• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Laranja
(02-04-2013, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by FGMPR

No

I guess I was being a little too optimistic.

Oh well, if it ever does happen I'll probably grab a second copy, then. I'm crossing my fingers!
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(02-04-2013, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrath

oh shit

Oh man this is so good.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(02-04-2013, 06:13 PM)

oh shit

oh yeah
animlboogy
(02-04-2013, 06:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Clint Beastwood

I don't know how to explain that one. Gears 2 was atrocious and no one liked it. Epic tried to change the gameplay to what they wanted Gears to be and didn't like the fast-paced, close quarters oriented style the multiplayer was in the first game.

The game was a mess and games would last ridiculously long. It would end up being long range stalemates because the Hammerburst was ridiculously OP and would 3 shot anyone. The game had a terrible netcode so host had an even bigger advantage than in 1.

I don't see how anyone can like Gears 2. While it does some things better than 3, it's not even close. 2 also had the worst maps of the trio.

Agreed with all of the above. This was a game that had all the polish in place for a sequel, all the "new" stuff, and almost all of it just served to undermine what was great about the first one. It's one of the best examples I can think of that shows how sequels always striving to be bigger does not always mean better.

Gears 1 was one of the best shooters I've ever played online. Not in terms of fairness, or eSports playability, or the most creative modes. It was a game where it was fun and intense to shoot people. It had all the ingredients to make you laugh and yell at strangers on the Internet.

Gears 2 is mostly defined to me as sitting around waiting 10 minutes for matchmaking to finish, then getting into a game where nobody was talking while we took potshots at each other or maybe tripped over a grenade that stunned you for two seconds and cut off all your momentum for no good reason. What a stupid game.
CrunchinJelly
formerly cjelly
(02-04-2013, 06:17 PM)
http://twitter.com/DyadGame/status/298494514652397568

DYAD
‏@DyadGame
March.. I guess

LOL.
Killthee
helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
(02-04-2013, 06:20 PM)

http://twitter.com/DyadGame/statuses/298496053961953282
animlboogy
(02-04-2013, 06:24 PM)
Alright, so that points us in a good direction for some of this other stuff.

KoF is what I have my hopes up for. I'm going to assume Halo is MS testing what they can do with Steamworks for the sake of exploring it. Another FFVII with no guarantee of showing up anytime soon on Steam, even if there is a PC version out there somewhere. KoF already being a windows PC game at least makes that seem realistic.

Dunno why these people use the real names anywhere. Hasn't the history of the registry as well as all the PartnerNet leaks taught developers anything?
Last edited by animlboogy; 02-04-2013 at 06:26 PM.
diffusionx
(02-04-2013, 06:24 PM)
Gears 2 was alright in singleplayer, Gears 3 was pretty awful. I'd play Gears 2 again on insane but have no desire to go back to #3.

Originally Posted by ArjanN

It really wasn't. IMO the only hard point was the final boss, and that was more because of shitty design.

The look at all dat juice part sucked not because of difficulty but checkpointing.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(02-04-2013, 06:40 PM)

Originally Posted by CrunchinJelly

http://twitter.com/DyadGame/status/298494514652397568

DYAD
‏@DyadGame
March.. I guess

LOL.

Has Stinkles tweeted yet? ;)
ShawnMcGrath
Dyad Developer
(02-04-2013, 06:43 PM)
Apparently this is a thing that happens often? I don't really follow the online gaming community closely enough to know what's going on... does this regularly happen? should I have known better than to name it "Dyad" on Steam before it was announced? This is kinda crappy for me cause I was gunna do a trailer and a big announcement and now it's like this. I'm sure it's my fault and I don't wanna make mistakes twice.

Thanks!
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(02-04-2013, 06:47 PM)

Apparently this is a thing that happens often? I don't really follow the online gaming community closely enough to know what's going on... does this regularly happen? should I have known better than to name it "Dyad" on Steam before it was announced? This is kinda crappy for me cause I was gunna do a trailer and a big announcement and now it's like this. I'm sure it's my fault and I don't wanna make mistakes twice.

Thanks!

Look we won't tell anyone about this. It's just between you and Gaf.
Killthee
helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
(02-04-2013, 06:50 PM)

Thanks!

