• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Famassu
(01-25-2013, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by botty

2 hours and 50 minutes of Roxas' face and Jesse's voice.

And I think this means it might be coming by the end of the year.

Uhh... it will be released way earlier than that. If they are localizing it even before the Japanese release, I'd expect it to not take more than 1-3 months to be brought over. The only games that have taken any longer than that are ones that have had additions & re-balancing done to them (KH1 & BBS, basically).
Last edited by Famassu; 01-25-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(01-25-2013, 08:24 AM)

Originally Posted by zeopower6

Jesse McCartney is staying relevant! lol

Originally Posted by idlethreats

Jesse McCartney still getting work in 2013. Well good for him. :-P

Erm, he's been first Robin/Nightwing in Young Justice for over two years now...
Stark
(01-25-2013, 08:31 AM)

Originally Posted by kisaya

Ewww @ Xion though, meh. I guess she has to be relevant this time >_>

You can go die in a corner. Of course she has to grace the cover. Otherwise, the boxart would be deemed awful. >:
Last edited by Stark; 01-25-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Inorigo
Banned
(01-25-2013, 09:21 AM)
Posted?

Edit: NVM.

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

Yes and it's beautiful.

It is!
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(01-25-2013, 09:22 AM)
Yes and it's beautiful.
RadioHeadAche
(01-25-2013, 09:28 AM)

Originally Posted by RPGCrazied

I hope this has a collectors edition. I don't think any HD game set has?

Both Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid HD collections had a limited edition.
Inorigo
Banned
(01-25-2013, 09:31 AM)

Originally Posted by RadioHeadAche

Both Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid HD collections had a limited edition.

And were published by Konami.
Electivirus
(01-25-2013, 09:39 AM)
Unf, that boxart. Gotta love that Nomura art. <3
Tiu Neo
(01-25-2013, 09:41 AM)
Final Mix in english? Day one for me. Cannot wait for 2.5 too, I hope it has BbS HD.

Originally Posted by Seda

relevant:

Great cover, would love if we got it to.
Bladenic
(01-25-2013, 09:48 AM)
Kairi looks so fetishy on that cover art.
Esura
Banned
(01-25-2013, 09:54 AM)

relevant:

Sora looks like such a boss on that cover.

I bet you we gonna get a lame ass cover for NA as always. :(
RadioHeadAche
(01-25-2013, 10:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Inorigo

And were published by Konami.

I was responding to their question regarding collector's editions of HD re-releases. I know they're Konami games, I was just listing the two games I remember receiving a collector's edition outside of Japan.
Black Republican
water to wine
the drink exchanger
(01-25-2013, 10:14 AM)
the only Kingdom hearts i completed was the 1st one, BBS would've been if it was on PSN or i still had my PSP.

Played DDD but wasnt feeling it much.
Protocol7
(01-25-2013, 10:27 AM)
Good news ^^
Not as enthusiastic about the cover as you guys are, but it's ok I guess... ^^;
Famassu
(01-25-2013, 10:59 AM)
I guess someone is a Game of Thrones/ASOIAF fan. :)
Paddington Bear
(01-25-2013, 11:25 AM)

McCartney removed all of his pictures/tweets/videos relating to this leak. Oops.

It was a recording mic which a clear picture of a Days cutscene on a tv in the background

edit:

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tiu Neo

Final Mix in english? Day one for me. Cannot wait for 2.5 too, I hope it has BbS HD.

I think BBS will be the 0.5 remix release

:p... I'm kidding but I hope I didn't give them any ideas O_o
Schadenfreude
(01-25-2013, 11:38 AM)
Aww yeah. I'll be there day one.
RPGCrazied
(01-25-2013, 01:13 PM)

relevant:

That's one hot cover. I sure hope NA gets this.
Dr Dogg
(01-25-2013, 01:32 PM)
Yeah you might think the cover looks sweet but wait until Sony Europe go stick their branding all over it.

Artistic impression obviously but you know it's going to look like this. Sorry for the bad shop but it is lunch time after all.
Last edited by Dr Dogg; 01-25-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Paddington Bear
(01-25-2013, 01:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

Yeah you might think the cover looks sweet but wait until Sony Europe go stick there branding all over it.

Artistic impression obviously but you know it's going to look like this. Sorry for the bad shop but it is lunch time after all.

Wow man, that is scary accurate.... Hope it doesn't turn out that way haha
Andrefpvs
(01-25-2013, 02:30 PM)

relevant:

Beautiful. I want it.

I hope there's none of that Classics HD BS in Europe.
Kagari
Super Mode
(01-25-2013, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by RPGCrazied

That's one hot cover. I sure hope NA gets this.

