• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore Comments on the "Fabricated" Dead Space 4 Cancellation Story

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GI link where Peter commented:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-as-series-sales-decline-report#comment-62914

Kotaku story:
http://kotaku.com/5988891/ea-exec-a...te-of-making-up-dead-space-cancellation-story

So after the Dead Space 4 cancellation story ran the other day (and EA denied it) Peter Moore jumped onto Games Industry's site and commented on the story and the site that originally created it (Videogamer). Peter confirmed to Kotaku that this was indeed him commenting.

original.png

original.png

Interesting. Brings to light what can happen when anyone can open a site and start a rumor. Apparently VideoGamer is going to respond today.

Tattoo if old.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I've always liked Moore even though he is a corporate dude through and through. But he is a cool corporate dude.

Zaventem

Good for him.If you look at the thread you'll see that the majority of the posters in that thread are gullible as fuck.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Eurogamer still had it on top of their page as of this morning too. It's not just sleazy click-bait sites using this stuff.

iNvid02

all about that ad money

i bet some of these sites aim for the top of metacritic by giving games a perfect 100 too

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why EA really upset about this? last time when Kotaku said the same about Versus XIII SE just responded to them that it is still in development in a PR/polite way and the thing ended fast,here it sound like EA is losing their shit over it.

DaBuddaDa

I'm confused as to why EA seems so mad about this in particular? Fake things get reported from bad sources all the time.

Z3M0G

Why EA really upset about this? last time when Kotaku said the same about Versus XIII SE just responded to them that it is still in development in a PR/polite way and the thing ended fast,here it sound like EA is losing their shit over it.

Japanese culture vs American culture

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

It was a really scathing perspective on EA and people easily believed it because of EA's recent history.

Peter moore is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything.

No really, if there is one thing I hate more than sleazy publishers it's clickbait game 'journalism'.

If Moore isn't lying this is kotaku/10 on the gross scale.

RMI

Banned

EA is actually upset about how shitty Dead Space 3 is doing.

I'm confused as to why EA seems so mad about this in particular? Fake things get reported from bad sources all the time.

I don't think him replying to this particularly means something. It could have happened to any anti-EA article. Maybe Moore is sick of all the anti-EA stories being reported so this one was the last straw.

Derrick01

Banned
It was a really scathing perspective on EA and people easily believed it because of EA's recent history.

The fact it was so easy to believe means EA should be looking at themselves here and not throwing all of the blame at the media. This wouldn't have been so easily believable if it were a lot of other companies being named instead of EA.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The fact it was so easy to believe means EA should be looking at themselves here and not throwing all of the blame at the media. This wouldn't have been so easily believable if it were a lot of other companies being named instead of EA.

I hope this as well. You phrased it much better than I could. Hopefully it's a wake up call.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Whoever wins this, we lose.

I love how he mentions microtransactions like it's something the journalists created.

megalowho

Moore would have a good point if Videogamer didn't contact EA. But they did and EA refused to comment.
True, though I suppose in a roundabout way they're commenting on it now after it became a story. So at least that came out of it.

And unnamed sources in general are not inherently bad, so long as the writer in question has every reason to believe their source. Click bait for sure, but an outright lie? Harsh allegations on both sides of this one.

Dr Dogg

Well with the public image of EA at it's lowest for some time (not quite the evil empire days of the late 90's early 00's) and what with being branded the worst company in America I can't imagine it's a very fun place to work at the moment, especially if you're in senior management and having to deal with shareholders.

Top Bottom