• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(01-23-2013, 03:05 PM)
Seraphis Cain's Avatar

Originally Posted by params7

Meh so free fast travels now to any part of the map? =/ Don't like that. But other than its sounding good.

Where does it say that? All I see is "free unlimited Ferrystones". And Ferrystones were barely an issue to begin with. Portcrystals were the real impediment to fast traveling everywhere, and it doesn't say anything about giving you any of those.
Deified Data
(01-23-2013, 03:05 PM)
Deified Data's Avatar
2012's GOTY keeps getting better. Can't wait.
thefil
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:07 PM)
thefil's Avatar
Question: Is Dragon's Dogma more grind/loot oriented ala Monster Hunter, or progress-oriented like Dark Souls?

Either way, I like this new slow/methodical 3D combat genre.
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:08 PM)
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain

Where does it say that? All I see is "free unlimited Ferrystones". And Ferrystones were barely an issue to begin with. Portcrystals were the real impediment to fast traveling everywhere, and it doesn't say anything about giving you any of those.

It does say "easier travel," but has been elaborated upon. One would assume an easier fast travel system.
UrbanRats
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:16 PM)
UrbanRats's Avatar
Sounds fantastic, i'll wait for a good price, i think.
emag
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:18 PM)
emag's Avatar

Originally Posted by thefil

Question: Is Dragon's Dogma more grind/loot oriented ala Monster Hunter, or progress-oriented like Dark Souls?

Either way, I like this new slow/methodical 3D combat genre.

It's more awesome combat oriented like Devil May Cry. There's zero reason to grind and most of the world is open from the start.
ttk
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:20 PM)
I was actually going to pick up Dragon's Dogma after work today.
Bullet dodged! Might as well wait for this.
I'll buy Sleeping Dogs instead.
Grimsen
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:21 PM)
Grimsen's Avatar

Originally Posted by ttk

I was actually going to pick up Dragon's Dogma after work today.
Bullet dodged! Might as well wait for this.
I'll buy Sleeping Dogs instead.

You have good taste.
An-Det
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:21 PM)
Looks awesome, it's nice to see a meaty expansion these days, will be great to play the game and expansion together when I finally get the game. How does this work if you bought some dlc for the first game? Will it be compatible since this includes the original game with some changes, or are all the original dlc (like the From a Different Sky line) built into the release?

Shame about no expansion-only option though, that's a missed opportunity.
ironcreed
Banned
(01-23-2013, 03:23 PM)
ironcreed's Avatar

Originally Posted by thefil

Japan has really taken the Western fantasy style and made it its own. Souls/Dogma taking it home.

Amen to this. The Japanese take on western themes is far more appealing to me than what comes out of the west. There is just this unmistakable vibe that I love.
Devilgunman
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:23 PM)
Devilgunman's Avatar
So this is Capcom pulling off "Super Ultimate Arcade" shenanigan again. Luckily I have waited.
ironcreed
Banned
(01-23-2013, 03:25 PM)
ironcreed's Avatar
Maybe it's just me, but I think $40.00 for the full game with a meaty expansion is a pretty good deal. A good way to get new people on board as well.
Augemitbutter
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:27 PM)
Augemitbutter's Avatar
yea, £19.99 is a steal.
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:28 PM)
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by ironcreed

Maybe it's just me, but I think $40.00 for the full game with a meaty expansion is a pretty good deal. A good way to get new people on board as well.

It absolutely is, but it leaves those of us that already own DD hanging. I'd rather not buy the game again for $40 just to access the expansion.
Jawmuncher
(01-23-2013, 03:29 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Glad I waited. Will pick this up when it comes out.
Violater
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:30 PM)
Violater's Avatar
Never played the first game, how does it compare to Dark Souls?
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:33 PM)
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by Violater

Never played the first game, how does it compare to Dark Souls?

