• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's Osiris (PoP Zero 2) has new video leak, rough "trailer"/images [Canceled]

Glass Rebel

First impulse is to get excited because it's a game set in ancient Egypt.

Then you realize that Ubisoft can't design open worlds or melee combat if their life depended on it.

Lime

Setting is cool
Black protagonist is cool

Big muscles and killing aren't cool.
Gameplay will probably be AC platforming with God of War combat.

I'm on a wait and see approach.

Elios83

Is the video legit?
I hope so considering that I'd really like a new IP from Ubisoft that can take the place of AC and also I love ancient Egypt as a setting. Would be really cool to see it announced for PS4/Xboxnext at E3.

Hindle

Banned
This probably spawned from the rejected settings for AC 3.

I'm very sceptical though, Ubi can't make an open world game without dumbing the gameplay down so it becomes non existing. Ideally it will be The Sands of Times platforming with the first GOWs inventive level design.

Is the video legit?
I hope so considering that I'd really like a new IP from Ubisoft that can take the place of AC and also I love ancient Egypt as a setting. Would be really cool to see it announced for PS4/Xboxnext at E3.

The game is real, so there's no reason to think the video is fake by any means.

XaosWolf

PoP needs a vacation. Loved the style and fluidity of the 2008 overhaul, but the "Can't Die" mechanic should never have existed.

And if/when this game comes out, the OT needs to have "SLOW MOTION HERO" in there.

LastNac

I F*CKING LOVE EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE DESERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always wanted an AC set in Egypt mostly just for the setting.

Hell, the other day I was posting about how I wanted God of War to deal with the Egyptian gods, again, mostly for the setting.

Oh yes, Ubi might be back on top as my favorite publisher next gen.

Elios83

The game is real, so there's no reason to think the video is fake by any means.

Yeah I was just reading a few of the comments stating that it's a fake, that there is a scene taken from 300 and bla bla.
But if the game has been shown to the press during last E3 then it's not fake.

dosh

This probably spawned from the rejected settings for AC 3.

I'm very sceptical though, Ubi can't make an open world game without dumbing the gameplay down so it becomes non existing.
That's the major issue with Ubi's open world games: they build cool places and don't really know what to do with them afterwards (I have yet to try FC3 though). But the egyptian setting got me curious, as well as the hero's look.

teeny

Immediately thought of Stargate when the mask art/screen popped up.

PzD0wZF.jpg

Love a good old Ancient Egyptian setting, so can't wait to see some more of this.

Taken from the PoP thread:

It has been far too long since Ancient Egypt was truly expanded upon and explored in the gaming industry. This looks amazing, even so early in development.

Count me as sold, Ubisoft, even though you're massive c**ts with your DRM.

Are we sure this is set in egypt? Why are there black people? I thought the people there were sun kissed arabian tan?

You know where Egypt is located, right? The time period this game takes place in makes sense for there to black people with dark skin. Don't let "Prince of Egypt" be your only surce of knowledge on this matter.

You know where Egypt is located, right? The time period this game takes place in makes sense for their to black people with dark skin. Don't let "Prince of Egypt" be your only surce of knowledge on this matter.
Prince of Egypt had black people. You're thinking of The Ten Commandments perhaps?

Sort of trailing off the comparisons to Stargate, what if this was a new I.P, set in Ancient Egypt but had some Sci-fi vibes/themes rolled into it? Not Stargate themes obviously, but fresh ideas.

I would jizz all over the fucking place.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So both this and PoP game are canceled, or just this? or was this PoP game?....

Basically it goes as follows:

1.) Ubisoft was making a sequel to Prince of Persia 2008 that got cancelled.

2.) The team started on Prince of Persia Zero, a series reboot which also got cancelled.

3.) Around the time of Prince of Persia Zero, Ubisoft also started a new IP called Osiris that was sort of like Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War in Egypt.

4.) Sometime after Prince of Persia Zero's cancellation, they tried to turn Osiris into Prince of Persia Zero 2.

5.) The transition didn't go well, so they turned Prince of Persia Zero 2 back into Osiris.

6.) Osiris was cancelled sometime after E3.

