• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nekofrog
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:47 AM)
Nekofrog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Diddy Kong

I was going to buy this title Day 1, but now no interest. I'll stick to my Nintendo games on Wii-U and GTA V for 360.

you're the problem.
BriseFlots
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:47 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Servbot24

Is this a joke post, because that would really not help anything.

That does help. Ubisoft proved again that they don't care about anything than money. don't give them money and they'll be forced to change their way of treating employees and customers.

Or if you do have to buy the game, buy a second-hand one.
jerd
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:47 AM)

Originally Posted by ozfunghi

Nonsense. How much more could WiiU realistically have sold more? One million? 1.5? That is still is peanuts compared to 150 million and wouldn't have made that much of a difference in a larger scheme. If Ubi wanted to get the big bucks, they never should have agreed to make this a launch window exclusive to begin with.

I'm sure devs have noticed the sales trends just like GAF has. Probably won't be hitting 10k a week in Japan for much longer. Wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it. If the userbase was rapidly growing it may be a different story.

Originally Posted by Raad

Crying like children when their toys get taken away. Grow up! The game will be great. You may have to wait longer for it, so be it. Delay or no delay I will be purchasing.

Did you read the OP? This doesn't have anything to do with GAF being upset with the delay.
The Hermit
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:48 AM)
The Hermit's Avatar

Originally Posted by dreamer3kx

Huh?

https://twitter.com/GuillemotYves/st...37429072171008

what?

Oh fake... jesus
chertipros
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:48 AM)
chertipros's Avatar

Originally Posted by Servbot24

Is this a joke post, because that would really not help anything.

It would be him not supporting this money grubbing publisher bullshit. Even if Ubisoft decides that the market does not want games like this anymore at least they wouldn't be able to waste the time and efforts of developer's who would have had better stuff to do then crunch for a game that would end up getting delayed 7 months
Nerdstrom
Banned
(02-08-2013, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Chie Satonaka

Wait, wait,
How the hell is this Nintendo's fault now?

Weak launch, over priced, doing nothing to correct the sinking ship. ubi probably asked for a life jacket and nintendo said no.
qq more
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Raad

Crying like children when their toys get taken away. Grow up! The game will be great. You may have to wait longer for it, so be it. Delay or no delay I will be purchasing.

Doesn't change the fact that this is a dick move.

Although I find it silly that people are boycotting the game now.
BriseFlots
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:49 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nekofrog

you're the problem.

No, he's the solution
Huff
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:49 AM)
Huff's Avatar
Well it's a shitty move to the wiiU owner, but not supporting the publisher that seems to be supporting the wiiU the most may not be the best decision
Pociask
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:49 AM)
Pociask's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBoss

Fake. It seems we have another fake twitter account lol

Damn. I was imagining that meeting in my head. Yves all looking around when he gets in Nintendo's lobby. "Wait a minute, what happened to my men?" Iwata, all "Your men are already dead."
Servbot24
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:50 AM)
Servbot24's Avatar

Originally Posted by chertipros

It would be him not supporting this money grubbing publisher bullshit. Even if Ubisoft decides that the market does not want games like this anymore at least they wouldn't be able to waste the time and efforts of developer's who would have had better stuff to do then crunch for a game that would end up getting delayed 7 months

So because Ubisoft delayed a game a few months, you would wish for the developers to lose their jobs?

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

That does help. Ubisoft proved again that they don't care about anything than money. don't give them money and they'll be forced to change their way of treating employees and customers.

Or if you do have to buy the game, buy a second-hand one.

They'll be forced to shut down their smaller studios and release only Assassin's Creed every year, that's it.
Nekofrog
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:50 AM)
Nekofrog's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

No, he's the solution

keep thinking that. it's the kind of attitude that's causing 3rd parties to flee
The Hermit
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:50 AM)
The Hermit's Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

Thanks but thats not the worked himself, jsut some guy quoting a post and commenting on it.