It's different. The combat is less methodical and deliberate and much more fast paced and arcade-like and has a feature where you climb larger enemies. It's also more one large open world and less series of connected areas.
ironcreed
Banned
(01-23-2013, 03:35 PM)
ironcreed's Avatar

Originally Posted by eLZhi

It absolutely is, but it leaves those of us that already own DD hanging. I'd rather not buy the game again for $40 just to access the expansion.

I hear you, I own it as well and think there should be an option to just download the content for say, $15.00. But I love this game so much that I don't care. I'll gladly buy it again just to support it and enjoy the new content.
Last edited by ironcreed; 01-23-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Violater
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:38 PM)
Violater's Avatar

Originally Posted by eLZhi

It's different. The combat is less methodical and deliberate and much more fast paced and arcade-like and has a feature where you climb larger enemies. It's also more one large open world and less series of connected areas.

Ok thanks, I will look at some youtube vids to get a better idea.
AHA-Lambda
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:40 PM)
AHA-Lambda's Avatar
Well I've got £25 in my PSN wallet and haven't played the first game, plus this was recommended to me in another thread :)

Once again the lesson here is never buy a Capcom game day one
Defuser
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:41 PM)
Defuser's Avatar
That Bigass demon looks like the Maneater from Demon's Souls.
BruceLeeRoy
(01-23-2013, 03:53 PM)
BruceLeeRoy's Avatar
I'm so torn on this game. There is some things I love about it but the pendulum swings into the hate territory pretty dang often.
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:54 PM)
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by Violater

Ok thanks, I will look at some youtube vids to get a better idea.

Yeah look into it. It's a ridiculously fun game and was one of my 2012 GotY titles.
AgentP
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:55 PM)
AgentP's Avatar
Day 1, I sold my disc after completing it and miss it. I hope my save work fine with the DD version.
Loxley
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:55 PM)
Loxley's Avatar
Oh hell yes.
Augemitbutter
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:56 PM)
Augemitbutter's Avatar
i finished "hard mode" just a few days ago and already miss playing it :p
Grisby
Member
(01-23-2013, 03:58 PM)
Grisby's Avatar
Yes. Yesssss. I will be buying this. Probably the disc version.
2San
Member
(01-23-2013, 04:07 PM)
2San's Avatar

Originally Posted by ironcreed

I hear you, I own it as well and think there should be an option to just download the content for say, $15.00. But I love this game so much that I don't care. I'll gladly buy it again just to support it and enjoy the new content.

If the content really is as meaty as it seems. 15 dollars is low balling it.
Kade
Member
(01-23-2013, 04:14 PM)
Kade's Avatar
From what I'm gathering, this is basically a relaunch of Dragon's Dogma in the same vein as the Prepare to Die/Artorias of The Abyss Edition of Dark Souls? I traded the game in a while ago and had a copy on hold at a local game store but now I think I might just wait for Dark Arisen if that's the case.
ironcreed
Banned
(01-23-2013, 04:17 PM)
ironcreed's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2San

If the content really is as meaty as it seems. 15 dollars is low balling it.

Well, they are charging $40.00 for the full game and the expansion, so it makes sense. Probably more sense at $20.00. But whatever, I just cannot wait to play it.
Augemitbutter
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:29 PM)
Augemitbutter's Avatar

Originally Posted by dygiT

From what I'm gathering, this is basically a relaunch of Dragon's Dogma in the same vein as the Prepare to Die/Artorias of The Abyss Edition of Dark Souls? I traded the game in a while ago and had a copy on hold at a local game store but now I think I might just wait for Dark Arisen if that's the case.

it is. just with more features.
miladesn
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:33 PM)
miladesn's Avatar
not sure if I understand, so Dark Arisen content are part of the regular story mode in Dragon's Dogma? just added to it? and not a separate mode?
sublimit
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:39 PM)
sublimit's Avatar

April 26: PlayStation 3 both disc and digital versions, with the digital version priced at Ä29.99/£19.99

I am confused. Does this mean that the DLC/expansion will be 30 euros or is the main game also included in this price?

