• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

injurai
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:07 PM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tacitus_

Deus Ex did the genre justice just fine. There were some problems with the game design, yes, but having bad bosses doesn't mean it's worse as a cyberpunk piece.

I'd argue System Shock I & II fit the bill as well.
Fine Ham Abounds
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:07 PM)
Fine Ham Abounds's Avatar
On second thought, maybe it'll just be someone from CDPR saying hi and showing us all the images we've already had posted here in a slideshow + Ken Burns effect.

Trying to deflate myself ahead of time
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(01-10-2013, 08:08 PM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by injurai

I'd argue System Shock I & II fit the bill as well.

You would be wrong. SS is straight up Alien design.
Twinduct
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:09 PM)
Twinduct's Avatar
Oh lordy I'm an hour early! ..... What do?!
LegendX48
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:10 PM)
LegendX48's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinduct

Oh lordy I'm an hour early! ..... What do?!

Play games to pass the time?
DieH@rd
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:11 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinduct

Oh lordy I'm an hour early! ..... What do?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kue_gd8DneU
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(01-10-2013, 08:11 PM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twinduct

Oh lordy I'm an hour early! ..... What do?!

I woke up 10 mins ago, hit F5 and,,,

:(
BabeSlayer
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
BabeSlayer's Avatar
probably a dumb question but i'm seeing a lot of Witcher 2 talk in here, are these 2 games related somehow? I'm not seeing the connection?
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
EatChildren's Avatar
Human Revolution was deliberately distant from the archetypical cyberpunk of Deus Ex. Its theme was, as touted by the developers, a "technological renascence". Society and life was on a high. There's still a lot of strong cyberpunk themes, but it's not the gutters of society that Deus Ex was, and what is expected from cyberpunk.

Traditional cyberpunk is pretty underused these days. Most "cyberpunk" takes the Human Revolution approach: cleaner, progressive, and positive. Not that this makes them bad persay, but you don't see a lot of grungy, dirty, low life cyberpunk any more.
Endo Punk
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
Endo Punk's Avatar
TronLight
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
TronLight's Avatar

Originally Posted by BabeSlayer

probably a dumb question but i'm seeing a lot of Witcher 2 talk in here, are these 2 games related somehow? I'm not seeing the connection?

Same developers.
Agent Ironside
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
Agent Ironside's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fine Ham Abounds

On second thought, maybe it'll just be someone from CDPR saying hi and showing us all the images we've already had posted here in a slideshow + Ken Burns effect.

Trying to deflate myself ahead of time

Its just the 3 screenshots we've seen in a slide show. No music.
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by BabeSlayer

probably a dumb question but i'm seeing a lot of Witcher 2 talk in here, are these 2 games related somehow? I'm not seeing the connection?

Same dev
krishian
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:12 PM)
krishian's Avatar

Originally Posted by BabeSlayer

probably a dumb question but i'm seeing a lot of Witcher 2 talk in here, are these 2 games related somehow? I'm not seeing the connection?

Same developer, CD Projekt Red?
Tacitus_
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:13 PM)
Tacitus_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by BabeSlayer

probably a dumb question but i'm seeing a lot of Witcher 2 talk in here, are these 2 games related somehow? I'm not seeing the connection?

Same developer.

Originally Posted by EatChildren

Human Revolution was deliberately distant from the archetypical cyberpunk of Deus Ex. Its theme was, as touted by the developers, a "technological renascence". Society and life was on a high. There's still a lot of strong cyberpunk themes, but it's not the gutters of society that Deus Ex was, and what is expected from cyberpunk.

Traditional cyberpunk is pretty underused these days. Most "cyberpunk" takes the Human Revolution approach: cleaner, progressive, and positive. Not that this makes them bad persay, but you don't see a lot of grungy, dirty, low life cyberpunk any more.

I disagree. There was the shine on some of it, but you had to just look harder to see under the surface. At the start of the game a corporations commando team assaults your company's headquarters, in order to sabotage research. Then, a bit later when you leave the well lit areas, you see gang members (augmented at that) claiming neighbourhoods, there's a weapon dealer at an abandoned gas station and all sorts of other nasty business just around the corner. In the 2nd hub, you spend most of the time in an area where there's no sky - just a gigantic platform built over the poor where the rich and powerful dwell. Not to mention the sorts of stuff that goes on later in the game.
Last edited by Tacitus_; 01-10-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Anarkin
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:14 PM)
Anarkin's Avatar

Trailer nie będzie zawierał elementów z tzw. game-playa, czyli pokazujących jak faktycznie będzie wyglądała rozrywka. Należy nastawić się na film promocyjny, stworzony przez firmę najbardziej znanego polskiego grafika - Tomasza Bagińskiego. Według naszych ustaleń, jego premiera miała nawet odbyć się w warszawskiej siedzibie notowanej na NewConnect Platige Image - firmy grafika. Bagiński od dłuższego czasu współpracuje z Redami. Jest autorem intra pierwszej i drugiej części Wiedźmina.