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_ho-ra...s_1778079_s740
JDSN
You must walk home naked, dragging behind you the Stone of Shame.
(02-08-2013, 01:51 AM)
JDSN's Avatar
WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:

"There are no issues with the game development. All of the information was in the press release, the only reason for the delay is to release on multiple platforms," Ubisoft public relations specialist Sarah Irvin said.

"In this case, Ubisoft recently decided they wanted to release the game on multiple platforms so the decision was made to launch them all at the same time rather than separately.


So yeah, fuck them.
CambriaRising
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:52 AM)
CambriaRising's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

No, he's the solution

Don't cry if the game doesn't hit sales projections, the studio gets closed down, and there is never another Rayman title ever made, then.

If you guys don't buy it, who will?
BriseFlots
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:52 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nekofrog

keep thinking that. it's the kind of attitude that's causing 3rd parties to flee

Yeah. So having 3rd party titles is more important for you than treating employees with respect? Then I don't wantthird parties. You can keep all of them.
CrisKre
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:53 AM)
CrisKre's Avatar
This is shitty. I may or may not buy it in September. Depending on what else may be consuming my time. February was the perfect time to release it. I really hope it sells because I like the developers but personally I think it may prove to be a mistake. They should release it now for wii u and release the ports later.
Mauricio_Magus
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:53 AM)
Mauricio_Magus's Avatar
not buying it anymore, I don't care what kind of message the assholes in Ubisoft get, fuck them for doing this to the the developers and the consumers.
ohlawd
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:53 AM)
ohlawd's Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:




So yeah, fuck them.

fucking lol this entire thing is a shitfest.
Meesh
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:53 AM)
Meesh's Avatar

Originally Posted by GrayFoxPL

Dev studio treated like shit again. Pisses me off.

Basically this. I'd like to support the devs and buy the game for the system it was intended...but the suits in the business really piss me off. I want this game, was looking forward to it, it's an absolute visual stunner...now I'm divided...
Wiz
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:53 AM)
Wiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:




So yeah, fuck them.

Delayed for no good reason pretty much.
chertipros
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:53 AM)
chertipros's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nerdstrom

Weak launch, over priced, doing nothing to correct the sinking ship. ubi probably asked for a life jacket and nintendo said no.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? You think nintendo announced all those games last month because they were bored? And do you realize that Nintendo THEMSELVES have been pushing this game harder than any other 3rd party Wii U title? This game was the first wii u game allowed by nintendo to be revealed, this game was the ONLY playable game at retail Wii U demo kiosks (even at nintendo world ffs, and it think it still is), nintendo decided to publish and promote the game in the place where it would have the least chance to succeed (Japan) AND nintendo spent their time talking about this game during the Nintendo Directs that would otherwise be about their own software. Hell, I'm pretty sure this was the first wii u eshop game demo too. And nintendo didn't "throw a lifeboat"?
SquiddyCracker
Junior Member
(02-08-2013, 01:54 AM)
SquiddyCracker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nekofrog

you're the problem.

Ubisoft and the gaming industry is the problem if anything.
FSLink
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:54 AM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by nbthedude

I don't get it. I mean, I understand why from a development perspective these guys have a right to be mad that they worked really hard to meet a deadline that suddenly doesn't exist after they already met it.

But from a gamer's perspective this is just a delay like many other delays. Plenty of games are delayed for marketing reasons. It's no reason to go full on rage mode. Are you guys really just pissed that it is no longer exclusive? That's a stupid thing to be pissed about. Be glad lots of people get to play it. Origins was great. I'm sure this will be too.

Are you reading the same posts we are? Nobody is really irritated that it's no longer exclusive, it's that the Wii U version is being delayed. I'm sure the game would be great. It's just kind of baffling that the game's apparently ready to go and I'm willing to pay full price for it this month, but they delayed it 7 months to die a horrible death against GTAV, whatever Nintendo's releasing that month, and new console hype. It just makes no business sense, and now something that was a day 1 purchase for me and some Wii U owners will most likely be on the backlog.
CrisKre
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:54 AM)
CrisKre's Avatar
Oops. For people saying Nintendo is at fault.

