• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

miladesn
(02-07-2013, 03:46 PM)
https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite...tcm9982637.pdf

will update with tidbits from conference call.
Last edited by miladesn; 02-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
MasterBalls
(02-07-2013, 03:47 PM)
It appears the better threequel sold less. I hope they make a next-gen Far Cry though, that game was very refreshing.
UrbanRats
(02-07-2013, 03:47 PM)
Damn, AC3 did crazy good.
I hope they won't stick with Connor and the USA for that reason. D:
Jb
(02-07-2013, 03:48 PM)
Ubi getting that core gamer money.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-07-2013, 03:48 PM)
And this makes Assassin's Creed 3 the biggest Assassin's Creed by about 1-2 million.

That's also a pretty huge performance for Far Cry 3.
Ein Bear
(02-07-2013, 03:49 PM)
And thus, Ubisoft are given no incentive at all to stop releasing buggy games that run like shit on consoles.
Can Crusher
Worst part of these news is that it basically confirms we are gonna see Connor again...

My last hope is that they just make Connor travel to some other part of the world.
Visualante2
Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be a good game to make next.

Originally Posted by ElTopo

No mention of Zombi U. :(

Well Just Dance 4 probably sold okay!
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-07-2013, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Can Crusher

Worst part of these news is that it basically confirms we are gonna see Connor again...

My last hope is that they just make Connor travel to some other part of the world.

The last survey hinted at co-op so it's presumably Connor and Aveline in some U.S. location.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.

Originally Posted by Nirolak

And this makes Assassin's Creed 3 the biggest Assassin's Creed by about 1-2 million.

That's also a pretty huge performance for Far Cry 3.

AC3 did not seem to deserve breaking records from the reception it got. Still have not finished it :(
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
Great numbers for two great games. Next gen Far Cry plz.
Captain Smoker
"Hey! What's your name
  then?"
"Mancomb Seepgood."

Should be around 300.000 - 500.000 units.

*Based on the 260.000 shipment number of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U - version).
Quentyn
(02-07-2013, 03:51 PM)
Is Rayman delayed? It's not on the upcoming release schedule.
Derrick01
Banned

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

AC3 did not seem to deserve breaking records from the reception it got. Still have not finished it :(

It definitely didn't. It's the worst game in the series, and probably the worst running game in the series.
szaromir
Banned
It seems yet again that excellent choice setting gave AC enormous sales despite mixed reception from critics/enthusiast gamers. We had the same situation with Assassin's Creed 1.
Can Crusher

The last survey hinted at co-op so it's presumably Connor and Aveline in some U.S. location.

UrbanRats

Hopefully i can use Aveline 100% of the time.
And hopefully she doesn't sucks ass like Connor (haven't played the vita game).
Erasus
(02-07-2013, 03:52 PM)
FC3 on PC is amazing

I also have the ps3 version but constant 25fps is eh, it looks great though.
dragonflys545

Also Rayman Legends is not Q1 ? Didn't know that.

Bomba?
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Originally Posted by Quentyn

Is Rayman delayed? It's not on the upcoming release schedule.

It would seem so.
diffusionx
I love AC3, great game and I think Ubi's investment paid off well.
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
(02-07-2013, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Derrick01

It definitely didn't. It's the worst game in the series, and probably the worst running game in the series.

I'll agree with the second half there, but I actually would put AC3 right behind 2 and Brotherhood. Ahead of 1 and Revelations.
Jackano
Full results supposedly comes out after the EU stock market closing, in about one hour.

Edit: Actually, they messed up. Two hours too early for the PR!
Last edited by Jackano; 02-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Visualante2

Originally Posted by dragonflys545

Bomba?

If it slipped into March, it wouldn't be ideal, April would fare a little better.
The Horror the horror
Looks like they sold more software on the Wii in some quarters. Is that the result of Just Dance? I didn't think it was that huge.
UrbanRats
Did Ubisoft ever hinted at Beyond Good & Evil 2 being shifted to next gen (as opposed to being completely canned)? I think if they market it right, that could really end up doing good (>2 millions), even though the first one was a total flop.
Glass Rebel
Weren't both Assassin's Creed III and FarCry 3 pretty messy on consoles? I wonder if it's going to hurt them in the long run.
TucoBenedictoPacifico
(02-07-2013, 03:54 PM)
Assassin's Creed selling insane numbers as usual. The triumph of mediocrity.
Biggzy
(02-07-2013, 03:55 PM)

Originally Posted by The Horror the horror

Looks like they sold more software on the Wii in some quarters. Is that the result of Just Dance? I didn't think it was that huge.