If it's the later this means i'll have to pay a lot more for something that i already have (and paid in full price). And i won't.
Pookmunki
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:40 PM)
Pookmunki's Avatar
I'm annoyed that it sounds like there is no option for it to be DLC only but:

"For those who already own Dragonís Dogma and then purchase Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game."

Why would they mention this if not? As if people would still play vanilla?
Onion_Relish
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:45 PM)
Onion_Relish's Avatar
Did they fix the framerate? If so I'm in.
Akainu
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
Akainu's Avatar
I had to cut it off when I say a bunch of faces. So dead and lifeless.
Last edited by Akainu; 01-23-2013 at 08:49 PM.
sublimit
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:46 PM)
sublimit's Avatar
Capcom are being shady as usual.
rockx4
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:47 PM)
rockx4's Avatar
I'm starting to think Dark Arisen is a stand alone expansion... no main game included.

Edit: Guess not "All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus…". So no dlc only purchase?
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:47 PM)
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by Akainu

I hate to cut it off when I say a bunch of faces. So dead and lifeless.

What?

Originally Posted by rockx4

I'm starting to think Dark Arisen is a stand alone expansion... no main game included.

They clearly state Dark Arisen includes all the content from the original release.
rockx4
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:50 PM)
rockx4's Avatar
It's kind of ridiculous if there's no expansion only dlc, and we're forced to buy this new "complete edition". I'll wait for a huge price drop if so.
sublimit
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:52 PM)
sublimit's Avatar

Originally Posted by rockx4

It's kind of ridiculous if there's no expansion only dlc, and we're forced to buy this new "complete edition". I'll wait for a huge price drop if so.

Same.
Which is awful since this was my GOTY. But i can't stand being treated as an idiot by greedy publishers. :(
rockx4
Member
(01-23-2013, 07:55 PM)
rockx4's Avatar

Originally Posted by sublimit

Same.
Which is awful since this was my GOTY. But i can't stand being treated as an idiot by greedy publishers. :(

Yep, Capcom released a game which I greatly enjoyed, but they still managed to find a way to greatly disappoint.
GuitarAtomik
Member
(01-23-2013, 08:37 PM)
GuitarAtomik's Avatar
Aww yeah! Sounds hot. I still wish they'd release a PC version but then I wouldn't be able to import my character. I'm just glad they're moving ahead with the franchise since it has a LOT of potential despite being flawed in a lot of places as well.
Raptomex
Member
(01-23-2013, 08:41 PM)
Raptomex's Avatar
Really looking forward to this. Hope they release some form of complete edition.
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
Member
(01-23-2013, 08:48 PM)
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raptomex

Really looking forward to this. Hope they release some form of complete edition.

This is a complete edition. It's Dragon's Dogma plus Dark Arisen in one release. There is no separate Dark Arisen release.
Rickenslacker
Member
(01-23-2013, 08:49 PM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar
Well that's finally cleared up. Guess I'll wait for this to dive into Dragon's Dogma.
Strife91
Member
(01-23-2013, 09:06 PM)
Strife91's Avatar
They should have added multiplayer.
Raptomex
Member
(01-23-2013, 09:07 PM)
Raptomex's Avatar

Originally Posted by eLZhi

This is a complete edition. It's Dragon's Dogma plus Dark Arisen in one release. There is no separate Dark Arisen release.

Mind blown. I thought DA was going to be released as some form of digital download. Well I'm jumping all over this.
Decado
Member
(01-23-2013, 09:08 PM)
Somehow I got the impression that they are tweaking the whole campaign. Is this still the case? Any possibility for framerate/technical improvements etc.?
Raptomex
Member
(01-23-2013, 09:11 PM)
Raptomex's Avatar
So all the previous DLC is included as well?

Thread Tools