Or, you know, your average Ubisoft production timeline. This is how they have 8000 employees and so little major AAA output. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Egypt would be really cool.

A PoP game actually set in Persia would be awesome too.

The PoP3D and PS2 trilogy were more Prince of Arabia/Andalusian Arabia.

I think the problem is ancient Persia is just not that cool of a setting,old arabian settings (including Egypt,Andalusia,Damascus) are way better.

Muzzy

Cancelled? Why Ubisoft, the next-gen is coming it's time to bring some new IP and this Osiris looks well interesting to me.

2.) The team started on Prince of Persia Zero, a series reboot which also got cancelled.

3.) Around the time of Prince of Persia Zero, Ubisoft also started a new IP called Osiris that was sort of like Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War in Egypt.

4.) Sometime after Prince of Persia Zero's cancellation, they tried to turn Osiris into Prince of Persia Zero 2.

5.) The transition didn't go well, so they turned Prince of Persia Zero 2 back into Osiris.

Or, you know, your average Ubisoft production timeline. This is how they have 8000 employees and so little major AAA output. :p

What a clusterfuck...

So they're really beating on Watchdogs to be their next big thing.

I still hope we can have PoP 2008 sequel sometime.

iDsABQqkAzX4H.gif

Average worker must react like that.

Kanyon

They're making a Stargate game? About time a good development house got the IP to finally make Stargate into a good game!

On a serious note this looks really, really awesome... Such a shame that it was cancelled or is there still hope?

EDIT: Beaten so badly by V00K in fourth post!

Zapages

Here's the more fleshed out story:

1.) Ubisoft was making a sequel to PrinceofPersia 2008 that got cancelled. The remaining Parts of Prince of Persia 2008 sequel was used in Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands Wii.

2.) The team started on PrinceofPersia Zero 2, a series reboot which also got cancelled.

3.) Around the time ofPrinceofPersia Zero 2, Ubisoft also started a new IP called Osiris that was sort of like Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War in Egypt.

4.) Sometime after PrinceofPersia Zero 2's cancellation, they tried to turn Osiris into PrinceofPersia Zero 3. (But code named Zero 2 as it actually entered production) after Prince of Persia Zero(which was supposed to be a futuristic Prince of Persia, but was cancelled for Prince of Persia 2008).

5.) The transition didn't go well, so they turned PrinceofPersia Zero 2 back into Osiris. This is when Jordan Mechner said this was not new Prince of Persia.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
A shame. Would love an adventure / combat set in Ancient Egypt. Could be VERY nuts. Old Roman / Egypt aesthetic, mixed with old combat, magic and sic-fi.

Elios83

What a disappointment, so basically this was a POP reboot as people speculated months ago.
But now that the POP series has been put on hold this is basically canceled.
What a shame. Still I hope they have new IPs for next gen consoles that the can take the place of the now boring, exhausted AC franchise.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If this got cancelled, I can only fear for 1666 and the other game that are in development in THQ Montreal.

Shame, it actually looked interesting. Man, they weren't kidding when they said PoP was resting. 3 PoP games cancelled in a row? Jesus H. Christ.

LastNac

Here's the more fleshed out story:

1.) Ubisoft was making a sequel to PrinceofPersia 2008 that got cancelled. The remaining Parts of Prince of Persia 2008 sequel was used in Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands Wii.

2.) The team started on PrinceofPersia Zero 2, a series reboot which also got cancelled.

3.) Around the time ofPrinceofPersia Zero 2, Ubisoft also started a new IP called Osiris that was sort of like Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War in Egypt.

4.) Sometime after PrinceofPersia Zero 2's cancellation, they tried to turn Osiris into PrinceofPersia Zero 3. (But code named Zero 2 as it actually entered production) after Prince of Persia Zero(which was supposed to be a futuristic Prince of Persia, but was cancelled for Prince of Persia 2008).

5.) The transition didn't go well, so they turned PrinceofPersia Zero 2 back into Osiris. This is when Jordan Mechner said this was not new Prince of Persia.

So wait, there were three Prince of Persia Zeros? One was a futuristic setting?

Top Bottom