• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Isaccard
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:00 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar

Originally Posted by HoosTrax

^And this is how I know for sure I would hate the game.

:lol

I kinda wish we were getting Harmony of Despair. Most fun I've had with Castlevania.

Admittedly I've not played SotN, or any of the GBA/DS outings though
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(03-17-2013, 10:00 PM)
Fantastical's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Yay. Now maybe Konami will bring Silent Hill 2/3 to Steam. :(
CheesecakeRecipe
Stormy Grey
(03-17-2013, 10:00 PM)
CheesecakeRecipe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastical

Yay. Now maybe Konami will bring Silent Hill 2/3 to Steam. :(

Always hold faith.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 10:01 PM)
Salsa's Avatar
next week: red dead
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(03-17-2013, 10:01 PM)
Grief.exe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

:lol

I kinda wish we were getting Harmony of Despair. Most fun I've had with Castlevania.

Admittedly I've not played SotN, or any of the GBA/DS outings though

Holy shit.

SOTN, Aria of Sorrow, and Order of Eeclesia are amazing.
HoosTrax
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:02 PM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

:lol

I kinda wish we were getting Harmony of Despair. Most fun I've had with Castlevania.

Admittedly I've not played SotN, or any of the GBA/DS outings though

HoD (er, Harmony of Despair, not Dissonance...freaking Konami and their nonsensical names) is actually the one I want to see on Steam above all else. I don't have a PS360, so this is the only 2D CV I haven't played yet.

I'm a stickler for canon, and I'm not too happy with how they've completely fucked up the original storyline with the Lords of Shadow trilogy.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(03-17-2013, 10:04 PM)
Fantastical's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

next week: red dead

Be still my beating heart. I could finally sell my 360. I only have it to play that game which I can't even seem to get excited to play. :P
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 10:04 PM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by HoosTrax

I'm a stickler for canon, and I'm not too happy with how they're completely fucked up the original storyline with the Lords of Shadow trilogy.

they didn't fuck it up, they just rebooted it, it's another thing

Castlevania's "canon" was a fucking joke, let's be real. I enjoyed the little bits of story in the 2D portable games but it was reaching critical mass.
Dr Dogg
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:05 PM)
Dr Dogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by drizzle

Those are three games, they all follow the same storyline in a non-linear structure.

Hahaha yeah I can see your point. Would be nice if they dropped the 2 and went with a subtitle. I've already had a clusterfuck with Ubisoft and their titling systems just this weekend so rather that another dev doesn't get some silly ideas.

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

Trilogy spread over two different sets of hardware too! I hate this shit but luckily I own a 3DS now.

Still I bet you enjoying the wonders of the 3DS right? *looking at mine sat dusty on its Kid Icarus stand*
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(03-17-2013, 10:08 PM)
drizzle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Hahaha yeah I can see your point. Would be nice if they dropped the 2 and went with a subtitle. I've already had a clusterfuck with Ubisoft and their titling systems just this weekend so rather that another dev doesn't get some silly ideas.

Oh, Now I see your problem: The trilogy doesn't have three games named in succession. The way you see it, Mirror of Fate is a side story, specially since it isn't the direct continuation of Lords of Shadow 1 (Lords of Shadow 2 is).

Like Halo 3 ODST is not part of the Halo Trilogy (1, 2 and 3).

I'd say that's a valid concern. :D
Nabs
(03-17-2013, 10:12 PM)
Nabs's Avatar
Worms Armageddon is still being updated. I wish they'd finally sell the thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217200...9056986798446/
Glass Rebel
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:24 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Still I bet you enjoying the wonders of the 3DS right? *looking at mine sat dusty on its Kid Icarus stand*

I actually am! It's a nice handheld.
DyslexicAlucard
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:26 PM)
DyslexicAlucard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Its not available through DD anymore so that price is impossible.

Online retailers and DD are not the only options. Garage sales, local craigslist etc. Hell, even eBay has deals once in a blue moon. You can get deals on pretty much any game that way. Not everyone on the planet knows obscure details of every game they own, like if the publisher no longer has the rights to a license.

So if he can find it somewhere for cheap, it may be worth a look. That's what I'm saying.
Last edited by DyslexicAlucard; 03-17-2013 at 10:52 PM.
AlphaProspector
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:27 PM)
AlphaProspector's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

next week: red dead

GAF meltdown. But I would like the combination of SEGA putting up Panzer Dragoon, Platinum with the mandatory Vanquish/Bayonetta I keep bawwwwing about and, yes, Red Dead Redemption... while at the same time a Halo series pre-order page goes up on Steam.

Brace yourselves!!!!

edit: oh, and MGS, Silent Hill, Z.O.E., Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue...
def sim
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:28 PM)
def sim's Avatar
anti-aliasing is hit or miss with spec ops screw it im just going to play the damn thing
Chronoja
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:31 PM)
Chronoja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Worms Armageddon is still being updated. I wish they'd finally sell the thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217200...9056986798446/

That explains the registry update from the other day. I thought they were getting ready to sell it again too.

