• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

zeopower6

Hot damn, this game is finally coming out? how's the gameplay?

It's pretty good! But since the demo that's out kind of throws you into the action, it's been getting mixed reviews. I'd say it's kind of a mix between a turn based RPG and an action RPG (more turnbased obviously) with touches that feel like FFXII (mostly those targeting parabolas) and Pokemon (the monster collecting). :)

I suggest trying the game out if you have the time to get a 2GB~ demo!

zeopower6

Cannot wait for this game as well! Any word on a European digital release BTW?

It's up on the UK PSN right now for preorder! It comes with the two preorder DLC that Amazon.co.uk gets. Not sure if it's also up for other EU regions, but I'd check just to make sure. :)

I wouldn't say turned based I would say "Active Time Battle" mixed with something like Tales.

The turn based part IMO comes from the menus that stop battle when selecting a spell or item to use, but it kind of ends there as far as being like most 'turn based' RPGs. I'd say the free movement in battle makes it unique and the on-the-fly switching between party members/Familiars is rather refreshing. I guess everyone views this game's battle system a bit differently but it's for sure not 100% anything nor has it ever been done before imo... when I played it back in July, I tried to stay away from the game to keep it exciting so I only played about 4 minutes of it and it was rather difficult to grasp the battle system (but by November I'd been playing the demo a TON).

Alrix

It's pretty good! But since the demo that's out kind of throws you into the action, it's been getting mixed reviews. I'd say it's kind of a mix between a turn based RPG and an action RPG (more turnbased obviously) with touches that feel like FFXII (mostly those targeting parabolas) and Pokemon (the monster collecting). :)

I suggest trying the game out if you have the time to get a 2GB~ demo!

nice. i've been craving a good turn based jrpg lately. i'll definitely check it out, thanks

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe ign gave this a 9.4. I gasped when I seen it, lol. Thought it'd be a solid 7 at best. Can't wait to play it.

Loved the demo.

Cannot wait for this.

My craving for an excellent current gen traditional jrpg will finally be sated.

Also this might be the first time I ever choose to play with english voices. I always prefer the japanese va with english subs, but I dont want to miss out on the beautiful visuals.

Globox_82

Banned
guys from Beyond team tend to over hype PS3 exclusives imo. Didn't TM get 9.0 or something like that? Not saying that game is not good (I am getting it) but

zeopower6

Ni no Kuni is getting pretty rave reviews all over, not just from one publication, which is veeerrryyy promising.

The comments section of the review is another story... the reviewer goes on in some comments to talk about how great the game was to him and that the art was gorgeous and so on... and his comments are downvoted! Why?!

Globox_82

Banned
Ni no Kuni is getting pretty rave reviews all over, not just from one publication, which is veeerrryyy promising.

The comments section of the review is another story... the reviewer goes on in some comments to talk about how great the game was to him and that the art was gorgeous and so on... and his comments are downvoted! Why?!

xbox fanboys - we are back in 2008

Rootbeer

Banned
PS3 has been hurting for a strong exclusive lately. I'm so elated that this is raking in the rave reviews. I've been following this game since before its Japanese release... it is FINALLY about to be in my hands!

ebil

Reading reviews and impressions definitely make me want to buy this game. Too bad it's been delayed in Europe (with FFXIV beta starting mid-February and nothing special to play in between, next week would have been perfect), I might import if I find a US copy that's not sold at a ridiculous price.

Rubius

Its also the best seller on Amazon.ca. Which is nice. I will get a nice Gryphon pet also as preorder.
Griffy02._V391263153_.jpg

Aw yeah

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So, sorry if this was answered before, but is the game supposed to be somewhat challenging?
And how limited is the european CE?

So. How exactly can you preorder the Wizard Edition?
I want to contribute to the game, and since they will add more free content for each Wizard edition sold, I would like to get one. Problem. No purchase button on the website...
So its either my crappy internet, Chrome or the website.
http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...=UPVJLgoBAlkAAENCAvMAAABJ&rests=1358252332205

Are they even in stock?

Sold out months ago. You'll need to import it from Europe if you really want it. That's if any of the stores here still have it available.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

RPGCrazied

There it is. The most spoilerish thing about the video review is that it shows off some unique locations, to me at least. It's gotten me more excited if anything.

Yeah, went ahead and watched it. Hype rising. One question to those who played it. Are costumes in the game? I noticed a few times in the video Oliver had different clothes on. Unless its just for one area only. Still pretty cool.

papercamm

Yeah, went ahead and watched it. Hype rising. One question to those who played it. Are costumes in the game? I noticed a few times in the video Oliver had different clothes on. Unless its just for one area only. Still pretty cool.

Looks like it changes based on region and progression.

Ravage

After some consideration, i've decided to double dip for that gorgeous steelbook. Wish i didn't have to pay the extra import cost though >.<

RPGCrazied

I'm going to try and buy the Wizard book on eBay sometime, but I fear its going to cost more than the Wizard edition itself. Ugh.

didn't play the game yet, but I think the outfits are related to the areas/regions.. since it doesn't make sence to wear
swimming trunks
in the
ice cave

you are right, though, it's still cool :)

Geoff9920

I haven't played an old school jRPG in forever. Now my favorite jRPG developer and Studio Ghibli get together to create a game? Time to put my PS3 to some use. Day one.
3AQmK.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is... is that an outrageous thing?

Nah you're right, still confuses me all the time. It makes absolutely zero sense. Especially a game like Ni no Kuni needs the highest score it can get.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lol dudes name is Moriarty.

And I seriously hope that wasn't a complaint about a freaking 9.4 score :/

Top Bottom