• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Wow woke up for work and this GSL group is still going :O

Delays or just really long turtling matches?

Flash about to 2-0 PartinG :OOOOO FLASHHHUUUUUUUU

SamuraiX-

GUYS

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

GUYSGUYSGUYS

Flash just needs to win a Bo3 against GuMiho to advance to his first ever GSL quarterfinal appearance in his SC2 career! :O

Edit: And of course Flash decides that upgrades ain't shit in Game 3.

2-1 mech vs 3-3 mech 25 minutes into the game.

flash pls

why do I always let him do this to me ;_;

Woorloog

Banned
WTF? SC2 does not recognize letter-keys. A, S, whatever, nothing happens. CTRL-1 works, F10 works, as do other F-keys.
Worked fine yesterday...

EDIT Wait what, now it works?

Yeah it's a great period here. Are you gonna make a BlizzCon tournaments thread to include the other games or only for SC2?

And yeah I would be really surprised if they launch LotV before BlizzCon. I'm thinking shortly after.

Thread now is just like a road to blizzcon that I'll keep updated. As for blizzcon, I know nothing of the other games really besides Diablo so I wouldn't do a thread for them all but I'll do one for sc2.

Wedge7

Had my semi monthly catch up with all SC2 content, where I feel like I just blaze through weeks of matches that I didnt have the time to get through. Huge surprise that Lilbow took WCS, cant even say the guy had an easy ride, going through guys like ForGG and Hydra to get that trophy.

Just finished watching proleague finals, great to see KT finish it up with the workhorse Zest finally rounding into his old form. Great games. TY/Stats/Zest is your main 3 and a decent choice you can make with Flash/Life bringing up the 4th spot for the main finals.

Blizzcon feels so close now, its pretty exciting. Only 2 more months.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
sleeping.gif

Syf

Banned
Had my semi monthly catch up with all SC2 content, where I feel like I just blaze through weeks of matches that I didnt have the time to get through. Huge surprise that Lilbow took WCS, cant even say the guy had an easy ride, going through guys like ForGG and Hydra to get that trophy.

Just finished watching proleague finals, great to see KT finish it up with the workhorse Zest finally rounding into his old form. Great games. TY/Stats/Zest is your main 3 and a decent choice you can make with Flash/Life bringing up the 4th spot for the main finals.

Blizzcon feels so close now, its pretty exciting. Only 2 more months.
Zest has been incredible, 11-0 this round of proleague against great competition. If he keeps up his play he's a strong favorite for blizzcon.

Missed the replay of Dear-Classic (only saw the first game before falling asleep last night) but just saw Byul-Gumiho. Byul just outclassed him. I liked him trying to go bio in the first game but he barely tried to drop and it was why Byul was able to stockpile so many Banelings. I have no idea why he tried to go Bio in the second game. Byul went with the build I think should be used more often against Mech and completely contained him. He played the best in game 3 but waited too long to push.

Wedge7

And all 3 parts are stand alone now, so people who missed out on WoL or HotSwarm, can just join in part 3

Smurfs only have to buy LotV as well :)

Yea, thats pretty decent that they dont require the SC2 base or expansion for LotV. Though I wouldnt discount how many dont make the switch, for whatever reason, never underestimate peoples reluctance to spend money lol.

ByuL vs herO in 9.5 hours!

As much as I hate Protoss I do love MC and Huk to a lessser extent so yay for them.

But seriously Blizzard, fix this shit.

Syf

Banned
They said the design phase of the beta is over and they're moving into balance portion now to get ready for launch. Hopefully adept gets a significant change.

Hello SC2Gaf! I haven't played SC2 ranked mode since first few 1v1 ranked seasons, when I got to diamond. Obviously, I am very, very rusty and have forgotten most of it except "build probes and pylons".

With impending release of LotV, I am thinking about getting back in the game. What would be the best way to catch up how the game is played today (in LotV), like some basic build orders etc? Back in the day Day[9] videos were nice, but he does mostly Hearthstone these days.

Do guides from time of Wings of Liberty still apply to current (LotV beta) game?

--edit
I'm starting with this I guess: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/wiki/new#wiki_tutorial_links

For the last two years?
http://abload.de/img/clipboard01zyxan.png[img]
But man, don't let facts ruin your righteous fury against toss.[/QUOTE]

Add up the #1 and #2 for 2015 and 2014 for the 3 races.
Nice cherry picked tournaments though. You just forgot to include the start of 2014 that was like 80% Protoss for #1 and #2.

I did it like a week ago while talking to a friend, i can't remember if it's 14 or 15 more even but the other year is ridiculously stacked in favor of Protoss. Yes, I don't like Protoss, and yes I think they have done better in the game than the other races for 15 and 14 and the Archon tournament was a joke. "Well we can't beat them on Terran, let's try Zerg." Blizzard still has 2 months to fix it. Let's hope they're not on Blizztime.

Syf

Banned
Add up the #1 and #2 for 2015 and 2014 for the 3 races.
Nice cherry picked tournaments though. You just forgot to include the start of 2014 that was like 80% Protoss for #1 and #2.

I did it like a week ago while talking to a friend, i can't remember if it's 14 or 15 more even but the other year is ridiculously stacked in favor of Protoss. Yes, I don't like Protoss, and yes I think they have done better in the game than the other races for 15 and 14 and the Archon tournament was a joke. "Well we can't beat them on Terran, let's try Zerg." Blizzard still has 2 months to fix it. Let's hope they're not on Blizztime.
I think part of the problem is they haven't seen LotV stuff played out in serious pro settings very much. The archon tournament should tell them where to start with balancing.. unless they don't count it because archon mode.

Also 20k :)

Top Bottom