• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's Osiris (PoP Zero 2) has new video leak, rough "trailer"/images [Canceled]

meta4

2 hawx, about to be 2 splinter cells, endwar, 2 rainbow six's, 2 ghost recon advanced warfighters.

FC3 is also everything that's wrong with modern open world games. Horribly designed game outside of the missions. Open world games should encourage its freedom and experimentation, not give me a bunch of fetch quests and generic kill quests.[

Which open world game does not do this though? Every open world game has a bunch of fetch quests.

Redhood

wow egypt gimme gimme gimme

Hope this IP turns out to be innovative and fun! just like how AC was in the beginning.

How can it be for Orbis and Durango when it was being in development since 2010-2011. I imagine they didn't have dev kits back then...plus the screen shot in the OP looks quite current gen.

Yeah I'm going to say cross gen which will also happen with Watch Dogs. Ubisoft is going to play it smart here.

DatDude

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I honestly think Ubisoft is poised to have one of the most diverse lineups out of any publishers.

I mean, just from a pure historical standpoint (which most publishers don't usually touch with a 2 inch stick)...

They have:

The Assassins Creed Series
Watch Dogs (more from a futuristic standpoint)
Osiris
Prince of Persia

Plus they recently acquired THQ Montreal and have the presumbaly historical game

1666 (based around the great london fire)
Underdog (which could be prusmed as a historic game considering it's being lead by Patrice Desilets)

I mean, that's a pretty diverse historical game library all things considering what the rest of the publishers are outputting.

rouken

I don't know about you guys, but I honestly think Ubisoft is poised to have one of the most diverse lineups out of any publishers.

I mean, just from a pure historical standpoint (which most publishers don't usually touch with a 2 inch stick)...

They have:

The Assassins Creed Series
Watch Dogs (more from a futuristic standpoint)
Osiris
Prince of Persia

Plus they recently acquired THQ Montreal and have the presumbaly historical game

1666 (based around the great london fire)
Underdog (which could be prusmed as a historic game considering it's being lead by Patrice Desilets)

I mean, that's a pretty diverse historical game library all things considering what the rest of the publishers are outputting.

yeah, they have tons of tps titles its crazy.

this has me interested if its sort of like god of war.

demolitio

Egypt has enough unique places to keep me occupied for quite a while. Even then, the culture alone is good enough to keep me interested.

Teknoman

Was PoP Zero supposed to be the cel shaded one? Anyway this looks like it could turn out to be pretty cool, or at least have some awesome day/night sequences considering the environment. Would be nice to see them get some Journey style sand working too.

jett

D-Member
So Patrice Desilets comes back to Ubisoft just in time to see two franchises he worked on getting shat all over.

edit: So this is not PoP anymore? Make that one franchise then.

Tagg9

So which Ubisoft studio is developing this? I'm assuming Montreal?

They're also working on Watch_Dogs, R6: Patriots, and AC4 but they do have a ridiculous number of employees so it seems plausible.

DocSeuss

Far Cry 3, AC3, Splinter Cell Conviction, AC Liberation, most of the current gen Tom Clancy stuff.

Far Cry 3 is amazing (in a different way than 2). Assasin's Creed 3 continues Assassin's Creed: Revelations' trend of wasting players' time with too much useless/context-based complexity and training that takes HOURS. Splinter Cell: Conviction is a great action game.

Can't comment on Liberation, so it's a Vita game and I don't care.

I loved HAWX. Didn't like the voice-based RTS. Rainbow 6 Vegas and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 were cool. Haven't played anything else they've done.

Black Kratos alone makes it interesting...

Are we sure this is set in egypt? Why are there black people? I thought the people there were sun kissed arabian tan?
In addition to what Nirolak said...

aR5ipwx.gif

How can it be for Orbis and Durango when it was being in development since 2010-2011. I imagine they didn't have dev kits back then...plus the screen shot in the OP looks quite current gen.
It will be an up-port like every early game on next gen systems.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh where else have we heard that name like forever and forever ago.... ::cough::.

Was not originally PoP, separate game. Convereted to pop after awhile. Didn't work

Sloane

Banned
Could be cool if it wasn't "from the studio that brought you Ass Creed". Might not be the same team though? Whatever, it's Ubisoft, so I'll remain careful anyway.

black_13

Banned
Open world part worries me. Actually if its anything like Assasins Creed 3 then I'm worried.

Too early to tell but will keep an eye on it. Generally at least Ubi puts good effort into a brand new IP. Its when they start milking the franchise that they go shitty.

cdkee

Banned
So this has nothing to do with Prince of Persia?

Doesn't look like it. I'm a bit bummed, but excited at the same time.

It's been too long since a good PoP. Forgotten Sands was alright, but it definitely felt like it could've used more work.

Oh where else have we heard that name like forever and forever ago.... ::cough::.

Was not originally PoP, separate game. Convereted to pop after awhile. Didn't work
Ha it's funny because I saw you mention it in the thread and just did a Google search and this video came up. I would have assumed it was something known considering how easy I found it.

Better not be PoP.
Am okay with a new IP; but am not watching PoP become successful with auto-platforming. Am not doing it gaf!

Just make whatever this is NOT have AC combat.

Top Bottom