Just Dance is huge.
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
Vita smashing 3DS in the only metric that really matters to true hardcore gamers™

I hereby suggest we only measure handhelds according to The Ubisoft Index.
default two

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

Weren't both Assassin's Creed III and FarCry 3 pretty messy on consoles? I wonder if it's going to hurt them in the long run.

Anecdotal, but my friends who played both on consoles did not seem to notice or care about the performance issues.
LiK
Far Cry 3 is much deserved. AC3? Not so much
Jackano
(02-07-2013, 03:56 PM)
It's crazy how they don't give a shit about the handheld market. They were present at the beginning with Ghost Recon 3DS, since then, nothing. It doesn't make any sense!
pharmboy044
(02-07-2013, 03:57 PM)
Any info regarding next gen?
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
I made a separate thread about Rayman Legends here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512140
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State

Originally Posted by Jackano

It's crazy how they don't give a shit about the handheld market. They were present at the beginning with Ghost Recon 3DS, since then, nothing. It doesn't make any sense!

That Ghost Recon game was awesome too. I'd gladly buy a sequel. X-Com mixed with Ghost Recon? Yep.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-07-2013, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Deadly Cyclone

That Ghost Recon game was awesome too. I'd gladly buy a sequel. X-Com mixed with Ghost Recon? Yep.

Well, Julian Gollop left and is making his own project now.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Whereas both Brotherhood and Revelations sold a little less than their predecessors, sales of the numbered releases have been strongly consistent; I believe all three are somewhere north of 10m.
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(

Originally Posted by SmokyDave

Vita smashing 3DS in the only metric that really matters to true hardcore gamers™

I hereby suggest we only measure handhelds according to The Ubisoft Index.

Well, since Rabbids Rumble was Ubi's biggest 3DS title this FY, that's not too surprising.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-07-2013, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

Whereas both Brotherhood and Revelations sold a little less than their predecessors, sales of the numbered releases have been strongly consistent; I believe all three are somewhere north of 10m.

The only one I'm unsure about is Assassin's Creed 1, where the highest number I saw was 9 million.

It's been a few years though since then.
szaromir
Banned
(02-07-2013, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Far Cry 3 is much deserved. AC3? Not so much

It only shows what a good setting that spikes interest of the audience can do. I think it's no coincidence that 57% of Ubi's revenues come from NA, up from 50% a year ago.
darkside31337
Tomodachi wa Mahou
(02-07-2013, 04:00 PM)
Took me a few seconds to realize that Autres is just simply French for other :lol

What the heck happened to the Wii sales? Did Just Dance stop selling or is it some other title that explains the huge dropoff?
Can Crusher
(02-07-2013, 04:00 PM)
Yeah I gotta say Far Cry 3 is a great game. I had a really great time with it, but I hope they come up with a better story for Far Cry 4.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "the whole point is that it's a stupid story, it's a critique to videogame stories" thing...How about making a good story first and then do the whole irony thing?
jcm
(02-07-2013, 04:01 PM)
Vita had half as much revenue as Wii U? That's either good news for AC:L or bad news for Wii U. I suspect it's the latter.

The handheld market outside of Japan sucks. Neither Vita nor 3DS sell much software, so why make games for it?
Glass Rebel
(02-07-2013, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Friedreich

Anecdotal, but my friends who played both on consoles did not seem to notice or care about the performance issues.

I only played Far Cry 3 in splitscreen co-op on a PS3 and it was awful but I thought "well... it is splitscreen". Never experienced it for myself how bad it is.

Well, Julian Gollop left and is making his own project now.

Good. Good.

At a different pub? Indie? Kickstarter?
The Praiseworthy
(02-07-2013, 04:03 PM)
ACIII is my less favorite game in the series... I can't even bring myself to go back and complete the side trophies like I always do.

The locations setting was the most boring I've ever seen in years.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-07-2013, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I only played Far Cry 3 in splitscreen co-op on a PS3 and it was awful but I thought "well... it is splitscreen". Never experienced it for myself how bad it is.

Good. Good.

At a different pub? Indie? Kickstarter?

Indie, Chaos Reborn: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/07/ju...ayer-detailed/
Kinyou
(02-07-2013, 04:04 PM)
Wonder how the next AC will sell. I mean it seems like most players were rather disappointed and I'd imagine that the casual crowd was quickly bored by it.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-07-2013, 04:05 PM)

Judging by this they've moved their handheld line-up to mobile/browser:

Glass Rebel
(02-07-2013, 04:06 PM)

Indie, Chaos Reborn: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/07/ju...ayer-detailed/

Oh, I totally remember reading about it on RPS. Wonder what it'll be like, the blog makes it look like it'll be very close to the original but in 3D. Thanks!