• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

electroplankton
Banned
(02-28-2013, 10:18 AM)
http://youtu.be/Z8Eo5dgGIz0

Era's Adventure 3D. Not so much a rip-off in terms of gameplay, but the character is basically the same.
googleplex
(02-28-2013, 10:20 AM)
Looks like Spyro with a Yoshi skin
sakipon
(02-28-2013, 10:21 AM)
Indie mobile devs, the future of gaming.
Durante
I'm taking it FROM here, so says Mr. Stewart
(02-28-2013, 10:22 AM)
It's amazing what people try to sell on these mobile stores.

These are basically assets (and gameplay?) from a physics engine "many boxes" demo, together with a Yoshi model ripped off from who knows where and an absolutely terrible HUD. I'm willing to bet that even my (unreleased, <5% finished) Android game had more effort put into it.
Last edited by Durante; 02-28-2013 at 10:24 AM.
SolidSnakex
Couldn't they have at least attempted to change some of the art on Yoshi so that he does't look completely identical?
Uncle Rupee
Banned
Now you've got a lawsuit on your hands.

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Couldn't they have at least attempted to change some of the art on Yoshi so that he does't look completely identical?

In all seriousness I'm sure this is just a placeholder model they grabbed from somewhere, and not indicative of an actual game.
Gintoki
Mario coming as DLC
Vexxan
(02-28-2013, 10:23 AM)
Does Google Play not have any type of approving/moderation when it comes to stuff people put on their store? Seems like anything is accepted...
TheWesker
(02-28-2013, 10:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Vexxan

Does Google Play not have any type of approving/moderation when it comes to stuff people put on their store? Seems like anything is accepted...

It doesn't AFAIK

At least the game doesn't look as awful as 3D Cartoon Land from iOS. Ugh.
soxinthebox
(02-28-2013, 10:24 AM)
Filling a gap in the market
Last edited by soxinthebox; 02-28-2013 at 10:29 AM.
electroplankton
Banned
(02-28-2013, 10:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Vexxan

Probably not, after seeing the Pullblox rip-off.
javac
(02-28-2013, 10:28 AM)
Why do people want Nintendo to go 3rd party when you already have awful awesome Nintendo rip-offs like this on mobiles?
Xater

Originally Posted by Durante

It's amazing what people try to sell on these mobile stores.

These are basically assets (and gameplay?) from a physics engine "many boxes" demo, together with a Yoshi model ripped off from who knows where and an absolutely terrible HUD. I'm willing to bet that even my (unreleased, <5% finished) Android game had more effort put into it.

It's probably people who don't really know what they are doing hoping to make some easy bucks.
Nibel
Yum
dk_
(02-28-2013, 10:31 AM)
Needs more crates'n barrels.
OMG Aero
(02-28-2013, 10:32 AM)
Haha, I was just expecting a similar looking dinosaur but that is straight up a model of Yoshi.
ffdgh
(02-28-2013, 10:32 AM)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but good grief don't make it so obvious.
Lijik
(02-28-2013, 10:33 AM)
At least the sidebar clued me into the existence of cordy 2
Mihael Mello Keehl
(02-28-2013, 10:33 AM)
Dat trailer...Dat music.....

Dont match. at all lol
Ushojax
Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
(02-28-2013, 10:34 AM)
'founded keys'
Vagabundo
(02-28-2013, 10:34 AM)
Nintendo: Release the Ninjas
Iwata: (laughs)
silkysmooth
(02-28-2013, 10:35 AM)
I was expecting a shoddy imitation and not a fully 3D yoshi doing whatever that was. Holy crap people have no shame in completely ripping stuff of nowadays do they?
Oersted
(02-28-2013, 10:36 AM)
Shit like this happens way too often on Google stores.
FlyFaster
(02-28-2013, 10:39 AM)
This looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Keyser Soze
Proximity Crates!
Feature
Banned
Wow, now there are 2 companies making Mario games. What will that be then? 10 marios a year?
PetriP-TNT
(02-28-2013, 10:42 AM)
It's not like this is the first rip off game on mobile platforms but still haha.
Mihael Mello Keehl
(02-28-2013, 10:45 AM)
Sorry but I had to watch that again...and that music is no hyperbole, the WORST music Ive ever heard. Sound like a song that come on as soon as your stroll in a babies R us.
fbgamer
(02-28-2013, 10:46 AM)
Doesn't look fun in any way at all.
Santerestil
(02-28-2013, 10:47 AM)
Ugh. And fireballs just appear in front of Yoshi's mouth, they don't even animate it... who I'm kidding? They just torrented some models and slap them on on the game!

And they even have the nerve to put this in the game:

elektrixx
(02-28-2013, 10:48 AM)
That game looks bullshitty.
Azure Dream
(02-28-2013, 10:48 AM)
It's funny, there was a time when we would've killed for a 3D game that looked that good. Even the trash now can have decent lighting effects, object physics and so on.

Don't get me wrong, it's crap. But it's funny what the standard of even crap is now.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(02-28-2013, 10:49 AM)
This is the most exciting adventure I've ever seen. I'm jealous of Yoshi Era!
Mihael Mello Keehl
(02-28-2013, 10:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Santerestil

Ugh. And fireballs just appear in front of Yoshi's mouth, they don't even animate it... who I'm kidding? They just torrented some models and slap them on on the game!