Such a shame :( an influx of new players would really do the game good, I'd love to play it multiplayer but the only people left playing it any more are crate shoppers and rope racers and what not. It's like jumping into counter strike 1.6 and finding people only play gungame and have done so for the last 6 years.
Dr Dogg
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:31 PM)
Dr Dogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I actually am! It's a nice handheld.

Well after finishing Thearythym and OoT 3D I haven't picked mine up. Want to finish KI but being a freakish lefty it's torture to play without a Circle Pad Pro. Still Devil Survivor OC and Fire Emblem are out here in Euroland next month so will definitely get some use.

I'd kill for a Steam handheld. And no not a laptop but seeing as Linux is getting stuff slowly brought over it could be feasible for some Chinese or Taiwanese company to put something together. Must have physical buttons though or no dice.
Last edited by Dr Dogg; 03-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 10:32 PM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Friedreich

anti-aliasing is hit or miss with spec ops screw it im just going to play the damn thing

Inspector is your friend

pretty sure I downsampled as well
Rickenslacker
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:35 PM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Worms Armageddon is still being updated. I wish they'd finally sell the thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217200...9056986798446/

Worms Revolution wasn't the only game they bundled it with as a preorder bonus right? They might just bring it back for whatever other Worms shovelware they dump out.
morningbus
Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
(03-17-2013, 10:46 PM)
morningbus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Damn. Nabs is like a Metroidvania blood hound.
Hellix
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:46 PM)
Hellix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

Worms Revolution wasn't the only game they bundled it with as a preorder bonus right? They might just bring it back for whatever other Worms shovelware they dump out.

I bought Worms Revolution just to get it. I don't think I played more than 10 minutes on Revolution...
Last edited by Hellix; 03-17-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Isaccard
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:48 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar
Anyone want a Puzzle Bots key?

Edit: Opinions on Gemini Rue and Resonance?
Last edited by Isaccard; 03-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.
dani_dc
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:50 PM)
dani_dc's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlphaProspector

GAF meltdown. But I would like the combination of SEGA putting up Panzer Dragoon, Platinum with the mandatory Vanquish/Bayonetta I keep bawwwwing about and, yes, Red Dead Redemption... while at the same time a Halo series pre-order page goes up on Steam.

Brace yourselves!!!!

edit: oh, and MGS, Silent Hill, Z.O.E., Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue...

Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia should be getting HD ports ala Jet Set Radio if rumors are to be believed. So if there's any truth to that we should get them on Steam as well.

I'd welcome Panzer Dragoon, Vanquish and Bayonetta with open arms.
And while we're on the subject of Sega, and this one will be a bit more obscure, but I hope they release Dragon Force at some point, ideally in the same format as NiGHTS (PS2/Saturn graphics).
Bluth54
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:54 PM)
Bluth54's Avatar
I wasn't a big fan of Lord of Shadows when I played it on 360, but I hope it sells well and Konami decides to bring SotN plus the GBA and DS Castlevania games to Steam.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(03-17-2013, 10:56 PM)
Fantastical's Avatar
I have a problem with sound on my computer. This happens in a lot of games. If I don't have headphones connected when I start the game, the game will only play through my speakers even if I try and plug in headphones. The opposite is true too - taking out headphones once the game has started results in no sound through the speakers.

Any suggestions for this?
Syphon Filter
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:56 PM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar
nabs where did you see that pic?
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(03-17-2013, 10:57 PM)
Grief.exe's Avatar

Originally Posted by morningbus

Damn. Nabs is like a Metroidvania blood hound.

Isn't LoS a linear action game?

Originally Posted by Fantastical

I have a problem with sound on my computer. This happens in a lot of games. If I don't have headphones connected when I start the game, the game will only play through my speakers even if I try and plug in headphones. The opposite is true too - taking out headphones once the game has started results in no sound through the speakers.

Any suggestions for this?

The game will default to whatever windows gas set to its default sound device when you launch the game.
Isaccard
Member
(03-17-2013, 10:57 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastical

I have a problem with sound on my computer. This happens in a lot of games. If I don't have headphones connected when I start the game, the game will only play through my speakers even if I try and plug in headphones. The opposite is true too - taking out headphones once the game has started results in no sound through the speakers.

Any suggestions for this?

Tech Support GAF might be able to assist you better.
morningbus
Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
(03-17-2013, 10:59 PM)
morningbus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Isn't LoS a linear action game?

That's just how tuned his senses are. I'm pretty sure Nabs is all on top of the latest developments of Scottish videogame shows, too.
Last edited by morningbus; 03-17-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(03-17-2013, 11:00 PM)
Fantastical's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

Tech Support GAF might be able to assist you better.

Thank you. I thought this probably wasn't the best place to ask, but I didn't know where else to post it.
Dr Dogg
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:02 PM)
Dr Dogg's Avatar
Cheers morningbus now I'm eagerly awaiting series 4 of Consolvania despite it being a throwaway gag.
DarkSoul520
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:03 PM)
DarkSoul520's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Isn't LoS a linear action game?

