• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension New Single-Player Screenshots

ohlawd

damn I'm loving those screenshots.

Good news - the NPCs not named Kratos don't look like shit like in God of War III :D

I doubt we'll go 2 years without a new God of War on PS4.
Maybe three. I remember getting a PS3 back in 2007 and waiting for GoW3 which was released in 2010. Plus, Ascension is being released next month so there's gonna be some downtown before we see the next game.

One of the Greek gods/goddesses that has yet to appear is Hecate. She's really interesting even when compared to the rest of the pantheon being a goddess of magic, witchcraft, the moon and cross-roads. She was also sometimes considered a Goddess of realms outside the Mortal Realm which could make for some kind of interesting transition. Would love to see what they would do with her.

So there is only a Hecatonchire in the game or there are three of them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecatonchires
In the Greek mithology we have Gyges,Briareus and Cottus.

The "giant snake temple" in the Manticora's video could be a second Hecatonchire?
Gyges did actually appear in a God of War comic and it is really hideous - probably the most grotesque creature in the series, if you accept the comics as canon. It's about the size of an island and very Lovecraftian. I wish Gyges would actually make an appearance in one of the games.

Surprised nobody has mentioned
Orkos
, a new character introduced in Ascension.

For the record, not much of a spoiler since it was shown officially in the Bringing Kratos To Life video a week ago.

There's a pic of him on the GoW Wikia too.

Top Bottom