• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF? Vita has a 100 application/game limit?

VanWinkle

What the fuck are you putting in there that takes 100 bubbles? I have a 32gb and I have like 5 vita games 7 PSP games and 5 PS1 games and I've only got 2 gigs of space left.

Man that's crazy. I have 3 retail downloaded, 15 PSN games, 2 PSP, 12 minis, 7 PS Mobile, and 1 PS1 Classic on my 16GB card!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not even close to this limit and I have quite a bit of things. If I need to, I will clean out things. I had around 14 PS1 games when compatibility was first introduced. I since then deleted 12 of them. I'm sure some have many games but who doesn't regularly clean out their stuff? I sort of have this rule of trying to keep above 6GB (on my 32gb card) before I start to consider deleting things I don't play that much.

The limitation is really 10 pages of 10 bubbles each.

I am around 90 bubbles and that is worring me also.

Plus the limitation applies also to cart games. Each time you play a card it creates a bubble, which usually stores the savegame. I do not want to backup/delete/restore my games that much.

Well that sounds pretty silly. Do you really need an icon telling you have save data for each game.

RedSwirl

Wait, how the hell do 3DS saves work anyway? I was under the impression that physical 3DS games saved to the cart, while digital games saved to the SD card. Is that what's in the "Extra Data" section?

Allforce

I just got my Vita a week ago and already have at least 35 bubbles from PS+ content and then system crap you can't delete. Why did I bother getting a 32 gb card if I can't have everything on the Vita all at once?

Who can we contact about this for a response? I'm seriously about to submit this to Kotaku just for them to contact Sony for comment.

I doubt this is something that can't/won't be fixed in a future firmware update. Just delete some minis for now and move on.

I just got my Vita a week ago and already have at least 35 bubbles from PS+ content and then system crap you can't delete. Why did I bother getting a 32 gb card if I can't have everything on the Vita all at once?

Who can we contact about this for a response? I'm seriously about to submit this to Kotaku just for them to contact Sony for comment.
I highly doubt you will reach 100 apps on the 32gb, unless you download 50 minis as well.

Go for it!

Koren

Well that sounds pretty silly. Do you really need an icon telling you have save data for each game.
It's silly from the start, even without the 100 bubbles limit...

A single bubble for the cart currently in the console is enough. You can always keep a list somewhere (even on the card if the internal memory can't hold it), but it's cluttering the main screen for no practical use...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Do people really need that much fucking content on the go?

I have an 8GB and make by

3-5 Titles, once there done/completed, if I really want to replay it or keep at it they stay, everything else gets deleted to high heaven

I would like it if those mandatory bubbles didn't count against you and you can remove them
The AT&T app, Maps and a couple of others that are no use to me

I'm minimizing my Vita experience and having a better time, rather have shit bloated up to high heaven just for no reason at all
I barely use Skype or Facebook on the damn thing, so I just deleted them, saved me 2 bubbles

Most mini's are pointless, the true standouts sure keep those that you keep going back too
PS1, load up 5, which you intend to play
Same goes for other content

It's not like everything can't be reached through the store and re-downloaded

Only thing I'm shitting bricks is once I hit 100 Trophy Games
I think I read somewhere, once you start 101, the oldest disappears =/
So no true PS Vita history just a part of it

I'm up to roughly 25 titles at the moment already

Skilletor

Do people really need that much fucking content on the go?

I have an 8GB and make by

3-5 Titles, once there done/completed, if I really want to replay it or keep at it they stay, everything else gets deleted to high heaven

I would like it if those mandatory bubbles didn't count against you and you can remove them
The AT&T app, Maps and a couple of others that are no use to me

I'm minimizing my Vita experience and having a better time, rather have shit bloated up to high heaven just for no reason at all
I barely use Skype or Facebook on the damn thing, so I just deleted them, saved me 2 bubbles

Most mini's are pointless, the true standouts sure keep those that you keep going back too
PS1, load up 5, which you intend to play
Same goes for other content

It's not like everything can't be reached through the store and re-downloaded

Only thing I'm shitting bricks is once I hit 100 Trophy Games
I think I read somewhere, once you start 101, the oldest disappears =/
So no true PS Vita history just a part of it

I'm up to roughly 25 titles at the moment already

Yes. I need what I want whenever I want it. That's why I paid for the storage and the games. It's my money and because it's my money that is my expectation.

