• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

waypoetic
Member
(01-28-2013, 10:27 AM)
waypoetic's Avatar
Oh man! Oh man oh god oh Man!

Cant wait for some new footage. And please dont be a Unit 13-knockoff!
Pachterballs
Banned
(01-28-2013, 10:29 AM)
Pachterballs's Avatar

Originally Posted by jgmo870

This?

wasn't so keen before.

DAY ONE.

that looks amazing
demolitio
Member
(01-28-2013, 10:50 AM)
demolitio's Avatar

Originally Posted by waypoetic

Oh man! Oh man oh god oh Man!

Cant wait for some new footage. And please dont be a Unit 13-knockoff!

I don't think we have to worry since Unit 13 seemed more like an attempt to have something ready for launch that shooter fans would enjoy while also being low budget compared to other games. It was almost like a shooter fix that also let Zipper and Sony test out ideas for a handheld game.

It could be similar in some ways, but they need this game to be bigger than that and to convince people to pick up a Vita which means there has to be a little more substance I think. I love Unit 13, but they need more for this game.
Zekra Dezivad
Member
(01-28-2013, 12:41 PM)
local multiplayer, PLEASE!
Iacobellis
Junior Member
(01-28-2013, 06:45 PM)
Iacobellis's Avatar

Originally Posted by RockmanWhore

All of this sounds too good to be true. There must be some compromise, I guess the game will run in super low res like most PS Vita games, and it will still look bad despite all the glorious textures, special effects and framerate.

It's being made by a first party. Uncharted looks better than most games out now and that was a day one launch title.
BigTnaples
Member
(01-28-2013, 09:15 PM)
BigTnaples's Avatar

Originally Posted by Musiol

6 hours maybe.

Both PS3 games took me longer than 6 hours to complete. Maybe if you play on easy...


Elite is no cake walk, and makes for fun and engaging battles without frustration. (minus Radec)


Also Killzone 1 was a MUCH beefier campaign.




Edit: Speaking of which they should totally sell an LE of this with Killzone 1 HD for Vita as a bonus. Would buy in a heartbeat.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(01-28-2013, 09:25 PM)
Teknoman's Avatar
Isnt Soul Sacrifice supposed to release in NA around March?

EDIT:
- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.


Thats what i'm talking about. As long as they dont overdo it on extra motion/touch features. Just use it if it actually adds to the fun factor/gives better control.
Iacobellis
Junior Member
(01-28-2013, 09:27 PM)
Iacobellis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Isnt Soul Sacrifice supposed to release in NA around March?

EDIT:
- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.


Thats what i'm talking about. As long as they dont overdo it on extra motion/touch features. Just use it if it actually adds to the fun factor/gives better control.

SS only comes out in March in Japan. I am hoping for an early summer release, like May/June. Resistance and Gravity Rush kept me fulfilled for most of the summer last year.
eighty(one)
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:43 AM)
eighty(one)'s Avatar
Very stoked for this.

Is it this week that the SCEA/SCEE arms of Sony will divulge info?

Apparently, some glossed over extractions from earlier in the thread, mentioned a release date is contained in the preview info?
Iacobellis
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 12:49 AM)
Iacobellis's Avatar

Originally Posted by eighty(one)

Very stoked for this.

Is it this week that the SCEA/SCEE arms of Sony will divulge info?

Apparently, some glossed over extractions from earlier in the thread, mentioned a release date is contained in the preview info?

I hope. A release date for before September will make me a very happy person.
rafbanaan
Member
(01-29-2013, 01:27 AM)
rafbanaan's Avatar
Oh, I'm so hyped for this one. Wait, I'm hyped for every Killzone, :lol.
Cornbread78
Member
(01-29-2013, 02:09 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
I can't wait to play a real FPS on my VITA!
Bades
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 02:35 AM)
Bades's Avatar
I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.
VanWinkle
Member
(01-29-2013, 02:42 AM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bades

I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.

