• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A comprehensive list of all the PS4/XboxNext games we know are coming

SykoTech

Eh. Outside of Mirror's Edge 2, not really feeling it. Got my eye on SW1313, but I've been burned too many times. Well, there's Beyond Good & Evil 2 as well
I hope.

The Wii U part is such a buzzkill. OP was much better before they were added. Might as well add Vita and 3DS games too.

Lol @ Versus and TLG.

That's in-engine. And, what's more, the maneuvering jets/coolant stuff all moves in real-time, based on what the ship would actually be doing if it needs. Star Citizen is easily one of the most exciting video games currently in development.

Swell. That sounds awfully dull and hardly a something to use as a point for the importance of more power next gen. "Now we get moving wing flaps!" (Also, by render, I didn't mean a pre-rendered image from Maya. Games are still rendered, regardless of the on-the-fly qualifier.)

I also personally don't see the fun in these Elite/Freelancer type games. It's like X3. It starts you off by that planet and you're like "Ooooooo!" but then quickly all the scenery becomes bland because that the reality of space -- and then you find you need to be an octopus to control everything.

Look, there are obviously a lot of defensive people in here who can't stand the idea of someone not liking what they like. But look at that list I wrote. I'm always going to be the person who picks Virtual On over Mech Warrior and Outrun over Gran Turismo. It's just my taste in games. Consequently, my original point stands: the confirmed games of next gen look dull, nothing yet has convinced me a power upgrade is needed or will be used well, and if everything on offer next gen comes from the school of thought that brought us Dishonored, I might just save my money and skip it.

Anyone know the story behind this:
gabe_protesters.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I knew next to nothing about what will coming next generation before reading this thread, and nothing substantial has been gained now that I have.

Same here, seems like the 3DS is where all the interesting things are coming, unless the Japanese marketplace suddenly returns to console gaming and Japanese devs follow.

Most of the interesting stuff done this gen were indie games that could've been done on a Pentium II or handheld games. You don't need power to make an interesting, unique-looking world or clever gameplay mechanics. In fact too much power and a declining market for these "AAA" games means companies are only gonna play things safer.

charsace

Same here, seems like the 3DS is where all the interesting things are coming, unless the Japanese marketplace suddenly returns to console gaming and Japanese devs follow.

Most of the interesting stuff done this gen were indie games that could've been done on a Pentium II or handheld games. You don't need power to make an interesting, unique-looking world or clever gameplay mechanics. In fact too much power and a declining market for these "AAA" games means companies are only gonna play things safer.

You need power for physics, certain procedural game development like animation and more advanced world generation, and certain forms of AI.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Nice to see interest in it.

Added:

-MGS Ground Zeroes
-Gran Turismo 6
-Retro's new IP

Also updated everything with the confirmed and otherwise unconfirmed (but likely) platforms for each

Added gameplay footage and trailers for all the games (Watch Dogs, MGS, HL3, etc)

Also added Black Tusk Studios' new IP and Fortnite.

Violet_0

Banned
Okay, I didn't know about Destiny or Star Wars 1313, they look excellent. Whore of the Orient and Human Element could be intriguing. Cyberpunk 2077 is on my list of course, as is Thief 4, Smash Brothers and all the various Kickstarter RPGs (I funded all of them). The future is looking bright

Added Agni's Philosophy (since it seems Square Enix has gone on record saying they're making it into a game+the survey gauging interest into making it a game).

Decado

I really hope The Witcher 3 is released first on PC. The devs seem more hesitant/slow to support modders now that consoles have come into the picture.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't like the wiiu games addition, i think that the initial idea of the thread was making an idea of what can we expect from ps4 and nextbox based on what we know about their known games.
We already know everything about wiiu, vita and 3ds, no need for including their games imo.
Good op anyway.

Pachimari

Added Agni's Philosophy (since it seems Square Enix has gone on record saying they're making it into a game+the survey gauging interest into making it a game).
Not that I'm doubting you but do we have a source? I would love this to become an actual game.

