• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flashback Origins (Flashback HD remake) announced for XBLA, PSN and Steam

Flashback Origins released on XBLA, PSN and PC (Steam) and maybe Wii U
And will be published by Ubisoft
1:10 p.m. | January 22, 2013 | 39

FlashbackHD_n-c_Editeur_001.jpg

Well, you already know by the title and subtitle of this news. According to one of our colleagues , who do not wish to remain anonymous, Flashback Origins out well on XBLA, PSN and PC (Steam) or Wii U (eShop). This seems very logical, you will agree.

And more than stupid and evil remake, we also learn that besides the original architecture, resume, all levels as well as the character animations (the strong point at the time) were completely redone, so although it should resemble a game totally "new". Even for those who have never played so.

Icing on the cheesecake, if we know that this is the studio of Paul Cuisset VectorCell develops the title, this is Ubisoft , definitely still in good shots, which publish.

We approached it possible for confirmation and are currently waiting for an Indian confirmation.

Recall that we issued yesterday, the very first official image of the game, WORLD exclusive. Are you jealous?

Google-translated from http://www.gameblog.fr/news/33332-flashback-origins-sortira-sur-xbla-psn-et-pc-steam-voire-wii

Source: http://www.gamalive.com/actus/15364-flashback-hd-remake-psn-xbox-live-steam.htm

Fantastic news, I was just about to rebuy the SNES cart last night.

Still wish someone would finish up the GBA sequel and throw it up on the E-shop.

vareon

I remember buying Flashback for SNES. Didn't like it, but I was way too young back then. If the price is right, I'll buy this one.

Image made me think it was a 2d side scroller starring Nathan Drake and I was trying to figure out if there was some part of Naughty Dog history I was forgetting. Then I saw the platforms and realized this wasn't the case.

1-D_FTW

Wonder why they're singling out Steam since it's UBi published. Hopefully that means it's Steamworks instead of uplay.

tkscz

Never did finish this game when I had it on Genesis. Thinking about picking it up again though, so maybe this remake instead.

Kreygasm!

One of my favorite games of all time, never completed it without cheats as the last part of the game is balls hard, but want!

Soooooo Shadow Complex?

Not quite, you get stages with a goal and you have to figure out how to get there or do a certain thing, there are no skills earned as you play but sometimes you get items which help you.

zweifuss

The original was amazing hopefully they don't stray too far from the source material. I do remember the mechanics got a bit complicated towards the end of the game though so there is room for improvement.

Draft

I'm such a bitter gamer and I hate it. Flashback was one of my favorite SNES era games. I've been craving more Flashback style gaming for years. This doesn't look good. The grahpics are bland and don't evoke the original in any appreciable way. Why does the gun have a laser sight? Why is the gun aiming slightly up? There is no aiming up, or down, or anyway except directly ahead, in Flashback?

If this game doesn't have the same clunky, limited controls as the original than it can just fuck off. Flashback was defined by its control system. It's what set the game apart from most other 2D action games. Come on, developers, where is your head at?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Holy crap that takes me back, Flashback was one of the first SNES games I had, I never did complete it back then, so if this turns out to be good I would totally pick it up.

It's got Paul Cuisset on the job, so hopefully he can stay focused on what made the original great.

I really wouldn't be surprised by an uprezzed original mode either, he'd want to direct some attention to the original game as well.

Fingers crossed.

And ultimately, what I really hope they don't change is the figure-it-out-for-yourself gameplay - any amount of spoon feeding would ruin the feel of the original.

Alx

I loved the original... I played it again not too long ago and finished it in one sitting (and one night).
I'm not sure about a remake though. What I appreciated the most was the very precise controls and gunplay (roll, jump, shoot...). It's still a good thing to bring it back I guess, but I'm just cautiously excited. :)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Why do a ground-up remake for a game that's already so good? Especially when they change the style. They should have done a ground up remake of Fade to Black. That mess needs to be rebuilt into something playable.

Top Bottom