You are letting your own agenda distort reality for you. You should check that.
Resilient
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:54 AM)
Resilient's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raad

Crying like children when their toys get taken away. Grow up! The game will be great. You may have to wait longer for it, so be it. Delay or no delay I will be purchasing.

Typical that a junior would miss the issue at hand and try to troll others in the thread. Yeah people are upset it's delayed. But they're more upset that these devs have been fucked over re crunch time. And that the game is likely going to bomb in that release window, further screwing over the devs. Are we still children now?
BriseFlots
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:54 AM)
BriseFlots's Avatar

Originally Posted by CambriaRising

Don't cry if the game doesn't hit sales projections, the studio gets closed down, and there is never another Rayman title ever made, then.

If you guys don't buy it, who will?

Nobody. And I hope that Guillemot's head will fall for it.

as for the devs, they are talented, even if the studio were to close -which is far from being the case- they''ll get a job imemediatly elsewhere.
Malvingt2
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:55 AM)
Malvingt2's Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:




So yeah, fuck them.

damn lol
Dicer
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:55 AM)
Dicer's Avatar
Such bullshit...
Randolph Freelander
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:55 AM)
Randolph Freelander's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

Yeah. So having 3rd party titles is more important for you than treating employees with respect? Then I don't wantthird parties. You can keep all of them.

Oh please. The employees can get over it or kindly get out and find a new job. This is not the first nor the last time a game will be moved on the whim of some folks down the hall thinking they can make some extra coin with a different strategy.

The Wii U platform seems to be off to a lethargic start, and Ubisoft is making a proactive move to try to make the most of the situation. That's just life.
qq more
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:55 AM)

Originally Posted by CrisKre

You are letting your own agenda distort reality for you. You should check that.

Uh, what? Wrong quote?
Mikey Jr.
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:55 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:




So yeah, fuck them.

So they are doing this purely just to release it all at the same time?

Ouch.
Akainu
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:55 AM)
Akainu's Avatar
Brain trust shouldn't have tried to make it exclusive in the first place.
CrisKre
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:56 AM)
CrisKre's Avatar

Originally Posted by qq more

Uh, what? Wrong quote?

Yep. :P
Mauricio_Magus
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:56 AM)
Mauricio_Magus's Avatar

Originally Posted by chertipros

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? You think nintendo announced all those games last month because they were bored? And do you realize that Nintendo THEMSELVES have been pushing this game harder than any other 3rd party Wii U title? This game was the first wii u game allowed by nintendo to be revealed, this game was the ONLY playable game at retail Wii U demo kiosks (even at nintendo world ffs, and it think it still is), nintendo decided to publish and promote the game in the place where it would have the least chance to succeed (Japan) AND nintendo spent their time talking about this game during the Nintendo Directs that would otherwise be about their own software. Hell, I'm pretty sure this was the first wii u eshop game demo too. And nintendo didn't "throw a lifeboat"?

I hadn't thought about all Nintendo did for Ubi, fuck them ever harder, I hope this game tanks like hell... and it's coming out the same month as GTA5, I'M GLAD!
DaBoss
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:56 AM)
DaBoss's Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:




So yeah, fuck them.

Hahaha, man this is too funny. Don't want to spend too much money on marketing.
qq more
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:56 AM)

Originally Posted by CrisKre

Yep. :P

Oh, okay. Makes sense now.
vareon
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:57 AM)
vareon's Avatar

Originally Posted by JDSN

WiiU version not having issues with development acording to Ubisoft rep:




So yeah, fuck them.

So just because? I'm still trying to make sense here other than "We don't want two marketing campaigns duh." That's kind of shitty both to players and developers.
Ydahs
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:57 AM)
Ydahs's Avatar

Originally Posted by CambriaRising

As opposed to the current Feb-March release schedule that wouldn't have swept Legends under the rug?

Being swept under the rug on the WiiU? Not a chance. Swept under the rug on the WiiU and PS3 and 360 in September? Much bigger chance.
Rash
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:57 AM)
Rash's Avatar

Originally Posted by nbthedude

But from a gamer's perspective this is just a delay like many other delays. Plenty of games are delayed for marketing reasons. It's no reason to go full on rage mode. Are you guys really just pissed that it is no longer exclusive? That's a stupid thing to be pissed about. Be glad lots of people get to play it. Origins was great. I'm sure this will be too.

