• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

DieH@rd

Banned
Seems like she gets rescued at the end. The girl has the same bullet mark on her cheek.

She is remembering her criminal past, and then she gets woken up in the cop car preparing to go on another mission.

I think that in this game we will strive to be a member of this police team, origin story + life as a elite badass cop [cyberpunkish witcher warrior :D].

injurai

Banned
She is remembering her criminal past, and then she gets woken up in the cop car preparing to go on another mission.

I think that in this game we will strive to be a member of this police team, origin story + life as a elite badass cop [cyberpunkiss witcher warrior :D].

I hate you, for saying the most appealing theories regarding this game.

Axial

Awfull quality on YT as usual, I suggest people download the fullHD QT file that was uploaded to Vimeo by Platige, better bitrate, better fps, better overall quality.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This game is so far off that I feel like it is a waste of time and energy to be hyped for it, and yet I am. What the hell CDPR.

Mlatador

Banned
I would have prefered them to announce the game or release "anything" about it "when it's (actaully) ready" and not just tease something that's probably 1,5 years away... But that's how videogame marketing works.

injurai

Banned
I would have prefered them to announce the game or release "anything" about it "when it's (actaully) ready" and not just tease something that's probably 1,5 years away... But that's how videogame marketing works.

Yeah I'm convinced Valve ins't even in the video game market. They just make interactive steam ads.

I think that in this game we will strive to be a member of this police team, origin story + life as a elite badass cop [cyberpunkiss witcher warrior :D].
God I hope not. I don't wanna play a cyberpunk game being a cop. I wanna be a criminal hacker.

Luthos

Why do people even get mad that it's not gameplay?

All first initial/announcement trailers do not much more than this.

Gattsu25

Banned
God I hope not. I don't wanna play a cyberpunk game being a cop. I wanna be a criminal hacker.
Cop or not, it really doesn't sound like there are "good guys" in the Cyberpunk universe.

I've never played the games but it sounds like it is a "shades of grey" setting with the morality leaning toward the darker side of the spectrum.

Trailers like this do absolutely nothing for me. I wish they would have just said "it's a useless CGI teaser that shows some slow motion and bullet time effects that you've seen a billion times set to bad music, so please don't get excited" beforehand.

Facism

After The Witcher and The Witcher 2, i'm pretty hype for anything these guys do. Love the look and feel in the CG trailer, hopefully it translates well into ingame.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Trailers like this do absolutely nothing for me. I wish they would have just said "it's a useless CGI teaser that shows some slow motion and bullet time effects that you've seen a billion times set to bad music, so please don't get excited" beforehand.

Well this trailer has generated almost 30 pages on GAF alone and it's hours old.

I'd say that's pretty great buzz or what is essentially a new IP that releases in 2015-16..

DieH@rd

Banned
Not the close up Level Of Detail, but zoomed out I'm sure we would be approaching to something similiar. With a bit more dithering, and screen tears present.

Dont worry, C2077 will look epic on nextgen. PS3 game assets:
yPZ1v.jpg

judge dredd X Ghost in the shell.

Exactly my thoughts.

I hope they have a new engine for this.
Curious what type of game it will be, another WRPG or an action rpg game like deus ex (please) , or just a shooter.

Don't think CDPR has ever done shooting mechanics before so a deus ex style game might have some weak gunplay in it.

injurai

Banned
Dont worry, C2077 will look epic on nextgen. PS3 game assets:
yPZ1v.jpg

Doubt that is running real time on a PS3, probably a dev kit. Also it's easy to render a single character in that detail, nothing else is being rendered to detail in that shot. FOV has completely blurred anything that would have to be rendered.

But I'll agree we'll get close. But even those this is detailed, I can tell its rendered completely differently than cgi.

woober

I think that in this game we will strive to be a member of this police team, origin story + life as a elite badass cop [cyberpunkish witcher warrior :D].

Seems more plausable.

Well this trailer has generated almost 30 pages on GAF alone and it's hours old.

I'd say that's pretty great buzz or what is essentially a new IP that releases in 2015-16..

It's getting good buzz because the concept is awesome and it's from a developer that has a lot of love because of The Witcher (and rightfully so) but I think it's a really useless trailer because it doesn't tell me hardly anything about the game or what I can expect from it or its gameplay. I said it doesn't do anything for me. I have no urge to watch it again because it's pretty empty as its only a limited number of drawn-out shots with fancy CGI and the title at the end. I'd rather just wait for something more substantial to get me hyped.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Doubt that is running real time on a PS3.

1080p native screengrab with AA pretty much guarantees that, and if it is somehow realtime it's running at like 10fps on whatever debug version they're using...

DieH@rd

Banned
1080p native screengrab with AA pretty much guarantees that, and if it is somehow realtime it's running at like 10fps on whatever debug version they're using...

Directfeed shots from realtime PS3 rendering [taken from 5.5GB trailer sent to Digital Foundry]:

hair2.png

hair1.png

720p... but absolutely superb IQ.

Why do people even get mad that it's not gameplay?

All first initial/announcement trailers do not much more than this.

And why does it have to be that way? I don't even watch the majority of "reveal trailers" because they will inevitably be cg and may or may not have anything to do with the game. Was an issue long before the Dead Island fiasco.

SmoothCB

Looks interesting but it's a long way off... Any info on Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2 to satisfy my cyberpunk needs in the mean time??

I dare say. It is kind of annoying seeing all those movie game screenshots in this thread. Why not post screens from some PC game or soemthing? Like crysis 3. That game looks a lot better...

EDIT: To make this clearer. I do not understand why those david cage game screen shots keep popping up here.

Top Bottom