• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

zon

Ahah these xbox fan's replies with games from playstation are hilarious! The butthurt is so big but understandable when durango is pretty much confirmed to be the ultimate casaul shovelware console with kinect 2.0.

Third place again for xbox.

This is great, we need more immature bickering like this. It's entertaining to read.

Rat Salad

Banned
Someone is really worried about Microsoft here.
If Sony wanne build confidence going forward then they could start by releasing monthly PS3 numbers without any shenanigans. Same old Sony. Already talking shit about nxt gen while still using smoke and mirrors to hide their current console numbers. Does anyone really think theyve learned a godamn thing? Hmmm. It doesnt look to be very good for them when they still have the same monkeys running the circus. LOL.

brace for impact ...it's gonna get rough

Boating-Gone-Bad.gif

FordGTGuy

Banned

Feature

Banned
Oh dear Sony, poo-pooing the casual audience you tried so desperately to attract... again? Poor form indeed.

This casual audience of soccer moms and little kids will never hear about this let alone care.

New Playstation controller prototype has Move support built-in and everything so far shows that the PS4 is going to be launching with a new version of Move.

But the move works unlike the kinect.

Am right though, even Microsoft itself is saying they're going for a more casual (crap) market with horrible kinect as a focus:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513338

Everything I said was true based on that.

I disagree. Having read the entire article, it's clear that there will be a focus on providing entertainment, but it is by no means the end and be all of what the console will offer.

Regarding Kinect. We've yet to see what they have in mind. It could be as simple as using kinect to navigate the dashboard and become ancillary to the gaming experience. Nothing in the article suggests there will be an unhealthy focus on Kinect.

FordGTGuy

Banned
This casual audience of soccer moms and little kids will never hear about this let alone care.

But the move works unlike the kinect.

Strawman, both can be considered devices focused on the casual.

Bottom-line(man I say that a lot) we have no idea what the first party for either the PS4 or Xbox 720 launch will look like when it comes to Move or Kinect.

G_Berry

Banned
Ahah these xbox fan's replies with games from playstation are hilarious! The butthurt is so big but understandable when durango is pretty much confirmed to be the ultimate casaul shovelware console with kinect 2.0.

SMH

FordGTGuy

Banned
True, but a device functioning well will be more attractive to non-casuals than a device which is so error prone that it's just turned into an expensive gimmick.

We have no idea how well the new Kinect or Move will perform, Kinect's main problem right now is the lag and the low resolution of the camera. Both will most likely be improved* with the next Kinect and I'm sure we'll see the Move improve and fix some problems it has also.

I disagree. Why would we care about a console war when most of us work and are able to afford both the PS4 and the next box as well as the Wii U, a gaming PC and both the 3DS and Vita?

Console wars are for kids or fanatical console warriors who see supporting their console of choice and defending its honour as the most important thing in their lives.

The wretches of GamesFAQ come to mind when thinking about last point.

Jesus H. Christ man! the fact that you are a responsible adult and you work should be the very reason why you shouldn't have all those gaming devices, you should spend your time more wisely than owning and playing every single Goddamn gaming device that's out there. I mean unless you work in the gaming industry and need them for research etc.

Where are you working that you not only have the luxury to purchase all this, you even have the luxury of time to play them all?

You might as well say, there's no need for Chevy or Ford or Dodge fanboys, we all have jobs and we could all afford a mustang, a Challenger and a Camaro in our three house garages.

As far as fanboizm goes, I don't get it, well I kinda see why some people act a certain way and get all worked up, but what I mean is, I myself am not fazed by it, I am barely entertained by it, let alone emotionally being invested in it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

I love how you edited out weaker but kept the rest of the shit in there.

Lean in to it, son.

javac

Not a fan of the kaz gifs lol. There so out of place. He's some old dude who barely breaks a smile these days, but everyone makes him out to be the life of the party lmao. Making it out to be like the PS4 event is going to change the world, with Yoshida acting like he's a badass or something. I guess that's why people find them funny or something. I'm just a stick in mud. no fun allowed.

with the wiiu struggling and gamers turned off of Mattricks direction for xbox I can see ps4 utterly dominating and sadly arrogant Sony will be back. No need for it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How dare they slam Deepak Chopra's Leela.

Feature

Banned
I love how you edited out weaker but kept the rest of the shit in there.

Lean in to it, son.

I edited the last line it but accidently deleted the whole post. Had it saved in a copy but that was earlier version. The console is definitely much weaker than the PS4 based on the leaks.

I have now edited it back in for your pleasure. Thank you for reviewing my posts. boy.

Raad

Banned
My apologies, you seem to have taken offence where none was intended. I, of course, didn't factor in the minimum wage worker into my broad description

No, you didn't factor in people that work full time and have a mortgage. It's easy when your at home with mum and dad.

DaBoss

Wow. Well done on bringing money, maturity and stupidity into a statement about 3 companies battling it out for a new generation.
Think your the one who should go back to gamesFAQ. Also, a lot of people who do work cannot afford all consoles.
No, you didn't factor in people that work full time and have a mortgage. It's easy when your at home with mum and dad.

Umm, what? Did you see what the poster said that Miles was quoting? Here is the post:

Anyone who doesn't like a good console war is fucking lame. Bring on the shit talking!

Miles' reply was appropriate.

Ahah these xbox fan's replies with games from playstation are hilarious! The butthurt is so big but understandable when durango is pretty much confirmed to be the ultimate casaul shovelware (weaker) console with kinect 2.0.

Am right though, Microsoft will focus on kinect crap and casual shovelware based on:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513338

The tension is rising, bring on the 20th.

