• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(01-23-2013, 07:27 PM)
shagg_187's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

The only people allowed at the auction were the creditors and bidders, which was held at a law office.

The court hearing is public.

I wanna know how heated the auction was. Someone better spill it! I bet as of now, some publishers waged war simply by outbidding other. So excitingly twisted lol.
bishoptl
(01-23-2013, 07:27 PM)
bishoptl's Avatar

Originally Posted by BronsonLee

Polygon says they're gonna liveblog it... But beyond that, isn't the judge only allowing bidders/people directly involved in?

Correct. Without someone on the inside, journalists will be in the dark until the judge finalizes and releases his findings.
Dueck
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:27 PM)
Dueck's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

The court is in Delaware I think.

Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(01-23-2013, 07:28 PM)
Shard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moertel

I think Polygon's Chris Grant is there... or at least he's in DE and trying to get into the thing.

Yea, he is there and is freezing according to his Twitter.
KefkaTaran
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:28 PM)
KefkaTaran's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lasthope106

Is there no one in the press who has access to this thing? So much for game's journalism. Where are the connections the major sites claim to have? Times like these is when we should be getting good minute-to-minute coverage.

Polygon has a person there. I'm sure we're not the only one. As others have said, it's a private auction, so only so much we can do at that point.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(01-23-2013, 07:29 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by shagg_187

I bet as of now, some publishers waged war simply by outbidding other.

Well that's generally how an auction works. :P
Caspel
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:32 PM)
Caspel's Avatar
Damn! I was hoping to be able to visit my former colleagues at THQ in an upcoming trip back to LA. I guess I'll have to take them out for drinks now.
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(01-23-2013, 07:32 PM)
Shard's Avatar
There is also that Distressed Debt guy who seems to have courtroom access.
Jest Chillin
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:32 PM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar

Originally Posted by shagg_187

I wanna know how heated the auction was. Someone better spill it! I bet as of now, some publishers waged war simply by outbidding other. So excitingly twisted lol.

Where's a Storage Wars gif with well known devs photoshopped on when you need it?
DieH@rd
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:32 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar
Rest in Piece THQ.

Hopefully all your IPs and teams will find new homes and continue to entertain us.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(01-23-2013, 07:33 PM)
shagg_187's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Where's a Storage Wars gif with well known devs photoshopped on when you need it?

YES! I need that shit now!! :lol
Jrpgfanatic
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:34 PM)
Jrpgfanatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Where's a Storage Wars gif with well known devs photoshopped on when you need it?

Seriously, somebody needs to get on this.

EA: "Yuuuuuuuuup!"
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(01-23-2013, 07:34 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shard

There is also that Distressed Debt guy who seems to have courtroom access.

He's a value investor that specializes in bankruptcy, so he's probably also there on behalf of some firms.
birdman
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:34 PM)
birdman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Where's a Storage Wars gif with well known devs photoshopped on when you need it?

Whoever makes it better have EA be Dave.
Saty
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:34 PM)
Saty's Avatar
"Going one; going twice; SOLD to the guy with the Polo shirt".

So is the live-blogging going to be from the start of the hearing?
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(01-23-2013, 07:34 PM)
shagg_187's Avatar

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

Rest in Piece THQ.

Hopefully all your IPs and teams will find new homes and continue to entertain us.

I know that "Piece" is a typo, but good grief it works amazingly here!
DieH@rd
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:36 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by shagg_187

I know that "Piece" is a typo, but good grief it works amazingly here!

:D Damn.
Mavromatis
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:36 PM)
Mavromatis's Avatar
At least they gave away many of their IP's to gamers before selling the rest of them.


Thank you THQ.
Dueck
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:37 PM)
Dueck's Avatar

Originally Posted by shagg_187

I know that "Piece" is a typo, but good grief it works amazingly here!

I didn't even notice that, but it's totally amazing!
HermitArcader
Banned
(01-23-2013, 07:39 PM)
Putting the Humble THQ Bundle keys in now just in case.

Originally Posted by Totobeni

huh..so that why we didn't get a another one,Sony should really think about selling some of their unused IPs then (500K per one is good business)

There are four games in the Xi series, two on PS1 (Devil Dice being the first), the PS2 version was published by Capcom in the West under the title Bombastic and a PSP version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dice

No idea what the rights situation is or even if the developer Shift is still around. Pity as it was a fun puzzle series and would be ideal on PS3/Vita.

Anyway, I haven't followed the bidding closely but does THQ still had the rights to Stuntman? If so, it would be good to see Ubisoft successfully bid for them so that Reflections can return to the series at a later date.
Last edited by HermitArcader; 01-23-2013 at 07:41 PM.
JehutyRunner
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:39 PM)
JehutyRunner's Avatar
:(

Originally Posted by Jeremy Grenier

And that's a wrap. It's been great 3-year ride with THQ, good luck to everyone moving forward.

Link.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(01-23-2013, 07:40 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by JehutyRunner

:(



Link.

Jeremy Greiner ‏@JG_CHEFS

So, this is what it feels like to have your hard work, job & livelihood auctioned off. Best wishes to all affected, no matter the outcome.

