• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Fine Ham Abounds
(01-30-2013, 06:03 AM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Ancient Egypt alone has got me intrigued.

Yeah, pretty much. Not a fan of the AC series though.
Paddington Bear
(01-30-2013, 06:04 AM)
Wow. Screw persia. Egypt FTW Ubi
Meatvillain
Banned
(01-30-2013, 06:06 AM)
Looking forward to the E3 CG trailer. :P
charsace
Accidental Member
(01-30-2013, 06:10 AM)
I can't wait to see what they do. Hope they make things a little bit more difficult.
Demoncarnotaur
(01-30-2013, 06:12 AM)
Egypt? I'm in.
Barakov
(01-30-2013, 06:13 AM)
The setting alone has me interested.
John Rabbit
(01-30-2013, 06:14 AM)
dat awful font.
Sober
(01-30-2013, 06:17 AM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Ancient Egypt alone has got me intrigued.

Preparing for everyone to confuse Ancient Egypt with Classical or Medieval Egypt is more like it.
TheBatman
(01-30-2013, 06:19 AM)

Originally Posted by FunkyMunkey

I don't want Assassin's Creed in Egypt, reskinned to look like Prince of Persia.

I just want a gorgeous Prince of Persia game.

This. It's still good to see something surface to know they haven't entirely forgotten.
Kagari
Super Mode
(01-30-2013, 06:26 AM)

Originally Posted by LuuKyK

That Osiris logo/font looks straight out of God of War.

It is.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(01-30-2013, 06:27 AM)
Into my veins ubi.
cuyahoga
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
(01-30-2013, 06:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Meelow

Do we know what platforms that it's on?

Orbis and Durango. Probably PC too.
BruceLeeRoy
(01-30-2013, 06:38 AM)

Originally Posted by LuuKyK

That Osiris logo/font looks straight out of God of War.

Obviously its temporary they just ripped the Dafont version of it.
meta4
(01-30-2013, 06:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Derrick01

2 hawx, about to be 2 splinter cells, endwar, 2 rainbow six's, 2 ghost recon advanced warfighters.

FC3 is also everything that's wrong with modern open world games. Horribly designed game outside of the missions. Open world games should encourage its freedom and experimentation, not give me a bunch of fetch quests and generic kill quests.[

Which open world game does not do this though? Every open world game has a bunch of fetch quests.
B.O.O.M
(01-30-2013, 06:53 AM)
New Gen, New IPs! So friggin good. I hope it turns out to be a fun game. E3!!!!
DatDude
Banned
(01-30-2013, 07:05 AM)

Originally Posted by cuyahoga

Orbis and Durango. Probably PC too.

How can it be for Orbis and Durango when it was being in development since 2010-2011. I imagine they didn't have dev kits back then...plus the screen shot in the OP looks quite current gen.
barrymatharoo
(01-30-2013, 07:05 AM)
wow egypt gimme gimme gimme

Hope this IP turns out to be innovative and fun! just like how AC was in the beginning.
metalslimer
(01-30-2013, 07:08 AM)

Originally Posted by DatDude

How can it be for Orbis and Durango when it was being in development since 2010-2011. I imagine they didn't have dev kits back then...plus the screen shot in the OP looks quite current gen.

Yeah I'm going to say cross gen which will also happen with Watch Dogs. Ubisoft is going to play it smart here.
Fine Ham Abounds
(01-30-2013, 07:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Sober

Preparing for everyone to confuse Ancient Egypt with Classical or Medieval Egypt is more like it.

Osiris |OT| Tut Ain't Comin'
jsnepo
(01-30-2013, 07:21 AM)
The music reminded me of John Murphy's Surface of the Sun.
TriGen
(01-30-2013, 07:22 AM)

Originally Posted by metalslimer

Yeah I'm going to say cross gen which will also happen with Watch Dogs. Ubisoft is going to play it smart here.

Yeah. I expect Ubisoft to make all of their late 2013/ early 2014 'big' games cross-gen.
metalslimer
(01-30-2013, 07:23 AM)

Originally Posted by TriGen

Yeah. I expect Ubisoft to make all of their late 2013/ early 2014 'big' games cross-gen.

And possibly later as well. I don't expect a truly "next gen" Assassin's Creed for a while.
DatDude
Banned
(01-30-2013, 07:25 AM)
I don't know about you guys, but I honestly think Ubisoft is poised to have one of the most diverse lineups out of any publishers.

I mean, just from a pure historical standpoint (which most publishers don't usually touch with a 2 inch stick)...

They have:

The Assassins Creed Series
Watch Dogs (more from a futuristic standpoint)
Osiris
Prince of Persia

Plus they recently acquired THQ Montreal and have the presumbaly historical game

1666 (based around the great london fire)
Underdog (which could be prusmed as a historic game considering it's being lead by Patrice Desilets)

I mean, that's a pretty diverse historical game library all things considering what the rest of the publishers are outputting.
Atruvius
(01-30-2013, 07:26 AM)
Looks like Assassins Creed, pretty much like other major Ubi franchises.
DatDude
Banned
(01-30-2013, 07:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Atruvius

Looks like Assassins Creed, pretty much like other major Ubi franchises.

Based off 1 screen shot, and a handful of concept art you've already come to this presumption.

cool.
rouken
(01-30-2013, 07:29 AM)

I don't know about you guys, but I honestly think Ubisoft is poised to have one of the most diverse lineups out of any publishers.

I mean, just from a pure historical standpoint (which most publishers don't usually touch with a 2 inch stick)...

