• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

jello44
(02-17-2013, 03:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Femmeworth

Don't start this shit, even in jest.

creid
(02-17-2013, 06:12 AM)
Damn, I already have the PS1 version, but would've rather played the PSP version first. Say it ain't so, Atlus!
Alec2DaBreen
(02-17-2013, 11:08 AM)
As a new member of PersonaGAF, I want absolutely every iteration and port of every Persona game ever on my Vita.

As Dyack requested, I must stand and be counted.
Marmaladefire
(02-17-2013, 11:12 AM)
And here I thought I could maybe have a reason to pick my PSP back up. Damn you Atlus.
shinkansen.3000
(02-17-2013, 02:47 PM)
Better than nothing I guess... :/

I guess I'll play through this and then go for the second playthrough on the Japanese PSP release.

Originally Posted by NichM

No guarantees (since EP never came out in Europe on PSOne, it'd mean getting it rated for those territories) but I'll ask about it on Tuesday.

I'm joining in on the choir of people thanking you for the trouble. Much appreciated, thanks.
jello44
(02-17-2013, 06:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Marmaladefire

And here I thought I could maybe have a reason to pick my PSP back up. Damn you Atlus.

You could always play the PSN version on it.

Problem solved. :P
Finalow
(02-17-2013, 06:56 PM)
ya, better than nothing. I'm not going to buy it anyway since I already own the game.
shinkansen.3000
(02-17-2013, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by jello44

You could always play the PSN version on it.

Problem solved. :P

Don't Ps1 games show up as a small rectangle in the middle of the screen when played on PSP?
I don't know if I'd like that... good thing at least it can be played on Ps3.
Mauricio_Magus
(02-17-2013, 07:02 PM)
we need a fan-translation of the PSP one
EvilKatarn
(02-17-2013, 07:03 PM)
Still gonna wait for Eternal Punishment Portable... in Europe.
famfrit
(02-17-2013, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Takao

We live in a world where Aksys announced the localization of a dating sim with Keiji Inafune's niece, but Atlus is afraid to localize a remake in their star franchise on the same platform.

We live in a very strange world.

Better than nothing, and PSV can stand for Persona Vita at last.

Yes, it's the end of world.

By the way, hell yeah for Persona 2 release in psn.
jello44
(02-17-2013, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by shinkansen.3000

Don't Ps1 games show up as a small rectangle in the middle of the screen when played on PSP?
I don't know if I'd like that... good thing at least it can be played on Ps3.

You can stretch it to fit full screen.
The Mana Legend
Banned
(02-17-2013, 07:15 PM)

Originally Posted by jello44

You can stretch it to fit full screen.

And they look awful.

Just thought I'd add that.
buddha0991
(02-17-2013, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

It's decent. It's SMT II without the story or towns. It's JUST dungeons.

Good story, what little it has.

Sounds ok to me, if I could deal with the Snow Queen Quest, and I think I actually enjoyed The Answer more than The Journey, because it reminded me of old school MegaTen more, I think I can deal with it.
idlethreats
(02-18-2013, 06:26 AM)

Originally Posted by NichM

Nah, but I'm happy this is at least known now. I wrote a PSBlog article about it that will probably go up in a couple weeks, which touches on why the PSP version couldn't happen--and that's a "couldn't," not a "didn't," which is sadly all I'll ever really be able to say. It didn't have anything to do with fears of low sales.

Late to this thread but just wanted to say thanks, Nich, for giving us a conclusive answer to EP PSP and to Atlus in general, for giving us EP PS1 in its absence.
Hours Left
(02-18-2013, 07:55 AM)
This is makes me more depressed than happy. I was really hoping for the PSP version.

I think I'm gonna put my planned Persona series playthrough on indefinite hold now. :/
Augemitbutter
(02-18-2013, 07:59 AM)
good for newcomers who want to play the best Persona games. no new content means i'll have to skip this.

maybe next time. let's positive thinking, right?
Hours Left
(02-18-2013, 08:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Augemitbutter

good for newcomers who want to play the best Persona games. no new content means i'll have to skip this.

