• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary details from Polish magazine, showing back up next (this?) week

BibiMaghoo

Again that is because poorly designed maps right?

Yes, but ones designed for 8 players.

One game =/= every game

Agreed

That doesn't sound like maps designed for 8 players

Well, they were.

The problem only exists in team games. 4 players a side is to low. Standard DM with 8 players is fine.

I'm assuming this will have team based play, in which case I stand by that being to low, but would love to be proved wrong. This is the only Vita game other than FFX I'm waiting for.

DieH@rd

Banned
8 players is probably due to lack of vita owners.

ibotTtK8EMj8lY.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Again that is because poorly designed maps right?
Dude it's just not enough people. With 4 people per side that realistically only leves 3 people in action at any given moment.. Unless you just have a small square room with some boxes in the middle that shit is going to feel like a ghost town.

KAL2006

Banned
8 Player multiplayer is disappointing. I think I have given up on Vita having a full featured franchise game. By full feature I mean multiplayer with normal amount of players console version has. Co-op modes, full campaign that are not mission based. For example Uncharted was fine, but the lack of multiplayer in that when Uncharted 3 has full multiplayer, as well as co-op misssions, while Vita Uncharted got nothing. Now Killzone gets multiplayer that is only 4vs4. It is crazy that we still haven't seen a normal full featured multiplayer shooter on Vita. I remember when people were speculating Vita getting a full COD port, and now even that is a dream.

sajj316

8 Player multiplayer is disappointing. I think I have given up on Vita having a full featured franchise game. By full feature I mean multiplayer with normal amount of players console version has. Co-op modes, full campaign that are not mission based. For example Uncharted was fine, but the lack of multiplayer in that when Uncharted 3 has full multiplayer, as well as co-op misssions, while Vita Uncharted got nothing. Now Killzone gets multiplayer that is only 4vs4. It is crazy that we still haven't seen a normal full featured multiplayer shooter on Vita. I remember when people were speculating Vita getting a full COD port, and now even that is a dream.

Doesn't bother me that much. Remember, despite Sony's dumb marketing, it's still a handheld. As much as I want 8vs8 team multiplayer, I can deal with 4vs4 if the maps and modes are constructed well. If I want the full experience I can always play the PS3 version of Killzone 2, not 3 ;)

lol I don't see how so many hate on 8p mp. Sounds good for KZs style of MP (atleast the way I play it). It really does all come down to level design there.

My question is where are the spec-ops/co-op modes

Ugh 8 player online....

from vita thread Tomodachi:

na30rG5.jpg

I wanna see that trailer. Level/Weapon progression looks interesting

Apath

Is there a reason why EVERY Vita game only supports 4v4 multiplayer? This shit is ridiculous--Xbox supported 25v25 multiplayer, and the Vita can't even get 1/5 of that?

Iacobellis

Is there a reason why EVERY Vita game only supports 4v4 multiplayer? This shit is ridiculous--Xbox supported 25v25 multiplayer, and the Vita can't even get 1/5 of that?

Party Chat, I presume. Doesn't make sense to me though, you usually don't talk with people on the other team.

Fighting against Helghast AND ISA confirmed. Graphics look good as well. Is it just me or the video player, but there's some pretty obvious framerate changes between 60 & 30 in that vid? The more "indoor" section and when the dude says "against machines" and a ship goes past. Compare that against the scene with the big armoured dude just before it.

dEvAnGeL

Performance is all over place and edges aren't as smooth as the console games, but, well, obviously. Game looks beautiful, gameplay looks authentic Killzone.

keep in mind you're watching this on a computer screen so stretching the image of course it degrades it, if we can get that IQ on the final game i say we all win, it looks amazing

I started to make gifs and noticed that they were shooting out a lot of screens...and then I realized that it's because the trailer is running at 60fps.

keep in mind you're watching this on a computer screen so stretching the image of course it degrades it, if we can get that IQ on the final game i say we all win, it looks amazing

Even if it was that jaggy at release, it would still be the best looking portable game ever. Small screen can only help, I know.

Top Bottom