Source: http://tech.pb.pl/2951737,13221,cyberpunk-2077-nadciaga

They say it's a CGI trailer made by Platige Image.
BabeSlayer
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:14 PM)
BabeSlayer's Avatar
so its the same developer then? lol thanks figured it was something like that but for some reason I only remembered Atari or Namco being attached to W2 its been a while obviously.

I realize those are publishers I was looking in the wrong place for the connection was my point.
Last edited by BabeSlayer; 01-10-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: clarify
Eideka
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Anarkin

Source: http://tech.pb.pl/2951737,13221,cyberpunk-2077-nadciaga

They say it's a CGI trailer made by Platige Image.

Meh.
Twinduct
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:15 PM)
Twinduct's Avatar
^^^^^^^^^
Oh well .. that's one way to make me sad :<

Originally Posted by LegendX48

Play games to pass the time?

Too late now :/

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kue_gd8DneU

Too early for this :/

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

I woke up 10 mins ago, hit F5 and,,,

:(

Screwed up my timezone calculations too. Made popcorn and everything :<
Naxx
Junior Member
(01-10-2013, 08:15 PM)
Naxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anarkin

Source: http://tech.pb.pl/2951737,13221,cyberpunk-2077-nadciaga

They say it's a CGI trailer made by Platige Image.

CGI :(
Perkel
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Tacitus_

Deus Ex did the genre justice just fine. There were some problems with the game design, yes, but having bad bosses doesn't mean it's worse as a cyberpunk piece.

Yes it is good game but hardly hit the tones i'm looking for in scifi/cyberpunk gengre.

Originally Posted by TronLight

Hard Reset is awesome if you ask me.

Binary Domain was hardly cyberpunk IMHO, and I think Mass Effect never went that way.

Hard Reset is fun game but it is still shooter, no really worthwile story or dialogs.
My list was more about sci-fi/cyber in general rather than cyber only and it was only about recent years.

System shock/Deus Ex really did amazing job and there were few other games like anarchox which were amazing. Quality of those games were much above what we have in scifi/cyber gengre now.

edit:

CGI ? Eh. Well at least Platine Image are absolutely stellar studio like Blur so we will be getting something amazing :)
Snakeyes
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:16 PM)
Snakeyes's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

I was wondering whether Kavinsky's soundtracks would fit the genre... anyone know of any well known artist besides Daft sPunk whose music fits the cyberpunk feel?

I recently stumbled upon an artist (not famous like the aforementioned people) called Noir Deco thanks to this thread.

Basically any neon electro revival (or whatever this genre is called).

LazerHawk - Distress Signal
Power Glove - Streets of 2043
Maethelvin - Plan B
GrayFoxPL
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:17 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anarkin

Source: http://tech.pb.pl/2951737,13221,cyberpunk-2077-nadciaga

They say it's a CGI trailer made by Platige Image.

Oh! It's from Baginski. At least it will be artistically pleasant.
dark_inferno
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:17 PM)
dark_inferno's Avatar
CGI? At least we get to see how the design is from the game. Remember the Deus Ex CGI Teaser? That one was awesome.
R1CHO
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:18 PM)
R1CHO's Avatar
Cgi or not is going to be fucking boss.
Perkel
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:18 PM)
Remember people Platine Image are crazy good studio so at least we will see some mindblowing CGI.

BTW

found this track. It is not ofcourze official OST or anything but dude is amazing imo

track
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-10-2013, 08:19 PM)
EatChildren's Avatar
And I'm not in the least bit surprised to see a game still two years away from a company heavily recruiting for actual production teased with a CGI trailer.
Lasthope106
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:20 PM)
Lasthope106's Avatar
The intro cinematic to the Witcher games were a pretty good preview of what could be done in game, and set the atmosphere. I have no doubt that what we see in the "CGI" trailer is pretty close to the experience CDPR is going to deliver.
Ciastek3214
Junior Member
(01-10-2013, 08:20 PM)
Ciastek3214's Avatar
Well, it might as well be target render.
TronLight
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:21 PM)
TronLight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lasthope106

The intro cinematic to the Witcher games were a pretty good preview of what could be done in game, and set the atmosphere. I have no doubt that what we see in the "CGI" trailer is pretty close to the experience CDPR is going to deliver.

Yeah, but many wanted a glimpse of the technical side of the game too.
Agent Ironside
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:22 PM)
Agent Ironside's Avatar
Kinda sad. But happy. Will watch anyways.
boskee
Junior Member
(01-10-2013, 08:22 PM)
boskee's Avatar
I told you there's no way they can show any in-game footage. It's been only 6 months since they started working on Cyberpunk 2007. We will probably see some footage during CD Projekt's Autumn conference.
Tacitus_
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:22 PM)
Tacitus_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by TronLight

Yeah, but many wanted a glimpse of the technical side of the game too.

