• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Clay Davis
(12-29-2012, 03:57 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTxxCnMWJw

story looks throwaway. hopefully it performs well on wii using the controller a motion detector is pretty cool.
MNC
(12-29-2012, 03:59 PM)
Wish we got a game more in the style of Alien, instead of Aliens. Also, is this looking more stylish (cartoony?) than before?
Clay Davis
(12-29-2012, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by MNC

Wish we got a game more in the style of Alien, instead of Aliens. Also, is this looking more stylish (cartoony?) than before?

it does look a little cartoonish now that you mention it. huh.

and yeah, I would love a game in the style of alien. it's one of the reasons I love dead space 1 so much, they almost captured that style and feeling but then you become a complete bad ass soon enough and the game loses all tension.
Amagon
(12-29-2012, 04:04 PM)
Character models doesn't look finish yet.
Cardon
(12-29-2012, 04:06 PM)
Story looks like it'll be a mess. That and the fact that they still haven't shown in any form stuff that they were working on nearly a year ago (stealth like sections, facehugger encounter) has me worried as to what was chopped and whether or not this is merely going to be a MP driven experience.
DieH@rd
(12-29-2012, 04:07 PM)
I dont have much faith in this project. Shame. Gearbox knew long time ago how to make great FPS singleplayer campaigns [Opposing Force].
OverHeat
(12-29-2012, 04:08 PM)
Graphics are not that great...the preview seem better.
Koralsky
(12-29-2012, 04:08 PM)
Looks bad :/

Will buy it in launch window
twinturbo2
butthurt Heat fan
(12-29-2012, 04:13 PM)
Is it me, or does one sound like Duke Nukem? I half-expected him to say "hail to the king, baby!"
CREMSteve
(12-29-2012, 04:17 PM)
Looks good, will buy
ironcreed
Banned
(12-29-2012, 04:17 PM)
Broliens: Colonial Bros. LOL, just kidding. Hoping for the best because I love Aliens. I will probably check it out at some point.
HigherLevel
(12-29-2012, 04:20 PM)
Looks cool. I get a Halo CE vibe sort of, and I know Halo is inspired by Aliens so no need for the "Aliens came first stupid" comments.
AHA-Lambda
(12-29-2012, 04:20 PM)
Yeah, those character models looked rough =/

Originally Posted by Koralsky

Looks bad :/

Will buy it in launch window

I have never understood this.
eshwaaz
(12-29-2012, 04:21 PM)
I really want this to be good, but every gameplay video has left me flat. Shooting looks really weak; no physicality or sense of impact.
dancrane212
(12-29-2012, 04:22 PM)
I wonder if that was Michael Biehn? Sounded just like him.

EDIT* I guess it is.
http://www.gamezone.com/products/ali...rines-campaign
Last edited by dancrane212; 01-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Hatten
(12-29-2012, 04:23 PM)
I expected something far worse, it actually seems interesting
Projectjustice
(12-29-2012, 04:25 PM)
I love the fact that this game is based on the Aliens movie. One of my all time fav movies. I really hope they use hudson's one liners in this game. Day one for me!
ironcreed
Banned
(12-29-2012, 04:31 PM)
The Aliens do look awesome. They nailed the look, and from the looks of it, their behavior. Half the battle won right there. Just give us some solid FPS mechanics, a great atmosphere with some really tense moments and I can probably overlook any ham-fisted shooter tropes that may arise.
Big Baby Buddha
(12-29-2012, 04:42 PM)
Disappointing that Sega chose to complete this over the Obsidian RPG. This looks about as generic a shooter as you can get these days.
injurai
(12-29-2012, 04:46 PM)
not enough fear in their eyes...
pants
(12-29-2012, 04:58 PM)
looks kinda poo, but i'll give it the benefit because i love Aliens
Heavy
(12-29-2012, 05:00 PM)
"Meh" would be a good, concise description for this. Feels like a game that should have came out 2-4 years ago. Eh, I'm open-minded... we'll see.
Mr. Luchador
I played NeoGAF Bingo and all I got was this tag
(12-29-2012, 05:06 PM)
Don't really see where the hate is coming from.

I saw a Bishop.
Mystery man - Burke?
LuuKyK
(12-29-2012, 05:07 PM)
I swear to god it seems to me this game is in production for ten years or something...
pants
(12-29-2012, 05:08 PM)
They should have just redone this intro and used this story, it's not like people remember :'(
AHA-Lambda
(12-29-2012, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by LuuKyK

I swear to god it seems to me this game is in production for ten years or something...

well... yeah, wasn't this originally a PS2 game?! O_o
jufonuk
(12-29-2012, 05:19 PM)
game looks too well lit, also the models and textures look a little rought around the edges, the characters look a bit borderlands, either way if it plays nice and has a lot of tension count me in.

i hope it is like infestation where they make you care about lost team mates etc.

on the one hand I am getting hyped to fuck about this game on the other, i cant help but think this is going to be a bit of a let down.
Hickee
(12-29-2012, 05:22 PM)
As soon as I seen Hicks I knew it had to be Michael Biehn, they used his likeness in Alien 3 without his consent and the dude made about as much money from that as he did from acting in Aliens.

Day 1 for me, massive fan and surely it can't be as bad as the last AvP.
alphaNoid
Banned
(12-29-2012, 05:25 PM)
YES!! Day one
Xater
(12-29-2012, 05:27 PM)
Meh.

