• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

iNvid02

you're making cools cry blaburn. seriously though it makes me happy, we've come a long way and its not even been 10 years

ac3sp2013012214530341sfze4.png

ac3sp2013012214241183tkltm.png

You can play third or first person. It's a very beautiful game true to the Myst series. A must if you like Myst.

The online component is another story though. It only ran a few months before they shut it down. I tried it, it was absolutely horrible. Terrible connection problems, waiting 15 minutes to enter "the city" was no exception. Hardly any new content ever appeared, so when you completed all the puzzles, all you were left with was a 3-dimensional chat-box.
Apparently they put a server back up a few years ago for hardcore fans, but I never bothered to check it out. Yuck.

Will do, thanks for informing me about it. Still can't believe I completely missed a game in the series, goes to show how much is out there though. Bought the "Complete Chronicles" set of GoG, seems like it got expansions as well which makes my lack of knowledge of Its existence all the more plexing. Will have to look up the online aspect earlier, really can't imagine how that would work in Myst's context (obviously not very well in this case)

L.A. Noire had some really nice splatter effects, the shooting sections weren't always great but they did a great job with the impact of weapons I thought. Made their somewhat limited placement in the game all the more affecting.

Where is this in the game? I have absolutely no recollection of anything resembling this, looks great though. Especially the 'LOVE' decoration.

Does anyone know of a fix to the current Crysis 2 DX11 issue with Windows 8? Game launches in a custom, rectangular window and the resolution is set to undefined. Doesn't seem to be many answers on the web to the issue. Really want to give Maldo's texture pack a go now that I have the computer to handle it. And given this is the first Windows 8 related issue I've encountered no revert to 7 comments please :p

Echoplx

Does anyone know of a fix to the current Crysis 2 DX11 issue with Windows 8? Game launches in a custom, rectangular window and the resolution is set to undefined. Doesn't seem to be many answers on the web to the issue. Really want to give Maldo's texture pack a go now that I have the computer to handle it. And given this is the first Windows 8 related issue I've encountered no revert to 7 comments please :p

Weird, I played through Crysis 2 in DX11 on Windows 8 a few weeks ago without issues, is this a common problem?

Dear PC bros,

I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 8. I have a good PC (GTX 580 etc.) and I'm wondering how Windows 8 will affect anything I do re: PC gaming right now. Anyone else made the jump and found that Windows 8 fucks with the things they were formerly able to do in Windows 7?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dear PC bros,

I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 8. I have a good PC (GTX 580 etc.) and I'm wondering how Windows 8 will affect anything I do re: PC gaming right now. Anyone else made the jump and found that Windows 8 fucks with the things they were formerly able to do in Windows 7?

No, it seems like the issues I ran into are gone now. Injectors have been working for me. Oh, I haven't installed any GFWL games yet, but people have fixed those issues I've heard.

Well that about seals it then. Brave new world here I come.

You generally pleased with W8?

(sorry for going OT slightly)

I quite like it now, once you get used to it you'll find its a lot quicker to navigate in some instances (make sure to add control panel to your taskbar).

I would only upgrade though if you need to, it isn't worth the hassle on the whole.

Sethos

Banned
Dear PC bros,

Everything works perfectly, some games even work better especially when it comes to alt + tabbing, they seem to respond a lot better. FSX being the prime example, I couldn't alt + tab because that would make it impossible to maximize again but under Windows 8 it works like a charm.

So no problems here.

Why is this car so low-poly??? Is it your geometry settings or that's how it looks maxed out?

I'll do a test, but I believe it's because its not the "player" version of the car, but rather an instance of a jack spot or whatever its called. it was already parked and I thought.. hmm. picture. It does look fairly low poly and I don't remember that being the case. Also, the other shots aren't. I'ma go take some pics to find out.

Seeing these made me look up the latest version of the camera hack to see if the HUD toggle had been fixed, and it said it had. I download, try it, and my game crashes upon pressing NUMPAD 7. I guess the 1/17 patch broke it AGAIN.

The camera hack I got did not mention HUD removal unfortunately. And it's pretty janky. The only thing that really works, despite what all it claims, is the basic freeing of the camera in either orbit or non orbit mode. Thus i've been grabbing screens right before the pause menu comes up. My screen key is F1.

In the meantime, here's a few more from my first screen spree. I'll probably want to post a lot more since I think these look pretty awesome, so if becomes excessive, let me know.

nfs132013-01-2206-38-ikcrn.png

nfs132013-01-2206-18-xgcfq.png

Dear PC bros,

Only issue I've had so far is being unable to play Crysis 2 w/Maldo Texture pack in DX11 mode for the reasons I listed above. Worked fine during my short time with Windows 7 on my new PC (windows 8 15 dollar upgrade came out a week after I built it) Xsplit also had some issues at first but the new Beta version fixed all of them and the program now works correctly. I really do think Windows 8 is brilliant, wouldn't want to go back to 7 (and certainly not Vista)

Kukuk

Banned
Didn't think my computer could run Skyrim like this, but apparently it can. At like 40-50FPS even.

