• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kafel
Banned
(02-22-2013, 03:57 PM)
Kafel's Avatar
I think Fable NEEDS the power of next gen.

Would love to play a new Fable in more populated towns and all.
Pug
Member
(02-22-2013, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Caramuru

Yes, it's predictable.

But one thing that wasn't predictable is the "GDDR5 isn't good for gamers" talk from Xboxgaf.

Let's see what they will say if MS change Durango's memory type.


MS is not going to change its memory type.
Fezzan
Member
(02-22-2013, 03:58 PM)
Fezzan's Avatar

Originally Posted by shandy706

Haha, arguing GDDR5 is not good is stupid.

I also see an explosion of "not interested/hype gone/not buying" if Kinect is flashed on the screen for more than 1/1000th of a millisecond. (from people that wouldn't buy anyway of course)

It depends if it's included when you buy it and how big of a feature it is for me.
If I can play games without it then I'll be interested.
iMax
Member
(02-22-2013, 03:59 PM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pug

MS is not going to change its memory type.

How do you know they haven't already? The rumoured specs you've seen are over a year old. A lot can change in a year.

edit: unless... :P
Last edited by iMax; 02-22-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Kyoufu
(02-22-2013, 03:59 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kafel

I think Fable NEEDS the power of next gen.

Would love to play a new Fable in more populated towns and all.

I disagree. I think Fable needs to be put to rest, especially when the creator of it is no longer with the company. And the Kinect on-rails game has damaged the brand to the point where I think it'd be in their best interests to develop a new IP at least.
Pug
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Corto

If the rumored Cable deals are true Microsoft will have a heavy subsidized option tied to your TV cable bill, that Sony won't be able to directly compete with. That was what I had in mind with that post.

Ah got you Corto, I'm assuming if those cable deals are real it will be US centric. Possible I suppose they could do something similar in the UK but it's very unlikely.
Comet
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:01 PM)
Comet's Avatar

Originally Posted by iMax

Yep, he actually designed and programmed the original Test Drive.

His resume is very impressive for someone his age and in his position. I don't get the hate he receives, he's not crazy charismatic, but he's gotten the job done for MS.
infinityBCRT
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by grkazan12

Wait I heard Mattrick actually developed games back in the Atari days. I'm I getting that right?

He cofounded Distinctive Software aka DSI (eventually became Pioneer Productions, and then EA Canada).

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...veloperId,152/

Mattrick was a progammer on Test Drive (1988), Designer on Hardball 2 & Stunts, Executive Producer on The Need For Speed among other things.
iMax
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:01 PM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I disagree. I think Fable needs to be put to rest, especially when the creator of it is no longer with the company. And the Kinect on-rails game has damaged the brand to the point where I think it'd be in their best interests to develop a new IP at least.

Yeah, I'm bored of Fable. Lionhead needs new IP. Now's the best time to do it.
Hindle
Banned
(02-22-2013, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I disagree. I think Fable needs to be put to rest, especially when the creator of it is no longer with the company. And the Kinect on-rails game has damaged the brand to the point where I think it'd be in their best interests to develop a new IP at least.

If anything PM held the series back. Now he's gone they can stop aiming too high, and make a much better designed game.
iMax
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:02 PM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Comet

His resume is very impressive for someone his age and in his position. I don't get the hate he receives, he's not crazy charismatic, but he's gotten the job done for MS.

I think most people don't actually know he's a gamer. Out of the big three (Kaz, Reggie, and Don), he probably cares the most the core gamer. He's just had lousy media training, that's all.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(02-22-2013, 04:03 PM)
Gorillaz's Avatar
Interesting. Hope we get march xbox event, interested in seeing what they are planning first party wise.
L1NETT
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:04 PM)
L1NETT's Avatar
Good find Inspector OP.

Really hope MS do what they did in the early 360 days. I would be surprised and disappointed if they went for a majority of Kinect, "casual" games and largely ignored the "core" gamer.