If a game you'd been looking forward to was a mere three weeks away and then got delayed seven months (with the reason being anything other than "the game needs more polish or more content added), then you'd probably be a little bit peeved, eh? It's not unreasonable. This kind of delay was just asking for trouble.

This screwed over Wii U owners and the dev team as well. There isn't just one thing about the delay that's bad.
evangd007
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:57 AM)
evangd007's Avatar
They got told that the game was delayed 6 months and they had to port it on the last week of crunch? What assholes.
Nekofrog
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:58 AM)
Nekofrog's Avatar

Originally Posted by BriseFlots

Yeah. So having 3rd party titles is more important for you than treating employees with respect? Then I don't wantthird parties. You can keep all of them.

if you're looking for respect, you've got the wrong hobby.

name me 5 3rd party games on any system you like, i guarantee at least 3 of them had severe crunch time.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(02-08-2013, 01:58 AM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar

Originally Posted by Servbot24

Is this a joke post, because that would really not help anything.

Publisher still gets a cut of whatever you spend making this a dirty situation. Best course of action would be no one buys Publisher gets burned and Dev goes out of business. Buying feeds developer but Publisher lives on to abuse that developer again and leech you out of your money in the future. One game won't kill Ubisoft but still.

This is just shitty

The only way I am buying this game is if Ubisoft releases the Wii U version within the next 30 days. Supporting a hardworking developer under those conditions is not really fixing the issue.

And I thought we had photoshopped Hiroshi Yamauchi in a Pimp suit and hat.
GreatMightySymp
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:58 AM)
GreatMightySymp's Avatar
That's a real dick move having the development team overwork themselves for nothing when the suits probably knew way in advance that it would be released later.
Zen_Arcade
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:58 AM)
Zen_Arcade's Avatar

Originally Posted by Randolph Freelander

Oh please. The employees can get over it or kindly get out and find a new job. This is not the first nor the last time a game will be moved on the whim of some folks down the hall thinking they can make some extra coin with a different strategy.

The Wii U platform seems to be off to a lethargic start, and Ubisoft is making a proactive move to try to make the most of the situation. That's just life.

It's not proactive. It buries the game in between GTAV and new console hype. Far fewer people are going to buy it in 7 months. There's no reason the Wii U version shouldn't come out now, when it's supposedly so close to being ready.
cloudyy
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:58 AM)
cloudyy's Avatar
I'm boycotting every Ubisoft game from now on, oh wait, I already do! They rubbed me the wrong way since all that DRM always-on situation and all their shovelware.

To be honest I wasn't interested in Rayman, didn't really like Origins when I played it at my brother's. Since I'm pretty sure my brother will in no way buy the game during september with all those other games, I'm probably going to buy Legends for him, just to support the devs.
ozfunghi
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:58 AM)
ozfunghi's Avatar

Originally Posted by cyberheater

Then you explain it.

They wanted more money, sure. But i doubt WiiU launch being "not great" would be the dealbreaker, because it would always have been a small number however you slice it. Whether they sell 250.000 or 325.000 copies... that's not going to make or break the game, compared to the potential of selling a multitude of that amount. And if it did, they're idiots. WiiU isn't a total bomb, it still outsells PSVita relatively to it's release, which got a dedicated AC game. They just made a dick move, regardless of WiiU sales.
TheGreyHulk
Member
(02-08-2013, 01:59 AM)
TheGreyHulk's Avatar
sucks for the devs having to push so hard only to find out they have a lot more time than planned.

luckily, they're still employed for many months and the game will be awesome. definitely buying this
fi1ip
Junior Member
(02-08-2013, 02:00 AM)
fi1ip's Avatar
What a fiasco.
Diddy Kong
Member
(02-08-2013, 02:00 AM)
Diddy Kong's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nekofrog

you're the problem.

Ubisoft is the problem. The game is practically finished and they're holding it back.

Thread Tools