I ams till not convinced about the quality of this game. It just seems like a generic shooter with Aliens setting. They don't even use stuff that is unique to Alien, like the acid blood, to make for some interesting mechanic that is not in every other FPS.
meltingparappa
(12-29-2012, 05:27 PM)
Ah jeez, doesn't look so hot.

But too late now, I already pre-ordered.
You can't back out of a pre-order, society would collapse!

I hope it purposefully goes off the rails at the end, and lets you fight an alien-ized space jockey and hyper-queen like Alien: Infestation did.
Nekofrog
(12-29-2012, 05:28 PM)

Originally Posted by pants

They should have just redone this intro and used this story, it's not like people remember :'(

One of the best game soundtracks of all time.
Adam Blue
(12-29-2012, 05:31 PM)
Too be honest, I wasn't that blown away from what I played at the Gamestop Expo. Still fun, but Gearbox + Aliens + development time should = amazing.

As for the story, Sega and WayForward did an amazing job with Infestation. They even created some amazing characters. I'm still unsure if Colonial Marines is supposed to be a parallel story or an alternate take on it. Whatever the case may be, the characters seem very underwhelming compared to infestation.
Mr Swine
(12-29-2012, 05:33 PM)

Originally Posted by meltingparappa

Ah jeez, doesn't look so hot.

But too late now, I already pre-ordered.
You can't back out of a pre-order, society would collapse!

I hope it purposefully goes off the rails at the end, and lets you fight an alien-ized space jockey and hyper-queen like Alien: Infestation did.

Aren't rumors circulating the web that we do get to investigate the Jockey ship and fight a Xenomorph burst from a engineer?
Haunted
(12-29-2012, 05:38 PM)
That looked better than I expected.

I guess they realised they had to do something to separate themselves from the human campaign in Aliens vs Predator. I also like the stylised characters, they're just on the precipice of the uncanny valley.
meltingparappa
(12-29-2012, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr Swine

Aren't rumors circulating the web that we do get to investigate the Jockey ship and fight a Xenomorph burst from a engineer?

Pre-order regret erased!

Hopefully they also take it one step further and make YOU the murderous malfunctioning android.
Christberg
(12-29-2012, 05:39 PM)
Looks decent, although I feel like they overreacted a bit when fans asked them for women in the game. We're pretty close to release now and a few bits look a title rough. Still plenty interested in the final game though. Gearbox is generally a solid developer and they've had plenty of time to get this right.
FoneBone
(12-29-2012, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Clay Davis

it does look a little cartoonish now that you mention it. huh.

and yeah, I would love a game in the style of alien. it's one of the reasons I love dead space 1 so much, they almost captured that style and feeling but then you become a complete bad ass soon enough and the game loses all tension.

Creative Assembly is supposed to be developing that.
.la1n
(12-29-2012, 05:53 PM)
Looks decent enough, Aliens is one of my favorite movies so it's hard to resist.
Hunter-Zero
(12-29-2012, 06:02 PM)
Looks like shit.

The sad thing is that its Aliens, so they got me by the balls, ill probably check this out anyway (at bomba price).
jufonuk
(12-29-2012, 06:04 PM)
I am thinking of picking up the AvP game again on the 360 just to have something to play, anyone know if there is any DLC for the game?

pretty sure I can get it in CEX or game for under 10. what is the general view on this? yes or no?
Edit: I didnt mind the marine campaign, I remember MP having no one online at all.

it's either this, or pick up Alien breed Trilogy (yeah i know it has nothing to do with the alien franchise) or play infestation again.
Sub_Level
(12-29-2012, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by dancrane212

I wonder if that was Michael Biehn? Sounded just like him.

EDIT* I guess it is.
http://www.gamezone.com/products/ali...rines-campaign

It could be neat to explore Hadley's Hope though (maybe the space jockey's ship too?). Hopefully the game turns out alright, there hasn't been a good Aliens related product since Monolith's game.

He came to a comic convention in my town once and apparently acted like an asshole lol
Projectjustice
(12-29-2012, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Sub_Level

He came to a comic convention in my town once and apparently acted like an asshole lol

Hes allowed to do that. Hes Hicks and john conners father.
Koralsky
(12-29-2012, 06:43 PM)

Originally Posted by AHA-Lambda

I have never understood this.

I'm just huge Alien fan :)
Clay Davis
(12-29-2012, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by FoneBone

Creative Assembly is supposed to be developing that.

really? is there any information regarding this game?
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(12-29-2012, 06:55 PM)
I want this to be good since I love Aliens and Gearbox but I just have trouble feeling it'll be anything more than average.
sevenchaos
(12-29-2012, 07:02 PM)
So excited for this. Please be good.
Mattdaddy
(12-29-2012, 07:02 PM)
Hell yeah.

Ready to get-it-on, YOU KNOW IT!!
BruceLeeRoy
Banned
(12-29-2012, 07:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Hunter-Zero

Looks like shit.

The sad thing is that its Aliens, so they got me by the balls, ill probably check this out anyway (at bomba price).

Me too man. The 4 player co-op has me cornered.
DoctorWho
BOSS
(12-29-2012, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Hickee

As soon as I seen Hicks I knew it had to be Michael Biehn, they used his likeness in Alien 3 without his consent and the dude made about as much money from that as he did from acting in Aliens.

Day 1 for me, massive fan and surely it can't be as bad as the last AvP.

Did he ever make any cash from Metal Gear?

This actually doesn't look too bad.