Cool on you if you want to wait or delete stuff or redownload things. I don't.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Really? 16 or 17 are mandatory apps. I think there are at least 3 free games and 6 or so apps. That alone makes it around 25 bubbles even if you don't buy anything.

*cowers* I'm just recalling from memory... don't hurt me.

Back home now, turned on my Vita. I've got 36 apps on my Vita.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
If ever there was a reason for Sony to finally give Vita users the ability to make folders...

Maybe because some people have had it long enough to accumulate 100 apps?

Maybe because it is pretty fucking stupid to have a limit for applications on your handheld?

Nah a bunch of us hit that limit at launch.

Uh I forgot who, but one of the gaffers bought every game for Vita at the launch window. We've all talked about it to death in some thread that's probably been deleted since it's so old.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yes. I need what I want whenever I want it. That's why I paid for the storage and the games. It's my money and because it's my money that is my expectation.

Cool on you if you want to wait or delete stuff or redownload things. I don't.

Then it's your fault for being misinformed

Most here knew about the dreaded "101"

There must be a limitation reason as to why it's stuck @ that #

Would you rather have a smooth scrolling + load up scenario, or a shitty laggy/clunky 500 apps scenario (the latter would really sour the experience)

You bought the high priced card with the high priced system, without first finding out the faults of that system which may come rear it's ugly head

If you really want 100+ apps, there other machines that offer you to go "HAM" and add as much fucking clutter you want

100 sounds a reasonable #
I tried the add everything into my VITA, I want to have access to it at any time, which in the end was kind of fucking pointless

Say if they rose the cap to 200, then people will bitch when the dreaded "201" comes

There's a reason you can only have 100 friends on the PS3
Trophies most of the time stayed below 100 (Until Uncharted 3 GOTY pushed that threshold)

Skilletor

Would you rather have a smooth scrolling + load up scenario, or a shitty laggy/clunky 500 apps scenario

You bought the high priced card with the high priced system, without first finding out the faults of that system which may come rear it's ugly head

If you really want 100+ apps, there other machines that offer you to go "HAM" and add as much fucking clutter you want

I tried the add everything into my VITA, I want to have access to it at any time, which in the end was kind of fucking pointless

Say if they rose the cap to 200, then people will bitch when the dreaded "201" comes

Trophies most of the time stayed below 100 (Until Uncharted 3 GOTY pushed that threshold)

I'm not misinformed. I am perfectly aware of it and haven't run in to the problem. That doesn't make it any less stupid. What's pointless for you isn't pointless for me. Your logic is that if I want 100+ apps/games on my Vita, I should buy something else? lol @ that.

Nah a bunch of us hit that limit at launch.

Uh I forgot who, but one of the gaffers bought every game for Vita at the launch window. We've all talked about it to death in some thread that's probably been deleted since it's so old.

Not everybody reads the super Vita threads. Not everybody has had the Vita since launch.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So, pulled the mem card out of my Vita and tried using it without it.

31 bubbles became 17 mandatory apps and 5 games?

I guess the save bubbles for retail games are in the actual Vita? I thought they saved to the mem card. So the Vita will set aside space for mandatory apps and retail saves.

But in any case, whats the problem here? Swap out your mem card, different set of apps.

dab0ne

So should I made a "Xbox Live gold costs money! You have to pay to play online!" thread?

In like 2003, when it was still new? Yes. Now everyone knows Live costs money. I didn't know the vita has a 100 App limit and I've had mine since launch. Apparently other news conglomerates didn't know about it either. Congrats on being so informed on the topic but the majority of us didn't know this. I think the thread is justified.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Nice job shag!