Oops!
realalbedo
(02-28-2013, 10:56 AM)
lol

Chris B - February 28, 2013 - Motorola Droid II with version 1.1.3
GOTY 2013

Forget GTAV, Era is the game of the year! Featuring incredible visuals and gameplay that is accessible by casuals yet complex enough to satisfy the hardcore, this is truly a masterpiece. The story is masterfully crafted rivaling amazing tales such as Metroid: Other M, and is a passionate metaphor for our own inner pursuit of freedom. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might even learn something new about yourself. Era's detailed figure renders like magic on my droid 2, and the entire product runs flawlessly at 60 FPS in 1080P (you'd need a $2000 PC to compare). I have never seen the incredible bokeh DoF effect or subsurface-scattering used like in this game, the pinnacle of graphical achievement. Crytek could learn a thing or two from this dev. Touchscreen controls are a breeze, with the left thumb used like an analog stick to control the majestic dinosaur through vivid forest lands. The right thumb is used to perform the leap technique, useful for jumping across deadly pits and boxes. In addition, you can use Era's signature fireball attack to rack up points - can YOU make it to the top of the leaderboards? Only one way to find out, purchase the full version of this game TODAY!

Last edited by realalbedo; 02-28-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot quote tags
Gintoki
(02-28-2013, 10:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Santerestil

This is just too funny.
Ch Totoro
(02-28-2013, 10:58 AM)
Ugly ugly... I love indie devs but this is not what I'm expecting when thinking about it. And clearly I wouldn't call them indie devs but not talented disrespectful people.

This is not creativity, this is just a poor rip-off. They don't respect copyright and more important this type of games is making the "real" games less valuable for some people who are just thinking : "Why would I pay 50$ for a Nintendo game when I can have the almost same game for a lot cheaper..." or they go further and pirate the original game.

Edit : it's the same when I see people making their kids playing with pirated games on their NDS... seriously how do they think? Is it a good way to explain the real value of things?
Mihael Mello Keehl
(02-28-2013, 10:58 AM)

Chris B - February 28, 2013 - Motorola Droid II with version 1.1.3
GOTY 2013

Forget GTAV, Era is the game of the year! Featuring incredible visuals and gameplay that is accessible by casuals yet complex enough to satisfy the hardcore, this is truly a masterpiece. The story is masterfully crafted rivaling amazing tales such as Metroid: Other M, and is a passionate metaphor for our own inner pursuit of freedom. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might even learn something new about yourself. Era's detailed figure renders like magic on my droid 2, and the entire product runs flawlessly at 60 FPS in 1080P (you'd need a $2000 PC to compare). I have never seen the incredible bokeh DoF effect or subsurface-scattering used like in this game, the pinnacle of graphical achievement. Crytek could learn a thing or two from this dev. Touchscreen controls are a breeze, with the left thumb used like an analog stick to control the majestic dinosaur through vivid forest lands. The right thumb is used to perform the leap technique, useful for jumping across deadly pits and boxes. In addition, you can use Era's signature fireball attack to rack up points - can YOU make it to the top of the leaderboards? Only one way to find out, purchase the full version of this game TODAY!

Is this real life? If that guy was on gaf that whole review would be his tag.

Crytek could learn a thing or 2. :lol
Tenki
(02-28-2013, 11:02 AM)
Maybe it's just... Nintendo testing the waters of mobile gaming.
ffdgh
(02-28-2013, 11:03 AM)

Originally Posted by realalbedo

lol

This has to be trolling...it's just too much...
JDSN
You must walk home naked, dragging behind you the Stone of Shame.
(02-28-2013, 11:06 AM)
Oh it can get a lot worse.
tsumineko
(02-28-2013, 11:09 AM)
It's got better GFX than Sonic 2006
Poyunch
(02-28-2013, 11:09 AM)
What happens when you finded all the keys?
Yoshi
(02-28-2013, 11:10 AM)
While the game looks horrible, I'd like to have the Yoshi model (which as far as I can see it is custom made, I can't come up with a game where Yoshi looks exactly like that) to make my own rip-off game with it (for me and friends, not to sell it, of course). Retro isn't making a Banjo-styled 3D platformer with Yoshi, so I need to do it myself ;).
Katana_Strikes
(02-28-2013, 11:21 AM)
Wow!

How many founded keys has everyone founded?
Speedwagon
Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
(02-28-2013, 11:24 AM)
Wow...this just looks awful.
BishopLamont
Banned
(02-28-2013, 11:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Azure Dream

It's funny, there was a time when we would've killed for a 3D game that looked that good. Even the trash now can have decent lighting effects, object physics and so on.

Don't get me wrong, it's crap. But it's funny what the standard of even crap is now.

I doubt the graphics is the reason why people are calling it crap.

They should have had Mario riding on Yoshi shooting those lasers.
Last edited by BishopLamont; 02-28-2013 at 11:52 AM.
freddy
(02-28-2013, 11:48 AM)
Nice music.

Originally Posted by Poyunch

What happens when you find all the keys?

You go on top of a castle and find Lario if you get all 120 keys.
shira
(02-28-2013, 11:52 AM)

double face palm

Nintedo am cry
beril
(02-28-2013, 11:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Azure Dream

Unity has greatly raised the bar for the tech in crappy rip off games