• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

luffeN

London, UK. — January 22nd, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Resident Evil™ Revelations will release at retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows® PC and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console across North America on May 21st and Europe on May 24th 2013. The title will also be available to download digitally from the same dates on PlayStation®3 for €49.99 and Windows®PC for €39.99 with details on digital versions for Xbox 360® and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console to follow.

Complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience, the fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS™ system returns redefined for home consoles. Furthermore, the home console version will deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player, taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst levelling up characters and earning weapon upgrades.

The critically acclaimed survival horror title takes players back to the events that took place between Resident Evil™ 4 and Resident Evil™ 5 and reveals the truth about the T-Abyss virus. Resident Evil Revelations features series favourites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, plus respective BSAA partners – Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat. The action begins on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, the ‘Queen Zenobia’, where horrors lurk around every corner, before players head for the mainland and the devastated city of Terragrigia. With limited ammo and weapons available the race is on to survive the horror of Resident Evil Revelations.

Resident Evil Revelations will take full advantage of Residentevil.net with content available to users once the game launches. Players can pre-register on the service from January 24th to gain early access to Resident Evil Revelations themed content with further information about online events to be revealed closer to launch.

CAPCOM CONFIRMS RESIDENT EVIL™ REVELATIONS FOR HOME CONSOLE RELEASE IN MAY 2013

London, UK. — January 22nd, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Resident Evil™ Revelations will release at retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows® PC and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console across North America on May 21st and Europe on May 24th 2013. The title will also be available to download digitally from the same dates on PlayStation®3 for €49.99 and Windows®PC for €39.99 with details on digital versions for Xbox 360® and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console to follow.

Complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience, the fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS™ system returns redefined for home consoles. Furthermore, the home console version will deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player, taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst levelling up characters and earning weapon upgrades.

The critically acclaimed survival horror title takes players back to the events that took place between Resident Evil™ 4 and Resident Evil™ 5 and reveals the truth about the T-Abyss virus. Resident Evil Revelations features series favourites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, plus respective BSAA partners – Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat. The action begins on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, the ‘Queen Zenobia’, where horrors lurk around every corner, before players head for the mainland and the devastated city of Terragrigia. With limited ammo and weapons available the race is on to survive the horror of Resident Evil Revelations.

Resident Evil Revelations will take full advantage of Residentevil.net with content available to users once the game launches. Players can pre-register on the service from January 24th to gain early access to Resident Evil Revelations themed content with further information about online events to be revealed closer to launch.

Trailer:

http://youtu.be/PM2eTNws1D0

Into

I am glad there is a Wii U version, was getting worried

Will get it after it goes down in price on the PS3, its a bit pricey and i already own the 3DS game.

I am very happy there will be a retail version, i want the box (i am one of those weirdos)

Sid

Nice! not much extra stuff added though according to their PR.I don't have to buy a 3DS now,thx Capcom.

Wow, that price. That's sad. WTG Capcom.

Revelations is actually not a half-bad game, either. It's no RE2, but it's a good mix of old RE feeling with new RE mechanics.

Then again: Capcom originally tried to sell Revelations at a higher-than-normal 3DS retail price because "it came on a higher capacity SD card" or some reasoning like that.

Glad to see that it's coming to Wii U (I honestly feared Capcom might not be supporting the platform at all with anything commercially relevant outside Japan), but a $50 retail title? WTF?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
PC Support? Very Nice. This has been what I've been waiting for after I played RE Revelations for the first time on my 3ds, constantly thinking "I wish this was on a bigger screen". Soon I can live the dream.

Ohh that is a pinch too expensive for this. Still i enjoyed the 3DS release and may pick up for the WiiU. Perhaps not right away at that price though.

full retail price more or less in the UK looking at that and thinking about it, wonder how much of an overhull they have done to raise the visuals and add things in.

Price aside, here's the real megaton for RE fans:

FoneBone

Retail? Seriously?

I enjoyed the original version and all, but it's still very obviously a low-budget effort relative to the mainline games, and I'm not sure they'll have much success charging that price for it.

If the performance holds up then I recommend the WiiU to everyone. The screen will come in handy seeing as it was developed to use the gyroscope in conjunction with the screen.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Worth a rental I guess! Might've gone further for a Vita version but er, Capcom is entirely allergic to that platform from now it seems!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Guys, they sold RE6 and RE:OC for $60, and Revelations is twice the games of those two combined (even if it is a 3DS port).

Mael

There's a WiiU version?
My interest went from none to something, still low but it's better than nothing!

Top Bottom