Happens all the time, though some games take forever to actually come out and some still haven't been released yet.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Alan-...s-240583.shtml
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...le-list-leaked
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-hu...eams-registry/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-leak-suggests

I'm not sure what you could have done differently though. I imagine if it was as easy as submitting a false name into the registry other developers would have started doing so by now. Seems like even with a fake name the community links in this new registry site would have given you away.
Last edited by Killthee; 02-04-2013 at 07:03 PM.
kami_sama
(02-04-2013, 06:51 PM)

Thanks!

It seems that this time wasn't entirely your fault, as the game was ValveTestApp on the registry, it seems that a bug(or feature) on the community was the problem lol

And it has happened to too many developers lol

I would love to play your game! LSD without LSD!
Rickenslacker
(02-04-2013, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by scitek

Does Halo 2 on PC have a proper widescreen HUD? I remember the game supported widescreen on Xbox, but the HUD was stretched.

Yes, the HUD was proper in the PC version.
Karl2177
(02-04-2013, 06:56 PM)

Originally Posted by derFeef

Has Stinkles tweeted yet? ;)

Haha, nope. But the last time a Halo 3 to PC rumor came up, he squashed it in minutes.
Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(02-04-2013, 06:58 PM)

Originally Posted by kami_sama

It seems that this time wasn't entirely your fault, as the game was ValveTestApp on the registry, it seems that a bug(or feature) on the community was the problem lol

No, Dyad was actually in as Dyad. But the point is well taken that even if it wasn't, he'd have still had the whistle blown.

Thanks!

Sorry brother, but this particular leak would have got you even if you did the ValveTestApp thing :/

You should still do the trailer and big announcement thing, though! Get Wario64 to pimp you on Twitter, that'll generate some buzz.
AlphaProspector
(02-04-2013, 07:02 PM)

Thanks!

Alan Wake, I am Alive and others were spotted like this. And Alan Wake turned to be quite a success. And a day one purchase for me. At least to me this kind of reveals actually build quite the hype.

I'm already locked-in to get Dyad day one on PC, having no consoles since like 10 years ago.

Not your fault but the peeps who are essentially glued to the registry file trying to unveil the future releases.
Last edited by AlphaProspector; 02-04-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typos
ArjanN
(02-04-2013, 07:09 PM)

Thanks!

Not your fault. Leaks from the registry happen fairly often, but this time it was a new loophole because of the community pages being linked to registry entries.

You can still do the whole official trailer/announcement thing. I think your game will do fine on Steam anyway. :)
Last edited by ArjanN; 02-04-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Blue Ninja
(02-04-2013, 07:11 PM)
If they release Halo 3 on Steam, I'll re-buy the whole trilogy. There 343, I said it.
Rm88~
(02-04-2013, 07:14 PM)
KOF XIII? For real? If there's any chance online play won't be awful I'll definitely double dip. Oh man, oh man. SSFIV and KOFXIII on PC, would be so awesome.
I H8 Memes
(02-04-2013, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Blue Ninja

If they release Halo 3 on Steam, I'll re-buy the whole trilogy. There 343, I said it.

If MS properly supported PC gaming with games like Forza, Banjo Kazooie, and the Halo franchise I wouldn't be so ready to abandon the Windows platform all together. As it is I hope everyday for another OS to emerge that can replace Windows so I can be done with MS.
Saty
(02-04-2013, 07:15 PM)
There needs to be a list of all games spotted in this database, with the names getting crossed one by one as they are getting officially announced.
GrizzNKev
(02-04-2013, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Blue Ninja

As would I. For a third time, minus Halo 3 since it's not on PC yet.
balladofwindfishes
(02-04-2013, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by I H8 Memes

If MS properly supported PC gaming with games like Forza, Banjo Kazooie, and the Halo franchise I wouldn't be so ready to abandon the Windows platform all together. As it is I hope everyday for another OS to emerge that can replace Windows so I can be done with MS.

oh god, Banjo Kazooie on Steam would be glorious.
Tizoc
(02-04-2013, 07:23 PM)
Now that I think about it, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 have PC versions too right?
V_Ben
(02-04-2013, 07:24 PM)
What the hell is 'serious sam: revolution'?

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/227780/

And for that matter... is that the AOE 2 icon? Microsoft put it up.

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/221380/
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(02-04-2013, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by V_Ben

What the hell is 'serious sam: revolution'?

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/227780/

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=63431
Dizzy-4U
(02-04-2013, 07:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Now that I think about it, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 have PC versions too right?

Nope, Tecmo doesn't like money. I think there was a DOS version from the original game though.