It seems likely, especially after the last few KH covers for NA.
Seven Force
(01-25-2013, 03:21 PM)
I was actually expecting the past covers for the included in the collection to just be slapped on. Wasn't expecting another hand drawn Nomura cover, nice.
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 03:22 PM)
Artwork is still not as good and detailed as this one.

KH remains best Nomura's work after Dissidia and Parasite Eve in my book. Wish he kept on providing such art for mainline FF entries.
Last edited by Narolf; 01-25-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Andrefpvs
(01-25-2013, 03:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Seven Force

I was actually expecting the past covers for the included in the collection to just be slapped on. Wasn't expecting another hand drawn Nomura cover, nice.

They seem to be treating this collection with a lot of care and respect, so I wasn't surprised we got a proper cover.
Paddington Bear
(01-25-2013, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Narolf

KH remains best Nomura's work after Dissidia and Parasite Eve in my book. Wish he kept on providing such art for mainline FF entries.

His stuff is my favorite for sure. His linework is amazing
Kagari
Super Mode
(01-25-2013, 05:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Andrefpvs

They seem to be treating this collection with a lot of care and respect, so I wasn't surprised we got a proper cover.

I'm glad. The last thing we need is another half-done HD remaster like ZoE or Silent Hill.
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Paddington Bear

His stuff is my favorite for sure. His linework is amazing

Some people will tell you he is an excellent drawer while being a terrible designer (belts, zipper, etc.) altogether. I enjoy him for both.
Last edited by Narolf; 01-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.
fvng
(01-25-2013, 06:02 PM)
Any mirror for the image from the first link that is no longer there?
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 06:03 PM)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=233
RPG_Fanatic
(01-25-2013, 06:04 PM)
As much as I want to try out the final mix version of kingdom hearts, $30 is going to be the limit of what I will pay. The Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix additions aren't as extensive as Kingdom Heart 2's Final Mix.
daripad
(01-25-2013, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Tiu Neo

Dream Drop Distance got the Japanese cover in America so I would expect the same for this collection
peronmls
(01-25-2013, 06:15 PM)
Only thing that I'm not excited for is the Texture color changes on the enemies. I absolutely hate it!!! The Guard Armor Color is Red, Blue White, and Yellow instead of Black and Purple.

KH1

KH1FM

HATE IT!
fvng
(01-25-2013, 06:15 PM)

There is nothing I want more than for Nomura to keep his hands off the FF series (RE:character design)
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 06:16 PM)
Who would replace him then? Amano?
friz898
(01-25-2013, 06:22 PM)
What if I wasn't too sure about how bad I wanted to day 1 this...and my thinking in list format was:

1. First KH game was BbS for PSP. Absolutely loved it. The fan service, aka Disney was "ok"...the story was "ya sure whatever" but the gameplay, leveling up, and etc were all perfect! Finished this game of course.

2. Figured DDD would be my second ever KH game. But as it neared, the trailers continued to do little for me. (maybe the story is not mature/serious enough for me? I have no clue) and then downloaded the demo, and wasn't sucked it at all. Zero. It's not even on a "to play eventually list"

3. But huge Square loyalist. Do enjoy Disney like any other American. And figure KH 1 will suck me into the series because it has the most Disney "original" stars like Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. Also it will be the beginning.

4. But worried...this is KH 1, and most likely the most simple of gameplay/mechanics/level and battle system of all the games, and that was why I finished BbS.

Can I get a few opinions GAF? This will be KH's last attempt for me, or I'll shut the door on the series. Which is painful since all Square has that I want is lacking release dates, or 100% localization confirmations at the moment. (BD:FF, DQ 7, DQ 10, FF 10, FF T-0).

(As a side question, why in the world did I love BbS, but not even looking to get DDD "eventually" on the want list? Did I not give DDD a fair chance, or is/was it lacking something that I picked up on, but can't put my finger on?)

Edit: For clarification, I was a major gamer NES-PS1, skipped PS2 thanks to Everquest, College, and real life in general. Returned to console gaming 2007. So this is why skipped KH1 the first time.
Last edited by friz898; 01-25-2013 at 06:26 PM.
R10Neymarfan
Banned
(01-25-2013, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by peronmls

Only thing that I'm not excited for is the Texture color changes on the enemies. I absolutely hate it!!! The Guard Armor Color is Red, Blue White, and Yellow instead of Black and Purple.

KH1

KH1FM

HATE IT!

Maybe we'll get the ability to switch textures...probably not
Galang
(01-25-2013, 06:24 PM)
Box art looks great! I really love Sora wearing the crown, it's a nice touch on him.
Magnus
(01-25-2013, 06:26 PM)
Man, I'm never going to agree with GAF on box covers. That one up there is terrible. Too busy, too messy, and Sora looks stupid on the cover, and not emblematic of his role in the game or anything the game's about.

