• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Dahbomb

Actually people already knew about enemy step in DMC3 with the demo. So it wasn't like something completely new to the community. Most combo makers had made stuff for the DMC3 demo as well.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Actually people already knew about enemy step in DMC3 with the demo. So it wasn't like something completely new to the community. Most combo makers had made stuff for the DMC3 demo as well.

Yeah, that's true, but several of the mechanics changed from the demo, too. The combat system was more robust in DMC3 in general and people were acclimating themselves to it. I think that DMC4 in a similar timeframe is a more accurate comparison because a wider community had been established by then.

Dahbomb

Yea I remember seeing that DMC4 video, it's pretty much one of the first ones. Man even I can do better combos than that... that Dante is dry as fuck but to be expected it took years for people to come close to mastering Dante.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yea I remember seeing that DMC4 video, it's pretty much one of the first ones. Man even I can do better combos than that... that Dante is dry as fuck but to be expected it took years for people to come close to mastering Dante.

To be fair, it took a while for Dante's potential to start to come out... and for good reason. The Nero combos are more of a exhibition of what can be done with Snatch+MaxAct. But regardless, it's the earliest video I could find.

shtkn

since the dmc hd collection thread is locked:

dmc.png

edit: whoops, sorry about taht, saw the wrong thread. man sometimes i hate using search in forums...

Teknoman

Wished the game would fully preload on steam. Even after it comes out, i'll have to wait...unless it auto-downloads while steam is on when available.

Mike M

Nick N
Beat SoS mode, went straight to Heaven or Hell. WTF is the point of this mode? You get three gold orbs that regenerate every level if you happen to use them? Way too lenient.

Zafir

According to Steam, this game will not release in EST until 2pm Friday. This seriously better not be right. They've already made us wait another week to play the damn thing; the least they could do is unlock it at a decent time.
It's absolutely stupid. I've had my PC copy since Wednesday thanks to shopto. However, it doesn't unlock til 6pm Friday for the UK. What gives? :/ At least make it midnight everywhere...

Aesthet1c

I haven't pre-ordered things on Steam more than a couple times. Is it possible it will unlock early? Or is the countdown clock in steam pretty accurate?

Gbraga

17 hours? :(

Man :(

Will Steam at least download automatically when it's available? I'll be working, so maybe when I get home it'll be ready

ezekial45

Banned
I haven't pre-ordered things on Steam more than a couple times. Is it possible it will unlock early? Or is the countdown clock in steam pretty accurate?

I'm pretty sure it's tied to the 'clock'.

The feeling of 120fps. I think I saw some added lighting and particle effects in the gamespot comparison video.

Yeah, the pics on steam look miles better than the console games. I can't wait to see some more videos of it.

Will it be possible to mod the PC version? I'm wondering if that's a road some could take if they feel the enemies are too easy.

It's running on UE3, which is highly modable. So you can bet on some mods coming out for the game.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, I hope you'll be there to give us the gory details on differences between the console and PC versions.
Will try. Friday I have work and over the weekend I am also a bit busy. But on Monday I will have something worthwhile to report with.

Just know that I am not a graphics whore so I am not going to appreciate minor differences in visuals.

Man, I should pay attention to that loading screen more. Did not know Trillion Stab could cancel into Prop. I wonder what else. Man, Bloody Palace needs to come out already so I really mess with the combat system.

Dahbomb

Man, I should pay attention to that loading screen more. Did not know Trillion Stab could cancel into Prop. I wonder what else. Man, Bloody Palace needs to come out already so I really mess with the combat system.
Lol there are so many of these types of cancels in the game. It's a DMC game after all.

You can cancel Pop into a gun shot. You can also cancel Trillion Stab into gun shot into Pop into gun shot.

But yea the loading screen is good stuff. BP comes out end of Feb, thankfully there's a Training Mode.

I though the 30fps console demo was fine but side by side like that the 30fps video looks sub-20 ugly.

I wish this steam release/preload wasn't such a shitshow!

Other than NG3 Sigma, I'd like to see them move on to NG4. They just need to take what they learned from NG3, and Razor's Edge, and apply it to that. They're certainly capable.

I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden 3, mostly because I can look past all the stupid things (and there were many stupid things).