Not really. The first time we saw it last E3 it looked very underwhelming.
Gadirok
Member
(01-29-2013, 02:42 AM)
Gadirok's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bades

I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.

The difference between this game and that game is that its not made by nihlistic. That should already give you an idea of the difference in quality.
Bades
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 02:49 AM)
Bades's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gadirok

The difference between this game and that game is that its not made by nihlistic. That should already give you an idea of the difference in quality.

I suppose, but this developer has never made a Vita game before, and their last handheld title was an underwhelming KZ: Liberation (albeit of a different genre).
VanWinkle
Member
(01-29-2013, 02:53 AM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bades

I suppose, but this developer has never made a Vita game before, and their last handheld title was an underwhelming KZ: Liberation (albeit of a different genre).

Their last game was LittleBigPlanet for PSP, which averaged 87/100. Guerilla made Liberation (and I don't know how you got underwhelming; it was very well loved); Cambridge, now a part of Guerilla, is making Killzone: Mercenary.
DiscoJer
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 02:55 AM)
DiscoJer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bades

I suppose, but this developer has never made a Vita game before, and their last handheld title was an underwhelming KZ: Liberation (albeit of a different genre).

Liberation is often considered to be the best Killzone game. Which might not be saying much, but...
nhlducks35
Member
(01-29-2013, 03:06 AM)
nhlducks35's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiscoJer

Liberation is often considered to be the best Killzone game. Which might not be saying much, but...

LOL by who?

Not saying it's a bad game, but still...
BigTnaples
Member
(01-29-2013, 03:15 AM)
BigTnaples's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiscoJer

Liberation is often considered to be the best Killzone game. Which might not be saying much, but...

lol wut?

I would say it is the worst KZ game.

Not saying its bad, its rather good.

KZ2>>>>KZ3>KZ1>KZL

Killzone 2 is one of the best FPS games of all time.

KZ3 was rushed, and not as polished, but still great.

KZ1 was buggy, and ran like shit, but also had the meatiest and most varied campaign.

KZL was a great game all around, but just is not as good as the main franchise IMO.
Byakuya769
Santa is Black
Jesus is too
I'll be goddamned
If I buy a WiiU
(01-29-2013, 03:24 AM)
Byakuya769's Avatar
Liberation was great. But it had some "fuck this shit, I quit" difficulty moments that hurt the experience.
Pylon_Trooper
Member
(01-29-2013, 03:24 AM)
Pylon_Trooper's Avatar
I won't have a bad word said about Killzone: Liberation, and the only downside to Killzone: Mercenary is that it isn't a Liberation 2.

Without a doubt, one of the finest multiplayer games you could ever hope to play. It dominated my ad-hoc multiplayer sessions with friends from release.

All-in on Airfield, so good. So many tactics. So many ruses. The remote mines under health-packs, hidden under bodies or deployed deftly using the isometric perspective. The brutal pistol. The Helghast AR with its knockdown. The M82 and its great range. The stA-11 SMG ballet between two players. The grenade herding into a ferocious M13 shelling.

Everything about Liberation was tip-top. Remains to this day my favourite multiplayer in the franchise.
jello44
Member
(01-29-2013, 03:33 AM)
jello44's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bades

I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.

I thought it was OK, but was probably rushed a bit too much to get out a FPS on the Vita to take advantage of the twin sticks. I think with a little more time it could have been polished a bit and been a much better experience...

...of course they also could have gotten a developer other than Nihilistic....
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(01-29-2013, 03:35 AM)
Father_Brain's Avatar

Originally Posted by Musiol

Just to clear things - there will be a lot of new information but for now - I can't write a thing. But believe - it's worth for waiting. I think that embargoes will go up somewhere around Wednesday.

Sony's "Game Day" isn't until Friday, so perhaps not.
eighty(one)
Member
(01-29-2013, 03:36 AM)
eighty(one)'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Father_Brain

Sony's "Game Day" isn't until Friday, so perhaps not.

