• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

thegodsend
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:45 PM)
thegodsend's Avatar
First screens here on the website: http://jettrocket.shinen.com/2/?index

60fps in 3D mode!

edit: quoting dr. wong from the other thread:


Originally Posted by DrWong

Official website open.









Looks really nice.

edit 2: the game seems to be both a 2.5D and 3D platformer (+ Waverace 3DS):

Last edited by thegodsend; 03-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Shion
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:47 PM)
Shion's Avatar
Impressive, but Shin'en really needs to improve their character designs.
Snakeyes
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:47 PM)
Snakeyes's Avatar
Love the normal mapping.
DaBoss
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:47 PM)
DaBoss's Avatar
It looks like it's now a 2D platformer. :/ EDIT: GOD DAMN I'M BLIND.

It was impressive that they had a 3D platformer look like Galaxy on the Wiiware size limit. I enjoyed the first one, so I hope this one is better than the last.
equippedwithtowel
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:47 PM)
equippedwithtowel's Avatar
Looking good
manueldelalas
Time Traveler
(03-01-2013, 05:48 PM)
Yay! I love eshop games with effort behind.
Relaxed Muscle
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:49 PM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar
I wanted Shin'en to prove you could do a full 3D plataformer on the console... :(

Oh well, looks good.
Gonzo The Great
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:49 PM)
Gonzo The Great's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBoss

It looks like it's now a 2D platformer.

Beer Monkey
Banned
(03-01-2013, 05:49 PM)
120fps if you turn the slider all the way down?

j/k
norfair_zebes
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:50 PM)
norfair_zebes's Avatar
I'm quite fond of the original Jett Rocket game on WiiWare and am really looking forward to the 3DS sequel. In Shin'en we trust! :)
darkness_s
Junior Member
(03-01-2013, 05:50 PM)
darkness_s's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relaxed Muscle

I wanted Shin'en to prove you could do a full 3D plataformer on the console... :(

Oh well, looks good.

Hasn't it been proved to be possible by Nintendo with 3D Land?
serplux
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:51 PM)
serplux's Avatar
Just what I expect from you Shin'en. Looks fantastic.
DashReindeer
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:51 PM)
DashReindeer's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBoss

It looks like it's now a 2D platformer. :/

It was impressive that they had a 3D platformer look like Galaxy on the Wiiware size limit. I enjoyed the first one.

You sure about that?


It seems like it's more of a 2.5d-ish game. Honestly, I'm not even sure what we call it. There's also this:

Relaxed Muscle
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:51 PM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar

Originally Posted by darkness_s

Hasn't it been proved to be possible by Nintendo with 3D Land?

I mean something like Galaxy instead of the pseudo 3D gameplay in 3D land.
DaBoss
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:51 PM)
DaBoss's Avatar
OP, put the screens to show it's also a 3D Platformer.



Originally Posted by Gonzo The Great

http://i.imgur.com/M3gO1uE.png

Originally Posted by DashReindeer

You sure about that?

I edited my post. :p
Celine
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:52 PM)
Celine's Avatar
Is there AA in 2D mode?
Joeshabadoo
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:52 PM)
Joeshabadoo's Avatar
damn, these guys know how to push hardware
evilromero
(03-01-2013, 05:52 PM)
evilromero's Avatar
Fuck yes. I enjoyed the first and hope they keep the 3D platforming bits.
Ninja Moomin
Banned
(03-01-2013, 05:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Celine

Is there AA in 2D mode?


LOL!
Rash
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:53 PM)
Rash's Avatar
I guess the original was successful, eh? From the demo it seemed like a competent game, and more 3D platformers are refreshing.

The sequel looks like it takes the Galaxy 2 approach. Full 3D sections as well as sidescrolling ones?
grimshawish
Banned
(03-01-2013, 05:53 PM)
Wow looks good. Never played the first, should I excite myself?
Tron#1
Junior Member
(03-01-2013, 05:54 PM)
Tron#1's Avatar
I can't imagine what there next Wii U title will look like.... They are amazing devs. BUY THEM NINTENDO!!!
DaBoss
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:55 PM)
DaBoss's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tron#1

I can't imagine what there next Wii U title will look like.... They are amazing devs. BUY THEM NINTENDO!!!

I wouldn't want them to do that, they showed their interest in staying independent, but I do would like Nintendo to fund some of their projects.
Rash
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:56 PM)
Rash's Avatar
The character design needs work but otherwise the actual screens look fun. It'd be sweet if one of Nintendo's artists could work with Shin'en.

Originally Posted by Tron#1

I can't imagine what there next Wii U title will look like.... They are amazing devs. BUY THEM NINTENDO!!!

Perhaps a new FAST game? You know, to fill in the void of F-Zero.
Last edited by Rash; 03-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
serplux
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:56 PM)
serplux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tron#1

I can't imagine what there next Wii U title will look like.... They are amazing devs. BUY THEM NINTENDO!!!

They already develop exclusively for Nintendo. Let them keep their independence and keep on making awesome eShop games.
Tron#1
Junior Member
(03-01-2013, 05:56 PM)
Tron#1's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBoss

I wouldn't want them to do that, they showed their interest in staying independent, but I do would like Nintendo to fund some of their projects.


