• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

grimshawish
Banned
(01-22-2013, 04:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Neiteio

Surprised there's no hype for details on The Wonderful 101. Everyone's all "Bayonetta 2! Bayonetta 2!" but Kamiya himself is directing TW101. It looks great, yet we barely know anything beyond one level of the game.

Oh I want to see more but we already sort of expect that.
Never played Bayo 1 so am not that hyped for it - just that its a big deal. Might pick up the first game for 360 cheap or something, we'll see.
Hiltz
(01-22-2013, 04:01 PM)
I agree that the next 3D Mario game likely will not be a third Galaxy title. EAD Tokyo said they found it challenging to do a sequel even though they could rely on using some of the ideas that didn't make it int other first game.
StreetsAhead

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

I don't think there will be much. Probably just release dates for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, etc.

We might see a trailer for Bayonetta 2. I highly doubt any big game reveals. Maybe some more ports.

I think they have to and should be saving most everything they have for E3.

English tweets say new games.

Originally Posted by yankee666

So this will cover ONLY Nintendo (published/ developed) Games for the Wii U?

Yes.
Chopper

Originally Posted by sammex

I reckon they'll announce an HD version of Resident Evil Revelations.

Holy shit, that'd be lame.
GiantEnemyGoomba

After the X/Y Direct, I'm expecting something big.
Vibed
I'm hoping for at least a one or two new must-haves, but I don't want to get my hopes up...
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-22-2013, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Chopper

Holy shit, that'd be lame.

It's already been leaked for 360, PS3, and Wii U. Or it hasn't been leaked for the latter but I know it's coming.

So yeah, I totally would not be surprised to see Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U show up. Great game, but definitely not an announcement I want.

Fucking hell I just want some info on The Wonderful 101.

EDIT: loooool just announced
pulga
Banned
(01-22-2013, 04:04 PM)
omg dont let me down you motherfuckers
ASIS
(01-22-2013, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

I don't see how any of those could control the water like analog triggers can. Anyway, I shouldn't have said that it's impossible as they can probably get it to work even if it isn't as smooth as with triggers. I just hope that the re-release is through an HD remaster instead of a simple port.

I'll let you in on a little secret..
its because the GC triggers aren't actually analogue, they are digital but function on two levels instead of one. That's why you can only have a maximum of two commands with those triggers, and that's also why you can just shift one of those commands on any other input and leave primary commands for the digital triggers, voila!
I could be wrong though, but I don't remember any game that actually uses the triggers in anyway other than what I described.
Last edited by ASIS; 01-22-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Chopper

Originally Posted by EatChildren

It's already been leaked for 360, PS3, and Wii U. Or it hasn't been leaked for the latter but I know it's coming.

So yeah, I totally would not be surprised to see Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U show up. Great game, but definitely not an announcement I want.

Fucking hell I just want some info on The Wonderful 101.

EDIT: loooool just announced

I knew it was coming, but I just don't want it taking up any time tomorrow.
Hiltz
Reggie made this statement after Wii U's launch:

I think we will continue to surprise the fans with announcements and information. I would not go so far as to say you know everything in our launch window.

Reggie, depending on what is announced tomorrow, you may very well have redeemed yourself.
noffles
Banned
(01-22-2013, 04:06 PM)
Well, I guess we at least know what one of the announcements is.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-22-2013, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Chopper

I knew it was coming, but I just don't want it taking up any time tomorrow.

You and me both. Unfortunately we're both well aware of Nintendo's...time management.
Stormwatch
(01-22-2013, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Vibed

I'm hoping for at least a one or two new must-haves, but I don't want to get my hopes up...

I think they are going to have to announce a couple must-haves due to the fact that both Microsoft and Sony have been slowly hinting that we'll start hearing about their next gaming systems soon. Nintendo had the head start on releasing their console. Now they have to take advantage of it.
codhand
(01-22-2013, 04:08 PM)
Revelations is good if you like Resident Evil games.
Chopper
(01-22-2013, 04:08 PM)

You and me both. Unfortunately we're both well aware of Nintendo's...time management.

Don't even get me started.

