• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the Rayman Legends devs aren't happy with the delay. WiiU version done?

Broken Logic

Neo Member
fyi, you guys have highly inflated sales expectations... zombi isn't even at 150k world wide for example. and that's one of the best sellers.

ive said it before, there's no software sales momentum at all for the platform

First of all, I'd also like to see the link.
Second of all, I think zombie U has a chance to keep steadily(somewhat) selling. Its got good customer reviews, even if the press generally talked down on it, so word of mouth should help as the console's numbers keep increasing. It's also pretty much on it's own field/genre when compared to first party offerings, so newcomers will still see it as a viable choice. It's not like it's going to suddenly stop selling, and if it does slow, maybe they could do the same thing they did with origins. And then we'd finally have a $20 version while the other ports sell for full price >_>.

And back to Rayman, I'm butthurt. I'd like not to say it, but this thing chafes on sooo many levels. We'll argue how this is a bad business decision, and while it normally wouldn't be (ports make sense) their timing is terrible(big year ahead, hey?), but at the end of the day, we're just crying because we're sad we don't get to play a game that was promised time and time again, despite delays. It's hard not to feel betrayed. Our expectations were heightened by constant advertisement. What else do you call the demo units Nintendo has run, or the demo game on the e-shop? Their highlights during e3 and Nintendo Directs? I'd say, Nintendo has been heavily advertising for them. How can they complain about the costs of advertising now when they've already done so much? What else could they save on? All they'd have to do is run an add or two, but for the most part, it's been done for them.

I own a Vita and a Wii U and got them both at launch full price, I'm scared to buy another launch console after all this shit it feels like i enjoy throwing away money. Lack of developer support will scare any potential customer away but what can we do if developers dont want to make games for the damn thing. The rules of the gaming industry should change because now its like sink or swim with no one to lend you a hand. On another note I guess thats the way of business only the strong survive while the weak get fed scraps until either they starve or die out. Rayman being exclusive to the Wii u was the only reason I purchased the thing so soon so i feel like a complete ass.
You didn't need to buy either system to realize the dev support was essentially zero. You have to do the research and know what you're getting.

abasm

You didn't need to buy either system to realize the dev support was essentially zero. You have to do the research and know what you're getting.

You aren't buying the system, you're buying the tool you use to play the games. At present, the Wii U has maybe...two? Three, at best. I'm not worried: the 3DS languished in relative gameslessness for nearly a year, and Nintendo's turned it around since. I know the Wii U will have a lot of games eventually, even if it's just Nintendo supporting it. That being said, I'm not buying one until enough appears to warrant dropping all of that money.

You aren't buying the system, you're buying the tool you use to play the games. At present, the Wii U has maybe...two? Three, at best. I'm not worried: the 3DS languished in relative gameslessness for nearly a year, and Nintendo's turned it around since. I know the Wii U will have a lot of games eventually, even if it's just Nintendo supporting it. That being said, I'm not buying one until enough appears to warrant dropping all of that money.

Seconded.

Damn, I kinda understand Ubi now.Shitty situation for all parties involved.

Yep. Software sales on Wii U are awful (unless you're Mario or bundled) and the sales trajectory for the console took a huge nosedive by 1.5 million consoles. People can whine all they want, but earning-potential>>>>>>whining.

Lizardus

Yep. Software sales on Wii U are awful (unless you're Mario or bundled) and the sales trajectory for the console took a huge nosedive by 1.5 million consoles. People can whine all they want, but earning-potential>>>>>>whining.

How much did Red Steel do in comparison to ZombieU in same amount of time?

Mock if old.

Eurogamer said:
Rayman creator and highly-respected game designer Michel Ancel has appeared alongside members of the Rayman Legends development team in a series of photos protesting the game's delay by company bosses.

Ancel and his team appeared holding a banner baring the words: "Sortez nous Rayman. Soutient a Ubi Montpellier."

"Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpelier." (Thanks Eurogamer.fr for the translation).

Rayman's crying face is seen in the middle of the poster.

A speech bubble emanates from his mouth. It simply says "SVP" - "please".

Link.

Except on the eShop, where indies like Frozenbyte, WayForward, Shin'en and Tomorrow Corp are doing pretty well. Better than on other consoles even in some cases.

Sonic Racing did fairly well too. Outsold all other versions in the US.

Except on the eShop, where indies like Frozenbyte, WayForward, Shin'en and Tomorrow Corp are doing pretty well. Better than on other consoles even in some cases.

Sonic Racing did fairly well too. Outsold all other versions in the US.

Which games on eShop are selling better than they are on other platforms?

Top Bottom