• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(03-17-2013, 09:29 PM)
I thought Bit Trip Runner was impossible until I realized I was playing it on PERFECT difficulty. Feel like an idiot. But I still dont want to downgrade my difficulty

Runner 2, on the other hand...piece of cake
arts&crafts
(03-17-2013, 09:31 PM)
Was just watching Deadmau5's set from last night and I saw this

Aperture Laboratories
Dice
(03-17-2013, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Syphon Filter

whats wrong with capcom?

1) Drove away all of their iconic game designers.
2) Started letting franchises go to shit or fade into memory.
3) Continually "work with" community by asking them what they want, starting to give it, then scrapping it or fucking it over completely, then not communicating about it.
4) Starting new franchises that are mediocre because their visionaries are gone.
5) Shitty DLC/DRM practices.

I'm sure there is more but it's too sad for me to think on because they used to be my favorite developer. They are basically doing the opposite of Sega's "realizing their historical identity and good relations" (aside from the Shining Ark incident) practices. Street Fighter IV is the only thing they have properly handled, but that's still a far cry from the industry-inspiring new franchises they would launch about every 5 years.

Maybe with Konami and Namco coming around now they'll start to realize what is cool in terms of business practices, but I don't see them realizing what they lost in terms of identity and innovation and regaining it any time soon. There has been a pretty constant stream of bad moves made for a long time now.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(03-17-2013, 09:32 PM)

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

not to mention MT Framework is one of my favorite engines out there

What does it take to make an engine your favorite?
Wok
(03-17-2013, 09:34 PM)

Originally Posted by RionaaM

C'mon, Runner doesn't deserve to be on that list. Get right to it, I promise you you'll be able to complete 3-9 in less than 974 tries.

Of course, that's not counting the first 448 tries.

I have put the game on this list after trying 3-9 again and again. So difficult.
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(03-17-2013, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

It works on all three platforms and was developed by a Japanese company (or at least paid for by one).

That's more than most Japanese companies accomplished this entire generation, performance-wise.
Dr Dogg
(03-17-2013, 09:37 PM)

I was going to say take me out to a nice movie and be wined and dined but drizzle's answer works.
Hanzou
(03-17-2013, 09:38 PM)
Anybody who preordered Arma 3 have an extra "Lite" copy I could have? Would like to try this game but really not sure I would like the super realism of it.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 09:38 PM)

basically that it runs flawlessly on PC, and it looks really good

every Capcom port is absolutely great once they started using that
heringer
(03-17-2013, 09:41 PM)
Is the original Far Cry still worth playing?
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by heringer

Is the original Far Cry still worth playing?

first half: sure
The Grim Heaper
(03-17-2013, 09:44 PM)

first half: sure

Sounds like Far Cry 3!
Sini
(03-17-2013, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Hanzou

Anybody who preordered Arma 3 have an extra "Lite" copy I could have? Would like to try this game but really not sure I would like the super realism of it.

I can give you one. Add me on Steam.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 09:46 PM)

Originally Posted by The Grim Heaper

Sounds like Far Cry 3!

indeed
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(03-17-2013, 09:48 PM)

basically that it runs flawlessly on PC, and it looks really good

So you have a lot of favorites I assume then?
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 09:50 PM)

So you have a lot of favorites I assume then?

not really

what are some other examples of engines designed for console games that run without any issues consistently throughout all it's games even on mid-end PCs?

Avalanche and.. uh

even UE3 can run pretty bad and has the awful texture pop up

RE5 ran without a single hitch on my old gtx 560 out of the gate, max settings, without having to mess with anything or force any sort of graphical option through drivers and it looked fucking great. That's getting rare these days.
Buttonbasher
(03-17-2013, 09:53 PM)
Is RE6 the first Capcom game where they've let another studio handle MT Framework? It was ported by QLOC.

I thought I remembered Blue Castle Games saying that Dead Rising 2 couldn't use MT Framework, because Capcom was super protective of it, but I guess that must have changed when they stopped doing as many ports in house.
Glass Rebel
(03-17-2013, 09:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Buttonbasher

Is RE6 the first Capcom game where they've let another studio handle MT Framework? It was ported by QLOC.