Reiko

Banned
I edited the last line it but accidently deleted the whole post. Had it saved in a copy but that was earlier version. The console is definitely much weaker than the PS4 based on the leaks.

I have now edited it back in for your pleasure. Thank you for reviewing my posts. boy.
Anyone looking for a serious gap between these 2 consoles in performance is going to come out disappointed.

Valkyria

Banned
Jesus H. Christ man! the fact that you are a responsible adult and you work should be the very reason why you shouldn't have all those gaming devices, you should spend your time more wisely than owning and playing every single Goddamn gaming device that's out there. I mean unless you work in the gaming industry and need them for research etc.

Where are you working that you not only have the luxury to purchase all this, you even have the luxury of time to play them all?

You might as well say, there's no need for Chevy or Ford or Dodge fanboys, we all have jobs and we could all afford a mustang, a Challenger and a Camaro in our three house garages.

As far as fanboizm goes, I don't get it, well I kinda see why some people act a certain way and get all worked up, but what I mean is, I myself am not fazed by it, I am barely entertained by it, let alone emotionally being invested in it.

How old are you? Biggest nonsense ever wrote.

How old are you? Biggest nonsense ever wrote.

What does my age have to do with anything? What nonsense? If you do not own every single gaming device you are talking nonsense? is that what you are trying to tell me?

I am confused, I also admit I am new to this side of GAF ( hardcore gaming/fanboy side of things) and to be honest I am finding many posts fascinating, in a sad sort of way.

Sigh I miss being excited for consoles. The magic the graphics, the launch games.

Kinda wish I didn't have next gen for a few years now.

It pleases me to see the good old console wars muckraking beginning in earnest. Three cheers for Sony & Microsoft! Now, you have the rest of the year to convince me that your prospective console will best serve me as a gamer who wants to play games and doesn't give much of a shit about any ancillary features your machine may have. GO.

Responsibility has little to do with it. I'm in my twenties, have a very well paid job and not many commitments.

The amount of free time for gaming is subjective on a number of external factors, but I usually get upwards of 40 hours of gaming done in any one week.

For example, I'll take my Vita to work on any given day, play it on the train ride in, play it at lunch (if I'm not lunching with colleagues or friends) and play it again on my way home. That's nearly 4 hours of game time done in just one day and that's before I get home and use my home consoles or PC.

You assume wrongly. My parents are dead.

Even if they weren't, why do you automatically assume that I / anyone who can afford all consoles is someone who lives at home with their mum and dad?

Right so let me get this straight, GAF explodes when Nintendo/MS/Sony pander towards the casual crowd and go on about how they're forgetting the "core". But the second one of the three start making moves to the core, GAF once again explodes, one can't win I suppose!

thisisneogaf.gif

Hasney

You assume wrongly. My parents are dead.

Even if they weren't, why do you automatically assume that I / anyone who can afford all consoles is someone who lives at home with their mum and dad?

Correct, this is silly logic. Having a nice job with no debt means that I can buy one of the new consoles day 1 with a couple of games if I like out of one pay. I know my circumstances don't match everybodys, but saying that I must live with parents to be able to afford one is also a massive generalisation.

Right so let me get this straight, GAF explodes when Nintendo/MS/Sony pander towards the casual crowd and go on about how they're forgetting the "core". But the second one of the three start making moves to the core, GAF once again explodes, one can't win I suppose!

thisisneogaf.gif

Group of people with differing viewpoints possibly? The negative always appears to be the loudest, which is why it's noticed more often.

I'm liking the ads if I'm perfectly honest and would like them if they came from MS/Nintendo too. I want some proper jabs at each other, not this PR double-speak bullshit from press officers all the time. "YES NINTENDO WII IS LOOKING VERY STRONG BUT THEY'RE IN A DIFFERENT MARKET. LOOK AT US, WE'RE SO FRIENDLY ABOUT THEM WHILE SEETHING."

Feature

Banned

thisisneogaf.gif

You do realise you're part of neogaf right?

InPlosion

It is hilarious to see a lot of people dissing the move as a "casual" and "useless" control method.

No matter it is a lot better for fps games than the standard dual thumbstick controller eh?
I'm not saying this out of first hand experience, but the device is supposed to be a copy pasted/improved version of the wiimote right? Well, to me, a pc focused gamer, playing fps games with the "wagglestick" felt a lot more natural and comfortable than any controller.

Sony's choice of including move out of the box could be a good one, given fps devs provide support this time around.

Sakujou

Banned
Are they serious?

Being arrogant again?
Oh Gawd, why....

I hope once again, Sony gets bitchslapped again, when they are trying to be once again like
"next-gen start when we are announcing it"

But what really is surprising, is the fact that microsoft is sitting on their fence and just wait until the sony show is over....

why do they do that???

could it be that both companies have agreed to some secret? to have both systems equally strong or something like that?

Correct, this is silly logic. Having a nice job with no debt means that I can buy one of the new consoles day 1 with a couple of games if I like out of one pay. I know my circumstances don't match everybodys, but generalising that I must live with parents to be able to afford one is also a massive generalisation.

Precisely. I was fortunate to leave University with little debt due to entering and graduating before the extortionate tuition fees came into effect. I was also fortunate to land a relatively well paid job within a few weeks of leaving University, which helped to pay off the debt I did have within a a couple of months.

I'm currently debt free and this affords me a reasonably large pool of disposable income of which I put 60% away in a savings account for a rainy day/large purchases and the rest goes on gaming and other entertainment/leisure pursuits.

I was perhaps short-sighted to assume the same would apply to the majority of members. That's entirely on me and I have since apologised.

Top Bottom