• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Rash
(12-21-2012, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by KojiKnight

The Earthbound fanbase is very vocal, but also still pretty small. That's not to say it's small enough not to warrant a rerelease collection, or that it hasn't been long enough that Nintendo couldn't just give it "the old college try"... but you aren't going to see something on par with Op Rainfall if nothing is announced.

Was Op Rainfall really that big? I mean, I thought the Starmen.net community made a much better pitch with the EB Siege. Far more personal.

But yeah, I remember when the Mother 3 fan translation came out. There were over 300,000 unique downloaders, and even more people who were just visiting the page. If Nintendo gave a slight chance for further Mother localizations in the West, I'm pretty sure they'd get a strong response. The fans gave a great effort even when there was nothing actually on the table, so it could be quite the spectacle if Nintendo made some sort of offer.

But maybe that's just me being hopeful.
iirate
(12-21-2012, 12:26 AM)
It's crazy that I have a copy of Earthbound sitting a few feet from where I am, and I'm STILL fucking stoked at any news that might lead to a VC release(especially if it's on the 3DS!).

Giving more people a chance to play the greatest game ever made would be wonderful.
Zero-Crescent
(12-21-2012, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Axelstream

I'm trying so hard to control my expectations, but I just can't ;__;

Perhaps I can help:
- Mother radio drama
- Mother Artbook/Soundtrack
- Mother online retrospective
- Another Iwata Asks
- Mother Social game for GREE *ducks*
Dark Schala
Eloquent Princess
(12-21-2012, 12:31 AM)
Don't play with my heart, Itoi.

Quit playing games with my heart. :|
dragonflys545
(12-21-2012, 12:35 AM)
Yeah... Something that will never get localized...
GSR
(12-21-2012, 12:39 AM)
Sounds like some sort of VC re-release. Still nice to see something, and hopefully it can come overseas at some point.
Lucent
(12-21-2012, 04:11 AM)
I think this fan game is shaping up pretty well. Though it's certainly taking awhile to get done. Not sure how well the story and humor will turn out, but the graphics look right.

I really would love a trilogy though. Remake the first game to match the graphics and style of the other two games. I'd love a physical copy but if digital is the only way I guess it'd have to do.
YoungBlade
(12-21-2012, 04:25 AM)
ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Also if this dos not get localized the NoA building will be on fire.
Lucent
(12-21-2012, 04:31 AM)

Originally Posted by YoungBlade

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Also if this dos not get localized the NoA building will be on fire.

PSI FIRE!!
illadelph
(12-21-2012, 04:31 AM)
EARTHBOUND TRILOGY INCOMING.....END OF THE WORLD IMMINENT
ChosenPredator
(12-21-2012, 04:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Lucent

I think this fan game is shaping up pretty well. Though it's certainly taking awhile to get done. Not sure how well the story and humor will turn out, but the graphics look right.

I really would love a trilogy though. Remake the first game to match the graphics and style of the other two games. I'd love a physical copy but if digital is the only way I guess it'd have to do.

this fan game is the cure to the sorrows of so much fans when its out their servers will crash
Alotsi
(12-21-2012, 04:33 AM)

I'm looking forward to see how development advances on that fan game. I'd be willing to play the finished game.
YoungBlade
(12-21-2012, 04:33 AM)

PSI FIRE!!

And next to the ashes of Reggie's desk, I shall place a replica of Ness' cap and a recording of this sound looping.
Hiltz
(12-21-2012, 04:34 AM)
I wonder if Earthbound will be among the first virtual console titles offered on Wii U that supports off-tv play. That is, assuming this is part of Nintendo's plan to localize the franchise.
IdreamofHIME
Banned
(12-21-2012, 04:40 AM)
I'm a European, so I don't give a fuck

:p

But seriously, why u no like Europe Mr Earthbound Sir?:(
electroplankton
Banned
(12-21-2012, 04:42 AM)
I really hope for the best. I would prefer a remake on 3DS, of course in 2D, because that would mean a certain interest for the franchise. If it'll be a release on eShop VC, well, I hope they'll bring in the West!
Seven Force
(12-21-2012, 04:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Axelstream

I'm trying so hard to control my expectations, but I just can't ;__;

Took the words right outta my mouth D:
PKrockin
(12-21-2012, 04:50 AM)
Hours Left
(12-21-2012, 04:52 AM)
I... can't... wait... maybe it's... what?

*faints*
Schnei871
(12-21-2012, 04:53 AM)
This is cool. Will eat up whatever that man puts out
Scum
(12-21-2012, 04:54 AM)
Oi, Itoi! Just remake Earthbound using the Wind Waker engine!
beanman25
(12-21-2012, 05:13 AM)
I'm buying it. Japanese, English, German, Jibberish, etc. Whatever language, I want it.
Alotsi
(12-21-2012, 05:14 AM)
I keep forgetting that I own the original cart of Mother 3.
Jubern
(12-21-2012, 05:16 AM)
As a European dude it's hard to care about Mother, but it certainly picked my interest for a few years now.

As a new player, I would definitely welcome to 3DS collection or something like that.
InsaneZero
(12-21-2012, 05:25 AM)
Well, might as well start letter bombing NOA's offices, I suppose.

A Mother collection on the eShop would be fantastic, and having that actually localized even more so.
TreIII
(12-21-2012, 05:27 AM)

A remake of the first game is pretty much all I could really want. It's the only game in the series I actively struggle to replay, if only because it's so hard for me to go back to NES/Famicom-era RPGs.