They have:

The Assassins Creed Series
Watch Dogs (more from a futuristic standpoint)
Osiris
Prince of Persia

Plus they recently acquired THQ Montreal and have the presumbaly historical game

1666 (based around the great london fire)
Underdog (which could be prusmed as a historic game considering it's being lead by Patrice Desilets)

I mean, that's a pretty diverse historical game library all things considering what the rest of the publishers are outputting.

yeah, they have tons of tps titles its crazy.

this has me interested if its sort of like god of war.
demolitio
(01-30-2013, 07:32 AM)
Egypt has enough unique places to keep me occupied for quite a while. Even then, the culture alone is good enough to keep me interested.
Atruvius
(01-30-2013, 07:36 AM)

Based off 1 screen shot, and a handful of concept art you've already come to this presumption.

cool.

If someone told me that's from modded Assassin's Creed 1 or Assassins Creed 4 set in Egypt I would totally believe them.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(01-30-2013, 07:36 AM)
Was PoP Zero supposed to be the cel shaded one? Anyway this looks like it could turn out to be pretty cool, or at least have some awesome day/night sequences considering the environment. Would be nice to see them get some Journey style sand working too.
jett
(01-30-2013, 07:37 AM)
So Patrice Desilets comes back to Ubisoft just in time to see two franchises he worked on getting shat all over.

edit: So this is not PoP anymore? Make that one franchise then.
Last edited by jett; 01-30-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Ein Bear
(01-30-2013, 07:44 AM)

Originally Posted by TriGen

Ubi's current console games run like shit anyway, I shudder to think what their PS360 versions of 'next gen' games will be like.
JollyWolf
(01-30-2013, 07:48 AM)

Are we sure this is set in egypt? Why are there black people? I thought the people there were sun kissed arabian tan?

They were a mixture of both. Egypt was a very multiethnical kingdom.
Tagg9
(01-30-2013, 07:49 AM)
So which Ubisoft studio is developing this? I'm assuming Montreal?

They're also working on Watch_Dogs, R6: Patriots, and AC4 but they do have a ridiculous number of employees so it seems plausible.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(01-30-2013, 07:51 AM)
I am so fucking ready for next gen. All over my face. ALL OVER IT.
DocSeuss
(01-30-2013, 07:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Far Cry 3, AC3, Splinter Cell Conviction, AC Liberation, most of the current gen Tom Clancy stuff.

Far Cry 3 is amazing (in a different way than 2). Assasin's Creed 3 continues Assassin's Creed: Revelations' trend of wasting players' time with too much useless/context-based complexity and training that takes HOURS. Splinter Cell: Conviction is a great action game.

Can't comment on Liberation, so it's a Vita game and I don't care.

I loved HAWX. Didn't like the voice-based RTS. Rainbow 6 Vegas and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 were cool. Haven't played anything else they've done.
Metal Gear?!
(01-30-2013, 07:58 AM)
Black Kratos alone makes it interesting...

Are we sure this is set in egypt? Why are there black people? I thought the people there were sun kissed arabian tan?

In addition to what Nirolak said...

It will be an up-port like every early game on next gen systems.
John Harker
Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
(01-30-2013, 07:59 AM)
Oh where else have we heard that name like forever and forever ago.... ::cough::.

Was not originally PoP, separate game. Convereted to pop after awhile. Didn't work
Visualante2
(01-30-2013, 08:03 AM)
I don't see a game in it, I see a movie. I want fantasy from Prince of Persia.
Sloane
(01-30-2013, 08:09 AM)
Could be cool if it wasn't "from the studio that brought you Ass Creed". Might not be the same team though? Whatever, it's Ubisoft, so I'll remain careful anyway.
Zarx
(01-30-2013, 08:11 AM)
I hope it's more fun to play than Assassin's Creed
black_13
(01-30-2013, 08:20 AM)
Open world part worries me. Actually if its anything like Assasins Creed 3 then I'm worried.

Too early to tell but will keep an eye on it. Generally at least Ubi puts good effort into a brand new IP. Its when they start milking the franchise that they go shitty.
Eideka
Banned
(01-30-2013, 08:23 AM)
Ancient Egypt is excellent news. I hope it's a real, full-fledged project.
Strike
(01-30-2013, 09:10 AM)
So this has nothing to do with Prince of Persia?
cdkee
Banned
(01-30-2013, 09:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Strike

So this has nothing to do with Prince of Persia?

Doesn't look like it. I'm a bit bummed, but excited at the same time.

It's been too long since a good PoP. Forgotten Sands was alright, but it definitely felt like it could've used more work.
Dawg
(01-30-2013, 01:06 PM)

Originally Posted by jsnepo

The music reminded me of John Murphy's Surface of the Sun.

I'm guessing it's some kind of cover, because it's way too similar
Mdk7
Sequel dreams killed
by Graham Hopper
(01-30-2013, 01:22 PM)
Mmm... interesting.
GitarooMan
(01-30-2013, 01:27 PM)

Originally Posted by John Harker

Oh where else have we heard that name like forever and forever ago.... ::cough::.

Was not originally PoP, separate game. Convereted to pop after awhile. Didn't work

Ha it's funny because I saw you mention it in the thread and just did a Google search and this video came up. I would have assumed it was something known considering how easy I found it.
HiiiLife
(01-30-2013, 01:29 PM)
Egypt sounds cool.
grimshawish
Banned
(01-30-2013, 01:33 PM)
Better not be PoP.
Am okay with a new IP; but am not watching PoP become successful with auto-platforming. Am not doing it gaf!

Just make whatever this is NOT have AC combat.
Perkel
Banned
(01-30-2013, 01:36 PM)
Jesus The Game ?

I want to play as Jesus and have my magic abilities like changing water to wine.