Engadget, Joystiq .. soon Verge and Polygon .. Kotaku will pick it up too and add their own sensationalized headline

Potential Kotaku Headline: "Sony wants you to buy another Vita to play your 101st game."

Kyon

Banned
I'm so sorry OP.. But why the fuck do you need that many apps? Ain't nobody on this planet got time for that. People in general only play like 2-3 games a month or something. If you had 100 physical copies I'm sure you would probably play like 20 of those in a year.

Unless the point for you is to have everything on your vita :D then I understand. It's so nice having PS1/PSP/Mobile/Vita games all in one system. Hope they raise the cap for you. Bless

rockx4

I only have like 40-45 bubbles on my Vita, but yea the limit is sort of weird. Sony needs to implement folders though, even my 3DS has it.

I'm so sorry OP.. But why the fuck do you need that many apps? Ain't nobody on this planet got time for that. People in general only play like 2-3 games a month or something. If you had 100 physical copies I'm sure you would probably play like 20 of those in a year.

Unless the point for you is to have everything on your vita :D then I understand. It's so nice having PS1/PSP/Mobile/Vita games all in one system. Hope they raise the cap for you. Bless

The user shouldn't be punished for buying lots of games / having lots of apps for his Vita. That's so fundamentally contradictory to a sound business plan.

Skilletor

That's exactly the point.

rockx4

Isn't that the point for digital content though? To always have them on your system without having to swap out physical media? Having a limit defeats the purpose of digital downloads.

Would you rather have a smooth scrolling + load up scenario, or a shitty laggy/clunky 500 apps scenario (the latter would really sour the experience)

It's a machine to go. I recently went for a week long trip, and Vita served as my "in-flight entertainment". It's all about convenience, really. I have over 200+ titles on my PS3 hard drive, and I rather buy a bigger hard drive than deleting games (which I did). Redownloading is a waste of my time and any limitation is lame unless it's a limitation due to the hardware. There is no limit when it comes to Software. There are a lot of games I've yet to play (and finish) in my Vita, and I don't want to remove them and redownload them when I'm craving so. Yes, PS+ works to back up your save files, but the whole point is portability. It's a portable console which shouldn't be relying on network-based services to get things done. I will back up my save files in case I get that 102th software.

People have thousands of games on Steam. Why should I be punished for buying or using all the games?

GraveRobberX: Let me put it this way cause you will understand it more. How would you feel if Sony says "You've reached the maximum number of Platinum trophies, and your virtual cabinet is full. Please delete one to make room for others." Why do you need all the trophies? You don't! But yet you do...

It's a machine to go. I recently went for a week long trip, and Vita served as my "in-flight entertainment". It's all about convenience, really. I have over 200+ titles on my PS3 hard drive, and I rather buy a bigger hard drive than deleting games. Redownloading is a waste of my time and any limitation is lame unless it's a limitation due to the hardware. There is no limit when it comes to Software. There are a lot of games I've yet to play (and finish) in my Vita, and I don't want to remove them and redownload them when I'm craving so. Yes, PS+ works to back up your save files, but the whole point is portability. It's a portable console which shouldn't be relying on network-based services to get things done. I will back up my save files in case I get that 102th software.

People have thousands of games on Steam. Why should I be punished for buying or using all the games?

You can backup your game/saves using Content Manager.

rockx4

The amount of content should only be limited by the storage space, like Steam. Isn't that the point of a bigger memory card?

You can backup your game/saves using Content Manager.

By connecting to a PC or PS3. Again, all I pointed was that there is a limit. I bought a massive card to avoid swapping and thinking "Hmm... where did I save that game?". It's not a portable device anymore if I am connecting to other devices for it to operate. PS+ backup is the closest thing to making it portable, but even that is inferiorating.

Regardless, it's a very "exclusive" list all of a sudden. GraveRobberX should know better since he owns shit loads of games.

Do you know how annoying it'll be to delete a game, redownload/restore it, and download the patches all over again? Very annoying.

Top Bottom