• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics coming to Android with enhanced graphics

Hmm. I do have an Android tablet...

*Looks at PSP with War of the Lions and copy of FFT for PSX on his shelf*

Yeah, I'd buy it. I might actually play it this time (yeah, right)!

Also, I typically hate the look of remastered FF games (specifically the screens of FF1 and 2, SPECIFICALLY the font!), but this actually looks good to me!

Skilletor

I'm not familiar with the Android ecosystem. If I buy this on my note 2, can I also play it on my note 10.1 or is it separate just like iOs?

(I just got the tablet last week.)

iavi

I'm not familiar with the Android ecosystem. If I buy this on my note 2, can I also play it on my note 10.1 or is it separate just like iOs?

(I just got the tablet last week.)

You can buy it on any Android device and play it anywhere. I'm going to play it across both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. None of this having to rebuy because it isn't universal nonsense.

Not that I'm ungrateful, but a one-time-purchase remake of a classic game rather than Theatrhythm? I'll buy it because I'm a schmuck, but only because my PSP is spending the rest of eternity in a box somewhere.

Balphon

What a silly thing to say. I played the original and liked it just fine. And I played the PSP one and found it to be a great experience.

The slowdown was MAYBE noticeable during really heavy graphical effects, like big spells or big summons, and I rarely used those anyways. Otherwise? No slowdown at all.

The PSP's better translation and cutscenes far outweigh any negatives.

It was pretty obvious for just about everything with a spell effect, especially when it distorted and/or desynced the SFX.

Big-E

It was pretty obvious for just about everything with a spell effect, especially when it distorted and/or desynced the SFX.

Ya, I find that anyone who felt things were fine has something wrong with then. There was slowdown using fucking accumulate even.

I'll never understand how there has never been a true sequel to FF Tactics. Not FFT advanced but a true FF Tactics!

Square Soft just hates to make money.

Well...shiiiiite.

On top of the PSX original, I already got the PSP War of the Lions, and just today purchased the War of the Lions PSN edition as part of my Final Fantasy 25th anniversary 50% off spending spree. I would be tempted to get it on my Galaxy Nexus.

The funny thing is I must at put like 80 hours into it and have not once actually beat it in all the years.

I'll never understand how there has never been a true sequel to FF Tactics. Not FFT advanced but a true FF Tactics!

Square Soft just hates to make money.
No, if they hated money the spin-offs wouldn't have been made. The reason there wasn't a sequel is because the director didn't want to work on one and/or was kept busy with other projects. After Tactics Matsuno made Vagrant Story and right after that he started work on Final Fantasy XII.

No, if they hated money the spin-offs wouldn't have been made. The reason there wasn't a sequel is because the director didn't want to work on one and/or was kept busy with other projects. After Tactics Matsuno made Vagrant Story and right after that he started work on Final Fantasy XII.

Then give it to another team/director? Hell I'd kill orphans to have a FF Tactics using FF12 models and graphics.

Roland

Is Cthulhu stable on Nexus 7? I bought it when it first came out, it crashed like crazy and then they took it off the compatibility list on Google Play. I think it came back, but I don't want to waste space downloading it again if it's still buggy.

And my Nexus 4&7 are ready for Tactics.

Is Cthulhu stable on Nexus 7? I bought it when it first came out, it crashed like crazy and then they took it off the compatibility list on Google Play. I think it came back, but I don't want to waste space downloading it again if it's still buggy.

And my Nexus 4&7 are ready for Tactics.

I've played about an hour of it in one sitting without any crashes, I think it's stable. You may as well try it, the download is < 700k ;)

Roland

I know the initial download off of Google Play is small, but then it requires another download that's several hundred MB. Or did they get rid of that?

Goli

All the Square stuff, so:

- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy II
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy Dimensions
- Chaos Rings

The Zeboyd games are also good:

- Cthulhu Saves the World
- Penny Arcade Rain-Slick (etc) Ep3

There's also a studio which does nothing but JRPGs called Kemco, but I haven't tried any of their wares yet so I can't vouch for the quality.

Sort of off-topic, but Kemco's RPGs are like super generic SNES-PS1 JRPGs. They have all the clichés you'd expect from a game released around that time, yet they still manage to be fun.

Top Bottom