You better read this instead of blindly posting. The Project CARS header image is courtesy of Darkdeus.
- Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
- Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of you collection.
- Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
- Compression: Don't compress your screens or use a host that compresses them (Steam, Imgur).
- Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
- Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
- Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
- Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Did you use too much SweetFX? Yes.
- Fraps: The free version takes .bmps/.pngs and those should be the initial format you take screens in as they are lossless.
- Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
- Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare so if it sucks, bitch at him.
- Nvidia Inspector: Program for Nvidia cards for fine tweaking AA/AF and other graphical settings for games.
- Radeon Pro: Program for ATI cards for fine tweaking AA/AF and other graphical settings for games.
- MrRoderick's Screenshot Compendium: A great thread filled with advice on advanced techniques for screenshotting specific games.
- Nvidia Inspector: This guide covers how to force AA externally and the basics of using the program.
- Radeon Pro: Pretty self explanatory, but a guide would be appreciated.
- SGSSAA: This guide covers how to implement Sparse Grid Super Sampling, courtesy of BoobPhysics101.
- Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
- Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
- Minus: A solid alternative to Abload despite the questionable changes to the layout.
- Flickr: Good stuff if you are a paid user. Otherwise you are stuck with some limitations and shouldn't really use it.
Almost every thread regular was kinda enough to dig through their archives and pick out their favorite screenshots they took in 2012.
The name of the contributor of each screen is next to the game name. Sorry if you didn't make the cut! (Click for full-res).
Aerofly FS // Sethos
Hitman: Absolution // iNvid02
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare // Moaradin
Battlefield 3 // KyleN
Crysis 2 // Corky