We'll finally hear something on Friday, then?
Iacobellis
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 03:50 AM)
Iacobellis's Avatar
All I know is, Sony is starting the hype train early this year. Get your ticket ready, it's going to be a long ride!
Oshimai
Member
(01-29-2013, 04:04 AM)
Oshimai's Avatar
I really hope this game supports 16+ players online. The bullet-points on the OP is getting me hyped for the game and I really hope the devs can replicate the awesome hit reactions from the previous Killzone games on the PS3.

Originally Posted by Iacobellis

All I know is, Sony is starting the hype train early this year. Get your ticket ready, it's going to be a long ride!

Every time I read your name, I want fish tacos. Unfortunately not a lot of places sell 'em around my area.
Rated-Rsuperstar
Member
(01-29-2013, 10:38 AM)
Rated-Rsuperstar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oshimai

I really hope this game supports 16+ players online. The bullet-points on the OP is getting me hyped for the game and I really hope the devs can replicate the awesome hit reactions from the previous Killzone games on the PS3.



Every time I read your name, I want fish tacos. Unfortunately not a lot of places sell 'em around my area.

If Medal of Honor Heroes for the psp could have 32 player multiplayer in 2006 then Killzone can definitely support 16.
Ein Bear
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:04 AM)
Ein Bear's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bades

I'm just curious, was there much hype behind the Resistance: Burning Skies release? I got pretty excited for that only to be let down majorly. That was an absolutely terrible entry in an otherwise enjoyable series. Hopefully this second AAA FPS effort on the Vita proves better.

To be fair, I honestly thought that the core moving and shooting in Burning Skies felt really good. The game itself just suffered from some bland level design and serious bugs.

With some more time/money invested into it, it could have been so much better.
SolidSnakex
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:07 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by eighty(one)

We'll finally hear something on Friday, then?

Possibly, but it's worth remembering that Sony often puts an embargo on these events so that the previews are rushed out. So the media and previews could be held back until next week.
meta4
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 11:11 AM)
meta4's Avatar

Originally Posted by DiscoJer

Liberation is often considered to be the best Killzone game. Which might not be saying much, but...

KZ2 is the best FPS of this gen.
Ein Bear
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:18 AM)
Ein Bear's Avatar

Originally Posted by meta4

KZ2 is the best FPS of this gen.



It really is. The game does such a great job of potraying this constantly advancing war campaign, with you slowly, gruellingly, pushing forward. The atmosphere is amazing, it feels like war.
meta4
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 11:27 AM)
meta4's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ein Bear

It really is. The game does such a great job of potraying this constantly advancing war campaign, with you slowly, gruellingly, pushing forward. The atmosphere is amazing, it feels like war.



Yup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...vsOFhJM#t=102s

Nothing like it this gen.
Ein Bear
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:42 AM)
Ein Bear's Avatar

Originally Posted by meta4

[/B]

Yup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...vsOFhJM#t=102s

Nothing like it this gen.

...Well now I have to play through Killzone 2 again this afternoon.
SolidSnakex
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:48 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by meta4

[/B]

Yup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...vsOFhJM#t=102s

Nothing like it this gen.

The reaction from this forum to the real KZ2 unveil is still unlike anything i've seen. That thread is/was hilarious.
SniperHunter
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:50 AM)
SniperHunter's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

The reaction from this forum to the real KZ2 unveil is still unlike anything i've seen. That thread is/was hilarious.

haha i remember that day, i came back after jogging, logged on computer and was nlown away
AbandonedTrolley
Member
(01-29-2013, 11:53 AM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

The reaction from this forum to the real KZ2 unveil is still unlike anything i've seen. That thread is/was hilarious.

