• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD being localized

botty

Banned
Kingdom Hearts fan here: You're actually wrong. Roxas actually merged back with Sora before he woke up from his sleep. Roxas had to or Sora wouldn't have been able to wake up. This is further explained in Days with the Roxas, Sora, Xion, conundrum.

I think he is being more specific about the actual "merge." To which, Roxas and Sora don't fully merge with each other until near the end of the game, particularly this scene.
You'll notice that the actually "merge" is very similar to the way Xion merged back with Sora, without the whole dying part...

Seda

Yeah, Proud Mode in FM was a step above Expert Mode from the US release. Doesn't help that Sora's overall stats were rebalanced to be lower than in the US release, either.

This is a good thing for me. Proud mode on the NTSC version isn't hard at all once you have a healing spell.

He really is. Makes sense, for Sora isn't as strong and faces him without
Riku

It's kinda weird how Unknown has moves that Xemnas doesn't bother to try until the Zebra Xemnas fight. When Sora fights regular Xemnas in KH2 he's mostly just got the wall, and the laser swords.

relevant:

bEG3xH1.jpg

Urgh I wish they used some restraint when putting this together. As much as I love the art itself, It's too busy, and reeks of a bunch of artwork being quickly slapped together. :/

It's kinda weird how Unknown has moves that Xemnas doesn't bother to try until the Zebra Xemnas fight. When Sora fights regular Xemnas in KH2 he's mostly just got the wall, and the laser swords.

I have played every KH game and I have no idea what this post means except laser swords.

That part makes perfect sense.

I have played every KH game and I have no idea what this post means except laser swords.

Xemnas in Final Mix uses moves that he only decides to use in his final boss fight in kh2. He doesnt use a lot of moves from Final Mix in his initial fight in kh2.

I think he is being more specific about the actual "merge." To which, Roxas and Sora don't fully merge with each other until near the end of the game, particularly this scene.
You'll notice that the actually "merge" is very similar to the way Xion merged back with Sora, without the whole dying part...
Well we were talking about power discrepancy, and Roxas merging with Sora at the beginning is what gave him his boost in power and turned kh2 in the press triangle for something awesome to happen game.

I loved the story of the first game, with just the heartless, no mystery characters in robes or any of that. Everything became all crazy afterwards. It's why it continues to be my favorite.

Oh, and dat Sephiroth fight. (Phantom was a fun one too.)

I loved the story of the first game, with just the heartless, no mystery characters in robes or any of that. Everything became all crazy afterwards. It's why it continues to be my favorite.

Oh, and dat Sephiroth fight. (Phantom was a fun one too.)
There was totally a mystery character in a robe in the first hour or two of the game!

Drago

Very happy to see this getting localized! Never really got into the series so this will be my proper introduction. I have the 3DS game but I didn't get too far in it.

Roubjon

Urgh I wish they used some restraint when putting this together. As much as I love the art itself, It's too busy, and reeks of a bunch of artwork being quickly slapped together. :/

Yeah I feel the same way man. It's a pretty weak over art compared to the others. Also, I can't get over that janky perspective with the black and white floor tile things. It just looks wrong.

Yeah I feel the same way man. It's a pretty weak over art compared to the others. Also, I can't get over that janky perspective with the black and white floor tile things. It just looks wrong.

Oh god yeah that floor looks tacky and cheap as all hell. They could have at least tried to add shadows or something to try and make it look less like a 5 minute photoshop-butcher job, but no.

I can only hope that the NA cover will be different and not "let's take a bunch of nice Nomura art, frankenstein them together and go crazy with retarded effects."

EDIT:

This game might be a perfect candidate for neogaf's custom cover art thread. The more I look at that official cover, the more disgusting it looks, despite my love for Nomura's style.

Stark

Banned

Good on you for having Xion in your avatar.

Famassu

So, anyone want to guess what some of the trophies will be? Just for fun.

