• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Tregard

Soothsayer
You know, what's those rules Kyle follows again? I always forget them and can't find a list. I'm kinda curious as he - unless I misheard - said he "liked" The Order 1886 and if I remember correctly one of the rules is about never using past tense about those things (unless it was meant more in regards to "it was a good game"). I might just be tired and putting too much thought into nothing.

Just use the handy Final Bosman wiki!

(Please contribute if you wish)

The whole Phantom Dust thing got me wondering about Scalebound.

I know Microsoft wouldn't dare screw over Platinum like they did with Darkside, but at the same time who's to say they didn't pull that CG bullshit as well.

Zomba13

I know Microsoft wouldn't dare screw over Platinum like they did with Darkside, but at the same time who's to say they didn't pull that CG bullshit as well.

I dunno, at least with Scalebound you had Kamiya on stage to introduce it so he at least knew that there was a trailer for the game.

Alx

Apparently the Phantom Dust remake was the first attempt at a full game from a company that was usually used for outsourcing by other devs. Platinum has a good history of producing full games, sometimes salvaging them for others, even on a tight budget. I'm rather confident on their chances of succeeding, while there were reasons to doubt in the case of Phantom Dust.
Besides, one could assume they're targeting Scalebound to be less niche than PD.

Riptwo

Ian probably bought those turquoise sunglasses from the ladies section at Target. What's a guy to do though? They're cheap and they look good on me. Him, I mean... look good on him.
Seems plausible, but I'm still on #TeamCG for this one.

Edit: The
phone drop
in this episode was pretty traumatic for me. It just hit a little too close to home.

Mory Dunz

Just started the episode, but I don't you neccessarily have to be rich to get sucked in to microtransactions.

The point of an "effective" microtransaction is to get people to spend money they don't really have or on things they think they want.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Kyle has this "god dammit, what am I going to do" face after he drops his phone ahaha.

I shouldn't laugh, I'm gonna get a new phone tomorrow, and I might just drop it. Karma's a bitch.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There's still something awesome in watching Kyle talk at 60FPS.

Strange enough, I think it's the only thing in GT that it's at 60FPS. I don't recall seeing anything else at that framerate.

wiibomb

just watched the show this week... again, very spot on the perspective of this micro transactions

but the bonus bit on the other hand.. that's awesome, shows the perspective to how devs work is just throw away by these decisions..

and I hear that song again.. I now want to know which song is that

Honestly, Option 2 seems the most vaguely sincere. (Although Option 3 is mighty tempting.)

Personally, as far as those spiels go (assuming this is a serious mandate by GT and not just a one-off gag), I tend to like the way Lazy Game Reviews does them. Yeah, he's saying the same information every time, but he tends to find different ways to say them, often referencing details of the video prior during the spiel. Also doesn't specifically say what the highlighted videos are, they're just there for people to click if they want to see more right then-and-there.

Philippo

Anyone who ever expected SH to get actually released is a fool.
Do make it they chose:
-A completely fucked up company (Konami)
-A game dev who is ambitious and perfectionist to an almost negative degree (Kojima)
-A director who takes on too many projects at the same time and finishes half of them (Del Toro)
-An actor who already has a show to run and many other things as the main character

I'm sorry horror/silent hill fns, but honestly seemed impossible from the beginning IMHO

Also, Ending 3 forever pls

Sheroking

Anyone who ever expected SH to get actually released is a fool.
Do make it they chose:
-A completely fucked up company (Konami)
-A game dev who is ambitious and perfectionist to an almost negative degree (Kojima)
-A director who takes on too many projects at the same time and finishes half of them (Del Toro)
-An actor who already has a show to run and many other things as the main character

I'm sorry horror/silent hill fns, but honestly seemed impossible from the beginning IMHO

Also, Ending 3 forever pls

Eh.

Kojima's games are inevitably finished and released. Del Toro's involvement was probably not as heavy as his involvement in film projects. Norman Reedus is a side character on a cable show and has the majority of his year free to do other projects.

Konami is fucked up, to be sure. If this Kojima exodus didn't go down, I imagine this game would have released.

Sami+

I didn't think anything would beat Ending 1, but then that Jurassic Park cover brought me to tears over its sheer beauty.

3 is the obvious winner. A different song every week would be hilarious.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Option 3, with weekly change of music. It's the only choice.

And the only one I would tolerate enough to watch through.

Wow, there was a lot in the episode this week. Glad I paid a scalper on eBay $80 for my Russian Bossmiibo, since they were retailer-exclusive in my country and sold out in minutes. Gold-painted edition, of course.

Zomba13

I wish I could even find a Bosmiibo. They are sold out everywhere and preorders sold out in 30 minutes of going up online.

Eh, the Bosmiibo content is probably something lame anyway.

Kinyou

I always figured the amibo figure itself would play some crucial role with that bonus stuff. Like with smash.Bros where the figure stores some fighter data. If it just unlocks some bonus mode or power than that's pretty shitty.

The ending of the episode was amazing as always.

At least the sculpted excitement-spittle they used as a stand on Bosmiibo was made out of a clear plastic instead of that pale green color they used to hold up flailing around Ian making it look like he's inter-tubing in a puddle of his own sick. Although... Barfin' Bosman would've been fun to see.

Top Bottom