• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

XJF

It needs a lot of work, but it does the job

TV: SONY BRAVIA 50-inch LED KDL-50R450A
Surround Sound: SONY BRAVIA DAV-HDX585
Gaming Headset- Turtle Beach PX3, Stock Xbox One set, Turtle Beach P4C (for PS4 until they patch the PX3)
Consoles: Launch PS4, Xbox One, Cloud Black ACC:FFVII PS3 (imported), Xbox 360 Pro, PSP

gjdOILOl.jpg

bl9NP3Al.jpg

HY0JOdzl.jpg

7Lbnp1Fl.jpg

iALX

hand made by me :)

When I made it Kinect did not even exist yet, but in the end it fits great, no problem for little kids even to be caught by it and recognized well

all I need now is more place when 2 grown players are playing

LiK

hand made by me :)

When I made it Kinect did not even exist yet, but in the end it fits great, no problem for little kids even to be caught by it and recognized well

all I need now is more place when 2 grown players are playing

Damn, you made it? Nice job.

iALX

Damn, you made it? Nice job.

Yup watching this thread I collected different ideas... in the end came up with this :). Pracitcal, does not take up a lot of space, wires are hidden as much as they can be (everything is behing, I left space about an inch from wall, and about 10 inches behind drawers). I have hidden power cords behind them, lan switch, etc...

Drew everything on papers, took measures several times (and yet there was a mistake with top cover in the end heheheh), went to local shop, they cut everything according to my measuers, got all home and then assembled it... It was a painfull day for my back and knees, but in the end VOILA :)

Cheers for the link. I ended up watching his video later and felt quite silly for asking. But what I can't see, and he didn't seem to mention, was what acted as the middle part between each of the two desks, to make it an L? It's hard for me to see how he arranged it. It looks way more spacious than my current setup, so it'd be nice to have an alternative I can cobble together.

Herne

DSCF1136.JPG

New tv time!

Sharp Aquos LC-50LE650E 50" LED
Logitech X-540 speakers (soon to be replaced by Logitech Z-906)
Media PC (C2D E8400, 8GB, GeForce 9500GT, 3x 1TB drives)
Wii
Wii U
XBox 360
SNES

Excuse the mess - my flatmate was clearing out the fire when I took the photo, and a friend's PS3 is sitting on the floor as he brought it over last night and will be taking it back tomorrow.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
L6l0Ro9.jpg

My room is so small so I have nowhere to put them aside from there. I plan to reorganize my room soon to accommodate for everything, eventually.

at least stand the PS4 on the xbone for now away from the top vent. i have 3 xbones at work very close to each other and they run pretty warm.

Roflobear

Maybe it's nothing but specs show a response time of 5ms. The ASUS monitors I use have a response time of 2ms.

I'm sorry for bumping the old thread but I was just wondering if 5ms is a bad response time or if it's a noticeable increase from 2ms. I don't really know too much about monitors.

I'm sorry for bumping the old thread but I was just wondering if 5ms is a bad response time or if it's a noticeable increase from 2ms. I don't really know too much about monitors.

I don't think the average Joe will notice the increase from 2ms to 5ms. 5ms is still very good.

FrankWza

i think that rating is the refresh rate. input lag needs to be measured differently. companies cant quote input lag. too many variables.

i think that rating is the refresh rate. input lag needs to be measured differently. companies cant quote input lag. too many variables.

I think response time is what he's asking about, which can definitely be measured. Refresh rate is measured in hertz, not milliseconds.

FrankWza

Input lag = response time in this scenario, or at least that's what he's asking about. Response time can definitely be measured. Refresh rate is measured in hertz, not milliseconds.

the 5ms or 2ms rating the manufacturers give is not related to input. its for pixel response. you need separate tools to measure input lag.

the 5ms or 2ms rating the manufacturers give is not related to input. its for pixel response. you need separate tools to measure input lag.

I are confused. Did you think he has a tool to measure that or were you just asking for him to eyeball it? Because response time is really all we have on paper to go off when selecting a monitor.

I finally got around taking a couple pics of the gaming areas at home.
This is our family living room (55"Samsung LED; xbox360, Xbox One, PS3, BD Player, SS),
LRandMC_zpsd227fec1.jpg

48be58e0-1fcf-4d5d-ad1f-34b38955c253_zpsa982474a.jpg

I call this room the Man Cave; those are my two Jack Russells hard at work,
(65" Panasonic Plasma; Xbox360, Xbox One, PS2, Original Xbox & HP laptop).
mancave1_zps4ddd4aa6.jpg

74c1319d-ff2a-47a2-8061-77e306ea6acf_zps27d1a3b8.jpg

My Corner Office has been taken by the Christmas Tree, ha!
(Mac and PC).
386148cf-bf5e-42a2-bcfa-3728446ee1e9_zpseebe69be.jpg

Maybe, in a couple days, Santa will be cool enough to drop that PS4!

Cool. But a little weird for me, since your place has the same exact construction and floorplan as my buddy's old place in San Diego.

FrankWza

I are confused. Did you think he has a tool to measure that or were you just asking for him to eyeball it? Because response time is really all we have on paper to go off when selecting a monitor.

You is? Go back and read posts....become unconfused.

You should just edit your post in case someone reads it and thinks they're the same. For the community.

I'll make a minor edit but I feel pretty comfortable with what I said. You're probably right, input lag as a whole has factors beyond response time, but the original question was specifically about the response time on paper for a monitor (2ms vs 5ms). As I said above, response time is all we have to go off when looking at specs for a monitor so in this scenario, response time is the closest you're going to get when thinking about input lag. You yourself said that input lag may require a special tool to measure and isn't listed by manufacturers, and I haven't been able to find anything on the web to the contrary, so I don't feel like what I said was too far off base.

If you'd like to contribute a proper explanation regarding input lag (since the definition of response time seems to be clear), that would be a great way to close out this thread and make sure there's no confusion about the topic being discussed on the last page. :)

thedesigneroffice

Neo Member
Not as impressive as some of you guys though I only got the room off the missus about 6 months ago. Still want to get floors and walls done and then reorganise bits. Sorry for motion blur.

Just in case anyone wonders what things are:

1. Lancelot sword | Link
2. Hysteria Alice figure | Link
3. Sony KDL42EX440BU | Link
4. Game of Thrones house sigils, printed and put in cheap frames
5. Thundercats Figures (set) | Link
6. Game of Thrones TV series accompanying guide
7. Sony iPod dock | Link
8. Arkham City characters montage printed and put in cheap frame
9. English Battle Axe | Link
10. ACIII 3D poster | Link
11. Sofa Bed | www.dwell.co.uk (down at the moment)
12. ---------------
13. GTA IV City Map
14. Montage printed (GoW / ACIII / Arkham City) and in cheap frame
15. Skyrim Map

Thanks. That is so cool. I really appreciate that you shared the whole list. It can be really useful for others who are looking for new set-up.

Contemporary Office Furniture

Top Bottom