• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

savor100
Member
(03-23-2013, 04:59 PM)
Played this at a friend's and it looks great. My brother bought it from the Origin sale but it hasn't arrived yet but this is definitely better looking than my PS3 version
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(03-23-2013, 05:01 PM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar
I won't race online (crappy satellite connection), but I do need people with 800k or greater Most Wanted scores to motivate me to raise my own score! Outside of Smiles, my friend's list seems to be slacking :p

NNID: Skiesofwonder
KingSnake
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:06 PM)
KingSnake's Avatar
Played around 5 hours until now and no hardlock yet. I even hit the home button to go to the eshop. I experienced 5 hardlocks since November until now: 2 in Wii mode and 3 in NBA 2k13 when closing software from the main screen, but no one since the stability patch. Let's see how this goes.

As for the game I really enjoy it and it looks great. Best looking Wii U game until now, from my point of view. I haven't played online yet, but my NNID is kingsssnake.
dwu8991
Banned
(03-23-2013, 05:07 PM)
dwu8991's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skiesofwonder

I won't race online (crappy satellite connection), but I do need people with 800k or greater Most Wanted scores to motivate me to raise my own score! Outside of Smiles, my friend's list seems to be slacking :p

NNID: Skiesofwonder

Just added you !

My NNID is dwuuuu
Weng
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:09 PM)
Weng's Avatar

Originally Posted by burgerdog

Did you press the home button? Oddly enough all three of my hardlocks happened as soon as I hit the button.

Wouldn't opening a Wii U hardlock thread make sense? (I would if I could) There every Wii U owner could post what he did in which game/application right before the hardlock happend. Maybe some of the causes are the same and can be avoided by knowing what not to do.
Dorito Pope
Banned
(03-23-2013, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Tab0203

I didn't notice it at first, but the game seems to run at a weird resolution (1280x704?). There are tiny black bars (8 pixel?) at the top and bottom of the screen. Here are a few screenshots taken with my elegato game capture HD.

...so much for definitive version visually. willing to bet that most of what they said was PR bullshit and that the only real improvements are the textures (thanks to the extra RAM).
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(03-23-2013, 05:17 PM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar

Originally Posted by dwu8991

Just added you !

My NNID is dwuuuu

For whatever I didn't get it, so I sent you one.
Jumpman23
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:21 PM)
Jumpman23's Avatar
Just finished playing this morning for the first time. This is one pretty looking racer. Kudos to Criterion!
ElectricKaibutsu
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:23 PM)
ElectricKaibutsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dead Man Typing

I just compiled this list of everyone who has posted their NNID's in this thread:

Dead_Man_Typing
RipVanWinkle
KitschyKitty
BruiserBear
burgerdog
crmegabyte
4scarr
TheMainEvent
jodyanthony
frankie_baby
HeySeuss
Spiderduff
zaragoza
HyruleLegend
FrakEarth
puntervold
plufim
andthebeatgoeson
gamer1984
ReconPeon

I probably wont race online with people, but I need scores to attack.

Edit: Removed a name I'm not sure of and added ReconPeon. If anyone wants to add to this list, copy and paste and add your name.

If you could add my name to the list, I'd appreciate it: ElectricKaibutsu.
Berg
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:23 PM)
Berg's Avatar
Just started the download; ~4 hrs remaining

add me!: berg614
Soka
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:28 PM)
Soka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

...so much for definitive version visually. willing to bet that most of what they said was PR bullshit and that the only real improvements are the textures (thanks to the extra RAM).

I'm pretty sure that resolution was also found in the other versions (PS3, 360).

EDIT: Yep.
BruiserBear
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:30 PM)
BruiserBear's Avatar
There is a bug that prevents your mods from being saved on cars. All of the sudden I'll realize some or all of the mods on a car are reset to stock, even though I'm sure I had previously added some of them.
Dorito Pope
Banned
(03-23-2013, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Soka

I'm pretty sure that resolution was also found in the other versions (PS3, 360).

EDIT: Yep.

Just saying that it should have been trivial to upgrade the res by 8 pixels to 720p if the system was powerful enough.
blu
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:39 PM)
blu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

...so much for definitive version visually. willing to bet that most of what they said was PR bullshit and that the only real improvements are the textures (thanks to the extra RAM).

You lost me there. How it this version not the definitive (console) one?
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(03-23-2013, 05:42 PM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skiesofwonder

I won't race online (crappy satellite connection), but I do need people with 800k or greater Most Wanted scores to motivate me to raise my own score! Outside of Smiles, my friend's list seems to be slacking :p

NNID: Skiesofwonder

I only have 10 people playing out of my 100 friend's list and only about 4 of them are serious about challenging the SP ranks

when I get my new HD monitor today I'm going to try to get the tires that inflates I hate those Spike Strip these cops drop down - still learning how to corner a Bugatti without crashing last night I made a run at clearing the race list to get those tires but that hard Around the World race those tunnels always get me because I never hit the break I like just going full out it feels good when you can just fly by things you could crash on

does my Avatar show up in your game?
http://www.needforspeed.com/autolog/most-wanted
check this Origin stats to compare our match up it seems to have better details

I hate that it only shows Miis
JCH!
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 05:50 PM)
JCH!'s Avatar
I have no one on my friend list! Add me! NNID: Brithor
fernoca
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:50 PM)
fernoca's Avatar
Guys...it Dorito Pope's "thing", don't mind him. :p

*****

By the way, is there any "real way" to send friend requests? The ones I send through the Friends List are never seen by others and they have to add me so they can see me too.
Vagabundo
Member
(03-23-2013, 05:57 PM)
Vagabundo's Avatar

Originally Posted by blu

You lost me there. How it this version not the definitive (console) one?

Because of the lack of the 8 pixel upgrade.
Dorito Pope
Banned
(03-23-2013, 05:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Vagabundo

Because of the lack of the 8 pixel upgrade.

Precisely.
megabytecr
Member
(03-23-2013, 06:02 PM)
megabytecr's Avatar

Originally Posted by fernoca

Guys...it Dorito Pope's "thing", don't mind him. :p

*****

By the way, is there any "real way" to send friend requests? The ones I send through the Friends List are never seen by others and they have to add me so they can see me too.

Use Miiverse-search-view profile-send request
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(03-23-2013, 06:07 PM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar
http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_S.../Modifications

Modifications are time syncs I want Pro everything :(
olimpia84
Member
(03-23-2013, 06:54 PM)
olimpia84's Avatar
Looks like it went back up to $60 in the Origin store. Glad I bought this early :)
JCH!
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 06:57 PM)
JCH!'s Avatar
Been playing for over 8 hours, 0 hard locks. Using the retail version. Guess I must be really, really lucky?
Donnie
Member
(03-23-2013, 07:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

...so much for definitive version visually. willing to bet that most of what they said was PR bullshit and that the only real improvements are the textures (thanks to the extra RAM).

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

Just saying that it should have been trivial to upgrade the res by 8 pixels to 720p if the system was powerful enough.

Why would they upgrade the res by 8 pixels?, that wouldn't make it 720p and would be pointless. You maybe need to think before posting, as the rest of your argument makes no sense either. I mean Criterion have never claimed this version runs at a higher resolution. So the lack of a resolution upgrade shouldn't give anyone a reason to cast doubt over any of their claims of graphical upgrades.
Last edited by Donnie; 03-23-2013 at 07:38 PM.
pixlexic
Member
(03-23-2013, 07:33 PM)
pixlexic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Donnie

Why would they upgrade the res by 8 pixels?, that wouldn't make it 720p.. You maybe need to think before posting. As the rest of your argument makes no sense either.

it would also screw up all their GUI assets.
RobbieNick
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 07:36 PM)
RobbieNick's Avatar
I've played the Wii U and PS3 versions and the Wii U version DOES look a bit better visually.
burgerdog
Member
(03-23-2013, 08:09 PM)
burgerdog's Avatar
BruiserBear is a beast! Slow down so I can beat some of your times :D Question, What's up with the Venom Most Wanted race? It's incredibly hard >.> Was it part of the speed pack dlc?
Last edited by burgerdog; 03-23-2013 at 08:16 PM.
richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(03-23-2013, 08:24 PM)
richiek's Avatar
Here's my NNID: mordicool

I'm getting better, but I still suck at this game.
dahuman
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 08:35 PM)
Here is me messing around in 1080p video, looks pretty good on my end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDayTWd-fMc&hd=1
Dorito Pope
Banned
(03-23-2013, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Donnie

Why would they upgrade the res by 8 pixels?, that wouldn't make it 720p and would be pointless. You maybe need to think before posting, as the rest of your argument makes no sense either. I mean Criterion have never claimed this version runs at a higher resolution. So the lack of a resolution upgrade shouldn't give anyone a reason to cast doubt over any of their claims of graphical upgrades.

Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(03-23-2013, 08:51 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar

Originally Posted by dahuman

Here is me messing around in 1080p video, looks pretty good on my end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDayTWd-fMc&hd=1

Please make available for mobile devices :). Can't watch thislink on my iPad.
blu
Member
(03-23-2013, 08:57 PM)
blu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Always-honest

Please make available for mobile devices :). Can't watch thislink on my iPad.

It's in h264, should be working fine. *goes to check on his ipad* .. tsk. Might be vp8, my bad.
Last edited by blu; 03-23-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Soka
Member
(03-23-2013, 08:57 PM)
Soka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.

This trolling knows no bounds.

Also, thanks for the video dahuman, gonna watch it now.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Member
(03-23-2013, 09:00 PM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.

WUT
AdamMPSP
Member
(03-23-2013, 09:01 PM)
AdamMPSP's Avatar
I already own the Vita and 360 version, but I'm this close to triple-dipping on the Wii U one (just got a Wii U about 6 days ago). Love this game.
VanWinkle
Member
(03-23-2013, 09:05 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar
I was hoping my copy from Origin would come in today :(
BlockheadBrown
Member
(03-23-2013, 09:43 PM)
BlockheadBrown's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dead Man Typing

I just compiled this list of everyone who has posted their NNID's in this thread:

Dead_Man_Typing
RipVanWinkle
KitschyKitty
BruiserBear
burgerdog
crmegabyte
4scarr
TheMainEvent
jodyanthony
frankie_baby
HeySeuss
Spiderduff
zaragoza
HyruleLegend
FrakEarth
puntervold
plufim
andthebeatgoeson
gamer1984
ReconPeon

I probably wont race online with people, but I need scores to attack.

Edit: Removed a name I'm not sure of and added ReconPeon. If anyone wants to add to this list, copy and paste and add your name.

Please add BlockheadBrown. :)
BlockheadBrown
Member
(03-23-2013, 09:44 PM)
BlockheadBrown's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

I was hoping my copy from Origin would come in today :(

I picked free shipping. Likely not until next week for me. :(
D-e-f-
Banned
(03-23-2013, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.

Donnie
Member
(03-23-2013, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Dorito Pope

Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.

It isn't though, the difference between 1280x704 and 720p is around 20,500 pixels. Even that many extra is far from a game changer, it's a pretty small difference.
Last edited by Donnie; 03-23-2013 at 10:14 PM.
keakster
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 10:25 PM)
keakster's Avatar
Ordered mine from the Steam sale, still waiting for it to arrive

May not be online too much, but looking to have scores to attack!
NNID: keakster
richyque
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 10:31 PM)
I need nintendo pals, ill be getting need for speed u in a few days. My NNID is: TheMightyQUINN.
TheDrowningMan
Member
(03-23-2013, 10:45 PM)
Right, the default controls are just fine, but after a bit of tinkering my competence has been vastly improved by using the right analogue to accelerate / brake.

I've got:

Handbrake - ZL
Horn - Right click
Change camera - A
Cam left - L
Cam right - R
Cam down - X
Swap car - Y
Nitrose - ZR
Skip music track - B

The only thing that is a bit funky is cam down - It doesn't seem to like to do it when I'm on the gas, and sometimes it turns to the back instead of instantly flicking there, but it's manageable.
frankie_baby
Member
(03-23-2013, 10:58 PM)
Think I've just managed to hard lock it, yay! Im not missing out any more lol, Tried to use the post to miiverse bit and I'm playing on the gamepad, oh well hopefully it'll get patched

More positively just got well over 50k (nearer 60k) points from a police chase
D-e-f-
Banned
(03-23-2013, 11:21 PM)

Originally Posted by frankie_baby

Think I've just managed to hard lock it, yay! Im not missing out any more lol, Tried to use the post to miiverse bit and I'm playing on the gamepad, oh well hopefully it'll get patched

More positively just got well over 50k (nearer 60k) points from a police chase

I'd assume that is related to the overall OS mess that will be (presumably) taken care of with the April update (and the Summer update).
EDarkness
Member
(03-23-2013, 11:27 PM)
Here's my NID: EDarkness

Not many of my friends have the game, but it's cool seeing people's scores while driving around.
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(03-23-2013, 11:31 PM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar
I just experienced a hard-lock in the middle of a 44k hot pursuit. I really enjoy Most Wanted U, but stuff like that makes me weary about playing sometimes. Oh well, switching to Lego City Undercover.

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

I only have 10 people playing out of my 100 friend's list and only about 4 of them are serious about challenging the SP ranks

when I get my new HD monitor today I'm going to try to get the tires that inflates I hate those Spike Strip these cops drop down - still learning how to corner a Bugatti without crashing last night I made a run at clearing the race list to get those tires but that hard Around the World race those tunnels always get me because I never hit the break I like just going full out it feels good when you can just fly by things you could crash on

does my Avatar show up in your game?
http://www.needforspeed.com/autolog/most-wanted
check this Origin stats to compare our match up it seems to have better details

I hate that it only shows Miis

I only see your Mii on the rankings, no avatar.

Yeah the Venom Most Wanted and Around The World races are some of the toughest. When you come out of those tunnels at high speed the sun blinds you and you can't see where you are going (which usually equals a crash into upcoming traffic or the median lol). I also have trouble with the speed runs.

I didn't know you could get spike-preventors for your tired, pretty cool.
dahuman
Junior Member
(03-23-2013, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Always-honest

Please make available for mobile devices :). Can't watch thislink on my iPad.

interestingly, I can't do it in the advanced tab for some reason, it just says "No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV." lol?

update: it's the muse song, won't let me check the box because of it.
Last edited by dahuman; 03-23-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: update
Christberg
Member
(03-23-2013, 11:43 PM)
Christberg's Avatar
Man, I need to catch up. Been too busy rolling Lego City.
blu
Member
(03-24-2013, 01:46 AM)
blu's Avatar
Ok, fuck Venom. That said, the game is absolutely sublime. Criterion did it once again.

Thread Tools