• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

ibxon1DR9B6odh.png
This means they've done more advertising for a Mario game than the new Sly.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sony sure aren't trying to win over customers by being likable. They are like the car companies that have to bring up the Camry and Corolla in their commercials.
And nobody cares. Do you see anybody getting mad or cringing at other cars showing up in another company's commercials? Not in the US they dont. It's pretty common and has been for years now.

In other news pot calls kettle black!

Seriously both of these consoles will continue to sell yoga and both will include motion controls. They both desperately want to cut into that wiifit market and be "entertainment machines" neither side is going to stop trying to scoop up casuals and the soccer mom market. Pretending otherwise is just dumb and takes a lot of sting out of that quote. I mean the PS3 has great gaming gems like wonderbook and motion fit.

As for the console wars, I don't choose sides I buy all of them. Why restrict my options when it comes to games I want more. I'm happy if all these consoles succeed. Less games and gaming platforms has never made me happy.

DEADEVIL

I have been wondering about this as well.

So these are just little text ads as one was a screen shot from a phone.

There arent any links and someone just posts it on GAF and it's suddenly news.

So basically people are getting bamboozled into a fake console war that doesnt exist.

They've given a negative message about casual gaming on PS, as something derogatory, not wanted. . . and it looks like Nintendo isn't going to get the casuals this time. So I guess MS will happily take them, which is good for them because they've lost the core gamer so need all the help they can get right GAF? "harmless fun ad" and "casual gaming still welcome" spin incoming. . . :)

Nah, Apple has a patent on the casual gaming market, and will sue any other company that's successful in that area.

(But seriously folks, all the casuals are playing games on their tablets and smartphones, and they aren't going to come back)

rdrr gnr

I thought the exact same thing while watching the Nintendo Direct this week. I don't care if Iwata was wearing a Luigi hat, he was showing off 6 new versions of the same Mario games they've been making over and over again for my entire life.
Did you catch the meltdowns?
In other news pot calls kettle black!

Seriously both of these consoles will continue to sell yoga and both will include motion controls. They both desperately want to cut into that wiifit market and be "entertainment machines" neither side is going to stop trying to scoop up casuals and the soccer mom market. Pretending otherwise is just dumb and takes a lot of sting out of that quote. I mean the PS3 has great gaming gems like wonderbook and motion fit.

As for the console wars, I don't choose sides I buy all of them. Why restrict my options when it comes to games I want more. I'm happy if all these consoles succeed. Less games and gaming platforms has never made me happy.
Damn. There are like five different posters with this avatar.

DocSeuss

Nah, Apple has a patent on the casual gaming market, and will sue any other company that's successful in that area.

(But seriously folks, all the casuals are playing games on their tablets and smartphones, and they aren't going to come back)

They aren't going to come back because they never left because they were never here to begin with.

Oh shit it is? Damn. Sony's going all out.

I haven't read through this thread so hopefully it didn't turn out like the last, but I'm fine with these ads. No harm in some playful jabs at the competitors. Can't believe its only three days away.

Edit: OMG the iOS ad killed me.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
This means they've done more advertising for a Mario game than the new Sly.

Hahah. This got me. Well done.

I'm really enjoying this minor ad campaign. It plays to the sentiments of elements of the hardcore gaming crowd well. Hopefully they keep it up and it's indicative of the initial direction for the PS4.

Text ads on Google- I'm sure these will reach about 0.00005% of the total populace. Good for fanboy fodder on forums as I doubt somebody who was waffling between systems would be swayed to a PS3 by this. Hey, but to each his own.

Text ads on Google- I'm sure these will reach about 0.00005% of the total populace. Good for fanboy fodder on forums as I doubt somebody who was waffling between systems would be swayed to a PS3 by this. Hey, but to each his own.

Threads like this one and others around the net have multiplied the effect by thousands of times. That's some shrewd ass marketing.

Top Bottom