:O
Duress
(12-20-2012, 06:18 PM)
Mother 64 on its way!
Dynamite Ringo Matsuri
(12-20-2012, 06:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Duress

Mother 64 on its way!

Man... I remember seeing a few screens of that in Ultra Game Players and thinking it looked pretty awesome. Thank god they didn't go with 3D visuals for M3, that game would have aged horribly
MisterHero
(12-20-2012, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Esnel Pla

If this ends up being a re-release collection the fan outcry in English speaking countries is going to be immense and immediate. OpRainfall plus every other fan movement added in and multiplied exponentially.

There's no more Nintendo Power to siege anymore.

Conspiracy!
Lambtron
(12-20-2012, 06:25 PM)
On the one hand I should know better than to get hyped over this. On the other hand, I'm not sure I can help myself. I hope whatever this is turns out awesome.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(12-20-2012, 06:31 PM)
Mother Triology for 3DS, believe.
rpmurphy
(12-20-2012, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Allan Holdsworth

Whatever it is, it will be Japan only.

なんか、みんな『MOTHER』をやってくれてありがとねー。ほんとに感謝します。スターマンネットの諸君(http://starmen.net/ )も、ほんとにありがとう。いろいろたのしいウワサは聞いてるんだ。せんちめんたる。

BELIEVE
Dr Stabbingworth
(12-20-2012, 06:34 PM)
My iphone is ready.
Lactose_Intolerant
(12-20-2012, 06:35 PM)
Going to do remakes like final fantasy and dragon quest. I'm up for it.
PK Gaming
(12-20-2012, 06:35 PM)
Javier
(12-20-2012, 06:36 PM)
It's Mother Trilogy.

I can feel it.

Whether it'll come out of Japan is a whole other matter.
GAMERG0D
Mother Trilogy on 3DS

Believe.
Alotsi

Originally Posted by Andrex

Jesus Christ, please! Please please this!

And NOA, don't be dicks and not localize it! Please!
likeGdid

There's no way it's not coming to America. It's the most American game there is!
InfiniteNine
(12-20-2012, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by likeGdid

There's no way it's not coming to America. It's the most American game there is!

Tell that to Metal Wolf Chaos!
Zulithe
(12-20-2012, 06:39 PM)
earthbound or mother 3 eshop release, or hopefully, maybe, some kind of remake or enhanced version of one or either games. In English. Please. ASAP!

eshop would be easy money but it could be an enhanced 3DS port similar to the DS version of Chrono Trigger (with changed-up UI and maybe a few bonus dungeons or something?) :x Dreaming sure is easy. But dreams... die... hard

if it's just an iOS release i'm going to have a breakdown.
Alotsi
(12-20-2012, 06:41 PM)
Watch it be a Mother-themed bento lunch.
axisofweevils
(12-20-2012, 06:44 PM)
I will not get hyped... I will not get hyped...
eXistor
(12-20-2012, 06:48 PM)
Mother 1 remade with Mother 2/3 graphics? Mother Triology? Whatever it turns out to be, I must have it.
likeGdid
(12-20-2012, 06:48 PM)

Originally Posted by InfiniteNine

Tell that to Metal Wolf Chaos!

The game revolves around a fictitious President of the United States named Michael Wilson. Using a suit of powered armor named Metal Wolf, he battles forces who have taken over his country in a coup d'état, including his arch nemesis, Vice President Richard Hawk.

Damn. That is ridiculously American. I don't understand why it's not here where we could play it while eating hamburgers and clapping :(
Tiu Neo
(12-20-2012, 06:50 PM)
Mother Trilogy. Will be released in the west.

Please. :(
PBalfredo
(12-20-2012, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by eXistor

Mother 1 remade with Mother 2/3 graphics? Mother Triology? Whatever it turns out to be, I must have it.

I'd love for the trilogy to be re-released, but by the wording of the (translated) tweet, my gut feeling is on a Mother 1 remake. Lord knows it could use it. It's an NES RPG, and it shows. Bringing it up to the level of Mother 2 and 3 would be incredible. Whatever it is, I'll put my full support to see that this gets Project Rainfall'd.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(12-20-2012, 06:55 PM)
Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be cool. Even if it's just getting Earthbound in a handheld version that doesn't have gimped music.
StayDead
um wat
(12-20-2012, 06:57 PM)
Mother... Re-release...

3DS or Wii U, I don't care I imported both. HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS!
TheJollyCorner
iOS release in Japan with Square-Enix re-writing the story.
Alotsi
It's funny how he had to keep stressing that it's not Mother 4. Poor guy. I'm sure he gets asked that a lot. I remember him saying during an interview that he'd like to see someone else tackle Mother 4 and that he would like to play the finished product. Providing the writer was as witty and funny as Itoi, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo went in that direction. I wonder if Nintendo has ever brought up that possibility.
Javier
(12-20-2012, 06:58 PM)
It's gotten to the point than anything Mother-related for the west would be good news. Even an Earthbound VC release would be awesome.

But I want to believe it's Mother Trilogy.
SmithnCo
(12-20-2012, 06:58 PM)
Just release it in the west and end this suffering.
73V3N
(12-20-2012, 06:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Andrex

It's production will be stopped a few months after release and then you will only be able to find it on ebay for 100000 dollars!
Kaldea
(12-20-2012, 07:00 PM)
New Mother announced.

*World ends*
18-Volt
(12-20-2012, 07:05 PM)
Itoi, make an adult RPG with a story from your buddy Haruki Murakami.
Nasley
(12-20-2012, 07:06 PM)
Mother trilogy for 3DS would get all my money, especially if they enhance them (Mother 1 in particular).