I thought I remembered Blue Castle Games saying that Dead Rising 2 couldn't use MT Framework, because Capcom was super protective of it, but I guess that must have changed when they stopped doing as many ports in house.

I think it was mostly due to the Japanese-only documentation, although I have no idea how QLOC got around that.

Marvel 3 was co-developed with Eighting and Street Fighter IV 3D, which runs on MT Framework Mobile, with Dimps.
Dr Dogg
(03-17-2013, 09:59 PM)

Huh, I thought it was more to do with all the documentation was in Japanese and that it would be infeasible for Capcom to give Blue Castle tech support. Can't remember where I read that but think it was an interview with Sven maybe.
Buttonbasher
(03-17-2013, 09:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I think it was mostly due to the Japanese-only documentation, although I have no idea how QLOC got around that.

Marvel 3 was co-developed with Eighting and Street Fighter IV 3D, which runs on MT Framework Mobile, with Dimps.

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Huh, I thought it was more to do with all the documentation was in Japanese and that it would be infeasible for Capcom to give Blue Castle tech support. Can't remember where I read that but think it was an interview with Sven maybe.

Ah. Interesting. That makes sense.
DyslexicAlucard
(03-17-2013, 10:11 PM)
So I kinda want to pick up Assassin's Creed III, but I've yet to finish Brohood or Revelations. Should I just skip to ACIII or bother finishing those two first and pick it up later?
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(03-17-2013, 10:13 PM)
You should skip AssCreed 3 and just play through Brohood and Revelations.
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(03-17-2013, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by DyslexicAlucard

So I kinda want to pick up Assassin's Creed III, but I've yet to finish Brohood or Revelations. Should I just skip to ACIII or bother finishing those two first and pick it up later?

Why? Play through the other two since it sounds like you own them.

Pick up ACIII when its cheap. Its not like that is a good price, And its UPLAY.
esai
(03-17-2013, 10:16 PM)
is there a GMG code that works with Primal Carnage
Derrick01
Banned
(03-17-2013, 10:16 PM)

AC3's one of the worst big budget games ever made, and this is coming from someone who has liked the series despite all of its very many flaws up until that game. Brotherhood and Revelations are solid games, although they're not as good as 2 was.
jaundicejuice
(03-17-2013, 10:18 PM)
It's not just the documentation that's in Japanese, MT Frameworks entire user interface is in Japanese. MT Frameworks is a proprietary tool developed by their Japanese studios for their Japanese studios with no forethought for making it a tool they can license out or lend to their sub-contracted developers abroad for work on games Capcom is publishing.

That's partially why DmC was made with Unreal.
DyslexicAlucard

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Why? Play through the other two since it sounds like you own them.

Pick up ACIII when its cheap. Its not like that is a good price, And its UPLAY.

The price isn't really that bad. That's about as cheap as it's ever been on consoles, and it's the best version.

I've kinda gotten over the whole Uplay thing, to be honest. I know it's not a good business practice and I'd prefer it didn't have it, but it would almost never affect me. Never did with Anno 2070 or HOMM VI.

Also, I heard that ACIII was pretty great, and I'm sorta getting tired of the ever-increasing list of Italian names that I can't keep track of.

I still may hold off. I dunno.
JaseC

Originally Posted by esai

is there a GMG code that works with Primal Carnage

Nope, but even if there were it'd only be to the order of 20%, meaning you'd be shaving just a buck off the current price of Primal Carnage.
Dr Dogg
(03-17-2013, 10:19 PM)

Enjoy Brohood, tolerate Revelations and pick up III in a -75% off sale later on.
esai
(03-17-2013, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

Nope, but even if there were it'd only be to the order of 20%, meaning you'd be shaving just a buck off the current price of Primal Carnage.

ok thanks.
Delusibeta
(03-17-2013, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by arts&crafts

Was just watching Deadmau5's set from last night and I saw this

Aperture Laboratories

You missed the fact that both Portal and Zelda was outright sampled earlier on in the set.
Last edited by Delusibeta; 03-17-2013 at 10:30 PM.
JaseC
(03-17-2013, 10:25 PM)

I've kinda gotten over the whole Uplay thing, to be honest. I know it's not a good business practice and I'd prefer it didn't have it, but it would almost never affect me. Never did with Anno 2070 or HOMM VI.