I also don't think Vita, 3DS and Wii U games should be listed.

Not that I'm doubting you but do we have a source? I would love this to become an actual game.

I also don't think Vita, 3DS and Wii U games should be listed.

Yes according to this link here:

I think there was a confirmation is is an actual game

Let me search a bit, i remember i read it somewhere lately

EDIT: Found it

http://modernxgames.blogspot.gr/2012/09/a-tech-demo-de-agnis-philosophy-sera-o.html

"The first Final Fantasy for the next generation has already been shown to the world, it comes to the tech-demo Agni's Philosophy , which was shown at E3 2012 along with the Luminous Engine.

Confirmation comes through Yoshihisa Hashimoto , technical director of the company, who said " Agni's Philosophy is a Final Fantasy ", without elaborating on the exact target platforms or a possible release date. recently has been known as the domain of Final Fantasy XV, Finalfantasyxv.com , is owned by Square Enix . Perhaps the first installment of the popular series from Square Enix, Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 include the number 15 in the nomenclature. Check out a video demo of the tech-Agni's Philosophy:"

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU&feature=player_embedded

Also I have removed the Wii U games. Nothing against the games or Nintendo, but my original intent was to catalog the PS4/720 games that are coming. The Wii U is already out and thus we're in the 8th generation, but this list was for Sony/Microsoft's machines really. No hard feelings chaps.

Tech demo.

Would people be mad if Last Guardian got moved to PS4 I wonder?

i'd be disappointed because i wont buy a console at launch (probably only after at least a couple of years/significant price drop) so i wouldnt be able to play it for a while.

i wouoldnt be mad though. I wouldnt even be surprised, so, yeah, just disappointed (again). If they do release it on ps4 i hope there will be a ps3 version as well.

actually, there's one thing i wonder about people who'll buy a PS4/720 at launch:
only in case you're getting rid of your current console to buy a next gen system:
do you mind not being able to play dark souls 2 if you sell your old system (i dont think it will be on the upcoming consoles ?), will this game keep you from buying another console unti you've beaten it ?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Love this thread, many exciting games there that i forgot about. The mere mention of a next-gen PGR game has me reaching for my wallet.

Derrick01

Banned
Tech demo.

Would people be mad if Last Guardian got moved to PS4 I wonder?

If that and Versus aren't going to hit worldwide this year then they should both be moved to PS4. The train's moving on once ps4 hits so they're running out of time to justify their 7 year wait.

Consequently, my original point stands: the confirmed games of next gen look dull, nothing yet has convinced me a power upgrade is needed or will be used well, and if everything on offer next gen comes from the school of thought that brought us Dishonored, I might just save my money and skip it.
Well, okay, then. If that's the case then just go on and skip these threads. Your negativity is kind of a downer, y'know, regardless of whether or not it is merely your own personal take on things.

There are plenty of people who dream of a future of perfect, unbroken immersion (with an eventual move to virtual reality, and then a move beyond that into a holodeck-like experience). If you don't share that dream, fine, you don't have to. I don't see what's so difficult to understand about why other people are looking forward to it, however.

Sid

i'd be disappointed because i wont buy a console at launch (probably only after at least a couple of years/significant price drop) so i wouldnt be able to play it for a while.

i wouoldnt be mad though. I wouldnt even be surprised, so, yeah, just disappointed (again). If they do release it on ps4 i hope there will be a ps3 version as well.

actually, there's one thing i wonder about people who'll buy a PS4/720 at launch:
only in case you're getting rid of your current console to buy a next gen system:
do you mind not being able to play dark souls 2 if you sell your old system (i dont think it will be on the upcoming consoles ?), will this game keep you from buying another console unti you've beaten it ?
Dark Souls 2 is likely to be a cross gen game.

Hindle

Banned
Vs 13 is already a next gen game IMO. TLG could be either, or maybe a downloadable game along the lines of Journey.

eso76

I lost track of all first party studios Microsoft built, but it's safe to assume all of them are working on next gen titles.

Top Bottom