IMO

I want him swinging/wielding the key blade. I want the logo to pop a lot more, and so should Square. It's totally lost in there.
Paddington Bear
(01-25-2013, 06:26 PM)

Some people will tell you he is an excellent drawer while being a terrible designer (belts, zipper, etc.) altogether. I enjoy him for both.

While I understand that having zippers, etc. is seen as crazy... I friggin love that trash haha.
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by friz898

Can I get a few opinions GAF?

Only KH 1 is good, for it remains the closest to the good-nature of Disney. You would've thought the series would've become more mature afterwards by lying into the direction of Final Fantasy rather than Disney. But no.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1282
All what came next drifted into Narutoss' realms that I stopped taking the series seriously.
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 06:34 PM)

While I understand that having zippers, etc. is seen as crazy... I friggin love that trash haha.

Word. I love my androgynous heroes, as well. Best character-designer ever.
Paddington Bear
(01-25-2013, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by friz898

What if I wasn't too sure about how bad I wanted to day 1 this...and my thinking in list format was:

1. First KH game was BbS for PSP. Absolutely loved it. The fan service, aka Disney was "ok"...the story was "ya sure whatever" but the gameplay, leveling up, and etc were all perfect! Finished this game of course.

2. Figured DDD would be my second ever KH game. But as it neared, the trailers continued to do little for me. (maybe the story is not mature/serious enough for me? I have no clue) and then downloaded the demo, and wasn't sucked it at all. Zero. It's not even on a "to play eventually list"

3. But huge Square loyalist. Do enjoy Disney like any other American. And figure KH 1 will suck me into the series because it has the most Disney "original" stars like Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. Also it will be the beginning.

4. But worried...this is KH 1, and most likely the most simple of gameplay/mechanics/level and battle system of all the games, and that was why I finished BbS.

Can I get a few opinions GAF? This will be KH's last attempt for me, or I'll shut the door on the series. Which is painful since all Square has that I want is lacking release dates, or 100% localization confirmations at the moment. (BD:FF, DQ 7, DQ 10, FF 10, FF T-0).

(As a side question, why in the world did I love BbS, but not even looking to get DDD "eventually" on the want list? Did I not give DDD a fair chance, or is/was it lacking something that I picked up on, but can't put my finger on?)

Edit: For clarification, I was a major gamer NES-PS1, skipped PS2 thanks to Everquest, College, and real life in general. Returned to console gaming 2007. So this is why skipped KH1 the first time.

1. Well done, BBS is amazing. The leveling is super deep and fun.
2. If you have a 3DS, give kh3d a try, it is deep and pretty cool. But...
4. Not before you play KH1... In fact, if you did them in order you'd be pleased I think. KH1 has a great story and great fan service. I guess you could say that the leveling system isn't as deep as BBS but that is because you don't have commands like BBS... The games get progressively deeper. However, that isn't to say KH1 isn't fun to level up in.

Ultimately I'd say try it. If you don't like it, then you probably shouldn't play the series as KH1 is the most defining and acclaimed title.

Word. I love my androgynous heroes, as well. Best character-designer ever.

Holy crap how did it take me this long to meet you?
Dr Dogg
(01-25-2013, 06:38 PM)

But Donald's got a zipper on his hat. It doesn't do anything. Why?
Seven Force
(01-25-2013, 06:38 PM)

Originally Posted by peronmls

KH1

KH1FM

HATE IT!

It's hit & miss for me. Guard Armor's color swap is terrible, whereas Phantom's...

KH1

Final Mix

...is actually an improvement.
Paddington Bear
(01-25-2013, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Dr Dogg

But Donald's got a zipper on his hat. It doesn't do anything. Why?

These are the sort of questions you just have to learn not to ask
Jomjom
(01-25-2013, 06:40 PM)
And yet no localization announced for Type-0 or Bravely Default. I hate Square.
DarkLordMalik
(01-25-2013, 06:41 PM)
Wasn't the Japanese version confirmed to contain English voice-overs with Japanese text or Japanese voice-over with Japanese text. If this is the case, i highly doubt if we are going to see localization for this game.
Dr Dogg
(01-25-2013, 06:43 PM)

These are the sort of questions you just have to learn not to ask

Hahaha. Well I was scratching my head and had an Archimedes moment and concluded that's precisely what this one particular zipper is for. The rest? Hmmm...
Narolf
Banned
(01-25-2013, 06:44 PM)

Holy crap how did it take me this long to meet you?

Hey, there are more of us than you think. Some of them are just a bit shy.