My expectations are low. :(
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(01-22-2013, 04:10 PM)

Well I believe the ND is focused on Nintendo published stuff so we should be safe.
KennyLinder
(01-22-2013, 04:12 PM)
Is it just going to be Resi-fucking-evil 3DS port? :(
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(01-22-2013, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by sammex

I reckon they'll announce an HD version of Resident Evil Revelations.

This seems to be a very real possibility but it is low on my want list if at all I did not buy the 3DS version since I got tired of buying Horror games that I am too chicken to play
guek
(01-22-2013, 04:14 PM)
You know that nintendo is having public perception problems when people can't bring themselves to get excited for impending new games anymore. Man, I hope this delivers.
ffdgh
(01-22-2013, 04:15 PM)
Wii u version to have redeads as exclusive enemies. Paralizing screams included.
skypunch
(01-22-2013, 04:15 PM)
Man, it's gonna suck if it's just about Revelations. I don't care about that soulless game.

Would be cooler if they showed us some Project Zwei footage.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-22-2013, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by schuelma

Well I believe the ND is focused on Nintendo published stuff so we should be safe.

Yeah, but for all we know Nintendo could end up publisher Revelations.

I dunno. With these things I always keep my expectations to an absolute minimum. Every once in awhile Nintendo will curve ball with some friggen sweet announcement. Sometimes short and snappy. Sometimes with a surprising amount of discussion/footage. But they're so historically schizophrenic with time management that Iwata standing there mumbling about some series' history, followed by a 'brief' sizzle reel of known Wii U titles, leaving a third of the allocated time left to discuss something actually new, would not be out of the ordinary.

This is especially true if Nintendo has forged any partnerships to publish third party titles only announced for other systems. Which, as I always say, is no interest to me. If Nintendo is going to talk about new Wii U stuff, I want it to be stuff that helps define the console for me. That means exclusives, or definitive versions of console exclusive titles.
KeasbyKnight
Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I know never to get my hopes up for a Direct. It'll be Nintendo: We Teach U Maths or some shit.
codhand

Originally Posted by skypunch

I don't care about that soulless game.

I think you mean RE6. The price at 49.99 is too high, but it was a good game if you miss the old style RE games.
FoxHimself

They published Revelations on 3DS in Europe, so yeah.
Yonafunu
(01-22-2013, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by KeasbyKnight

I know never to get my hopes up for a Direct. It'll be Nintendo: We Teach U Maths or some shit.

I'd buy that shit. I suck at maths.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(01-22-2013, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by guek

You know that nintendo is having public perception problems when people can't bring themselves to get excited for impending new games anymore. Man, I hope this delivers.

the only way this Delivers is if most of the games and services come before E3, or Nintendo has looked at Sales and hate the dive.

Media Create comes out tomorrow and people are expecting the Wii U to tank even lower
Coen
(01-22-2013, 04:18 PM)
Everybody loves Nintendo Directs. Everbody loves Iwata Asks. Here's an idea Nintendo: mini documentaries on game development, behind the scenes, short interviews, all in an hour long video about a specific game or system. Do it!
Codeblue
(01-22-2013, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

It makes me sad that Sunshine is impossible to pull off on the Wii U due to the lack of analog triggers. I really want to give that game another shot.

They need to announce a GCN Pro Controller.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(01-22-2013, 04:20 PM)
Revelations will look great in HD but I do believe the 360 PS3 tags from the little we have seen in rumors
Mit-
(01-22-2013, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Andrex

I'm curious how GC VC will be possible, since many GC games weren't shy about using the analog triggers and the GamePad/Protroller doesn't have them.

No Gamecube games on a virtual console ever.

Problem solved.

Maybe they'll do full disc-releases though. And then pick all the same games that were updated for Wii--ie: no Wind Waker/Mario Sunshine.
ugoo18

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

This seems to be a very real possibility but it is low on my want list if at all I did not buy the 3DS version since I got tired of buying Horror games that I am too chicken to play

Capcom already announced that.
ohlawd
more The Wonderful 101 footage and actual Bayonetta 2 gameplay plssss
bluehat9
(01-22-2013, 04:22 PM)
It'll be great if its a Nintendo Direct to announce delays.

"You've all been waiting for a Pikmin release date. Well here it is! November 2, 2013! ARE YOU HYPED?"

