• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not even Wake-Up Club can save the Vita

cluderi

Doesn't dick smith sell them too and Harvey Norman, plus the good guys.

Dick Smith appear to be dumping all games from what I can tell and Harvey Norman still have a small selection of 360, PS3 and WII U but nothing like they had. Myer dumped them a while ago. Seems there isn't a huge profit to be made in game retail anymore with a lot of Australians buying over the internet to save 30% - 50%

It's JB Hifi vs EB Games really and they both seem to have tiny Vita/PSP sections. I bought mine to play Persona 4 Golden (US import) and loved it.

bigace33

I really like the Vita, I'm glad I got it for relatively cheap, but man it's like this thing is DOA in the minds of most people. Sony needs to announce some killer first party stuff and some money hat exclusives to keep me on board at this point. Once I beat Uncharted and a few more titles I may cut my losses and sell this baby while it's still worth something. RIP baby Vita, I never knew ye.

Kyon

Banned
Whats wake up club?

An alarm clock game.

Not joking

ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
You realize this is January right? This is the month every store goes through inventory and shuffles what does and does not sell.
You realize that the peanut is neither a pea nor a nut?

Not surprising, I went into a GameStop a few weeks ago to trade in my old iPod and the Vita game section was one shelf. I just shock my head and thought "This is why I buy all my shit on Amazon". Hopefully Sony outlines a new retail plan for Vita at Destination Playstation.

surly

Banned
Wow, I guess the fortunes of the Vita have really turned around! It's completely sold out along with all the games! Where's that bottle of champagne I've been keeping on ice for this occasion.......

Wow, I guess the fortunes of the Vita have really turned around! It's completely sold out along with all the games! Where's that bottle of champagne I've been keeping on ice for this occasion.......

I love the juxtaposition of the "sold-out" Vita games with the 10+ unsold copies of MW3.

Soulflarz

Banned
I own 2 physical Vita games, Lumines and Ninja Gaiden. Picked them up with my Vita when I purchased it at the store. I haven't bought another physical game since the day I bought my Vita (near release).

Super Stardust, UMvC3, and Sound Shapes are the only games I purchased digitally.

*cough* buy p4 golden *cough*

Vesper73

You're mistaking 'sold out' with 'lack of stock', due to smart inventory system.

Ein Bear

I'd be interested to see what sort of split there is between retail/digital sales of Vita games. Sony were so close to getting digital distribution right with the Vita, and then they slapped those ludicrous prices on the memory cards.

Regardless, this is a really bad sign no matter how you look at it.

stktt

Banned

What the OP forgot to mention is that those slots were filled to the brim with Persona. This just keeps getting better!

I'm curious to see what happens if/when the Vita really dies. Like, will Sony put out an announcement that they are ceasing production, or will they start pretending Vita doesn't exist? The only system I remember the death of was the Dreamcast, so I'm curious how these things play out. What did Nintendo do when the Virtual Boy died? Announce it, or just let it vanish?

Kyon

Banned
I love that GTA III for PS2 is just sitting there like 'the fuck you looking at?'
How long has it been there?

That is a clearance section almost every Walmart has one. They are usually in a separate shelf not in the glass cases with all the new stuff. This Walmart is so damn ratchet, putting everything in there. Poor vita

DjRoomba

Banned
Australia is similar. Big W is the only major general goods store that seels Vita's or Vita games. Could not find Vita anywhere else besides EB and JB here, and the aforementioned Big W.

Its quite sad too, it is a very good handheld. I'm enjoying it. Just wish sony lowered the price, and put some effort into some must have exclusives. Anything to get this guy going.

As a fellow Australian I havent even seen Vita games on display anywhere

Vesper73

I'm curious to see what happens if/when the Vita really dies. Like, will Sony put out an announcement that they are ceasing production, or will they start pretending Vita doesn't exist? The only system I remember the death of was the Dreamcast, so I'm curious how these things play out. What did Nintendo do when the Virtual Boy died? Announce it, or just let it vanish?

It will surely be, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Top Bottom