• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED's 2013 Lineup

BasilZero

Great news that Ys is coming to Vita in the west!

But I am more excited for the next installation of Ys for Steam!

Enjoyed Origins and was waiting out on Oath in Felghana until I play the first two games and now I will be able to ;)

Thank You XSEED!

Noi

I will buy the inevitable Ys Celceta CE that comes with the OST and some other Ys goodie, don't let me down XSEED.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Will be picking up both Ys games. A shame Celceta is in the fall, a retail release (thus LE) might not be possible by then.

Zierath

Great lineup. I'll buy everything but Valhalla Knights. Ys Celceta is what I'm looking forward to most in this. Finally something to look forward to on Vita!

So damn excited. I'll probably be picking up both Celceta and Valhalla Knights. Definitely Celceta but not sure about Valhalla. Still this is amazing stuff!

Drek

Celceta is good? Don't me let down GAF

Famitsu gave it 9/9/9/8, the highest scores a Ys game has ever gotten I believe. From all the impressions I've seen it's considered to be a great game.

Vita release schedule is getting busy. Games on my "must buy" radar for 2013:
Soul Sacrifice
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty
Muramasa
Tearaway
Killzone: Mercenary
Ys Celceta
Guacamelee!
Velocity Ultra
MLB 13: The Show
Sly 4
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Vita is going to make me a poor man this year.

Necrovex

I will pick up Celceta, my Vita will need some love. Plus the PC Ys doesn't seem to work for me (the controls will simply not work for my 360 pad, though I got a new (and official) pad, so I should give that another try).

I might also get Rune Factory 4. I only played the Wii game, however I didn't get enough time with it to form a solid opinion. What's special about Rune Factory 4 anyway?

Oh yeah, I cannot forget Killer is Dead. Its grooveness level is through the roof.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Because more time passes=Vita is more doomed silly!

Basically. Vita is my favorite handheld ever, no joke. I've never really liked a portable until this one despite owning an iteration of every GB, a DS, and the PSP.

So it makes sense it's floundering and Sony is doing next to nothing to save it.

But as often as I'm wrong, this probably means that after this summer it will start selling like crazy or something.

I'll get this one: Ys: Memories of Celceta PS Vita

FoyHQoV.jpg

Midou

Killer is Dead, Rune Factory 4 and Ys Celceta day one. Three games I really wanted, all from one publisher. XSEED is god.

All we need now is trails in the sky SC..

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Any favorable impressions of the Valhalla Knights series? Is it a dungeon crawler? Great news on Y's making it over.

Wow... I really didn't think they'd do it, but they did. Five announcements in one day. I'm in for Rune Factory 4, Ys I & II and of course Ys CELCETA!

I know nothing of Valhalla Kinights though...

Zapages

Publisher =/= Developer

I know guys... Ys VI is already on PC when it was originally released back in the day... Also didn't Chinese Company port Ys VII to PC and all you need is to replace some files to get English settings. I don't know, but read in another thread here that was the case for Ys VII...

I can see Ys: Celetia getting the same treatment.

Maybe Xseed can do the translation and enhance the port a bit.

zroid

Banned
This is kind of crazy but at three must-buys for me this year (PT, RF4, Ys4) Xseed is only behind Nintendo among those publishers I will be buying the most games from in 2013.

Although Sony might ultimately sneak in between Nintendo and Xseed, depending on how their output turns out.

Looks like I am not going to buy the Ys games on PSN afterall considering they seem to be doing great on Steam and XSEED wants more.

Will get Celceta though. Only Vita game this year I care about.

I think they still have 6th announcement since they said they'll have 6 more after Pandora's Tower. :]
Yeah, that was my understanding too. Let's all hope it's Xanadu Next.

I know guys... Ys VI is already on PC when it was originally released back in the day...
My worry with Napishtim is Konami's involvement with the previous localization possibly fouling up things. They're notoriously difficult to work with from what I understand.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I am not going to buy the Ys games on PSN afterall considering they seem to be doing great on Steam and XSEED wants more.

Will get Celceta though. Only Vita game this year I care about.

May as well get Seven on PSN. The PC port isn't very good and XSEED will probably not bother localizing it (especially since it would require additional licensing due to being from another company).

My worry with Napishtim is Konami's involvement with the previous localization possibly fouling up things. They're notoriously difficult to work with from what I understand.

IIRC, XSEED could license the PC version from Falcom without any problems. Wyrdwad mentioned that he would like to use Konami's script if they would license that out, otherwise they can use one from Deuce again.

Top Bottom