:(
SteveWinwood
Sowing his wild patented oats
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
SteveWinwood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Jeremy Greiner ‏@JG_CHEFS

So, this is what it feels like to have your hard work, job & livelihood auctioned off. Best wishes to all affected, no matter the outcome.

:(

I was just about to post that.

:(
tragic
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
tragic's Avatar
It's a wrap =(.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar
Glass Rebel
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
Man, this is depressing.
GK86
Homeland Security Fail
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
GK86's Avatar
Sad what happened to them. RIP THQ.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
shagg_187's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saty

"Going one; going twice; SOLD to the guy with the Polo shirt".

Iwata starts clearing out the storage room full of uDraw tablets, pissed at how much money he's losing, until he finds a coffin. "Wait a minute... what is this?"

*cue commercial*

Back from commercial, we see Patrice inside the coffin. "I better check how much he is going for! I have a friend who is expert in this!"

Employee: "Welcome to EB Games. How may I help you?"
Iwata: "Yes. I found Patrice in a coffin. How much is he worth?"
Employee: "Ohh. He worked on Assassin's Creed series and was working on two AAA titles over at THQ."
Iwata: "Oh! So he must be worth a lot then!"
Employee: "Unfortunately... he's French. His lack of Japanese would be of no help to you. Plus, his two AAA titles are bought by Ubisoft. I believe you've been duped."
Iwata: "Ahh shit! Well, at least he'll be good in my collection!"
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by tragic

It's a wrap =(.

I take it Vigil didn't make it?
DieH@rd
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:42 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by tragic

It's a wrap =(.

:(

I really hope that Darksiders IP was bought with Vigil team.
FartOfWar
Why so low?
(01-23-2013, 07:43 PM)
FartOfWar's Avatar
Is there a summary of what's happened this morning in the past few pages?
Lasthope106
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:43 PM)
Lasthope106's Avatar

Originally Posted by FartOfWar

Is there a summary of what's happened this morning in the past few pages?

We know nothing.
Lime
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:43 PM)
Lime's Avatar
I'm bracing for imminent depression...
zomgbbqftw
Pay attention.
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
zomgbbqftw's Avatar

Originally Posted by tragic

It's a wrap =(.

I'm sorry to hear it. I'll pour one out for Vigil tonight.
Madridista
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
Madridista's Avatar
Who is Jeremy Greiner? Employee at THQ?

And what did Vigil make? Darksiders?
ZombieFred
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
ZombieFred's Avatar
Good night sweet prince
inky
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
inky's Avatar

Originally Posted by tragic

It's a wrap =(.

Shit =/
SteveWinwood
Sowing his wild patented oats
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
SteveWinwood's Avatar
I'm getting that sinking feeling now...

:(
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509643

I put up a THQ remembrance thread for those who would like to participate.
AlphaTwo00
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:44 PM)
AlphaTwo00's Avatar

Originally Posted by shagg_187

Iwata starts clearing out the storage room full of uDraw tablets, pissed at how much money he's losing, until he finds a coffin. "Wait a minute... what is this?"

*cue commercial*

Back from commercial, we see Patrice inside the coffin. "I better check how much he is going for! I have a friend who is expert in this!"

Employee: "Welcome to EB Games. How may I help you?"
Iwata: "Yes. I found Patrice in a coffin. How much is he worth?"
Employee: "Ohh. He worked on Assassin's Creed series and was working on two AAA titles over at THQ."
Iwata: "Oh! So he must be worth a lot then!"
Employee: "Unfortunately... he's French. His lack of Japanese would be of no help to you. Plus, his two AAA titles are bought by Ubisoft. I believe you've been duped."
Iwata: "Ahh shit! Well, at least he'll be good in my collection!"

Too much content for a GIF, but I'll take it.
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(01-23-2013, 07:45 PM)
Shard's Avatar
Fear increasing.
PaulLFC
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:45 PM)
PaulLFC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

I take it Vigil didn't make it?

Surely not? I thought minimum bids were 500k, someone would pay at least that for Vigil, surely?!
Quentyn
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:45 PM)
Quentyn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

I take it Vigil didn't make it?

Seems so :(

Ben Cureton ‏@verytragic
Anyone looking for a designer? =)


https://twitter.com/verytragic
Glass Rebel
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by tragic

It's a wrap =(.

name-quote :( sorry to hear it man.
amorbis
Junior Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
amorbis's Avatar
Sega bought Relic if this tweet is to believed.
DieH@rd
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by PaulLFC

Surely not? I thought minimum bids were 500k, someone would pay at least that for Vigil, surely?!

Maybe judge had to approve the buyer. Somebody offered that much but it was not approved. Who knows.
snoopeasystreet
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
snoopeasystreet's Avatar
Poor Vigil :(
Curufinwe
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
Curufinwe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shard

Yea, he is there and is freezing according to his Twitter.

21 F here in Wilmington right now.
PrematureQuiche
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
PrematureQuiche's Avatar
From his pictures it looks like he was working all around THQ. He was working on Darksiders 2 and on the image said he was moving on to help Turtle Rock and Crytek on a FPS.
Seda
the worst pokemon
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
Seda's Avatar
old?


Thread Tools