• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not even Wake-Up Club can save the Vita

U2NUMB

Damn it.. I bought it at launch.. bought every big title (not COD) and at this point I feel I just need to sell what I have and get something out of it .

I love the system but the writing is on the wall :(

Damn it.. I bought it at launch.. bought every big title (not COD) and at this point I feel I just need to sell what I have and get something out of it .

I love the system but the writing is on the wall :(
I wonder how PS plus is to launch buyer. I love PS plus but launch buyer should have brought the two big riltle of PS plus by now, does PS plus save anything for you?

Teknoman

man, sony better turn the vita into a super vita. only then will it be strong enough to make the 3DS sweat

Just needs Ys, Killzone. and Soul Sacrifice to hurry up and release. I will say the Gamestop preorder list for Vita looks dry bones as hell...so heres hoping for something soon.

Flunkie

Banned
It's cumbersome to play. All the time I think, do I wwant to play a mobile game? Yes. What's easier: booting up an iPhone game or the Vita.

iPhone every time.

Redhood

I really want the vita to succeed. I really do. Lets hope it doesn't die out! None of the games on the 3ds interest me. Mobile games are gimmick that will soon pass! When vita will die so will my handheld gaming :(

Lets hope it happens never ever. and soul sacrifice and tearaway are a massive success

Amory

I love my vita. Happy to go down with the ship.

Flunkie said:
It's cumbersome to play. All the time I think, do I wwant to play a mobile game? Yes. What's easier: booting up an iPhone game or the Vita.

iPhone every time.

Not really sure how that's true...I mean if you're playing a game on the vita it just stays open until you close the application. You press the on button, unlock the screen and play. If anything it's just as easy as smartphone gaming.

Unless you mean it's easier just because you always have your phone on you, in which case yeah.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is fucking depressing.

Still, I'll be there playing my Vita the day it dies officially, and beyond that too.

IrishNinja

whoa look at all those sold games

watch out 3ds

billie got me with this one, haha

Bless.

Baptize the filth in the current gen line up with Godsona 4sus Christ

oh you <3 ya'll could do that with any game title couldn't you

it'll become the atlus/xseed/aksys/nisa system probably.

my secret hope~

If it doesn't start getting niche Japanese games I might do that. I only use mine to play PSP and PS1 games.

they look better on that though, reason enough for me to keep it personally

Redhood

I still think vita has a fair chance of selling with a redesign with internal memory and a price cut! Cause everyone who has bought the system is all praise for it. Its just that games are not up to the mark. maybe its the budget constraints!

zroid

Banned
I can't imagine Xseed won't support it, even after Vita's supposed "death". I mean, they're still supporting the Wii in 2013.

Hattori

Banned
I really want the vita to succeed. I really do. Lets hope it doesn't die out! None of the games on the 3ds interest me. Mobile games are gimmick that will soon pass! When vita will die so will my handheld gaming :(

Lets hope it happens never ever. and soul sacrifice and tearaway are a massive success

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said..except for the bolded parts, so many 3DS games that I want right now, but that's a story for another day

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

iPhone every time.

Cumbersome? part of the appeal of the vita for me is that it as easy as a smart phone to boot up and resume a game, providing you go digital of course because changing carts is a real pain on the vita.

Redhood

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said..except for the bolded part, so many 3DS games that I want right now, but that's a story for another day

Well u are forgetting region locking. Bravely default has caught my eye. There was RE but that is now coming to ps3. So i can cross that out. and thats all!

IrishNinja

.@IrishNinja But did I lie? Godsona slays your faves.

dyinga5bdu.gif

Would rather have PS2P.

i thought this was PS2P2

antitrop

Cumbersome? part of the appeal of the vita for me is that it as easy as a smart phone to boot up and resume a game, providing you go digital of course because changing carts is a real pain on the vita.
Ya, I don't find it cumbersome at all. The Vita hardware itself is rather great, exceptional even.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I didn't realize it was doing this poorly? Didn't it just get an influx of new owners? D:

GavinGT

Banned
It's really no surprise that retailers are giving up on Vita. Many even predicted it would happen months ago, in order to clear up space for the holiday shopping season.