It is. I played it on the PS3 and only got about half-way or so through it before I got sidetracked by something else.

Game looks and plays pretty well, but the framerate is terrible. If the Steam version is reasonably priced, I'd have no problem double-dipping for the better performance (assuming the port is actually good).
Derrick01
Banned
(03-17-2013, 11:05 PM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Isn't LoS a linear action game?

For the most part. You have to go back to previous chapters to get all of the secrets once you get different tools later in the game, but it's not a metroidvania game.
morningbus
Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
(03-17-2013, 11:05 PM)
morningbus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Cheers morningbus now I'm eagerly awaiting series 4 of Consolvania despite it being a throwaway gag.

Glass Rebel
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:17 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
I'm really in the mood for a Metroidvania now.
sprinkles
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:18 PM)
sprinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

Anyone want a Puzzle Bots key?

Edit: Opinions on Gemini Rue and Resonance?

Playing Gemini Rue right now, it is a mixed bag. I like the setting and most of the story. Even if it kind of just throws you in without explaining much it works out fine. I dislike the recycling of the same assets. The voice work is great though and the adventure part is robust for the most part, but the controls (shooting, inventory) are frustrating.
Dr Dogg
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:22 PM)
Dr Dogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I'm really in the mood for a Metroidvania now.

You got Aquaria right? Capsized is sort of Metroidvania. Well more 2D platforming sidescroller but is mighty fun and has a demo.
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(03-17-2013, 11:24 PM)
Grief.exe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I'm really in the mood for a Metroidvania now.

Dust is coming to PC soon, game looks great and is based on a metroidvania title.

If you haven't played Aria of Sorrow, pick up a GBA and play it.
morningbus
Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
(03-17-2013, 11:26 PM)
morningbus's Avatar
Sonic CD and Dark Souls are also great metroidvanias.
Syphon Filter
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:31 PM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Dust is coming to PC soon, game looks great and is based on a metroidvania title.

If you haven't played Aria of Sorrow, pick up a GBA and play it.

the game dust looks beautiful,would look glorious on pc.
Glass Rebel
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:32 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

You got Aquaria right? Capsized is sort of Metroidvania. Well more 2D platforming sidescroller but is mighty fun and has a demo.

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Dust is coming to PC soon, game looks great and is based on a metroidvania title.

If you haven't played Aria of Sorrow, pick up a GBA and play it.

I should have clarified, I'm more in the mood for a proper new Metroid. I own Aquaria but stopped playing for some reason and I'm a bit worried about the controls of Capsized. I hope Nintendo finally brings GBA games to 3DS because I want to replay the Castlevanias.

I will definitely check out Dust when it comes though, despite my aversion to furries.

Originally Posted by morningbus

Sonic CD and Dark Souls are also great metroidvanias.

These as well! Thanks morningbus!
Dr Dogg
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:34 PM)
Dr Dogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I should have clarified, I'm more in the mood for a proper new Metroid. I own Aquaria but stopped playing for some reason and I'm a bit worried about the controls of Capsized. I hope Nintendo finally brings GBA games to 3DS because I want to replay the Castlevanias.

I will definitely check out Dust when it comes though, despite my aversion to furries

Well Mama Robotnik to the rescue.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523143
yamo
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:34 PM)
yamo's Avatar
Arkham Asylum is a great metroidvania style game as well.
Glass Rebel
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:44 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Well Mama Robotnik to the rescue.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523143

I saw that, still don't know how I'm going to play it. I own Super Metroid on Virtual Console but afaik the only way to get a ROM without the original cartridge is to download it and while it's technically legal in Switzerland, I don't want to do that.

Oh well, enough non-Steam OT :)

Originally Posted by yamo

Arkham Asylum is a great metroidvania style game as well.

Loved it except for the combat. Couldn't get into City :/
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 11:48 PM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

Loved it except for the combat.

Glass Rebel
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:51 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
I'm sorry, I meant the rhythm sequences. Elite Beat Agents just did it better imo.
toddhunter
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:54 PM)
toddhunter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I'm sorry, I meant the rhythm sequences. Elite Beat Agents just did it better imo.

Not a fair comparison. EBA didn't make you run through the same corridor for five minutes between sequences. Of course you are going to enjoy it more.
Dr Dogg
Member
(03-17-2013, 11:56 PM)
Dr Dogg's Avatar

Originally Posted by toddhunter

Not a fair comparison. EBA didn't make you run through the same corridor for five minutes between sequences. Of course you are going to enjoy it more.

I walk coz I'm stupid and forget that this game is stuck in the 80's with a run button when it has an analogue stick available for most systems it's on.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-17-2013, 11:58 PM)
Salsa's Avatar
oh so we are shitting on fucking Arkham Asylum now

never change gaf
Glass Rebel
Member
(03-18-2013, 12:00 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

oh so we are shitting on fucking Arkham Asylum now

never change gaf

Only the turdy combat. You can relax.

Thread Tools