• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

liquidspeed
(01-18-2013, 05:26 AM)
I tried blowing my nose, inhaling water through my nose, and I currently have some bread rolled up in a doe like state in my nose and it burns really bad. It actually hurts and is much hotter in the nostrils than it is in the mouth.
Any suggestions to deal with this???
Poyunch
pour some milk down your nose. stat!
HanShotFirst
How did that happen?

The only thing I can think of is water but it seems you've done that already.
IceCold
(01-18-2013, 05:27 AM)
Is this part of some weird fetish?

You should have used lube first
Omega Rex
this seems faker than Manti's girlfriend

if its real, LOL
sazzy
pronounced "sassy"
Have someone cum in your nose. It'll neutralize the acid.
zerotol
Good ol' JR's BBQ sauce
snort milk.

Wtf. How do you get jalepenos up your nose?
saunderez
(01-18-2013, 05:28 AM)
You're just gonna have to suck it up I think I wouldn't go shoving things up your nose.
disappeared
(01-18-2013, 05:28 AM)
Water only makes spicy shit worse. Try snorting some powdered milk.
Zapages
(01-18-2013, 05:29 AM)
Go to the hospital stat!
Lonely1
(01-18-2013, 05:29 AM)
Take it like man!
SugarDaddy
(01-18-2013, 05:30 AM)

Originally Posted by disappeared

Water only makes spicy shit worse. Try snorting some powdered milk.

So is that what they're calling it these days? In my day we just called it doin blow.
Tymerend
(01-18-2013, 05:30 AM)
If I were you, I'd go ly dow.

Aside from useless advice, though, milk may help to reduce the burn a bit. Otherwise, just wait a while and it'll eventually subside.

Oh, and don't masturbate until you've scrubbed your hands a couple times...

Just... trust me.
Devil Theory
(01-18-2013, 05:31 AM)
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Toughen up, boy.
disappeared

Originally Posted by SugarDaddy

So is that what they're calling it these days? In my day we just called it doin blow.

shhhh.
Chie Satonaka
(01-18-2013, 05:32 AM)
I love OT. Whenever someone has one of these weird problems that require immediate attention, the first reaction is to make a thread.

How did this happen? That's the story I actually want to hear.
squidyj
(01-18-2013, 05:33 AM)
Do nothing... sit with the pain, breathe, bear it, it'll feel really bad but the pain will peak and then you can start to chill the fuck out.

Pro Tip, don't pick your nose or otherwise touch your face after chopping peppers, or masturbate, that one's pretty bad. If you're working with VERY hot peppers wear latex (nonpowdered) gloves to avoid getting the oil on your fingers.

Although maybe some people enjoy that sort of sensation when they want to get off.... i'm sure theres a fetish for it... on the internet
‹bermatik
(01-18-2013, 05:34 AM)
Amazing.
Seanspeed
(01-18-2013, 05:35 AM)
It'll go away soon enough, if it hasn't already.
drspeedy
(01-18-2013, 05:37 AM)
Rub sour cream up there, wipe off in a few minutes. Avoid touching your nose with your bare fingers, I'm assuming jalapeno juiced hands are the culprit here

GAF don't touch sensitive area after handling peppers, especially nose and eyes. Listen to Squid up there, if you think this was bad, try discovering you have some stray habanero on your fingers AFTER you started taking a leak. You'll know quickly...
crimsondynamics
(01-18-2013, 05:39 AM)
Spicy peppers contain capsaicin oil, so they are not water soluble. Instead of washing the capsaicin out of your mouth, you will merely spread it around, increasing the amount of pain that you feel.

Instead, try drinking tomato juice or biting into a lemon or lime. This apparently helps with the pain of hot peppers because the high acid content of these foods helps neutralize the alkaline capsaicin.

Yoghurt also helps. 1.2 billion Indians downing their mutton vindaloos with mango lassis can't be wrong!
liquidspeed
(01-18-2013, 05:40 AM)
Ill update the op, but its simple: I chopped some. Peppers and mixed them In with my baked potato. After I ate I had an itch in my nose and without thinking went to alleviate said itch. Trace amounts of spice/ juice were on my finger and it got In my nose. The burning sensation then spread up the membrane as the spice diffused into an area of lesser concentration.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(01-18-2013, 05:41 AM)

Originally Posted by HanShotFirst

How did that happen?

Cut Jalapeno's without gloves and get the juice on you and rub your nose without thinking. It's possible.
Seanspeed
(01-18-2013, 05:42 AM)

Originally Posted by liquidspeed

Ill update the op, but its simple: I chopped some. Peppers and mixed them In with my baked potato. After I ate I had an itch in my nose and without thinking went to alleviate said itch. Trace amounts of spice/ juice were on my finger and it got In my nose. The burning sensation then spread up the membrane as the spice diffused into an area of lesser concentration.

Yup. Pickin your nose or rubbing your eyes are pretty common mistakes to make after dealing with some spicy peppers. I've done both several times.
El'Kharn
(01-18-2013, 05:46 AM)
Take an infusion of cement. You'll harden up then.
squidyj
(01-18-2013, 06:28 AM)

Originally Posted by liquidspeed

Yeah I rubbed my eyes after chopping up some peppers to spice up a curry... but those were Habaneros.
TheExodu5
(01-18-2013, 06:32 AM)
Always use gloves when handling hot peppers.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(01-18-2013, 06:32 AM)

Originally Posted by squidyj

Yeah I rubbed my eyes after chopping up some peppers to spice up a curry... but those were Habaneros.

Yeah I've had habanero in my eyes before. Jalapenos are nothing.
jts
...hate me...
(01-18-2013, 06:35 AM)
Mmmm. Let it marinate overnight then make a sandwich out of your nose.
ClassyPenguin
Banned
(01-18-2013, 06:35 AM)
Alebrije
(01-18-2013, 06:36 AM)
Put some sugar inside it.
Verano
Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
(01-18-2013, 06:37 AM)
Dance to a Mexican Hat OP..
GK86
Homeland Security Fail
(01-18-2013, 06:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Chie Satonaka

I love OT. Whenever someone has one of these weird problems that require immediate attention, the first reaction is to make a thread.

How did this happen? That's the story I actually want to hear.

The wisdom of Gaf at your fingertips, why wouldn't you ask? You can possibly save yourself a trip to the hospital.

Although, stuff like when their guts are exploding, and they make a thread, yeah that is crazy.
krameriffic
(01-18-2013, 06:40 AM)
Reminds me of when Steve-O snorted wasabi in the Jackass movie.
lingiii
Banned
(01-18-2013, 06:43 AM)
Worst day of my life:

Made chili. My chili is fuck-hot. Goal is it shouldn't be possible to eat without a glass of milk on stand-by. Multiple habeneros, a ghost pepper, wasn't goofin'.

Fucking wore two food service gloves, careful as hell.

After all the slicing, took gloves off and washed the cutting board (<-the fateful moment). So proud of gloves and not scratching my nose, didn't think "hey this cutting board's probably fucked huh". Washed my hands for a solid 4 mintues just in case anything got through the gloves. Went to bathroom to piss. Scratched under my balls.

CATASTROPHE.

I ended up with my whole package tea-bagging a glass of whole cream for like three hours, couldn't have sex for a week.
lingiii
Banned
(01-18-2013, 06:44 AM)

Originally Posted by krameriffic

Reminds me of when Steve-O snorted wasabi in the Jackass movie.

lol also this reminded me in high school I was goofing around with a buddy in Latin class and dared him to snort a line of Doritos. He had to take the day off of school.
RC
(01-18-2013, 06:51 AM)
I'm not here to help. Just here to laugh.