Somehow keep them exclusive!
Rush2thestart
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:57 PM)
Rush2thestart's Avatar

Originally Posted by NinjaFusion

LOL!

Why is this funny. Resident Evil Revelations does it.
MarkusRJR
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:57 PM)
MarkusRJR's Avatar
I love Shin'en and I think this game looks technically great, but damn that art style is horrible.
Santiako
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:57 PM)
Santiako's Avatar

Originally Posted by NinjaFusion

LOL!

Why the LOL? A lot of games add AA in 2D mode.
EightBitNate
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:57 PM)
EightBitNate's Avatar
Are there any 3DS games with good AA? SM3DLand, SSF4, and few others would look infinitely better with it.
serplux
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:58 PM)
serplux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaceka

I love Shin'en and I think this game looks technically great, but damn that art style is horrible.

I wouldn't say artstyle so much as character design. They need to make a mascot for themselves.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(03-01-2013, 05:58 PM)
EloquentM's Avatar
Wizards indeed
Tron#1
Junior Member
(03-01-2013, 05:58 PM)
Tron#1's Avatar

Originally Posted by serplux

They already develop exclusively for Nintendo. Let them keep their independence and keep on making awesome eShop games.

I just don't trust it. I can see a Sony or Microsoft throwing some big money at them.... They are gonna take notice once their next Wii U projects are shown. Seriously these guys get it.... They know how t develop games.
Rm88~
Member
(03-01-2013, 05:58 PM)
Rm88~'s Avatar
Dem bullshots.

Still, the first one was fun so I'm buying this one. Now we neeed FAST 3DS please.
Coolwhip
Banned
(03-01-2013, 05:59 PM)
Coolwhip's Avatar
The main character looks so generic. You need a recognisable character for a platformer Shinen!

Originally Posted by serplux

I wouldn't say artstyle so much as character design. They need to make a mascot for themselves.

Yep.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(03-01-2013, 06:00 PM)
EloquentM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rm88~

Dem bullshots.

Still, the first one was fun so I'm buying this one. Now we neeed FAST 3DS please.

This is shinen so I doubt these are bull shots.
DrWong
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:01 PM)
DrWong's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rm88~

Dem bullshots.

With aliasing?
thegodsend
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:01 PM)
thegodsend's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBoss

OP, put the screens to show it's also a 3D Platformer.

done!
Tron#1
Junior Member
(03-01-2013, 06:01 PM)
Tron#1's Avatar

Originally Posted by EloquentM

This is shenin so I doubt these are bull shots.

Exactly they are actually competent devs. They don't need bull shots to fool consumers to buy their game.
serplux
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:02 PM)
serplux's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tron#1

I just don't trust it. I can see a Sony or Microsoft throwing some big money at them.... They are gonna take notice once their next Wii U projects are shown. Seriously these guys get it.... They know how t develop games.

They literally have never made a game outside of a Nintendo console, plus they get preferential treatment by Nintendo (early dev kits, eShop placement, etc.). They clearly don't seem to have an interest in other hardware.
Rm88~
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:02 PM)
Rm88~'s Avatar

Originally Posted by EloquentM

This is shinen so I doubt these are bull shots.

They're way, way higher-res than an actual 3DS screen. That's the thing.
Tron#1
Junior Member
(03-01-2013, 06:05 PM)
Tron#1's Avatar

Originally Posted by serplux

They literally have never made a game outside of a Nintendo console, plus they get preferential treatment by Nintendo (early dev kits, eShop placement, etc.). They clearly don't seem to have an interest in other hardware.


I can only hope but sometimes money talks... And a 5 minute stage demo at a console unveiling press conference:)
VariantX
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Rm88~

They're way, way higher-res than an actual 3DS screen. That's the thing.


Well its not like they're trying to fool anyone, but it wouldn't make much sense to release the shots at the 3ds resolution since most people will be looking at them on other devices.
evilromero
(03-01-2013, 06:06 PM)
evilromero's Avatar
In a strange way I find the horrible character design charming.
Aostia
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:06 PM)
Aostia's Avatar
so good, can't wait!
minty_jpg
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:06 PM)
minty_jpg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joeshabadoo

damn, these guys know how to push hardware

Agreed, it looks beautiful.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(03-01-2013, 06:07 PM)
EloquentM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rm88~

They're way, way higher-res than an actual 3DS screen. That's the thing.

It's 800 x 480. Double the resolution in 2D
VariantX
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:07 PM)

Originally Posted by evilromero

In a strange way I find the horrible character design charming.

They're technical wizards for sure, but when it comes to artwork, they're no wayforward, thats for sure.
Vollume
Member
(03-01-2013, 06:08 PM)
Vollume's Avatar
Wished their games had better art direction looks impressive otherwise.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(03-01-2013, 06:08 PM)
EloquentM's Avatar

Originally Posted by VariantX

They're technical wizards for sure, but when it comes to artwork, they're no wayforward, thats for sure.

How many people work at way forward compared to shinen?

Thread Tools