• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: GAME leaks Tomb Raider Multiplayer

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Was here originally: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tomb-raider-game-exclusive-edition-187594

All Games Beta said:
Key Features

● A Turning Point: Experience Lara Croft’s intense origin story from a young woman to a hardened survivor.

● An All-New Raiding Experience: Explore a mysterious island filled with environmental puzzles, visceral combat, and ancient tombs to discover.

● Fight to Live: Salvage resources, gain experience, and upgrade Lara’s weapons to survive the island’s hostile inhabitants.

● Survive as a Team: Play a variety of multiplayer modes as Lara’s Shipmates or Yamatai’s Scavengers.

game.co.uk - Since removed

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/12/tomb-raider-multiplayer-confirmed.html

This is presumably their shocking announcement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People seemed nonplussed about Last of Us having multiplayer, so I'm sure this will get equally balanced perspective.

I'm willing to give it a chance and honestly it probably solidified a launch or near launch purchase for me instead of a $10 amazon sale. Just can't justify SP only games at launch unless they're massive like Fallout 3 or something.

BlackJace

That doesn't really motivate anyone to pre-order

images

Valnen

So Lara is being pinned as a sensitive and underdog woman who doesn't deserve what's happening to her, yet she's just as trained and as brutal or even more brutal than the pirates on the island?

Story is already falling apart.

Not really, how a story is marketed and how the story actually is are usually two different things. And you know, there's such a thing as character progression. A character's personality doesn't need to remain static.
First it's protect Lara. Now it's murder Lara in multiplayer

Which one is it?
Why can't it be both?

Valnen

Why does GAF want to hate this game? It's rather interesting the randomness in which GAF either hypes something or outright refuses to give it a chance.

MormaPope

Banned
Not really, how a story is marketed and how the story actually is are usually two different things. And you know, there's such a thing as character progression. A character's personality doesn't need to remain static.

Why can't it be both?

Then maybe they should market it differently? Also if the story isn't as it's marketed, I'd expect something more bland and normal than what was advertised before.

Derrick01

Banned
Why does GAF want to hate this game?

Because it's a very cynically made game. Take a classic franchise, piss on it by taking every crappy modern game element and hope because those elements were in some games that did well that the dumbass dudebros will all buy this one too. Its existence is a spit in the face of TR fans and really any actual video game fans out there.

Valnen

Clearly they are compelled to. Sheer jealousy and deep insecurities keep them from finding a mediocre-looking game interesting.

This game doesn't look mediocre honestly, and even if it did, there are far more mediocre looking games (DmC) that don't have the sheer level of universal hatred this game is attracting.

MormaPope

Banned
This game doesn't look mediocre honestly, and even if it did, there are far more mediocre looking games (DmC) that don't have the sheer level of universal hatred this game is attracting.

What's funny is DmC isn't shaping up to be a complete mess, the impressions in the demo thread range from cautious to pretty positive. It's funny you make assertions about people criticizing Tomb Raider yet you blindly threw DmC into the gutter.

I am getting this for the single player. Do not really care for multiplayer in the majority of games these days, but I'll probably try it out at least. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it is a waster of time and resources since it probably won''t last too long. I give it two to three weeks and then everyone will go back to COD.

Top Bottom