There'll definitely be trophies for each of the Colosseum tournaments... maybe even for Sephiroth?
Nomura has said they were at least thinking of some "speed-related" trophies or something, so either a whole speed run trophy or several "beat boss X within 5 minutes" trophies or similar.

Wow. This thread sure did get super creepy.

Edit:
Nomura has said they were at least thinking of some "speed-related" trophies or something, so either a whole speed run trophy or several "beat boss X within 5 minutes" trophies or similar.

I just hope there'll be a platinum for watching 358/2 Days. It'd be hilarious.

I'm really liking the cover, so hoping that stays the same with the US release. Never realized it before on the soundtrack because I hadn't seen the series, but that cover with Sora on the throne really reminds me a lot of Game of Thrones with the iron throne.

I've never been one to care much for trophies on the PS3 as I did achievements on the 360, but I have a feeling this game is going to make me want to complete them all. Can't wait to get this game in my hands.

Famassu

I just hope there'll be a platinum for watching 358/2 Days. It'd be hilarious.
It'll probably be the same as that mini-game collection in Sly Trilogy HD, so no platinum trophy, just 100%. I'd like to be wrong, the easiest platinum ever?

I'm really liking the cover, so hoping that stays the same with the US release. Never realized it before on the soundtrack because I hadn't seen the series, but that cover with Sora on the throne really reminds me a lot of Game of Thrones with the iron throne.
The original similar Sora-art didn't have the Game of Thrones/ASOIAF inspired throne.

Narolf

Banned

He is saying Unknown feels like the superior Xemnas, even though the latter is supposed to be stronger in KH2.

For those following the series....has Sora banged Kairi yet?

Or is it just heavily implied?

Youngness aside, platonic love man... sex cannot be pure yo. There is already no sex in Final Fantasy, barring the two gimmicks in FFVII. There will be none in Versus either. Why would there be in Kingdom Hearts then?

Narolf

Banned
Did it degrade into something completely awful?

I thought it was pretty decent with the last KH game I played....which was the second one.

It's deemed to be stupid because Sora and Riku end up loving each other even though they were rivals for Kairi in the first place, in KH1.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I knew this thread will end with fan art and fan fics.

Vashetti

Banned
Does anyone know if Square are doing this collection in 720p or 1080p?

Final Fantasy XIII upscaled to 1080p if I remember on the PS3.

In KH3D they tell you who was the mysterious hooded character in the first KH. :D

lol that was totally dumb. In KH1
It's fairly obvious that it was that game's ansem/xehanort's heartless. It's even billy zane's voice! And it's such an easy literary thing to have the main villain show up and drop cryptic shit at the beginning. But because he didn't introduce himself, they totally retcon it into being someone else in a future game.

RPGCrazied

Kids are too old for Kingdom Hearts. No really, I was playing KH1 a couple of months ago and my little cousin dismissed because it had Disney. My cousin is only 7.

You are never too old for something. I'm 35 and love everything Kingdom Hearts. Sure the story is way out there though.

lol that was totally dumb. In KH1
It's fairly obvious that it was that game's ansem/xehanort's heartless. It's even billy zane's voice! And it's such an easy literary thing to have the main villain show up and drop cryptic shit at the beginning. But because he didn't introduce himself, they totally retcon it into being someone else in a future game.

Ok is my memory shit but in 3D
it still is xehanort's heartless. The only thing they changed about it was him being able to time travel to the past to meet young Xehanort but the identity didn't change at all.

Wow, this thread got unnecessarily weird.

Yeah, in the trailer KH1 looked smooth for the most part, but Re:Chain of Memories had some pretty wild frame drops. Hope that gets fixed.

It doesn't even make sense considering CoM fights are in a small flat space usually with 1 enemy on screen in the trailer. It's ridicilous.

ffdgh

Color me surprised. Can't wait to finally get a chance to fight HM. Now gimmie the caven of rememberance and data battles....in about 5+ years.

Top Bottom