Plus, even if Itoi doesn't add anything more to the story, there's bound to be something they could do to spice up the gameplay-side of things.

But whatever. Even if this isn't a game at all, I'm interested in seeing just what's going to happen .
big_z
Banned
(12-21-2012, 05:29 AM)
I will buy one of those wiiU touch screen attachments for my wii if they put out a mother 1-3 collection for it.
Drago
(12-21-2012, 05:32 AM)
A Mother Trilogy for 3DS would probably become my favorite game ever, so yeah I'd love for that to happen

And for some reason, I doubt NoA would not localize it. If they refused a localization of such a project, I imagine the fan backlash would be immense. Probably at least double the demand of the Op. Rainfall games. The Mother series has some crazily devoted fans.
Kai Dracon
Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
(12-21-2012, 05:33 AM)

Originally Posted by big_z

I will buy one of those wiiU touch screen attachments for my wii if they put out a mother 1-3 collection for it.

Don't forget to buy a second attachment to control your 3DS with I heard it works great.
terrisus
(12-21-2012, 05:43 AM)

But, with Earthbound characters as the anglers?

Seriously though, the Mother/Earthbound games are among my favorites ever. I have Earthbound for SNES (of course) and Mother 1&2 and Mother 3 for GBA (in Japanese, of course), and would absolutely love if they were all brought over (in English, of course) and put on the 3DS Virtual Console, to always have with me.

Frankly, I think the Bass Fishing thing is more likely than that other stuff happening... Of course...
Lucent
(12-21-2012, 07:31 AM)

Originally Posted by YoungBlade

And next to the ashes of Reggie's desk, I shall place a replica of Ness' cap and a recording of this sound looping.

lol I can just picture that.
Night_Trekker
(12-21-2012, 07:39 AM)
Mother 1-3 on one card... I'd buy that shit so fast.
demidar
(12-21-2012, 07:41 AM)
This is gonna result in a lot of broken hearts, no matter the result.

Which is exactly what Itoi wants.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(12-21-2012, 07:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Conor 419

Mother Three-release Wii U

Monolith Soft x Brownie Brown

I think MLSI has better things to do than port Mother 3.
ffdgh
(12-21-2012, 07:49 AM)

Originally Posted by demidar

This is gonna result in a lot of broken hearts, no matter the result.

Which is exactly what Itoi wants.

No crying until the end.
YoungBlade
(12-21-2012, 07:53 AM)

Originally Posted by thetrin

I think MLSI has better things to do than port Mother 3.

Yeah, like remake Mother 3.
Bjoern the Smexy
(12-21-2012, 08:09 AM)
Mother 1+2+3 compilation, PULLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! :<
Or a Mother 3 Director's Cut, with all the things put back in that were cut out.

EDIT: Seriously though, I think that's just something along the lines of plush toys or whatever.
I don't actually expect anything videogame related.
Last edited by Bjoern the Smexy; 12-21-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Persona7
(12-21-2012, 08:10 AM)
Limited edition special printing earthbound bento boxes.
Emitan
(12-21-2012, 08:14 AM)
Please just let me play Mother 3 on my 3DS. All I want.
demidar
(12-21-2012, 08:27 AM)
Being completely serious, I think a re-release on the eShop is the most likely with necessary music changes to avoid copyright infringement. Mother 1 and 2, 3 being a bit more murky. Oh and Japan only.

Originally Posted by Emitan

Please just let me play Mother 3 on my 3DS. All I want.

Did you change your name again?
Emitan
(12-21-2012, 08:28 AM)

Originally Posted by demidar

Did you change your name again?

Yup
IrishNinja
(12-21-2012, 08:46 AM)
Day 1, and i don't even know what it is. so much love.

might finally complete Mother Zero if its trilogy, but ive still got my cart & guide here, i'd love to support this series some more/replay it.

damn, that reminds me - i was trying to buy a Mr saturn plush off of this guy on buy/sell when i first came here in like '09, damn him for not getting back to me with a price!
IrishNinja
(12-21-2012, 01:37 PM)
bump, cause the morning crowd should share our joy~
Amir0x
demodded, not denutted
(12-21-2012, 01:38 PM)
Well I will just cross my fingers NOA isn't dumb again then, whatever it is
Kobiekun
(12-21-2012, 01:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Het_Nkik

How much have prices gone up in the past few years?

P.S. I bought my loose cartridge for $10 around 10 years ago.

For comparison's sake, I bought a boxed complete copy (box, cart, guide w/ stickers, all inserts) for $110 in February 2007 on ebay.
Kajiba
(12-21-2012, 01:55 PM)
Hopefully its something that will eventually come to the states. Very excited about this.
Diddy Kong
(12-21-2012, 02:35 PM)
Special Nintendo Direct Itoi Edition pls
IrishNinja
(12-21-2012, 02:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Diddy Kong

Special Nintendo Direct Itoi Edition pls

i would really love to see iwata & him talk, they're supposed to be good buddies. did he ever do an iwata asks with itoi? ive been meaning to go through the archives, i know i've missed some good ones.
Diddy Kong
(12-21-2012, 02:57 PM)

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

i would really love to see iwata & him talk, they're supposed to be good buddies. did he ever do an iwata asks with itoi? ive been meaning to go through the archives, i know i've missed some good ones.

This is the only Itoi & Iwata asks I'm aware of (Itoi tries Nintendo 3DS) :)

Link
demidar
(12-21-2012, 03:13 PM)
If I remember correctly, Itoi started the interview-like format and Iwata thought that was a good idea and adopted it.