Why are people worried about an iOS release? Have many/any Nintendo franchises been released there?!
MaverickHunterX
(12-20-2012, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Itoi

Over Twitter, Itoi shared: “Since I’m allowed to drop it on you all now, I’ll just go ahead and say it. The “Mother re-release” I’d mentioned a bit before, we’re making progress on that.”

Wait, WHAT?! When was this mentioned?
Hot Coldman
Banned
(12-20-2012, 07:07 PM)
MOTHER3 with Wind Waker graphics let's goooooooooooooo
idlethreats
(12-20-2012, 07:18 PM)
Man, Earthbound is my all time favorite game but reading this news didn't even rouse me in the least. I hadn't realized that Mother 3's lack of a localization had scarred me this badly until now. :-/
Anth0ny
(12-20-2012, 07:20 PM)
Mother trilogy on 3DS please.

And for the love of fuck, bring it over to North America, NOA. I'm even okay with Europe at this point. Mother 3 needs to be available in English, officially.
Rash
(12-20-2012, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Ratchet

Jesus Christ, please! Please please this!

And NOA, don't be dicks and not localize it! Please!

Hasn't the lack of localization (and anything related to the Mother series in the west, really) been completely due to NCL, not NOA? I'm pretty sure even Reggie seemed interested in bringing more Earthbound goodness to the west but NCL makes the final decision.
Het_Nkik
(12-20-2012, 07:23 PM)
If it's just VC releases or something I don't really care, I already own all the original games boxed (even EarthBound!).

If they're doing remakes that'd be pretty cool. I could get excited for that.
ChosenPredator
(12-20-2012, 07:26 PM)
I am going in with the mentality of what the guy said in the first page japan only so I'm not going to crack a smile of excitement until i know its a trilogy that is coming here with the glory of ten greek gods.
Keavy_Rain

Originally Posted by Ushojax

Mother Trilogy for 3DS.

believe

I came so close to buying a cart-only copy of Earthbound for $240.

Dear Nintendo, YOU can release Earthbound on any system for $240 and I will gladly be there day one.

Seriously, Nintendo. I will give you $240 for ONE GAME. JUST GIVE IT TO ME!!!
SlaughterX
Mother 3 on the 3DS VC would be an instabuy for me.
WiiredShawn

Originally Posted by Rash

Hasn't the lack of localization (and anything related to the Mother series in the west, really) been completely due to NCL, not NOA? I'm pretty sure even Reggie seemed interested in bringing more Earthbound goodness to the west but NCL makes the final decision.

Well, when NOA's lawyers went back to NCL and mentioned the costs associated with changing the game to make it compatible with our copyright laws, NCL probably did make a final decision.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on this development, but I'm not hoping for much.

My fiancee will kill a man if they announced a 3DS trilogy release and leave it in Japan. C'mon, NOA!
Last edited by WiiredShawn; 12-20-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Zuhzuhzombie!!
(12-20-2012, 07:27 PM)

Before you get excited, it’s not Earthbound 4.

Why would I have gotten excited? Nintendo would have buried it in Japan anyway.
PBalfredo
(12-20-2012, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Rash

Not quite, NOA said that in order to bring EarthBound to the VC they needed to make changes to the music, but NCL had to sign off on making changes to the game and they didn't. But that was just the deal with bringing EarthBound to the Virtual Console. Mother 3 not making it stateside is on NOA

edit: beaten
Het_Nkik
(12-20-2012, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Keavy_Rain

I came so close to buying a cart-only copy of Earthbound for $240.

Dear Nintendo, YOU can release Earthbound on any system for $240 and I will gladly be there day one.

Seriously, Nintendo. I will give you $240 for ONE GAME. JUST GIVE IT TO ME!!!

What the, I bought a boxed copy for $300 and sold my loose cartridge for $60. How much have prices gone up in the past few years?

P.S. I bought my loose cartridge for $10 around 10 years ago.
Javier
(12-20-2012, 07:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Het_Nkik

What the, I bought a boxed copy for $300 and sold my loose cartridge for $60. How much have prices gone up in the past few years?

P.S. I bought my loose cartridge for $10 around 10 years ago.

Cheapest "Buy It Now" copy at eBay right now for a loose cart is $190.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty crazy. I remember a couple of years ago you could find copies for $70-90
Allan Holdsworth
(12-20-2012, 07:54 PM)

Originally Posted by 73V3N

It's production will be stopped a few months after release and then you will only be able to find it on ebay for 100000 dollars!

Mother Trilogy, Club Nintendo exclusive in North America, only 1000 copies made and put up at a random time (like that damn Kirby medal)
Zuhzuhzombie!!
(12-20-2012, 07:55 PM)
Hey Nintendo. How about you take a small hunk of money out of that gigantic pile and just pay the fucking licensing fees for the original music?

Mother Trilogy, Club Nintendo exclusive in North America, only 1000 copies made and put up at a random time (like that damn Kirby medal)

I would start a riot.

It would be like "Do the Right Thing" except no one would question the moral of the story because its obviously the right thing to do.
leroidys
(12-20-2012, 08:07 PM)
Get ready for more Japan-only Mother, now with Region Locking®!
El Chupacabra
(12-20-2012, 08:08 PM)
It's only because you guys didn't buy Earthbound that we Europeans never got it. The blame's entirely on you America.

Maybe some day we'll get a Mother game here in Europe...