Also, I heard that ACIII was pretty great, and I'm sorta getting tired of the ever-increasing list of Italian names that I can't keep track of.

You heard wrong. The ending is particularly awful: Minerva and Juno are at odds with what Desmond must do to save the world. Desmond sides with Juno. Desmond touches an ancient globe. Desmond falls over. ~fin. Half a decade of narrative build-up for... that.
Last edited by JaseC; 03-17-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Nabs
(03-17-2013, 10:26 PM)
-tetsuo-
Unlimited Capacity
(03-17-2013, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by The Grim Heaper

Sounds like Far Cry 3!

Does this one have trigens as well?
M.D
(03-17-2013, 10:27 PM)
Will I be able to run Far Cry 3 decently on this PC?

E8400
HD4870
4GB
Dr Dogg
(03-17-2013, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Nabs

Well that's a pretty sure fire bet then. Sweet never finished it. dlc was meant to be rubbish though right? Well that or rushed.

Edit: This is odd what with this and the little lady watching TNG all weekend I've suddenly got the hankering for some Star Trek.
Last edited by Dr Dogg; 03-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Buttonbasher
(03-17-2013, 10:32 PM)

Exciting.
Darklord
(03-17-2013, 10:33 PM)

Exciting.

Not really. It's like a God of War game but not as good as goes on way too long.
KNT-Zero
(03-17-2013, 10:33 PM)
Guys, I'm really tempted to get QUBE and To The Moon.
The first one cuz I met one of the developers and he sold me the game (lol) and the other since it has a good background (story and gameplay), apparently. But it seems that TTM is not a Steam key on GMG, is it? Link!

Thoughts? :/
dani_dc
(03-17-2013, 10:34 PM)

I skipped it on consoles since I heard the framerate was awful.
Here's hoping the wait was worthy it.
Buttonbasher
(03-17-2013, 10:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Darklord

Not really. It's like a God of War game but not as good as goes on way too long.

Yeah, but I've been curious enough that a Steam sale impulse buy sounds about right, especially considering it'll have a better framerate.
GAMERG0D
(03-17-2013, 10:35 PM)

It begins.
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(03-17-2013, 10:37 PM)
This is all too sudden

I don't think it'll be a pre-order bonus for Lords of Shadow 2.. :(

I really wish it were.
Glass Rebel
(03-17-2013, 10:37 PM)

I love you Nabs.

Originally Posted by Darklord

Not really. It's like a God of War game but better.
SteveWinwood
Sowing his wild patented oats
(03-17-2013, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by drizzle

This is all too sudden

I really wish it were.

Why kill the sales like that?
Dr Dogg
(03-17-2013, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by KNT-Zero

Guys, I'm really tempted to get QUBE and To The Moon.
The first one cuz I met one of the developers and he sold me the game (lol) and the other since it has a good background (story and gameplay), apparently. But it seems that TTM is not a Steam key on GMG, is it? Link!

Thoughts? :/

No it's a horrid Capsule game. Slowest downloads ever. Says this only the last line of sys reqs.

Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.

Glass Rebel
(03-17-2013, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by drizzle

This is all too sudden

I really wish it were.

It still might be, depending on how soon they want to release LoS1 and when pre-orders for LoS2 will be up.
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling

Its happening. Good job Konami.

Now bring the HD versions of MGS and ZoE.

The price isn't really that bad. That's about as cheap as it's ever been on consoles, and it's the best version.

I thought ACIII was considered universally bad. Even by people who enjoy that type of stuff.
drizzle
Axel Hertz

Originally Posted by SteveWinwood

Why kill the sales like that?

Because I already have and finished it on the 360, so I'm not planning on wasting 20 bucks on a game I already finished and don't plan on re-playing it anytime soon.

However, I really do want to buy and play Lords of Shadow 2 on PC, so I'm buying that as soon as it's out (mostly to show Konami that I want games on PC), so that would be a nice bonus for me.

Sure, that's not good business for Konami... but I really don't care.. :D
water1111
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Well that's a pretty sure fire bet then. Sweet never finished it. dlc was meant to be rubbish though right? Well that or rushed.

Edit: This is odd what with this and the little lady watching TNG all weekend I've suddenly got the hankering for some Star Trek.

Play some Star trek online then, its quite good and F2P.