I felt ninja gaiden 3 could have been on par with 2 had they not dumbed down the combat. Ninja gaiden 2 had enemy designs that were thought up by a 13 year old. To me it was an inferior game to 1 (though I thought 1 had also some questionable enemy designs). Anyway, Team Ninja did a stupid move thinking that making their game accessible would result in more sales. Every gaming website was bound to tear this game to shreds because the core gameplay the series was known for was stripped out - and these days, with games at $60, people read reviews. Whatever they do with 4, I hope they take the enemy designs more seriously, give us a light story without stupid characters just to keep the action moving along, and add a lot of interesting combat mechanics that would make players want to replay the game and master the character.

/end rant

On topic: decided I will go to work tomorrow because of steam's stupid activation system. hoping the PC version will not disappoint and that the DLC costumes are available from the start.

"What if there was a zombie and like...he had a chainsaw...AND A CANNON. ZOMG" - NG2 enemy designer, 14-year old kid hyped up on sugary ceral

Xyber

17 hours? :(

Man :(

Will Steam at least download automatically when it's available? I'll be working, so maybe when I get home it'll be ready

Get the steam app for your phone if you can, you can remotely start downloads if your PC and steam is running. I think it's possible to do from the website too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
"What if there was a zombie and like...he had a chainsaw...AND A CANNON. ZOMG" - NG2 enemy designer, 14-year old kid hyped up on sugary ceral

I've been saying this since NG2 was released. Right along with Werewolves that throw their own bodyparts at you. The enemy designs in that game were atrocious.

And some truly shit bosses(the fuckin' armadillo that blows up in your face, the giant electric fish, the damn underground worm in the this PS1 2000-era green hole of DOOM, etc). Not a single great one in there. Some people complain about DMC4 that it's combat its the only great strength it has. Well, at least it has good enemies/bosses for the most part. And Bloody Palace. NG2 had fun combat on it's standard enemies, and that's it. Boring, streamlined level design and collectibles, shit bosses, poor framerate, ugly enemies, off-screen projectile spam, shit extras at launch(no mission mode!? only leopard print unlockables!?)...Ninja Gaiden 3 was bad, but so was Ninja Gaiden 2, man.

Veelk

Banned

And it was AWESOME, in an immature kind of what, which is what you should expect when playing NG.

Compare that to NG3, where they tried to be serious and have the majority be human enemies. And the few fiend enemies that there were were generic and unmemorable, while I definitely won't forget werewolves throwing their own decapitated body parts at me or a chainsaw-cannon armed zombie.

You could literally do this with any PC multiplat game

The framerate change is a big point of the drama surrounding DmC.

It's a bit of a special case.

I wish the video quality was much better, and they had some videos that were just straight 60fps footage.

Hopefully it will convert some of the people who wouldn't have bought it based on the framerate.

Veelk

Banned
So I was randomly wondering about what the themes of DmC were, to try uncover some kind of meaning that NT was perhaps trying to impart. Well, we know for sure that the aesthetics of the game are inspired by the punk, with the graffiti, the union jack on Dante's coat, and the general theme of the game being about fighting for freedom from demon oppression. To be honest, the most meaningful expression of this I found was in the end,
where Dante refused to let Vergil take control. I agreed with Vergil actually, since it's gonna be utter chaos for the next few years and Vergil leading people in this new world might help some, so I was confused that Dante refused to let Vergil do it. At first, I had assumed that Dante thought he'd succumb to power and become just as bad as Mundus was, but with the punk subculture in mind, Dante may just oppose any authority whatsoever, and is perfectly happy to let anarchy reign.

Due to my ignorance of punk, I can't think of anything else besides generalities like these. Can anyone here find more things that fall into punk philosophy or something?

dEvAnGeL

I purchased the game on GMG ad got two codes, the game code and the costumes pack dlc code, entered both codes on steam and click pero load and freaking steam only downloaded the dlc and it shows up as the preload is complete, so I deleted te local content an hit preload again and the same thing happened, it keeps downloading the dlc thinking is the full game, anyone else having this problem?

Aeana

I purchased the game on GMG ad got two codes, the game code and the costumes pack dlc code, entered both codes on steam and click pero load and freaking steam only downloaded the dlc and it shows up as the preload is complete, so I deleted te local content an hit preload again and the same thing happened, it keeps downloading the dlc thinking is the full game, anyone else having this problem?
Yes, same thing here. I'm just being patient to see what happens when the game unlocks.

dreamfall

Same thing happening here. No good!

Top Bottom