Downsampled from 2160x1350, 8xAA.
s1fsuve.png

s22yumk.png

No, it seems like the issues I ran into are gone now. Injectors have been working for me. Oh, I haven't installed any GFWL games yet, but people have fixed those issues I've heard.

In Windows 8 I could never get injectors to play nice with OSDs like Fraps or Afterburner; It was one or the other. Then there was also D3DOverrider not working, that was a real bummer as well.

scitek

The camera hack I got did not mention HUD removal unfortunately. And it's pretty janky. The only thing that really works, despite what all it claims, is the basic freeing of the camera in either orbit or non orbit mode. Thus i've been grabbing screens right before the pause menu comes up. My screen key is F1.

Keep an eye out here.

He'll update the HUD fix every so often, but every new patch breaks it again. It's annoying me to no end as I'd like to make another music video with this game. The new version of the camera fix does some cool stuff, like force feedback sensitivity and letting you turn off the crash cam (which is basically a cheat as you can then plow through anything lol).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Keep an eye out here.

He'll update the HUD fix every so often, but every new patch breaks it again. It's annoying me to no end as I'd like to make another music video with this game. The new version of the camera fix does some cool stuff, like force feedback sensitivity and letting you turn off the crash cam (which is basically a cheat as you can then plow through anything lol).

If we email him it'd probably help. I emailed him last time and he fixed it up.

Keep an eye out here.

Wow thank you. I must say, taking screenshots in this game yields some beautiful results, but requires alot of patience. I now hate traffic with a burning passion. A better camera hack would make things easier though.

So, it was the whole non-player-car thing, but even still the actual model leaves a little to be desired. Such a bummer because the agera is a thing of beauty and deserves all of the polygons. In the world.

Anyway, here's take two and a bonus:

nfs132013-01-2213-05-ikbll.png

nfs132013-01-2212-59-b9y58.png

MMMM MMMM those boardwalk textures.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Wow thank you. I must say, taking screenshots in this game yields some beautiful results, but requires alot of patience. I now hate traffic with a burning passion. A better camera hack would make things easier though.

So, it was the whole non-player-car thing, but even still the actual model leaves a little to be desired. Such a bummer because the agera is a thing of beauty and deserves all of the polygons. In the world.

Anyway, here's take two and a bonus:

http://www.abload.de/img/nfs132013-01-2213-05-ikbll.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/nfs132013-01-2212-59-b9y58.png[IMG]

MMMM MMMM those boardwalk textures.[/QUOTE]

Pro Tip.

Get in a situation you wanna take screenshots in.

Pause the game.

Disable the HUD.

You're free to move the camera around with the game completely paused in whatever situation you were in with no hud and you can take screenshots. It's how I took my shots of my car in the air after smashing through a billboard.

Examples:

[quote][img]http://i2.minus.com/iuQibZoA8QQxB.jpg

iFIEgD6tvSrkH.jpg

Also, you can go into the settings when you've got a shot you really like, change the resolution to a much higher one, take the shot, and then switch back to a more playable one.

Pro Tip.

Get in a situation you wanna take screenshots in.

Pause the game.

Disable the HUD.

You're free to move the camera around with the game completely paused in whatever situation you were in with no hud and you can take screenshots. It's how I took my shots of my car in the air after smashing through a billboard.

Examples:

Also, you can go into the settings when you've got a shot you really like, change the resolution to a much higher one, take the shot, and then switch back to a more playable one.

Yeah, I just downloaded the new version. HOLY SHIT. I don't know how to give you enough internet high fives. Fuck. Yes. It's nice how the pause menu works like that. You's a boss, and apparently my google fu needs some work.

Pro

Any suggestions on Video Cards to get high DS resolutions without spending too much? My 6950 only goes up to 2560x1600. Looking into the Radeon 7870 for around $230. Could crossfire it with the existing 6950 too.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Any suggestions on Video Cards to get high DS resolutions without spending too much? My 6950 only goes up to 2560x1600. Looking into the Radeon 7870 for around $230. Could crossfire it with the existing 6950 too.

Gtx 660 ti.

You cant crossfire a 7870 and 6950* Either way I would recommend over 1600 2x 7950's. I have two 7870's and they do the job at 1440 but I think the extra VRAM would make it a lot smarter buy.

Sethos

Banned

The Geforce Titan is supposed to be reasonably priced and just around the corner.

Top Bottom