I'll be happy with some kind of Mario sports title being announced (preferably a golf or a new strikers), but I doubt we'll get even that.
Diddy Kong

Originally Posted by grimshawish

Oh I want to see more but we already sort of expect that.
Never played Bayo 1 so am not that hyped for it - just that its a big deal. Might pick up the first game for 360 cheap or something, we'll see.

That's what I did. Do it. You won't regret it :)
gamergirly
Y

E

S

/About Time

Revelations will look great in HD but I do believe the 360 PS3 tags from the little we have seen in rumors

It was great on 3DS. Should be even better on the Wii U :P
Kouriozan
(01-22-2013, 04:25 PM)
After the POKEMEGATON, this ND has to deliver.
Come on Iwata, you can do it! :)
Last edited by Kouriozan; 01-22-2013 at 04:31 PM.
guek

the only way this Delivers is if most of the games and services come before E3, or Nintendo has looked at Sales and hate the dive.

Media Create comes out tomorrow and people are expecting the Wii U to tank even lower

That's not true at all. Wii U is softening pretty badly right now but much like the 3DS, having titles to look forward to in the future will give us a rough idea of when things will pick up. Accomplishing that would be enough for it to deliver for me.
TheCongressman1
I hope they show actual new games. I don't want to see more Pikmin. Just release that game already. I don't want to see Warioware, I already saw it. No Panorama, no Wii fit, no ports.

Show new games.
Gahiggidy
My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
(01-22-2013, 04:26 PM)
Sux that its at 9am eastern. I'm in the shower and driving to work at that time. (How is Reggie and Friends doing this at 6am on the west coast?)
73V3N
(01-22-2013, 04:27 PM)
Man, The World Ends With U is gonna be awesome
VICI0US
about time.

I realize they we're probably trying to avoid a 3DS type situation where they reveal/hype games that don't end up actually releasing for years down the road but completely ignoring anything beyond the first 4-5 months of the wii-u's release schedule for this long was a bad move took things way too far in the opposite end of the spectrum.

people need to know about a bit about a platform's future to feel safe investing in it.

now bring on the games.

here's hoping we see what retro's been up to.
IceDoesntHelp

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

I hope they show actual new games. I don't want to see more Pikmin. Just release that game already. I don't want to see Warioware, I already saw it. No Panorama, no Wii fit, no ports.

Show new games.

You will get Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate Edition, and you'll like it.
Aostia
(01-22-2013, 04:30 PM)

I dunno. With these things I always keep my expectations to an absolute minimum. Every once in awhile Nintendo will curve ball with some friggen sweet announcement. Sometimes short and snappy. Sometimes with a surprising amount of discussion/footage. But they're so historically schizophrenic with time management that Iwata standing there mumbling about some series' history, followed by a 'brief' sizzle reel of known Wii U titles, leaving a third of the allocated time left to discuss something actually new, would not be out of the ordinary.

This is especially true if Nintendo has forged any partnerships to publish third party titles only announced for other systems. Which, as I always say, is no interest to me. If Nintendo is going to talk about new Wii U stuff, I want it to be stuff that helps define the console for me. That means exclusives, or definitive versions of console exclusive titles.

I agree with the schizophrenic definition of their Directs.
Sometimes we gt HUGE announcment (as Pokemon or New Mario 2, or 3DSXLL), sometime great unexpected surprises (Bayonetta), sometimes expected but still not official sweet confirmations (as CoD), sometimes sweet footages of known projects (Pikmin), sometimes just boring footage of known projects (Wario)

But I'm not sure that Nintendo will publish the Wii U version of a multiplatform title...also Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper was "an exclusive", let's say...

Btwm I don't think that they'll discuss deeply about ResiRevHD tomorrow...but they could disappoint us in many other way! :D
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
Erm, I am definitely not hyped for this Direct.
PhoReal

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Hey, I want that.
lamaroo
(01-22-2013, 04:31 PM)
My first Nintendo Direct on GAF. Time to get hyped!

Followed by disappointment.
ozfunghi
(01-22-2013, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Khrno

I know you have them, but we all know people are lazy and don't like to click links :p

Damn straight!

Now refresh the page for me... *Homer voice*... Do iiiiiiit!
TheCongressman1
(01-22-2013, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Okay. :(