• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: Best starter?
Chespin
317 14.29%
Fennekin
472 21.28%
Froakie
471 21.24%
EatChildren
958 43.19%
Voters: 2218. You may not vote on this poll


injurai
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:36 AM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Seriously? I thought the lines were inspired by Sphinx.

Black, Gold and Blue are common colors for Mummy Coffin and Statues.

I never made that connection...
UltimateIke
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:36 AM)
UltimateIke's Avatar

Originally Posted by NightBlade88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bJl...ature=youtu.be

Black man's reaction to the annoucement.

I found this highly amusing.

"He just ran in the forest like an escaped slave."
Aggrotek
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:36 AM)
Aggrotek's Avatar

Originally Posted by NightBlade88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bJl...ature=youtu.be

Black man's reaction to the annoucement.

I found this highly amusing.

Ice attack bitch!
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(01-10-2013, 02:37 AM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
At least no one commented here on how Luxray should be Dark/Electric.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(01-10-2013, 02:38 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by UltimateIke

"He just ran in the forest like an escaped slave."

Is that the same guy that said Pokemon were the real gangstas?
MasterSheen
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:38 AM)
MasterSheen's Avatar
Ugh, so much wrong ITT.
CorvoSol
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:38 AM)
CorvoSol's Avatar

Originally Posted by Berordn

It's always been somewhat implied that the starters available per region are from faraway lands and/or endangered, so there's that. They're still common enough in the games that trainers will have them every so often.

Isn't there an episode that shows Charizards coming from Johto?
ohlawd
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:39 AM)
ohlawd's Avatar

Originally Posted by NightBlade88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bJl...ature=youtu.be

Black man's reaction to the annoucement.

I found this highly amusing.

lol I acted just like him when I watched the announcement.
Dark_AnNiaLatOr
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:39 AM)
Dark_AnNiaLatOr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Is that the same guy that said Pokemon were the real gangstas?

Man, I love poke-ee-mon.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(01-10-2013, 02:40 AM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

At least no one commented here on how Luxray should be Dark/Electric.

Sadly, when I am on first playthrough for Diamond. I added him because I thought he were dark and electric whole time until I checked his bio. I was dumbfounded that he wasn't. Also other evidence that I thought they were inspired by Sphinx is that first form's name was Shinx, which is almost same name as Sphinx.
Last edited by IntelliHeath; 01-10-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Mr. Fix
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:40 AM)
Mr. Fix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

Yeah you can search and fight others online in GTS. And you can pick rules (pick Flat Battle to give you level 50, no same held items, no legendaries).

The tiers and rules within the tier are generally for matches where both parties have agreed to participate - it's not something Nintendo made :P

:I
Berordn
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:40 AM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rubius

Hell make them ultra rare encounter in some part of the world only. It kinda ruin the "immersion" of the game.

There wouldn't be much need for socialization and trading if you could just have them all on your own.
Grakl
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:40 AM)
Grakl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

:I

Final destination.
UltimateIke
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:41 AM)
UltimateIke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Is that the same guy that said Pokemon were the real gangstas?

Haha, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRDeqfSx9U
Lord_Byron28
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:43 AM)
Lord_Byron28's Avatar
2nd form evos

Grass:
Grovyle> Ivysaur> servine> bayleef> grotle

Water:
Dewot> wartortle> swampert> prinlup> croconaw

Fire:
Quilava> charmeleon> monferno> pignite> combusken
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(01-10-2013, 02:43 AM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

:I

Well generally trios are allowed. The bird trio, beast trio, regi trio, psychic trio, kami trio, and musketeer trio are allowed.
Javier
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:43 AM)
Javier's Avatar
Xerneas and Yveltal have a Mayan or Aztec sound to it.

New continent based on Latin America, maybe?
Grakl
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:43 AM)
Grakl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lord_Byron28

2nd form evos

Grass:
Grovyle> Ivysaur> servine> bayleef> grotle

Water:
Dewot> wartortle> swampert> prinlup> croconaw

Fire:
Quilava> charmeleon> monferno> pignite> combusken

I agree with all of this, except Combusken should be 3rd best, then Pignite, then Monferno.
Nils
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:44 AM)
Nils's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

At least no one commented here on how Luxray should be Dark/Electric.

Well he should.
Rubius
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:45 AM)
Rubius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Is that the same guy that said Pokemon were the real gangstas?

"Can YOU Hydro Pump? NO! Pokemon? If it was me in there, I would rename this Poke a Hoe!"
Think so.
Also, do you guys think we will see new unique pokemon combinaison?
Like Water/Fire, Normal/Ghost, Grass/Fire, Ghost/Psychic
Last edited by Rubius; 01-10-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(01-10-2013, 02:45 AM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nils

Well he should.

But there are lions with black furs damnit!

Didn't uncle scar teach you that
BriseFlots
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:46 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar
THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT CHESPIN:

injurai
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:46 AM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

At least no one commented here on how Luxray should be Dark/Electric.

we need a pokemon of that type

Originally Posted by Javier

Xerneas and Yveltal have a Mayan or Aztec sound to it.

New continent based on Latin America, maybe?

Designs are european in origin, etomology too.

Plus Eiffel Tower in trailer and Gothic Cathedral. Its going to Europe.
Shiggie
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:47 AM)
Shiggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by injurai

I never made that connection...