The thing was, the final build was in some ways BETTER than that trailer, when people were saying that it just couldn't be done. Sony have some of the best first party devs out there and have pretty much wrung the cell processor dry in creating some of the best visuals I've seen on a console.
maverick40
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 12:01 PM)
maverick40's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

The thing was, the final build was in some ways BETTER than that trailer, when people were saying that it just couldn't be done. Sony have some of the best first party devs out there and have pretty much wrung the cell processor dry in creating some of the best visuals I've seen on a console.

Yeah, they really stepped their game up for the ps3. Their 1st party studios are argueably the best in the world. Naughty dog, Santa Monica,Polyphony and Guerrilla Games are the benchmarks for games development imo.
ShinUltramanJ
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:12 PM)
ShinUltramanJ's Avatar
I am soooo ready for a solid portable FPS experience on my Vita. And please have a strong multiplayer!
Rand6
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:14 PM)
Rand6's Avatar

Originally Posted by AbandonedTrolley

The thing was, the final build was in some ways BETTER than that trailer, when people were saying that it just couldn't be done. Sony have some of the best first party devs out there and have pretty much wrung the cell processor dry in creating some of the best visuals I've seen on a console.

Killzone PS4 will blow your mind XD
AbandonedTrolley
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:27 PM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rand6

Killzone PS4 will blow your mind XD

I've no doubt it will!

Could you imagine if on launch Sony had something like Killzone, Uncharted, Gran Turismo and God of War as a launch lineup? The thing would fly off the shelves!
slider
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:30 PM)
slider's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

The reaction from this forum to the real KZ2 unveil is still unlike anything i've seen. That thread is/was hilarious.

I don't remember that unfortunately. But I do remember the early leaked jaggi-tastic shadow on a wall which had people freaking out. Wish I could the exact context and how folk were freaking out. It was cool that fears were eventually allayed.
I-hate-u
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:30 PM)
I-hate-u's Avatar
Apeopleman
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:34 PM)
Apeopleman's Avatar

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

Lol i remember that!
-Winnie-
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:35 PM)
-Winnie-'s Avatar
Mmm, crispy textures.
meta4
Junior Member
(01-29-2013, 12:40 PM)
meta4's Avatar

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

lol. Where is this gif from? I remember the funny quotes around KZ2 during the console wars

Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary

killzowned: to be dominated, humiliated, or proven wrong in relation to Killzone 2.

This one was the best console warrior post though

My people, sons and daughters of Sony. This much I vow. The history of this console generation will be written in blood. By crushing the fanboys of our enemy. By releasing the best game in the genre they thought to use against us.. we are fighting for our consoles very existence. But if there are those who want to deny us enjoyment. Refuse us our rightful place in this console generation. Then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations of xbots yet unborn will cry out in anguish!

Cant wait for E3 2013 to bring us many more gems.
I-hate-u
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:42 PM)
I-hate-u's Avatar
Its 4 years old. I believe its from a CES video of the Playstation booth?!!
SolidSnakex
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:42 PM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by slider

I don't remember that unfortunately. But I do remember the early leaked jaggi-tastic shadow on a wall which had people freaking out. Wish I could the exact context and how folk were freaking out. It was cool that fears were eventually allayed.

Here's the thread. It's obviously extremely long, but the fun kicks off on page 22 (if you have you page limit set to 100 posts)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170302

That's when the impressions and screens start rolling in. Sadly, most of the gifs are dead now since they're on banned image hosts.
SniperHunter
Member
(01-29-2013, 12:46 PM)
SniperHunter's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Here's the thread. It's obviously extremely long, but the fun kicks off on page 22 (if you have you page limit set to 100 posts)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170302

That's when the impressions and screens start rolling in. Sadly, most of the gifs are dead now since they're on banned image hosts.

good times
Wynnebeck
Banned
(01-29-2013, 12:46 PM)

Originally Posted by meta4

Cant wait for E3 2013 to bring us many more gems.

Ok that Visari speech made me laugh.

Thread Tools