Oh and I hope Mattrick isn't presenting, would rather Major Nelson or something. Not that I think Mattrick is a bad bloke, just I don't find him very engaging.
Pug
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by iMax

How do you know they haven't already? The rumoured specs you've seen are over a year old. A lot can change in a year.

edit: unless... :P

Becuase The leaks we have seen has show Durango memory and bandwith are based around the move engine and the Esram. Sticking GDDR5 in it would require a complete redesign.
iMax
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:05 PM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pug

Becuase The leaks we have seen has show Durango memory and bandwith are based around the move engine and the Esram. Sticking GDDR5 in it would require a complete redesign.

OK, and how do you know the leaks are accurate? Seriously, go back into the archive, this has happened before. Things can change.
Kyoufu
(02-22-2013, 04:05 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Crusty Juggler

If anything PM held the series back. Now he's gone they can stop aiming too high, and make a much better designed game.

I think Lionhead would benefit from a new world with new rules and characters.

The goalposts have moved since the creation of Fable. We have RPGs like The Witcher, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma etc.

Microsoft needs more than "Fable" in my humble opinion.
DEADEVIL
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:06 PM)
DEADEVIL's Avatar

Originally Posted by iMax

Yep, he actually designed and programmed the original Test Drive.

WOW.

I never knew this. Used to love Test drive back in the day.
legacyzero
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:06 PM)
legacyzero's Avatar
Your move, MS.
abadguy
1080PR
(02-22-2013, 04:06 PM)
abadguy's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Why not use Phil Harrison? He works for Xbox EU.

:P

Gonna be so surreal seeing him on stage for Microsoft.
FStop7
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:07 PM)
FStop7's Avatar
Time to start Ballmerizing avatars!!
iMax
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:07 PM)
iMax's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Why not use Phil Harrison? He works for Xbox EU.

:P

Ugh, more ducks? :D
sacrificengineer
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:08 PM)
sacrificengineer's Avatar
Well, that's time for them to jump the train. They are already a bit late.
legacyzero
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:09 PM)
legacyzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Community Forum

I hope we see some fresh new faces on stage... totally sick of Mattrick & Co.

THIS.

Ugh, I hate his smug face. I miss the Peter Moore days. Hell, get Phil up there. I like him.
TheOddOne
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:09 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by iMax

Ugh, more ducks? :D

Ducks, everywhere.
Leflus
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:10 PM)
Leflus's Avatar

Originally Posted by iMax

Ugh, more ducks? :D

Rubber Duck Racing. Rare's rumoured water racer is real.
shinobi602
(02-22-2013, 04:10 PM)
shinobi602's Avatar

Originally Posted by legacyzero

THIS.

Ugh, I hate his smug face. I miss the Peter Moore days. Hell, get Phil up there. I like him.

aj1467
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:11 PM)
aj1467's Avatar
Just tried and failed to do this myself. Any chance some kind GAFer could put this Ballmer face on my avatar?

Doffen
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:11 PM)
Doffen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Elginer

Can someone Mattrickfy my avatar please? Would be appreciated ^_^

No reason to get rid of mr. Scratch, so I made a new avatar if you'd like it:

hwy_61
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:11 PM)
hwy_61's Avatar

Originally Posted by aj1467

Just tried and failed to do this myself. Any chance some kind GAFer could put this Ballmer face on my avatar?

That's disgusting.
Tyrone_Biggums
Banned
(02-22-2013, 04:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Impeccable

Yeah, this is reactionary to Sony.

People keep saying they've planned this months in advance are probably right to some degree but I really think they are feeling the pinch now.

We are in for interesting times.

Good to see there's a legit Microsoft insider on these boards. If you could divulge, is Microsoft worried about the 8 GB of DDR5? How will their console compete with that megaton? Any tidbits are welcome.
Reversed
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:12 PM)
Reversed's Avatar
What key aspects does Microsoft needs to work to put the Nextbox on the 1st place?
artist
Banned
(02-22-2013, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Pug

MS is not going to change its memory type.

Sony changed specs, so can Microsoft!

Dont forget wizzard jizz or sauce. Hail aegis, SuperDAE ..
Leflus
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:14 PM)
Leflus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reversed

What key aspects does Microsoft needs to work to put the Nextbox on the 1st place?