"Couldn't happen" is pretty definite. I don't know what to think about that.

Even though it was pretty bleak for a while, I was still clinging to a sliver of hope, especially with all the other niche PSP games that are still coming. Now I just feel deflated.
Augemitbutter
(02-18-2013, 08:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Gunloc

"Couldn't happen" is pretty definite. I don't know what to think about that.

Even though it was pretty bleak for a while, I was still clinging to a sliver of hope, especially with all the other niche PSP games that are still coming. Now I just feel deflated.

yea, looking at the other releases this should have been safe. fan translators are your biggest chance now.
Xiul
(02-18-2013, 08:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Augemitbutter

I am in the same boat, very dissapointed of Atlus.
nerdstick
(02-18-2013, 10:05 PM)
For someone that hasn't played P2, is it even worth bothering to play the PSP version of IS? Since you'll just have to downgrade to the PS1 version of the sequel anyways, seems like you're better off just playing the PS1 versions of both. Really wish they didn't go half-way on it..
Balb
(02-18-2013, 10:07 PM)

Originally Posted by nerdstick

For someone that hasn't played P2, is it even worth bothering to play the PSP version of IS? Since you'll just have to downgrade to the PS1 version of the sequel anyways, seems like you're better off just playing the PS1 versions of both. Really wish they didn't go half-way on it..

IS wasn't released in English on the PS1 if that means anything to you.
nerdstick
(02-18-2013, 10:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Balb

IS wasn't released in English on the PS1 if that means anything to you.

Ah, that is a good reason. That's hilarious.
Suppose I might just stick with the rest of the games in the series and wait it out.
Hours Left
(02-19-2013, 01:38 AM)

Originally Posted by nerdstick

Ah, that is a good reason. That's hilarious.
Suppose I might just stick with the rest of the games in the series and wait it out.

The Persona 2 set of games is cursed. We apparently can only get one half at a time.
Nairume
(02-19-2013, 01:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Gunloc

The Persona 2 set of games is cursed. We apparently can only get one half at a time.

Well, to be fair, you'll be able to play both games on the PSP and Vita either way now.
Hours Left
(02-19-2013, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Nairume

Well, to be fair, you'll be able to play both games on the PSP and Vita either way now.

That's not my point though.

The PSP version of IS is not meant to be played in tandem with the PSX version of EP, and vice versa. (And that's how these games are best experienced, in tandem.) Plus, it's hard to go to back to a version of the game with less content.

I'm happy that it's coming out on PSN, but I'm more disappointed that we won't be getting the enhanced version. It sours the experience.
Last edited by Hours Left; 02-19-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Chemo
(02-19-2013, 02:07 AM)
Here's a thought: Atlus could totally port both PSP games to Vita as a Persona 2 Complete bundle and add trophies to both games and charge us $40 for the two, and localize that. That would be fantastic.

Please pass this along to whoever, Atlus employees. I'd also buy a P4G-style version of Persona 3 FES for full price, too (for the fourth time). Take every last bit of my money.
Skyzard
(02-19-2013, 02:08 AM)
Do you think it would it be tolerable after playing Persona 4 on PSV? Never played the original. Is it similar to P3P?
buddha0991
(02-19-2013, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Skyzard

Do you think it would it be tolerable after playing Persona 4 on PSV? Never played the original. Is it similar to P3P?

almost a completely different game.
Eusis
(02-19-2013, 02:16 AM)

It may be hard to get into (I found SMT:N onwards are FAR more playable than any English titles we got beforehand), but IS is supposed to be pretty easy, and at worst you can just follow Faqs and brute force with ideal Personas. A bit of grinding, but not entirely in the usual sense: there's cards you'll want to get to make Personas, and that can require going through conversations with demons over and over again to accumulate enough. Persona 3 and 4 handled it way better I think by only letting you manage the MC's Persona (and by proxy removing restraints) and just straight up giving you Personas that usually serve as fusion fodder.
Nairume
(02-19-2013, 02:16 AM)

Not even close.

If you liked P3 and P4 for being a refreshing twist on the genre or what have you, you will almost definitely not like transitioning to P2.
Conan-san
(02-19-2013, 10:46 AM)
Will this be region locked too? Far be it for Atlus to stop being assholes now.
Tizoc
Banned
(02-19-2013, 10:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Conan-san

As far as I know, Persona 4 Golden is not region locked.
No PSX game on US PSN is region locked, you can test this yourself by getting the FF games on sale atm for example. If you have a Vita and it is using an EU account, you won't be able to transfer it though, since only content from the account on the Vita is accepted.
michaelius
(02-19-2013, 10:53 AM)

P1 and P2 are dungeon crawlers only - none of that lowly social stuff from P3/P4
Sir_Crocodile
(02-19-2013, 11:13 AM)
Well I guess this digs the grave of the psp localisation.

Better then nothing for those who haven't played it at all, but I already have this on the psx :/
Volcynika
(02-19-2013, 01:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Conan-san

This is just a silly question considering their reasoning for why they region-locked P4A.
AtomskEater
(02-19-2013, 01:19 PM)
Not the most satisfying conclusion, but I'll take it.
I so regret selling my copy of EP.
graywolf323
(02-25-2013, 12:43 AM)
bumping this up because it's releasing Tuesday

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-new-releases/
randomkid
(02-25-2013, 01:20 AM)
That's what's UP, wonder if it'll be 5.99 or 9.99. Either way, I'm glad I didn't start SMT2 cuz I know what I'll be playing the moment it hits on Tuesday. Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait, gonna find out how the story concludes finally, yeah!

Should definitely be a new thread when Nich's blog entry goes up.
buddha0991
(02-25-2013, 01:22 AM)
It's time.
Tizoc
Banned
(02-25-2013, 04:18 AM)
Imagine if this game also happens to be this week's Plus Freebie for US; I would've saved myself $3 at least lol.
cj_iwakura
(02-25-2013, 04:25 AM)

Originally Posted by randomkid

That's what's UP, wonder if it'll be 5.99 or 9.99. Either way, I'm glad I didn't start SMT2 cuz I know what I'll be playing the moment it hits on Tuesday. Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait, gonna find out how the story concludes finally, yeah!

Should definitely be a new thread when Nich's blog entry goes up.

For the news, or for the game?
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-25-2013, 04:34 AM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

For the news, or for the game?

Both. More people need to play IS/EP.
cj_iwakura
(02-25-2013, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Both. More people need to play IS/EP.

I made an OT for the import, so I don't know if I should just edit the title or repost it or what.
SpaceBridge
(02-25-2013, 04:40 AM)
Should I finish IS? Made it as far as the bombs in the stadium. I always found EP more interesting.
Eusis
(02-25-2013, 04:40 AM)
Every time I saw a game get a new OT for a domestic release, only being folded together if the game hit everywhere at around the same time. I'm guessing someone should just make a new OT, especially as localization changes between P2 EP and P2 IS need to be tracked.
cj_iwakura
(02-25-2013, 04:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Eusis

Every time I saw a game get a new OT for a domestic release, only being folded together if the game hit everywhere at around the same time. I'm guessing someone should just make a new OT, especially as localization changes between P2 EP and P2 IS need to be tracked.

I don't mind updating it.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-25-2013, 04:48 AM)

Originally Posted by SpaceBridge

Should I finish IS? Made it as far as the bombs in the stadium. I always found EP more interesting.

Yes. DAT ENDING. It really starts to pick up after you're done with that part you're in.
the chris
(02-25-2013, 04:58 AM)
About how long does t take to beat this game?