• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

Videoneon

1353138843613yru8w.gif

That gif....

:lol

The hype is on their side. I'll admit I'm anticipating what's going on and hope to watch the conference.

I absolutely adore the contrast between the response to this thread versus the one about the Microsoft executive.
"Microsoft is scared, that's why they're taking shots at Stony"

This thread:
"LOL, Sony got Microsoft good"

I've never been here for a console unveiling but this is really entertaining. Keep going GAF, I hope when Microsoft reveals we can similar energy from everyone. I don't know if Mattrick/Spencer/etc lend themselves as well to GIFs but we'll see!

I actually think Yoga, fitness etc has its place in the gaming world. I used to sing a different tune, but seeing my sister and mom play Wii Fit and the like whereas they would never go to the gym makes me a believer that those kind of games should exist.

DasMarcos

Banned
I gotta say. Sony has all the momentum at the moment. Disappointing Wii U sales, Microsoft talking about their "entertainment hub" and I'm terribly excited for the PS4.

I absolutely adore the contrast between the response to this thread versus the one about the Microsoft executive.
"Microsoft is scared, that's why they're taking shots at Stony"

This thread:
"LOL, Sony got Microsoft good"

I've never been here for a console unveiling but this is really entertaining. Keep going GAF, I hope when Microsoft reveals we can similar energy from everyone. I don't know if Mattrick/Spencer/etc lend themselves as well to GIFs but we'll see!

GAF is mostly Sony/Nintendo fans. Microsoft fans are a dime a dozen here. It's easy to see why too. Microsoft constantly seems to be moving away from gaming which really paints them in a negative light.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

I don't think Mattrick does.

Kaz is liked because he is amusing with his "RIDGEEEEEEEEE RACEEEEEEEEEEEER" and bombing with the at&t thing and laughing like a crazy person.

Mattrick is just a person that likes to clap.

Ballmer works for gifs but he doesn't have the gaming legacy that Kaz has.

MAX PAYMENT

Damnit to hell. I have a hard enough time convincing friends and family that gaming isn't for children. Trash talk on a corporate level is so fucking embarrassing. -50 points Sony.

Elginer

This thread is magical. It's nice to see Sony growing some balls like the PS2 days of old. Ahh, sweet memories of console wars past.

Tyrax

GAF is mostly Sony/Nintendo fans. Microsoft fans are a dime a dozen here. It's easy to see why too. Microsoft constantly seems to be moving away from gaming which really paints them in a negative light.

I love GAF, but looking at NPDs and the response to the Vita, I don't think that GAF is actually representative of the gaming community at large.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I love GAF, but looking at NPDs and the response to the Vita, I don't think that GAF is actually representative of the gaming community at large.
Sounds like a lot of selection and confirmation bias at play here.

Vita-GAF had plenty of people banned for thread-whining because so many Vita threads were used to shit on the bad sales of the machine and they seeked shelter in the general Vita games thread.

The only thing this forum is, is pro-games.

All platforms have better and worse years and that shows in the responses in threads.

Right now people are riding high on the hype because of what COULD be. Soon reality will hit and people will be back to being pessimistic about the gaming future.

Respawn

Banned
This combined with the Yoga jabs, Sony is back to arrogant mode and feeling themselves.

Maybe they know how to man up instead of the false cries of arrogance? Seems everyday there's a comment that doesn't make sense. Welcome to earth and industry traveler.

jeremy1456

This thread is magical. It's nice to see Sony growing some balls like the PS2 days of old. Ahh, sweet memories of console wars past.

The last time they had balls I seem to remember some executive dissing the fan base claiming that the first five million PS3s would sell even if No games were released.

Yeah.

For me they seem like they're in "gamer Sony" mode. Gamer Sony is what gave us the amazing PS2 years.

They might just be singing PR bullshit... but at least I like this song.

That is how I feel.

No matter what, companies are gona spin their tune to fit whatever they are pushing.
Their current spin suggest they actually have some games and possibly some hardware to back it up.

It's when companies pretend motion shit is worth your time or when they start spouting the words visceral that you need to worry.
Or when reggie repeatedly insists that batman on wii U is a DIFFERENT game.
As soon as nintendo has the next zelda ready reggie won't try to bullshit like that anymore.

Spindoctors gona spin, you just have to be read between the lines and decide if you are interested in what's behind all the diarhea that comes out of their mouths.

Codeblew

That usually means there are a lot. Just pointing it out since it goes against the point I think you were trying to make.

Top Bottom