Originally Posted by Hideo Kojima
Currently I'm working on the challenge (which I'm going to announce at GDC) on the production procedure over FOX engine. I strongly believe making the artificial waxwork look real or lively and making real person's expression ASAP over CG share much of common.
So, /v/ posted a theory.
Joakim is 100% CGI in that interview. This is an elaborate tech demo for the Fox Engine.
- It explains why the two are never in the same frame together
- It explains the bandages
- It explains why the game being on the Fox Engine was the big reveal.
If you look at his cheek during the interview, the shading seems suspicious. And the closer you look at it, I have a hard time believing he is actually there.
Cleared up the Twitter image a little. Tried to offer more definition. No matter what I did there was no definable definition on the neck area.
Also worth noting that messing with the levels of the image showed some rather interesting artifacts on everything apart from his head. Suggesting a higher resolution image has been layered atop the low resolution body.
Points worth noting:
- The upper eyelids only half drop. The attached skin doesn't move at all. (i.e. the eyebrow, the recess below the eyebrow)
- The lower eyelids simply don't move. I don't know about you, but I can't move my upper eyelids independently of the lower. More-so, when you are shocked or taken aback by something, the natural is to winch/squint.
- The point of light in his pupil doesn't move in relation to his head movement. In fact it's static within the pupil at all times.
- The shadows around the bandages on the right of the image are not consistent with the head movement
New interview link, other one got Viacom'ed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpbxBDA1-Q
Geoff Keighley is obviously real, but there are many oddities about Mogren during the interview.
Face rendered by the Fox Engine:
Wild and crazy speculation of course, but if this is true, this interview was one hell of a ruse.
Voting for TeamCG and Team Real. Cast your vote, and let Kojima be with you.
Created by toddhunter.: