• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA Pikachu 3DS XL $160 at Target on March 24th

I already have an XL but at these prices I may buy another to wear as a jaunty hat... or not.

I would buy another if the US colors didn't suck so much though.

I am so tempted to replace my original Aqua Blue 3DS, but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend that much on something I ultimately don't really need. I actually like the colors that are available now (not that I wouldn't want to see way more options).

HPhins54

Neo Member
Awesome. I think it's time to finally get another handheld. Other than owning a DS for a very limited amount of time, the last time I put some good use into a handheld was on a GameBoy Color.

Zhengi

Wow, I hope this sale comes to Amazon. Just got back $200 in Amazon gift cards and want to buy a 3DS XL. I will wait, see, and hope :)

Edit: Okay, just read the above. I hope at least some of the third party sellers on Amazon will price match or at least drop down the price a bit in the next few weeks.

Pociask

So you can buy the XL for 160, buy Luigi's Mansion for 30 bucks (thought I saw that deal somewhere), and get Super Mario 3D Land for free? And then potentially sell Luigi's Mansion for say 20 bucks, and end up with an XL and 3DLand for 170?

(Fixed because I can't do math).

That would be the 3DS Micro. 2-inch screen.

Although if they make sales frequently I wouldn't be surprised if a 3DSi is announced at E3 to take over the $180-$200 range.

I can't wait for them to announce the redesign with the second stick and better 3D screen.

Piss off a lot of GAF

So you can buy the XL for 160, buy Luigi's Mansion for 30 bucks (thought I saw that deal somewhere), and get Super Mario 3D Land for free? And then potentially sell Luigi's Mansion for say 20 bucks, and end up with an XL and 3DLand for 170?

(Fixed because I can't do math).
I think that deal expired on Luigi's Mansion, but I really hope I can get it at that price. I might even decide to get the Pikachu 3DS XL.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I might pick up another for the kids if Amazon pricematches.

Lucent

I can't wait for them to announce the redesign with the second stick and better 3D screen.

Piss off a lot of GAF

I honestly don't care about the 3D. Stuff looks cleaner in 2D. I don't even want a 3D TV. lol

The 2nd stick is the only thing I'd be upset about. But I don't think they'll do it.

does target allow online shopping I mean with no store pick up?

Yeah you can order stuff online to be delivered. But I have one so close I might as well go directly to the store.

Drago

Piss off a lot of GAF

I can see it now:

Animal Crossing XL comes out in June
I buy it
3DSi announced 2 weeks later

Just like the people who bought 3DSs after E3 2012 because no revision was announced there, only for Nintendo to announce the XL in a Direct 2 weeks later. :(
I personally don't see Nintendo releasing another 3DS revision this year though, other than maybe an upgrade to the regular model or something (putting XL improvements on the small model)

Meier

Tempted to buy a 3DS XL since I am still rocking an OG and have only recently been reminded how godawful the battery life is. I'm nervous they'll announce a 3DS XL lite/revision at E3 though..

Lucent

I can see it now:

Animal Crossing XL comes out in June
I buy it
3DSi announced 2 weeks later

Just like the people who bought 3DSs after E3 2012 because no revision was announced there, only for Nintendo to announce the XL in a Direct 2 weeks later. :(
I personally don't see Nintendo releasing another 3DS revision this year though, other than maybe an upgrade to the regular model or something (putting XL improvements on the small model)

Why is it being called the 3DSi? Wasn't the 'i' added to the DS because they added a camera? The 3DS/XL already has a camera.

Tempted to buy a 3DS XL since I am still rocking an OG and have only recently been reminded how godawful the battery life is. I'm nervous they'll announce a 3DS XL lite/revision at E3 though..

Well, I've been watching ebay and people are still, for some reason, paying quite a bit for the 3DS XL. Been seeing them even get at least $170. So it probably wouldn't be that big of a loss if it happened and you had to sell it later. But I guess it's a risk you have to take with hardware. There's always a possible revision down the line. Dammit, Apple. lol

Drago

Why is it being called the 3DSi? Wasn't the 'i' added to the DS because they added a camera? The 3DS/XL already has a camera.

The DSi was the second DS revision so 3DSi is just a stock name for whatever the second 3DS revision will be.

Lucent

The DSi was the second DS revision so 3DSi is just a stock name for whatever the second 3DS revision will be.

I was gonna say "I thought the DS Lite" was the second revision, but I guess by revision you mean adding something and not necessarily a size thing. I guess I get it. lol

DoubleTap

Sounds better than 3DS "lite" since the OG 3DS is already smaller.

I wonder if people would buy a 3DS-E or as Gaf would name it 3DS Go? It would only play E-shop DSiWare,Virtual console games, and 3DS Digital releases. No physical cart slot.

I can see Nintendo releasing that instead of a 3DS with 2 Circular pads.

Sorral

$130 for regular? Even when I know that I might not have time for it, I might just bite...

There is no way to make a 3DS region free right? Just to play PAL region cards when I move later.

Trakan

same. it's mind numbing that these haven't been released in NA yet. forgoing the 2 most popular colors for electronics... nintendo...

Didn't Reggie say the reason why those colors weren't available in the US were because they weren't popular here? That blows my mind. Yep, here's a quote.

"We have launched silver- and white-colored GBAs, DSes, DSis, and in our [North American] market they don't sell very well," Fils-Aime admitted. "So instead of approaching this lighter-colored product as a mass [product], we're going to look at the opportunity on a much more limited basis. You might see a limited-time offer with a white or silver 3DS XL, or we might colorize it slightly differently. But in terms of an ongoing SKU, the consumer has responded in our marketplace and said that, for a handheld gaming device from Nintendo, that kind of white or silver doesn't sell nearly as well as blue or red or even pink."

Top Bottom