• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix ask you what do you want in 2013

Quazar

Next Gen wish list from Square:

Bushido Blade or Brave Fencer
Tactics Ogre
FFT
New Chrono

New IP like Xenogears
Maybe a new higher budget Last Remnant
Couple new IP's

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think Versus XIII should be revealed as Final Fantasy XV

I'm not sure Versus would benefit anymore from having 'XIII' in the name, and I can't realistically see why it'd have to be part of the series, even if it does share mythos.

And then they should reveal Agni's Philosophy as the 'future' (i.e FFXVI) so people can forget about the XIII stigma and focus on the next two major installments

It doesn't. See FFXII and the Ivalice games.

IoCaster

The main reason why it's unlikely to happen is just that the director and many of the staff are absorbed in FF14.

I had assumed that The Last Remnant sold so poorly that it is a foregone conclusion that any initiative toward developing a sequel would be laughed out of the boardroom. But...

tac.jpg

...really?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, if it makes you feel any better, when I say 'modern take' that also includes where Japanese games are at with characters and storytelling, which is one of my major peeves with the game. There's a fair bit of otaku pandering in the party chats and even a couple of the more minor story scenes.
Party Chats? Oh my.

So they're exactly like Tales, where other party members imply that a girl likes a guy and the girl would generally say, "N-no! I-it's nothing like that! How could you even say that??? *blush*"? Or they include some tropes that's completely overused in Japanese games to the point of the player kind of getting bored with it?

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised this isn't a page with only a dropdown list where the only 3 choices are Lightning, Lightning and Lightning.

nasos_333

Most people just want Bravely Default and Type-0 localizations, with some Versus news. It's not that hard to please us, but I will keep my hopes low for now.

I doubt Type-0 would come with the current state of PSP

I agree though with many that want a 3DS version, which would definatly sell a huge lot with the 25 million 3DS user base, which is growing rapidly

In any case my top priority is Bravely Default, for the stunning 2D art and world

Remake the 3d final fantasys into 2d

That would be so amazing, the reason i liked FF7-8-9 the most is the amazing 2D art

The same reason i want Bravely Default so much

I never understood the obsession with 3D, especially with the style FF games have

cj_iwakura

There have been a lot of rumours surrounding a new Legacy of Kain title, plus with SE resurrecting many of Eidos older "classic" IP like Thief and Deus Ex, I could definitely seeing it being true.

I'd rather see Fear Effect 3 come out, since that was actually in the works and canned.

Verendus

Banned
If someone at SE genuinely asked this question, my response would be, I don't know, that one game called Final Fantasy Versus XIII you announced 7 years ago. How about you release the damn thing? Wankers.

2San

Doesn't SE know how much money it would make if it did what the fans asked? Why are companies so stupid?
Localizing Bravely Default and Type-0 doesn't seem like major risk to me. If those games aren't worth localizing not many handheld games are imo.

No buying SE games until I get Bravely Default in my hands, imhhho.

Unless of course they give me my favourite game ever (Final Fantasy VI) in a full 3D remake.

cj_iwakura

Localizing Bravely Default and Type-0 doesn't seem like major risk to me. If those games aren't worth localizing not many handheld games are imo.

Type-0, yes. Making a Vita version and/or a 3DS version would require a ton of work.

Bravely Default, not releasing that would be beyond stupid.

Of course, this is Squeenix we're talking about.

Type-0, yes. Making a Vita version and/or a 3DS version would require a ton of work.

Bravely Default, not releasing that would be beyond stupid.

Of course, this is Squeenix we're talking about.

A Vita or, even better, a 3DS version could easily be sold to half/full price in Japan with a few extras.

I think is clearly the best way right now, but I think Sony must have some exclusivity deal or something...

Gaming

Neo Member
Beside the certain localization for Bravely Default, DQM, DQ VII, Type-0 (SE would be stupid not to bring them to the west) I also want:

Sigma Harmonics
Blood of Bahamut
Nanashi no Game
Nanashi no Game Me

do it, SE

Velcro Fly

Full support for handhelds in the West.

Bravely Default
DQVII
FFV and FFVI remakes

Type-0 I can take or leave at this point.

BD1

Banned
Dragon Quest X on Wii U in NA, please.

In the not likely category: New Crystal Chronicles game (drops FF from its name, becomes its own IP) that allows online CoOp and has all the great GBA/GCN features that were ahead of their time.

The thought of SE actually listening to their fans is hilarious. And like they'd even need to ask if they really had the intention. I mean honestly:

• Versus
  • Competent and worthy FFVII remake

Those two are first and foremost. Also:

• Western release of Bravely Default
  • Western release of FF Type-0
  • Western release of DQVII remake
  • FFX remake for PS3
  • Agni's Philosophy
  • FFXV. (Make it not suck and don't turn it into MMO bullshit. Have it be a worthy follow-up to FFVI through FFX.)
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Xenogears remake and/or sequel

We'll probably be lucky if we get one or two of those things listed without them botching it up somehow.

Zomba13

Just put Type-0 on the PSN store as a PSP download. That way Vita owners can play it on their Vita and PSP owners can also play it AND they don't have to release it as a retail UMD.
Then, if it does well, they can port it to 3DS with a Final Mix type extra bit or something.

I just want Type-0. And Versus but lol at that actually ever coming out.

Forgot to mention new Bushido Blade or Chrono game. They have so much they could choose to make instead of another MMO or freaking Lightning game.

watershed

Banned
Bravely Default being localized for the west, TWEWY sequel that's not on ios, and the next mainline Dragon Quest announced for the 3ds.

hongcha

What I most want is Seiken Densetsu V for the Vita or 3DS (the "V" would make marketing for the Vita easy, they could even call it Seiken Densetsu Vita). Anyway, it should have gameplay similar to SD 2 or 3.

Ogre Battle remake, followed by new OB or TO game.

Valkyrie Profile 3.

Zweihänder.

cancel Versus and stop all that Final Fantasy nonsense. use the talent to create something new.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Let's turn the tables then. I bet you that Versus WILL show up. If not, then avatar of your choice for a month.

Game on. I'll be prepared for anything. :p

Top Bottom