Games
Affordable price
Some sort of marketable feature

The usual.
grkazan12
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:15 PM)
grkazan12's Avatar
Thanks for the clarification guys. Well at least the that doesn't make him a complete and total suit, he seems like a good guy. Idk he just comes off as not as enthusiastic as the early 360 days. God do I long for the days of Moore,Allard, and even Robbie Bach to some extent.
deadlast
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:15 PM)
deadlast's Avatar

Originally Posted by iMax

How do you know they haven't already? The rumoured specs you've seen are over a year old. A lot can change in a year.

edit: unless... :P

remember back in June of last year ADM was throwing lots of resources at their MS project. That sweetvar guy posted what was happening, then ninjas came. I suspect that there were some redesigns going on which came because of what Sony was doing.
abadguy
1080PR
(02-22-2013, 04:17 PM)
abadguy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

I think Lionhead would benefit from a new world with new rules and characters.

The goalposts have moved since the creation of Fable. We have RPGs like The Witcher, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma etc.

Microsoft needs more than "Fable" in my humble opinion.

Lionhead was said to be working on a new "MMO like" IP recently according to job postings.
PhatSaqs
(02-22-2013, 04:17 PM)
PhatSaqs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reversed

What key aspects does Microsoft needs to work to put the Nextbox on the 1st place?

In addition to games, something that makes GAF unhappy. MS has been good at introducing new shit that changes and impacts gaming as a whole. From broadband only, to downloadable console demos, to XBL/XBLA, to achievements, etc. Whatever it is it needs to be something other than "hey look a new console!".
legacyzero
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:17 PM)
legacyzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by shinobi602

Dammit I knew that was coming. Even worse, I knew it would be you lol
Sulla1980
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:17 PM)
Sulla1980's Avatar
It would be great if Microsoft could come out and show me something that I didn't know that I wanted. Like achievement points, which seemed (and was) dumb, but still offered some in-game goals that could be fun to achieve.
KAL2006
Junior Member
(02-22-2013, 04:17 PM)
KAL2006's Avatar
I wonder if Sony will crash the party by announcing more PS4 games just after this event.

Sony still haven't announced games from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Ready at Dawn, Polophony and Last Guardian PS4 version. Of course they can save all that for E3, but it would be effective if they announced a few of those straight after MS conference.
Doffen
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:18 PM)
Doffen's Avatar

Originally Posted by aj1467

Just tried and failed to do this myself. Any chance some kind GAFer could put this Ballmer face on my avatar?

hwy_61
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:18 PM)
hwy_61's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doffen

Bravo, sir.
Jtyettis
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by shinobi602

Love it. Everytime. Always liked Mattrick but Phil would be just fine as well.
aj1467
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:19 PM)
aj1467's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doffen

LMFAO.

Thank you, sir.
ManThatYouFear
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:19 PM)
ManThatYouFear's Avatar
You know.. you'd think i would be excited.. but.. nothing.

think MS have done a outstanding job these past few years, pushing me away.
statham
be hot
be naughty
be Xbox
(02-22-2013, 04:19 PM)
statham's Avatar

Originally Posted by KAL2006

I wonder if Sony will crash the party by announcing more PS4 games just after this event.

Sony still haven't announced games from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Ready at Dawn, Polophony and Last Guardian PS4 version. Of course they can save all that for E3, but it would be effective if they announced a few of those straight after MS conference.

for message boards maybe, all the websites/magazines will be all over durango.
Leflus
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:20 PM)
Leflus's Avatar

Originally Posted by abadguy

Lionhead was said to be working on a new "MMO like" IP recently according to job postings.

Let's hope that it's something completely new. Fable IV can wait.
Alaskanbullworm
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:20 PM)
Alaskanbullworm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doffen

Good lord, that's infinitely better than this

Voice of Reason
Banned
(02-22-2013, 04:21 PM)
If anyone manages to put a Ballmer face on my avatar, then you're a god.
Raide
Member
(02-22-2013, 04:21 PM)
Raide's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leflus

Let's hope that it's something completely new. Fable IV can wait.

agreed. Fable needs time to rest, so they can actually do something great with it.

Thread Tools