I'd pay full price for both if they release them on PC. And I already have all the console versions...
Last edited by Dizzy-4U; 02-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Kokonoe
Banned
(02-04-2013, 07:37 PM)
I would be quite joyful to see Halo 3 on PC.
legacyzero
(02-04-2013, 07:37 PM)

oh shit

BAHAAAAHAHAH

cats out the bag!

So.... your move, MICROSOFT.
animlboogy
(02-04-2013, 07:38 PM)

Thanks!

I'm kinda surprised nobody from Valve contacted you about the issue. I mean, you named it "Dyad" anyway, but the community page problem is what outed so many games (even those with TestApp titles) this time around.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, you could've just stayed mum. So many of these registry leaks have happened in the past, including on PartnerNet for the 360, and not all of the games have come out. So for most people it still would've had the same impact as a fresh announcement. So even if you somehow get outed on a future game, just stay quiet and announce it on your own terms anyway; after all, we're still waiting on a Steam release of Planescape: Torment and Final Fantasy VII. ;)
ShawnMcGrath
Dyad Developer
(02-04-2013, 08:20 PM)
I had to make an announcement video, so here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecq323diwxQ
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(02-04-2013, 08:23 PM)

I had to make an announcement video, so here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecq323diwxQ

NeoGAF!

You smart assholes!
Overdoziz
(02-04-2013, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Also Steam thing is bunk as far as our stuff is concerned anyway. on't know what Dyad is or what that was all about.

:|
Rentahamster
Rodent Whores
(02-04-2013, 08:29 PM)

Haha, welp, cat's out of the bag!
StalkerUKCG
(02-04-2013, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Overdoziz

All that feel
Rumble19
(02-04-2013, 08:34 PM)
Will double dip for Dyad. Hopefully runs at 120 fps. Also getting my hopes up for that Halo 3 PC announcement.
Haunted
(02-04-2013, 08:34 PM)
I enjoy leaks.

oh shit

haha
Kammie
Banned
(02-04-2013, 08:43 PM)

Probably the most entertaining announcement video I've ever seen (and I'm not saying this ironically!).
EdibleExplosives
(02-04-2013, 09:11 PM)

Well, there goes my dreams being crushed. It says a lot for the state of current fps games when I'd be more excited about a 5 year old game being ported to PC than anything being released in the last year.
Omega Rex
(02-04-2013, 09:32 PM)
Sucks that the Dyad leak was legit and a full reveal was ruined.

As for Halo 3 PC, I don't care what he says, I still have hope. It just means they're not doing the port and it could be another developer. Microsoft had Gearbox do CE and had Hired Gun do Halo 2 Vista.
Saty
(02-04-2013, 09:32 PM)

Elsewhere, Fez creator Phil Fish simply responded to my query with a simple, "no comment for now!" response, but given that Fish has said he'd like to make Fez multiplatform, the Steam version seems very likely.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...steam-database
catabarez
(02-04-2013, 09:33 PM)
No Halo games? :(

Well we'll see what happens. Hopefully someone could at least explain the entries.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(02-04-2013, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by catabarez

No Halo games? :(

Well we'll see what happens. Hopefully someone could at least explain the entries.

Nothing has been confirmed either way.
EdibleExplosives
(02-04-2013, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Clint Beastwood

Sucks that the Dyad leak was legit and a full reveal was ruined.

As for Halo 3 PC, I don't care what he says, I still have hope. It just means they're not doing the port and it could be another developer. Microsoft had Gearbox do CE and had Hired Gun do Halo 2 Vista.

Well, Frankie did wait over a day to comment and didn't specifically say that the 'Halo' games were bunk. You never know. :(
feel
(02-04-2013, 09:41 PM)

Aaww :(

Halo 3 at 1080p 60/120 fps with no jaggies would've been glorious.
Omega Rex
(02-04-2013, 09:44 PM)
come on guys dont lose faith!

Even if 343 was handling the PC port it's not like he's just going to come out and say "ah shit, cats out the bag"

I've seen this stalling tactic before. I refuse to fall for it
HoosTrax
(02-04-2013, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Saty

He's aware that couches, controllers, and Saturdays exist in PC land now I assume.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(02-04-2013, 10:05 PM)
Meh, Frankie the dream crusher.
Have a Nice Day
(02-04-2013, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Saty

but PCs are for spreadsheets and aren't good for couch experience!!