It's still about two years off. They probably haven't even started to build in game assets, just concept art and working the mechanics out.
Messofanego
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:23 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Great Rumbler

Makes me tear up every time I read this. :'(

Why? Because they've changed their game from those promises? Or just overjoyed?
injurai
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:23 PM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by TronLight

Yeah, but many wanted a glimpse of the technical side of the game too.

who knows, they probably could have put together a demo level for us to get giddy over, I'm sure they have the capacity for that. Red Engine is already built and all.
Derrick01
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:23 PM)
Derrick01's Avatar
Told you guys it'd be CG or something. It's way too early for anything substantial.
Agent Ironside
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:24 PM)
Agent Ironside's Avatar

Originally Posted by injurai

Oh wow!!! I love them.

You have good taste I see!
Noisepurge
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:24 PM)
Noisepurge's Avatar

Originally Posted by i-Lo

I was wondering whether Kavinsky's soundtracks would fit the genre... anyone know of any well known artist besides Daft sPunk whose music fits the cyberpunk feel?

I recently stumbled upon an artist (not famous like the aforementioned people) called Noir Deco thanks to this thread.

already posted earlier in this thread :D check out this playlist if you have Spotify:
http://open.spotify.com/user/malakae...ROILFTQIx0qz76

and if not,

Danger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaiUg01NiGY
4Trakz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMvYemrZnM4
Barretso https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2oDusviWDw
Freshlovers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82a6RUfPjY
Futurecop! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLXw1BLB2hs
Kavinsky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_svUt5_e0
Kolt13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s547YksfsQ
L'Equipe Du Son https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7_3lOAogbk
Lazerhawk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4
Miami Nights 1984 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg
Midnight Club https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HU_02d0h7Q
Mitch Murder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzV-5zeZlhs
The Outrunners https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpWM6rpl2UE
Tangerine Dream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqEujUKoi9Q
Worship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDmWPAxooo
Loose Shus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9_z0JPYI78
Silenx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfa2VOk-1dE

Originally Posted by Snakeyes

Basically any neon electro revival (or whatever this genre is called).

goes mainly by "neudisco" or "nudisco" or "french electro"
TronLight
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:25 PM)
TronLight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tacitus_

It's still about two years off. They probably haven't even started to build in game assets, just concept art and working the mechanics out.

But it was announced like 6 month ago?
I'd be surprised if they don't have really nothing to show.

Originally Posted by injurai

who knows, they probably could have put together a demo level for us to get giddy over, I'm sure they have the capacity for that. Red Engine is already built and all.

I wonder if they upgraded to DX11 though (yes please).
shinobi602
(01-10-2013, 08:25 PM)
shinobi602's Avatar
Trailer is CG?

Boner destroyed.
miladesn
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:26 PM)
miladesn's Avatar
It was obvious it was going to be CGI, they way they treated it in previous event screamed early concept stage/pre production and it's a completely new game for the team, it takes sometime unlike maybe a Witcher 3 for example.
Eideka
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by TronLight



I wonder if they upgraded to DX11 though (yes please).

Confirmed.
Perkel
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:27 PM)
30 minutes !

BTW where this trailer will be ?
TronLight
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:27 PM)
TronLight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eideka

Confirmed.

Hell.
Yeah.

Bring it on.
The Nature Roy
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:29 PM)
The Nature Roy's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark_inferno

CGI? At least we get to see how the design is from the game. Remember the Deus Ex CGI Teaser? That one was awesome.

Yep, that's what I was going to say as well. The DX:HR trailer was stellar. And expecting much more than that from a mammoth game barely under development and w/years to go before release was not very realistic.

Speaking of cyberpunk games -- I realize it was a critical and commercial bomb, but I'm playing through the Starbreeze Syndicate reboot right now ($5 at Amazon or whatever it was), and I'm actually digging the game and the atmosphere a fair amount.
Tacitus_
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:30 PM)
Tacitus_'s Avatar
You guys can check http://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk_Music/top/ for suitable music to get you in the mood.

Originally Posted by TronLight

But it was announced like 6 month ago?
I'd be surprised if they don't have really nothing to show..

Well, they could've done some work, but they also might've needed to throw it away after they lock down all the concepts.
injurai
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:33 PM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Agent Ironside

You have good taste I see!

Damn straight!

Originally Posted by TronLight

I wonder if they upgraded to DX11 though (yes please).

I heard they had. Or at least it would be upon the release of their next game.
Fine Ham Abounds
Member
(01-10-2013, 08:33 PM)
Fine Ham Abounds's Avatar
Ew, didn't realize it'd be on facebook. Gonna be watching you all shaking and crying while I wait for a youtube link :p
AlimNassor
Banned
(01-10-2013, 08:35 PM)
AlimNassor's Avatar
Why do people have a problem with CGI trailers? I fucking loved those in the Diablo and Warcraft games.

Thread Tools