Named after the City...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxor
ffdgh
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:47 AM)
ffdgh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

But there are lions with black furs damnit!

Didn't uncle scar teach you that

Screw scar he killed mufasa. Kovu is better anyway.
Vizantir
Banned
(01-10-2013, 02:47 AM)
Vizantir's Avatar

Originally Posted by UltimateIke

Haha, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRDeqfSx9U

"I would've been fucking her EVERY episode!"

OMG I can't breathe!
hiryu64
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:48 AM)
hiryu64's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT CHESPIN:

ROFL
injurai
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:48 AM)
injurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shiggie

Named after the City...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxor

whoa awesome, thanks.

I used to really be into Ancient Egyption History and Mythology.
Meikiyou
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:48 AM)
Meikiyou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Javier

Xerneas and Yveltal have a Mayan or Aztec sound to it.

New continent based on Latin America, maybe?

We already discussed how they are related to norse myths.
Nils
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:49 AM)
Nils's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

But there are lions with black furs damnit!

Didn't uncle scar teach you that

I don't think we should be taking any lessons from him.
papercamm
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:49 AM)
papercamm's Avatar
BriseFlots
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:49 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shiggie

Named after the City...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxor

I thought it was based on lux = latin for light?
Mr. Fix
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:49 AM)
Mr. Fix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grakl

Final destination.

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

Well generally trios are allowed. The bird trio, beast trio, regi trio, psychic trio, kami trio, and musketeer trio are allowed.

It's all about the mascots for me. I just wish they'd throw me a bone with Darkrai at least in the battle tower-like events. At least we could use them against friends. I gotta settle for the other one-off non-legendaries otherwise.
Nils
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:50 AM)
Nils's Avatar
Is the deer based on the ones that basically pee drugs?
BriseFlots
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:51 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nils

Is the deer based on the ones that basically pee drugs?

My guess is that it is based on Cernunnos, a celtic god, assuming we're sticking with the whole Europe thing.
Berordn
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:52 AM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

It's all about the mascots for me. I just wish they'd throw me a bone with Darkrai at least in the battle tower-like events. At least we could use them against friends. I gotta settle for the other one-off non-legendaries otherwise.

You can use Cresselia, Latios and Latias.

I forget if Soul Dew is banned or even obtainable though.
Shiggie
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:55 AM)
Shiggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

I thought it was based on lux = latin for light?

They probably combined both. its basically an Electric Lion.
Nils
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:55 AM)
Nils's Avatar
Soul Dew is such a bullshit item.
Espada
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:55 AM)
Espada's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

I thought it was based on lux = latin for light?

It is. It's a combination of Lux + X-Ray (since it has X-ray vision).
Meikiyou
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:56 AM)
Meikiyou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nils

Is the deer based on the ones that basically pee drugs?

My guess is Xerneas is eikţyrnir and Yveltal is Hraesvelgr.
Dark Orchid
Junior Member
(01-10-2013, 02:57 AM)
Dark Orchid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Berordn

I forget if Soul Dew is banned or even obtainable though.

The Soul Dew shows up once you capture Lati@s in B2/W2. I'm pretty sure it's still banned in tournaments and the subway.

That's good, though. The last thing those two need are a power boost.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(01-10-2013, 02:58 AM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by injurai

whoa awesome, thanks.

I used to really be into Ancient Egyption History and Mythology.

Well, I have two things that might connect those lines to Sphinx and Egyptian.
Berordn
Member
(01-10-2013, 02:59 AM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nils

Soul Dew is such a bullshit item.

I certainly didn't miss it.

Originally Posted by Dark Orchid

The Soul Dew shows up once you capture Lati@s in B2/W2. I'm pretty sure it's still banned in tournaments and the subway.

That's good, though. The last thing those two need are a power boost.

Ugh, that's right. Still haven't gone through Dreamyard in W2.
Javier
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:00 AM)
Javier's Avatar

Originally Posted by injurai

we need a pokemon of that type

Designs are european in origin, etomology too.

Plus Eiffel Tower in trailer and Gothic Cathedral. Its going to Europe.

You're right. Forget I said anything.
BriseFlots
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:04 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meikiyou

My guess is Xerneas is eikţyrnir and Yveltal is Hraesvelgr.

Thanks. I didn't know them. Those are some interesting gods.
MasterSheen
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:04 AM)
MasterSheen's Avatar
New legendary dex numbers are #998 and #999?
http://m.ign.com/pokedex
Edit: Guess not.
Last edited by MasterSheen; 01-10-2013 at 03:14 AM.
StreetsAhead
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:05 AM)
StreetsAhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by MasterSheen

New legendary dex numbers are #998 and #999?
http://m.ign.com/pokedex

PLaceholders?
ScraftyDevil
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:05 AM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar

Originally Posted by MasterSheen

New legendary dex numbers are #998 and #999?
http://m.ign.com/pokedex

Unless the new Dex has over 300 Pokémon, that's entirely false.

You can't spell ignorance without IGN!
Emitan
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:05 AM)
Emitan's Avatar

Originally Posted by qq more

Psssh, what's so special about Fennekin?

It's kawaii
Javier
Member
(01-10-2013, 03:06 AM)
Javier's Avatar

Originally Posted by MasterSheen

New legendary dex numbers are #998 and #999?
http://m.ign.com/pokedex

Gotta Catch 'Em All, Indeed!

Doesn't seem legit.

Thread Tools