Across all regions, 3DS more than likely sold more in December than Vita has sold since it launched. And 3DS sales haven't even been that great.

Rubius

Time for another Vita is doomed thread already?

Well its actually justified when the biggest chain of store stop selling Vita games in some of them because they dont sell enough.
Its kinda big. But hey you know what that mean. Lots of games for cheap for liquidation!
The vita is the Ngage of our times.

GavinGT

Banned
I heard Walmart actually relocated all their Vita games to stores with the highest concentrations of NeoGAF posters nearby.

Kyon

Banned
Well its actually justified when the biggest chain of store stop selling Vita games in some of them because they dont sell enough.
Its kinda big. But hey you know what that mean. Lots of games for cheap for liquidation!

Or like a lot of other chains they are putting them in mom ratchet supercenter walmarts that actually sell(lol) vita/games. Which is technically what you said LMFAO >_>

Amory

Doesn't it seem...I don't know...insane that they haven't dropped the price yet? I mean I was perfectly happy paying $300 at launch but now that price just seems ignorant.

Rubius said:

Except it's good, and there's actually reasons to own one.

elfinke

Australia is similar. Big W is the only major general goods store that seels Vita's or Vita games. Could not find Vita anywhere else besides EB and JB here, and the aforementioned Big W.

Its quite sad too, it is a very good handheld. I'm enjoying it. Just wish sony lowered the price, and put some effort into some must have exclusives. Anything to get this guy going.

I went looking at handhelds just after Xmas when I had the itch to play more Super Mario 3D Land, and was mightily surprised when I saw the price of the Vita. I wasn't aware it was so cheap. Just this weekend gone you could pick one up for <$200, or $250 with a game and a memory card. It's a relative steal next to the 3DSXL, which was what I went in looking for.

In the end I bought neither. I flicked through the shelves of games and decided that I couldn't justify a new platform (Layton + Mario nearly got me there, though).

The 2013 3DS lineup makes the Vita a sad panda.

Vita is screwed in all regions it appears

Japan:
3DS gets MH4 and a new Pokemon
Vita gets games that are also available on the PSP (except Soul Sacrifice)

EU and NA
3DS gets Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon
Vita gets Killzone (?), Tearaway (?), and Soul Sacrifice

Subtle

I went looking at handhelds just after Xmas when I had the itch to play more Super Mario 3D Land, and was mightily surprised when I saw the price of the Vita. I wasn't aware it was so cheap. Just this weekend gone you could pick one up for <$200, or $250 with a game and a memory card. It's a relative steal next to the 3DSXL, which was what I went in looking for.

In the end I bought neither. I flicked through the shelves of games and decided that I couldn't justify a new platform (Layton + Mario nearly got me there, though).

Big mistake a lot of people make when looking at a platform's library. The eShop has around 20 3DSWare titles that are worth a look (closer to 70+ counting DSiWare and the VC). In this day and age half a platform's library is digital only. It's also a problem Vita faces.

Vita is screwed in all regions it appears

Japan:
3DS gets MH4 and a new Pokemon
Vita gets games that are also available on the PSP (except Soul Sacrifice)

EU and NA
3DS gets Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon
Vita gets Killzone (?), Tearaway (?), and Soul Sacrifice

Yeah, pretty depressing. I always believed that Vita's health will be determined by its current state in Japan. If it's struggling there, it's pretty much on life-support in the west.

I don't see any major releases this year for the Vita, although that may change. For 3DS, it's pouring goodness. Vita only has console ports and Soul Sacrifice.

I really hope XSeed localizes that Ys game and VanillaWare finishes Dragon's Crown. Those are my only two games I'm really excited for...and hoping for.

E3 or bust. Or Wonder Book 2? Who knows.

stktt

Banned
I forgot the line up.

Pokemon XY(OMG that is going to be the best ever lord)

MH4 (um already importing duh)

.... Wait there was a whole bunch more and my mind went blank. Can someone help lol

Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing.

Top Bottom